• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyno

Finished the campaign. I loved the boss fight at the end. It's actually a great metaphor for the multiplayer: moving is more important than shooting.

When it ended I shed a bro-tear for Marcus and the gang. (Maybe it was spilt whiskey.) A grand finale to one of the best franchises this gen.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Special request : I'm currently doing my insane run and I just can't get past 4-2, a chapter where the Lambent are coming at you from all sides (the wretches, oh god!). If there's anyone willing to help me a bit with this, it'd be more than appreciated. If you're struggling with other chapters, I'd gladly help out as well. gt is Creamium85, feel free to add me and include a message.

see5harp

Sure Leon. All I play nowadays is Gears MP. I'm not Ballistik great but I get my caps and kills. I swear yesterday night I was seeing issues with lag too. It's not a huge deal, but if you use hammerburst you can tell. I also notice stuff happening whenever someone jumps over cover.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Anyone think that the entirety of Act 3 was just pure amazingness. The first chapter of Act 3 was so unbelievably diverse in combat I was actually stunned.

Scarecrow

woo. We just got done with the 4 player run through. Super fun. Thanks for having me around, guys!

If anyone needs a dude to complete Insane Beast mode, I'll lend a hand, too.

Scarecrow said:
woo. We just got done with the 4 player run through. Super fun. Thanks for having me around, guys!

If anyone needs a dude to complete Insane Beast mode, I'll lend a hand, too.

me too. had a good run, but looking for INSANE action now.

Finally unlocked A Carmine and Prescott.

In other news, the .25 hit you take for super-reload is more than worth it if you tackle Horde on Hardcore or Insane.

-PXG-

The Antitype said:
Finally unlocked A Carmine and Prescott.

In other news, the .25 hit you take for super-reload is more than worth it if you tackle Horde on Hardcore or Insane.

Yeah...someone totally got that legit...

Punisher

Neo Member
I'm so glad Gears multiplayer is finally up to par. I haven't played a single laggy game yet I believe.

I will be playing this for a while.

It also shows in my results, I'm kicking some serious ass compared to GOW 1 and 2 online.

-PXG- said:
Yeah exactly...didn't get it legit.

*shrugs*

I played enough Horde and ranked KOTH to hit lvl 75, I don't really mind 'lowering myself' to playing the game with 9 friends on minimum win conditions so we can all enjoy most of the characters.

Mikasangelos said:
Haha no. We're really good friends. Im married now.
Hahah ok gotcha.

Unrelated, it really sucks that those maps won't be available for public Horde. I don't really have any friends who play Gears 3 online [:(], so being able to play with randoms is kind of necessary. Unless some of you guys want to play sometime.

REV 09

Genesis Knight said:
Wow, that seems almost impossible that the DLC maps will only be for private. Dumb dumb dumb.
yea, i honestly don't believe this to be the case. It has never been the case, and i don't see why it would start with this game.

so who's trying to get a few end waves of horde or a beast run on insane? i got the 3 mutators you need and 1 1/2 hours to burn. the more the merrier

Lima

panama chief said:
so who's trying to get a few end waves of horde or a beast run on insane? i got the 3 mutators you need and 1 1/2 hours to burn. the more the merrier

I'm in. GT is Revolver Ned.

-PXG-

Raxus said:
So how is playing execution with the SOS working out for you?

It's not so bad. There are a few of them, all of which are annoying. I got robbed for a quad because of an SOS asshole, earlier today.

Ramirez

I don't really understand the point of medals and the Seriously achievement if you can just cheese them in private matches with friends, eh...

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Ramirez said:
I don't really understand the point of medals and the Seriously achievement if you can just cheese them in private matches with friends, eh...
Still more time consuming than Seriously 2.0

see5harp

You could do the same thing with seriously 2.0, which was also a pretty big waste of time. I would say though, where's the fun in cheesing MVP ribbons?

hopefully cliffyb is lurking in the thread and confirm that the three new maps are indeed horde/beast/private only.

glad i waited on the season pass

h3ro

maxcer0081 said:
hopefully cliffyb is lurking in the thread and confirm that the three new maps are indeed horde/beast/private only.

I hope they give a reason for this. Why not have a Season Pass/DLC play list?

Just doesn't make sense.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
maxcer0081 said:

What's going on in this thread

are you telling me that i dropped 30 bucks for maps i can only use private? watwatwawtawtawat

Skilotonn said:
That sarcasm flew right over your head...

No it didn't. I was confirming his suspicions.

And it's not as though we weren't having fun. We were playing like we normally would, just with really low win conditions so matches went quicker. But it was still a ton of fun.

Nori Chan

see5harp said:
You could do the same thing with seriously 2.0, which was also a pretty big waste of time. I would say though, where's the fun in cheesing MVP ribbons?
I don't know about you, but I rather not die to the same person more than 5 times just to execute him. LET ALONE DO IT 1000 TIMES

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Noriega said:
I don't know about you, but I rather not die to the same person more than 5 times just to execute him. LET ALONE DO IT 1000 TIMES
Yeah, any medal requiring you to die is pretty lame.

take a tip from Bungie and the Reach challenges;
"Get a killing spree twice in a single match"
this means you have to get 5 kills, die, and get 5 more kills. You can't just get 10, because while a 'killing frenzy' is a type of killing spree, it isn't the literal 'killing spree'. soooooo many people over on bungie.net were pissed about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom