• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

MjFrancis

K' Dash said:
Dude, Horde is the best, so much fun with friends, Join me if you get on tonight!
I'll be looking out for you, then! What I've seen so far has been glorious. Horde 2.0 is more than apt to describe it.

K' Dash

TRios Zen said:
The Fast Food gods must have recognized my devotion to them by rewarding me with the Green Liquid Metal skins on the first large drink I bought. Cool.

Not at home though, anyone know what they look like?

I'll tell you if you let me redeem it :p

Addnan

We just played horde with Pinata enabled. We all kept following each other trying to steal each others money. It was fun.

TRios Zen

Mikasangelos said:
really good. IM JELLY.

I go to JITB about 2-3 times a month for lunch; don't normally up-size my orders, but as long as this contest is on, I'll do so for the Gears Gaf-ers and share any other skins I luck into.

Addnan

TRios Zen said:
I go to JITB about 2-3 times a month for lunch; don't normally up-size my orders, but as long as this contest is on, I'll do so for the Gears Gaf-ers and share any other skins I luck into.
Awesome.

Save me one ;), no 'jitb' in my country :(

Palmer_v1

If nothing else, the damned special skins are definitely shitting up the thread. So much code begging and other related spam that has very little to do with the actual game. Really wish this thread was purely about gameplay, and we had a different barbie dress up thread for the people who care about weapon skins.

Dug

Banned
Palmer_v1 said:
If nothing else, the damned special skins are definitely shitting up the thread. So much code begging and other related spam that has very little to do with the actual game. Really wish this thread was purely about gameplay, and we had a different barbie dress up thread for the people who care about weapon skins.
You should see the official Gears of War 3 forums...yikes.

TRios Zen said:

Dude ill have one please, dying to get one and no jitb here.

zlatko

Banned
-Yeti said:
Oh yeah sure! Here you go:

TRYH4-RD3RN-3XTT1-M3BR0-M4NG0

thumbsupgif.gif

MinionBE

Maybe a stupid question but couldn't find it anywhere: when playing horde in split screen, is there a way to save you progress and cash?

mernst23

Thanks Epic, in Gears 2 you netted me 25 bucks from some poor sap who wanted a golden hammerburst, and now in gears 3 i'm going to get another $25 bucks from a poor sap who wants a savage kantus.

Hell, Gears 2 Golden Hammerbursts are going for double the price of the game on ebay today.

TRios Zen

zlatko said:
Chainsawing them always makes me feel good. I show them what getting sawn off REALLY looks like. :)

The only time I don't mind dying to the SOS, is when I gibbed them with my gnasher before dying. Something satisfying about pulling that shot off. I also have a 3 strike rule... I get killed by the SOS three times, and I pull mine out. I'm not "great" with it, but I can hold my own with that wide cone of death.

Plasmid

AlmostMilk said:
There is a fix for that. Play against bots in private matches.

Ehh. i'm 1859 Kills / 908 Deaths, so 2.0 isn't bad really.

PXG i was watching a kickass end to a game when you invited em, tried to join, told me i couldn't.

zlatko

Banned
_dementia said:
Horde mode really pads your K/D ratio too.

Only for the pointless stat you can see. If someone looks up your K/D on leaderboards they only see it for that game type, and you can't pad that for ranked. Well... unless you played with 4 friends who let you take ALL their downs or some weird shit.

So for me the only K/D I care about at the moment is my K/D for Ranked TDM since that's all I'm playing until Execution goes back to 5 rounds. 3 isn't enough to figure out how the other team will operate, and if they are all SOS campers then you have far less wiggle room in execution if you can't claim a power weapon fast for your team.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
_dementia said:
Well it that case it's only a matter of time, good luck dmg04!
Lol, i actually already got 3 [Gave 2 to gaffers]
was hoping to get more for you guys today but no luck

<3

see5harp

O yea you were the one who won 3 out of 4 on the first shot, making it seem like the code was like the default prize. That is definitely not how it worked for me. The guy behind me in line got a code for skins on his cup though so maybe it's like 2/5 or something.

TRios Zen

see5harp said:
O yea you were the one who won 3 out of 4 on the first shot, making it seem like the code was like the default prize. That is definitely not how it worked for me. The guy behind me in line got a code for skins on his cup though so maybe it's like 2/5 or something.

Hmmm, I hit one out of one earlier today, so feeling even more lucky now. Maybe I should play the lottery tonight...

I hope they find more ways to give away stuff like this. I understand Epic wanting to monetize this game the best they can, but damn if it hasn't been one overpriced thing after another, since launch.

Come on Epic, throw some goodwill at your fan base!

Ballistik

TRios Zen said:
Hmmm, I hit one out of one earlier today, so feeling even more lucky now. Maybe I should play the lottery tonight...

I hope they find more ways to give away stuff like this. I understand Epic wanting to monetize this game the best they can, but damn if it hasn't been one overpriced thing after another, since launch.

Come on Epic, throw some goodwill at your fan base!

ONE free thing, all we ask for. :(

Raxus

I had Warzone running all night. I have to be close to getting a few more Onyx's. I have 4 so far. Just AFKing other gametypes will earn me several more and I am on the cusp to getting onyx on all my beast mode medals (except for here comes the heavies, gonna have to boost for that sadly).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom