• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noriega said:
Rod also confirmed that it will eventually be put in the mp cycle, but the date hadn't been determined.
Unbelievable... I hope they determine it soon because I'm sure as hell not buying those maps for Horde/Private only. :/

To be clear, it's called the "Horde Command Pack". The first DLC is mainly supporting Horde play, just like the second will be Campaign.
Campaign DLC will include maps for public Versus play.
Hahaha. WTF.

2th

Banned
see5harp said:
I guess I'll hit up Jack in the Crack tonight too. Maybe I'll be nice and buy 3 sodas.

ill trade you for an adam fenix code if you want. or you could just help out a poor gaffer whose closest Jack In the Box is almost 4 hours away.

see5harp

2th said:
ill trade you for an adam fenix code if you want. or you could just help out a poor gaffer whose closest Jack In the Box is almost 4 hours away.

Already got adam fenix. I'd take some other random code but if I get lucky I may just hook people up.

moai

i have an infected omen skins to trade........or a helping hand would be nice. don't like to turn this thread in to a beggin one, but that restaurant is not available in my country.

see5harp

Addnan said:
What do you want for them? All I can offer is a months gold :(

Let me get the drinks first guys. Calm down and take deep breaths. Yes, they are the coolest looking weapon skins out but let me get them first.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Seth Balmore said:
This game is unplayable without friends. smfh @ these brainless randoms...

Yeah it really can be. If you hang back too much and support idiots you'll quickly find yourself either vastly outnumbered or getting destroyed from behind. Usually playing with randoms means one of two things. A mad dash for a power weapon or babysitting brain dead vegetables. I mean dear god the things these people do. My favorite scenario is saving 2 of them who are together from certain death only to find that a quarter of a second later they're both gone and im being hunted down by 3 dudes. There's almost a fine science to playing with randoms.

Gr1mLock said:
There's almost a fine science to playing with randoms.
Yeah. The science of finding out how much rage your circulatory system can handle until your blood pressure skyrockets and you have a fucking stroke.

And speaking of high blood pressure. Epic need to seriously rethink their PR strategies for the sake of their fans' health.

Risk Breaker said:
Rod saying the issue is in the servers is such bullshit. The servers already have those maps, just like our clients.

it is bullshit, and for the off chance they think the playerbase will be segregated I say just give the maps to everyone and keep the rest as paid DLC.

I guarantee they're going to lose out on a big chunk of cash doing it this way, some people are going to be ticked off and not buy it and some are going to get bored with the maps we have now and stop playing altogether.

Argh. I probably will end up buying the maps just to play horde mode with buddies... but hell, maybe I'll be so wrapped up in other MP games I won't think too until months down the road.

see5harp

The main thing that truly hurts with randoms is the lack of communication. Regardless of player skill, the main thing that kills organization is just not knowing where guys are coming from. In KOTH, respawns happen very fast and the game basically turns into a series of battles...almost like 8 rounds of execution distilled into a single objective game. Unless you are much better than the opponent, you are not going to win every battle and it comes down to spotting, letting you teammates know where they are coming from and paying attention to the power weapons.

Lima

Lol they said that there would be horde, campaign and mp dlc.

Now we get horde first and people are regretting their season pass purchase. Why did you buy the fucking pass in the first place if you don't want the horde content?

Some people...

h3ro

Lima said:

Now we get horde first and people are regretting their season pass purchase. Why did you buy the fucking pass in the first place if you don't want the horde content?

Some people...
?

I don't think you understand what we're upset about. It's not that they made content for Horde. It's that we can't play the 3 add-on maps in any public MP. Which is bull.

Rynge

Neo Member
anybody on gaf wanna trade green liquid skin for mechanic baird? i dont have the code yet but ill go to a jack in the box near me and see whats up if someone is willing to trade

Lima

h3ro said:
?

I don't think you understand what we're upset about.

There is new horde content, the maps are part of it. You will get new mp maps later. This was said before release. No reason to bitch about it now.

Karram

I just bought the season pack a few hours ago after reading about the upcoming DLC, and I'm regretting doing so after reading that they are only playable in private mode. What a terrible decision :\

Lima said:
There is new horde content, the maps are part of it. You will get new mp maps later. This was said before release. No reason to bitch about it now.

Dude. They want to enter public matches with the new HORDE maps. They don't want to be stuck playing the maps exclusively in private matches when they can manage to wrangle friends together.

h3ro

Lima said:
Why is this so difficult for you to see why we're upset?

Lima

The Antitype said:
Dude. They want to enter public matches with the new HORDE maps. They don't want to be stuck playing the maps exclusively in private matches when they can manage to wrangle friends together.

Who the fuck plays horde with randoms? Get on one of the GAF tags and invite people. Problem solved.

But you know that is not the reason they bitch about it. They want these maps added into the rotation for mp matches.

abracadaver said:
I think Rod just confirmed that the 3 maps are already on the disc:
Of course they're on the disc. People with jtagged consoles have been showing them off for days on Youtube.

In fact, just boot up your game right now and go check the leaderboards for any game mode. Scroll through the maps and what's this? Leaderboards for Azura, Blood Drive and Rust Lung! :eek: And they have been there from day -10.

Seth Balmore said:
Of course they're on the disc. People with jtagged consoles have been showing them off for days on Youtube.

In fact, just boot up your game right now and go check the leaderboards for any game mode. Scroll through the maps and what's this? Leaderboards for Azura, Blood Drive and Rust Lung! :eek: And they have been there from day -10.
Seriously? That's fucking bullshit. Fucking Microsoft these days...

Karram

Seth Balmore said:

In fact, just boot up your game right now and go check the leaderboards for any game mode. Scroll through the maps and what's this? Leaderboards for Azura, Blood Drive and Rust Lung! :eek: And they has been there from day -10.
If they aren't tweaked or changed in any way in the DLC, this would be a really cheap move by Epic.

-PXG-

Let me get this shit straight. The new maps won't be in the matchmaking rotation? Are you kidding me?

DLC maps should come up in matchmaking if they game sees that everyone in the lobby has them. That, or make a playlist for those who have DLC. Problem solved.

Lima

Karram said:
If they aren't tweaked or changed in any way in the DLC, this would be a really cheap move by Epic.

Everything about this first DLC is "cheap"

The characters and maps are on the disc, the "new" stuff they are adding to horde is something they purposely left out like the rockets for the silverback in horde, when you could use them in campaign.

The game is already suffering from map fatigue. Gears 2 had 15 maps on launch, Gears 3 only 10.

It's mind blowing to me that they would not include the first round of DLC maps in public playlists.

Seth Balmore said:
Hahaha. WTF.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.

Wait.

We're getting public Versus maps via Campaign DLC for a seriously boring/underwhelming campaign that I've barely touched?

Get fucked.

If I want to play Versus exclusively, I should be able to get the full experience without spreading my cash over shit that I simply do not want.

Detox

Lima said:
People assumed you could play horde maps in public MP like you know since horde was invented.

So glad I didn't get the season pass, what a fucking dumb decision especially since blood drive was pretty terrible on horde.

2th

Banned
So mad love to Jaguarandi for hooking me up with the green weapons code. You sir are a gentleman and a scholar!

Ugh, this news really sucks for the casual player (me). I barely have any time to play (a couple hours a week) and the news that you can't just jump into MP with the new maps really sucks.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Lima said:

Some people...

We are all STARVING for new maps. We're BEGGING Epic to take our money. Then they release this shit nobody gives a fuck about. Private matches only ffs.

this whole DLC map thing is hilarious. they want to sell us DLC but they don't want to split the userbase

..and they actually found a way to do it.

Lima

RSTEIN said:
We are all STARVING for new maps. We're BEGGING Epic to take our money. Then they release this shit nobody gives a fuck about. Private matches only ffs.

So you know all of the 10 maps inside out? I don't and I play them a shit ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom