• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
quickwhips said:
i don't know I downed two guys tonight on checkout and bam mantle kicked both like a bad ass. Feels Good or something like that. Like a double rainbow but better.

Generally it's very good. Yesterday, however, I should have stunned a dude, but I didn't. And I should have gib'd him, but I didn't. It was a sad moment in time.

dmg04 said:
Did they nerf the fucking gas grenades?
I pegged someone IN THE FACE - no kill. :|

its terrible now.....had the same issue just an hour ago. gotta space it right, throw the ink then lancer away. even worse is when theyre down they dont die from the gas......WTF?

Kajiba

Does anybody have anymore extra green weapons skin codes left that they don't want? I'll trade something in exchange for it. = )

reggie

Banned
Blasted through 3 acts last night on 4 player coop insane with Instagib melee, infinite ammo, and super reload. Makes insane feel like you're playing on casual, which isn't half bad, considering the sometimes instant death from some of the overpowered/unfair enemies.

-PXG-

Vincent Alexander said:
What do you play the most to level up so much?
Koth and TDM.

I've had less time the passed few days. Plus, it's harder to level up in the 90's, especially when you're playing games that yield low exp, such as Execution.

KOTH gives out an insane amount of EXP.

Horde more on Hardcore or Insane isn't bad either.

reggie said:
Not the lambent version though.

Sweet.

Well, I might start up a Horde room later tonight with super-reload, instagib melee and maybe infinite ammo or something.

Anyone want to form a horde mode group for friday night? I wouldn't mind doing the straight run for the achievement. (All levels straight)

If you're interested, please send a pm to TheInquistor. I will also check in this thread over the next few days.

Ten straight matches. Played against all mexican players. Are no americans playing ranked anything? I know I live in southern cal, but I never had this problem with gears2. Every now and then we'd get a super laggy match against someone from guadalajara or something in gears2. It's now become a regular occurrence. Why can't I get dedis anymore?

DevelopmentArrested said:
Why the f do people always vote for the same maps over and over again
All i play is checkout and gridlock

Play quickmatch. Faster matchmaking, no map voting, bots usually get kicked out within minutes of a match starting.

I'm happy with anything, as long as it isn't Sandbar. I do wish I got to play more Overpass or Drydock though. I feel like they're a rarity.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
shichishito said:
Ten straight matches. Played against all mexican players. Are no americans playing ranked anything? I know I live in southern cal, but I never had this problem with gears2. Every now and then we'd get a super laggy match against someone from guadalajara or something in gears2. It's now become a regular occurrence. Why can't I get dedis anymore?
Where in so cal? i'm north county san diego.

let's play
right now

lol

Alright. Looking for 4 GAFers to do a 1-50 run THIS FRIDAY AT 7PM CST

PM me to reserve up a slot. I would prefer going on casual to make the 1-50 run, but I could be convinced to try normal.

1) TheInquistor (me)
2)
3)
4)
5)

The_Inquisitor said:

PM me to reserve up a slot. I would prefer going on casual to make the 1-50 run, but I could be convinced to try normal.

1) TheInquistor (me)
2)
3)
4)
5)

I can't be that definitive with my schedule, but I'll put my name down. If you're in for an easy experience, then we could play on Normal or Hardcore with infinite ammo, super-reload and insta-gib melee or something.

Nori Chan

The_Inquisitor said:

1) TheInquistor (me)
2)
3)
4)
5)
Insane?

RBK

Banned
The_Inquisitor said:

1) TheInquistor (me)
2)
3)
4)
5)

I'll be willing to play, open at that time as well.

Arjen

So it's pretty much confirmed that those new maps are already on the disc?
I'm not buying things that are already on the disc, i now a lot of you don't care about that, but that's a dealbreaker for me, i refuse to pay for an unlock code.

DatBreh

Banned
Good God you guys play a ton of Gears. I can only play about 2 hours a day if im very lucky and i have no idea how im going to unlock those mutators at this pace.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Onyx Vengeful is literally the most retarded thing in this game.

1. I've never had a namesis in multiplayer matchmaking
2. If someone was 'whooping my ass' that hard, i doubt i'd execute him. Rather, i'd Tbag the fuck out of him until he got back up, and then use a SOS.

leng jai

Spawning in this game is completely fucked. The 5 second immunity only exacerbates the issue. So many times a guy has right next to me and killed me since they're invincible but fpr some stupid reason can still hurt me.

unomas

Banned
Good

Checkout
Dry Dock
Gridlock
Oldtown
Thrashball

Average

Trenches
Mercy

Bad

Hotel
Overpass (Horrible map, give me Raven Down please)
Sandbar (Horrible, but Canals would be nice)

Addnan

unomas said:
Good

Checkout
Dry Dock
Gridlock
Oldtown
Thrashball

Average

Trenches
Mercy

Bad

Hotel
Why do you not like Hotel?? Its one of the best maps!

unomas

Banned
Addnan said:
Why do you not like Hotel?? Its one of the best maps!

I was going to put in under average, but I don't know, for some reason I just don't like the flow of it. Granted, I love Thrashball, but when you're in a ranked room people don't want to seem to play it.

Just not a big fan of Hotel, probably too large for my tastes with the indoor/outdoor factor, or at least it seems that way. I really do enjoy the multi though, tons of fun and I've spent countless hours now building to my lowly level 35.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
dmg04 said:
Onyx Vengeful is literally the most retarded thing in this game.

1. I've never had a namesis in multiplayer matchmaking
2. If someone was 'whooping my ass' that hard, i doubt i'd execute him. Rather, i'd Tbag the fuck out of him until he got back up, and then use a SOS.

Yeah, this is stupid as hell and seems nigh impossible to get. I don't think I even have ONE for that.

Arjen

leng jai said:
Spawning in this game is completely fucked. The 5 second immunity only exacerbates the issue. So many times a guy has right next to me and killed me since they're invincible but fpr some stupid reason can still hurt me.

The spawns in KotH are even worse, one of the worst i ever come across in multiplayer.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Well all i play is freakin sandbar and overpass. Map rotation seriously needs help.

RBK

Banned
unomas said:
Good

Checkout
Dry Dock
Gridlock
Oldtown
Thrashball

Average

Trenches
Mercy

Bad

Hotel

Put Gridlock to average and Hotel to good and you have a solid list.

Zezboob

Dear Epic,

In modes with respawns, you should use more than 2 spawns points per maps.

@Wow at all these lists. Personally the quality of the maps depends a lot of the mode, specially because of the spawns.
For example Hotel on Warzone/Execution is sweet, but garbage in Team Deathmatch.

Lima

Zezboob said:
For example Hotel on Warzone/Execution is sweet, but garbage in Team Deathmatch.

I like it when I'm spawning in the elevator. The doors open. DAT DING sound. Shit is like welcoming you to the fight.

Ramirez

Papercuts said:
Atleast we can all agree on Sandbar and Overpass being balls.

I wish they would take them out of MM, and just leave them as Horde maps. Ran into a lvl 96 tonight, seriously, where do people find the time? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom