• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daigoro

Zezboob said:
Dear Epic,

In modes with respawns, you should use more than 2 spawns points per maps.

@Wow at all these lists. Personally the quality of the maps depends a lot of the mode, specially because of the spawns.
For example Hotel on Warzone/Execution is sweet, but garbage in Team Deathmatch.

agree with both points.

some of the maps that suck in modes like TDM are fantastic in a mode like Wingman.

Gears of War 2 had about half as many truly great maps as Gears of War.

Gears of War 3 has about half as many truly great maps as Gears of War 2.

Epic - If you just tweak and re-release all the best maps from GoW and GoW2, I'll buy it. I need some map variety.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
dmg04 said:
Did they nerf the fucking gas grenades?
I pegged someone IN THE FACE - no kill. :|

You could always get away from a poison stun if you have zero damage, the tiniest bit of damage before that in a point-blank hit will kill you though.

malfcn said:

It's clear to conclude that Horde isn't on dedicated servers.

In case you didn't know, only Versus modes - Quick & Ranked are on dedicated servers, which is why Horde isn't part of the problem with the map inclusion that they stated.

warbegins said:
didn't see that one coming

I'm sorry that I never join in on the bitching and moaning on Neogaf that always wears off the next day, with people even supporting what they were bitching about in the first place, making it a complete waste of time for them.

I really am, bro. I guess I just like to not waste time and emotions on certain things.

Robot Pants

dmg04 said:
Onyx Vengeful is literally the most retarded thing in this game.

1. I've never had a namesis in multiplayer matchmaking
2. If someone was 'whooping my ass' that hard, i doubt i'd execute him. Rather, i'd Tbag the fuck out of him until he got back up, and then use a SOS.

I agree. I don't suck bad enough to let someone kill me five times in a row.
I literally don't have one Revenge/Nemesis ribbon. But I also don't really play team deathmatch or KOTH much.
KOTH I can stomach, TDM I can't. So I guess I'll have to play those to get the ribbon/medal.
Fuck it, no I won't. Seriously 3.0 can go to hell.

The Antitype said:
Gears of War 2 didn't have a single good map.
Fixed that for you. I honestly can't say I LIKED a single new map in Gears 2. Jacinto was average and the rest really sucked. I don't understand people that like Blood Drive. Good god it was just a camp fest and it will be in Gears 3 also. Forget even trying to play Submission or CTL on that map.
They need to pretty much bring all the favorite maps back from Gears 1. And OUR favorite ones. Not this, "Hey, here's a remade Tyro Station for some reason."
(I didn't mind Tyro Station in Gears 1 but come on....)

Mansion (at night please)
Canals
Fuel Depot
War Machine
Mausoleum (*gasp*)
Process
Subway

That right there is a healthy selection and helps out with the drab one we have for now.

Another day, another Gears 3 game on P2P. And another. And another...

Bonus fun: 3 host migrations in a row! First of them happened when we were 5 points away from winning a KOTH match! :)

Kydd BlaZe

leng jai said:
Spawning in this game is completely fucked. The 5 second immunity only exacerbates the issue. So many times a guy has right next to me and killed me since they're invincible but fpr some stupid reason can still hurt me.
I think there are already a few games that do this, but Epic should make it so that once a player fires his weapon upon spawning, the invulnerability is voided.

Darklord said:
Why does it take an entire round to let you play as your preferred character? Why not just switch you do it? It's so stupid.
Are you playing quick matches? If so I assume it is because your skin was not loaded by everyone else when the match started so you need to wait for the next period of loading. They do not want to load skins into memory that no one is playing with. Just a guess though.

Jrmint

The_Inquisitor said:
Alright. Looking for 4 GAFers to do a 1-50 run THIS FRIDAY AT 7PM CST

PM me to reserve up a slot. I would prefer going on casual to make the 1-50 run, but I could be convinced to try normal.

1) TheInquistor (me)
2)
3)
4)
5)
I will go. Put me down please, PM'ing as well.

K' Dash

The_Inquisitor said:
Alright. Looking for 4 GAFers to do a 1-50 run THIS FRIDAY AT 7PM CST

PM me to reserve up a slot. I would prefer going on casual to make the 1-50 run, but I could be convinced to try normal.

1) TheInquistor (me)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Sent you a PM a while ago.

Kajiba

Play some Capture the Leader today. I was the leader. Had the grenade on and got downed while holding it. Two of them came out to try and pick me up..... I blew my self up and killed two of them and was still alive.

That shit felt really wrong lol.

Kajiba said:
Play some Capture the Leader today. I was the leader. Had the grenade on and got downed while holding it. Two of them came out to try and pick me up..... I blew my self up and killed two of them and was still alive.

Don't feel wrong about it, developers encourage it! Somebody explained this "strategy" to Joe Graf the other day asking if it could be considered an exploit... Graf said it was a good strategy and he would use it next time he played.

-PXG-

Darklord said:
Why does it take an entire round to let you play as your preferred character? Why not just switch you do it? It's so stupid.

The 360 doesn't have enough available memory to queue every character skin in the background while a game is in progress. That's why you get a default character whenever you join a Quick Match.

There's nothing Epic can do to fix it. They're not going to bother anyway. It's far too much work to fix something so small.

1) TheInquistor (me)
2) K' Dash
3) Jrmint
4) ChiefEdiri
5) see5harp (waiting for final confirmation)

maybe's

1)The Antitype
2)
3)

Everyone else on this list, please send me a PM with your GT or add me @ TheInquistor on live with a message horde mode GAF if you haven't already. If I don't get a response from everyone on the list by tomorrow I will open your slot.

Thanks everyone!

Z_Y

Season pass question...how long will the discount last? Im waiting on a points card and figuring it will be just my luck if the season pass expires before I get it.

The Antitype said:
Play quickmatch. Faster matchmaking, no map voting, bots usually get kicked out within minutes of a match starting.
You'll still end up playing the same 3-4 maps over and over, because the map rotation sucks.

Addnan

Z_Y said:
Season pass question...how long will the discount last? Im waiting on a points card and figuring it will be just my luck if the season pass expires before I get it.
Season pass is not going anywhere, will always be available.

K' Dash

The_Inquisitor said:
1) TheInquistor (me)
2) K' Dash
3) Jrmint
4) ChiefEdiri

maybe's

1)The Antitype
2)
3)

Everyone else on this list, please send me a PM with your GT or add me @ TheInquistor on live with a message horde mode GAF if you haven't already. If I don't get a response from everyone on the list by tomorrow I will open your slot.

Thanks everyone!

Just sent you a friend request.

Kajiba said:

That's really messed up

LosDaddie

Banned
The_Inquisitor said:
1) TheInquistor (me)
2) K' Dash
3) Jrmint
4) ChiefEdiri

maybe's

1)The Antitype
2)
3)

Thanks everyone!

7pm CST, hmm....that would be 8pm EST, right? That's too early for me. I can join you guys, but it won't be until around 10pm EST.

dmg04 said:
Onyx Vengeful is literally the most retarded thing in this game.

1. I've never had a namesis in multiplayer matchmaking
2. If someone was 'whooping my ass' that hard, i doubt i'd execute him. Rather, i'd Tbag the fuck out of him until he got back up, and then use a SOS.

I agree, i never had a nemesis either... Are we sure it's not broken?

I played THE most infuriating TDM match today. There were 2 or 3 enemy cockbags that insisted on retro-charging at every opportunity. The cacophony of retro bayonets propping into place and locust screams was deafening. No biggie, you say; retro chargers are easy to counter.

Well... That's the sad part... It was actually very effective against my tard teammates. At 1 round a piece, I was on something stupid like 19-2. I was single-handedly keeping my team alive. To illustrate the mediocrity of my buddies, one guy - close to rank 50 - was on a shameful 4-15. I mean, for fuck's sake... How do you even do that?

Anyway, the locusts kinda got their shit together and after copping 3 or 4 cheap deaths, which could have easily been averted had my teammates some semblance of brain matter, I got the fuck out of there.

God. Chuck in some lame SOS users and it would have been a tasty melting-pot of the worst that this game can dish up.

LowParry

Anyone got any extra green skin codes? I don't want to beg just that there is no Jack in the Box in my State (UT). Otherwise I'd be there all day. :D

zlatko

Banned
I have a L.A. Noire The Consul's Car traffic case code for PS3 for trade for anyone who has:

Green Skin Code

Savage Grenadier Character skin Code

PM me if interested.

LosDaddie

Banned
K' Dash said:
Sent you a PM a while ago.

Mikasangelos said:
SO NO GREEN SKINS AVAILABLE?! :(

Thanks for joining me last night. Seeing how easily Mikas was dying last night only confirms that I'm not even attempting my Insane campaign run without mutators. :lol

DatBreh said:
Good God you guys play a ton of Gears. I can only play about 2 hours a day if im very lucky and i have no idea how im going to unlock those mutators at this pace.

Welcome to the club. I'm still trying to finish the campaign for the first time. I'm able to get in ~1.5hrs each night

This weekend will be different though. My ladies are out of town and I have the whole house to myself. It's going to be a Gears3
and football
Weekend.

Willeth

zlatko said:
I have a L.A. Noire The Consul's Car traffic case code for PS3 for trade for anyone who has:

Green Skin Code

Savage Grenadier Character skin Code

PM me if interested.
I actually might be. I was going to save this Grenadier for trade for a green skin but it looks like I might be able to get one somewhere else. Watch this space.

bumpkin

LosDaddie said:
Thanks for joining me last night. Seeing how easily Mikas was dying last night only confirms that I'm not even attempting my Insane campaign run without mutators. :lol

Welcome to the club. I'm still trying to finish the campaign for the first time. I'm able to get in ~1.5hrs each night

This weekend will be different though. My ladies are out of town and the I have the whole house to myself. It's going to be a Gears3
and football
Weekend.
You've got me beat. I usually only get to play for a couple of hours on Saturday nights... That's pretty much it.

ZeroCoin

Has there been any word for those of us with problems with the beta unlocks? I'm not about to start gathering the villagers and handing out torches and pitchforks, but I am a little disappointed that some of the unlocks I've earned haven't materialized.

Duress

I finally got past wave 50 of horde. It was with a bunch of randoms on normal. I can't imagine doing it on insane without some mutators -_-

Lima

I just had the weirdest day ever.

I didn't sleep last night and decided to just play gears through the whole night. Now I was tired as fuck when leaving for uni. At noon I had this low point where I just fell asleep on my desk and dreamed about the epic gnasher battles I had.

Suddenly my professor wakes me up and asks me if I have been playing too much gears lately. Oh yeah I have. He just smiles and tells me to not let this get out of hand.

Now I'm back home, bought like 20 red bull cans and now play through another night. Either that or my body will fail and I will just pass out eventually.

Fun times. Thanks gears!

Lima said:

I didn't sleep last night and decided to just play gears through the whole night. Now I was tired as fuck when leaving for uni. At noon I had this low point where I just fell asleep on my desk and dreamed about the epic gnasher battles I had.

Suddenly my professor wakes me up and asks me if I have been playing too much gears lately. Oh yeah I have. He just smiles and tells me to not let this get out of hand.

Now I'm back home, bought like 20 red bull cans and now play through another night. Either that or my body will fail and I will just pass out eventually.

Fun times. Thanks gears!
Dude, sleep. Gears will be there when you wake up.

ShaneB

Lima said:

Fun times. Thanks gears!

Really? :(

Sleep man. Jeez. Sleep is great, your body needs it. Gears is a game, it'll be there when you wake up.

Lima said:

Fun times. Thanks gears!
Your professor knows about Gears? How old is he?

Lima said:
He is 49. He knows about the game because I told him about it during the beta where I had the exact same problem^^

sleep. your body will shut down if your mind doesnt get rest. which means death. red bull wont fix that shit.

at least take naps....5 twenty minute naps a day spread evenly will keep your mind cycling right.

LosDaddie

Banned
bumpkin said:
You've got me beat. I usually only get to play for a couple of hours on Saturday nights... That's pretty much it.

Well, I did have to get permission from the wife first. But she's pretty good at letting me play a new game at night, after I get my stuff done around the house. :(

backflip10019 said:
Dude, sleep. Gears will be there when you wake up.

Ignore this advice. You only live once and right now is the best time to play Gears3 online. The community will shrink once the MW3/BF3 come out.

Lima

_dementia said:
I think you have an addiction :(

Well thing is I'm from Germany. So when I get home from uni I play with my German/UK friends. When they go to bed the US guys come online and I want to play with them too.

Fucking timezones. Feels bad man.

Lima said:
Well thing is I'm from Germany. So when I get home from uni I play with my German/UK friends. When they go to bed the US guys come online and I want to play with them too.

Fucking timezones. Feels bad man.

Same, Add StalkerUKCG if you want someone who will keep you company all night long. Same goes to any of gearsGAF.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
LosDaddie said:

Insane isn't even that hard. I'm on Act 4 and I've been playing by myself with no mutators.

I've mostly die because the camera goes wonky and I get hit in the back or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom