• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

sajj316

AndyMoogle said:
Huh? There are usually around 100k people playing Versus at one time. That's not a lot. Black Ops probably has over 1 million people playing.

It's sad to see how few people in Europe are playing this game. Last night it was less than 10k. I can't see Epic being satisfied with such low numbers.

That number is far too low for something that sold 3 million in a week. Is that number filtered to only those within your region (if that exists)?

bs000

See You Next Wednesday said:
Almost made to to level 50 last night with a bunch of randoms as well, but on the 49th wave, a few Armored Kantus fucked us up really bad.
What sucked was that there were no incendiary grenade or scorchers anywhere on the map to buy.

We had a fully healed Silverback & two turrets in the Stadium upper part, but when those fuckers got to use, all those bullets just bounced off them & they killed us before we could make a dent in them.

Isn't there a little room under the downed raven with incendiary and frag grenades? And isn't there a digger/torque bow in the center of the map?

zlatko

Banned
This game is a straight up fucking joke.

Host just went 30 and 9 using sawed off and hburst, as he camped the entire mother fucking game. His K/d is 1.4... shows just how much fucking worse hosting in this game is compared to Gears 2. 3 shot down hbursts full map, 20 foot long range insta kill when you have host on the sawed off, fuck that.

Game is unplayable for me off of dedi's. Any ETA when they are up? This is starting to be ridiculous that whenever I want a game session when I have the time, they are never up. :/

K' Dash

See You Next Wednesday said:
Almost made to to level 50 last night with a bunch of randoms as well, but on the 49th wave, a few Armored Kantus fucked us up really bad.
What sucked was that there were no incendiary grenade or scorchers anywhere on the map to buy.

Armored kantus are easy to neutralize, when I get them I just go and buy frag grenades and tag them, you need only 1 tag to kill them, you just need someone to distract the bastard while you shove the frag thru his ass.

-Yeti said:
Indeed. I've only gotten it once, but it was awesome. It only stood in one corner the entire time though.

Let me guess, he stood by the corner nex to the cave with the ammo box?

sajj316 said:
That number is far too low for something that sold 3 million in a week. Is that number filtered to only those within your region (if that exists)?

It says both numbers, worldwide and local, yeah it's pretty low, I'll count the total playing all the modes tonight, just for kicks.

Plasmid

Gonna start runing through Beast Onyx medals, going for motivator (Heal with Kantus) right now, which will get me a shit load of assists & cash, i should have at least motivator today considerring each playthrough is 150~ heals.

zlatko

Banned
Looking for Gaffers with 2.0K/D + in the USA to play with. I'm in the central zone in Nebraska. TDM Ranked is what we'll be playing. Headsets not required, but preferred.

sajj316 said:
The game definitely doesn't show too low numbers. According to the game there were around 90 people in Europe playing Capture the Leader (both ranked and public) last night. It didn't take more than 2 matches before all other players had left and no one else would ever join.

There aren't many people playing this game in Europe, and it really shows. TDM is pretty much the only mode you can play here, unless you enjoy playing against bots. The worst part is that BF3 and MW3 aren't even out yet.

Barely any players and the extremely shitty map rotation really sucks ass. I think we'll just have to move to ranked games soon. A lot of time will be wasted on matchmaking, but at least every game will be filled with players.

LosDaddie said:
It's kinda funny how if you're playing co-op Campaign with someone on a higher difficulty than you, the AI targets them first. :lol

Happened 2 night ago with Mikas and last night with Zyz. They were both on Insane and I (and K Dash) on Hardcore and damn, the AI went after them with the quickness. I'm going spend time unlocking the mutators this weekend.

Thanks for joining me last night, K Dash & Zyz! :)

That was fun last night. I am glad we figured out why I seemed to be dieing so easily compared to you and K-Dash (other than my own general lack of ability!).

see5harp

zlatko said:
This game is a straight up fucking joke.

Host just went 30 and 9 using sawed off and hburst, as he camped the entire mother fucking game. His K/d is 1.4... shows just how much fucking worse hosting in this game is compared to Gears 2. 3 shot down hbursts full map, 20 foot long range insta kill when you have host on the sawed off, fuck that.

Game is unplayable for me off of dedi's. Any ETA when they are up? This is starting to be ridiculous that whenever I want a game session when I have the time, they are never up. :/

The main issue I have is that the gnasher is much less useful without those dedis. What used to be guaranteed kills now just let the unaware know that you are behind them. Moves you used to be able to pull off to either escape or rush down an opponent no longer work as you get stuck on cover and button inputs do not register in the same manner. Seriously trying not to spam Rod's twitter with hate at this moment. Game went from my MP GOTY to biggest disappointment in a single night.

Lima

AndyMoogle said:
According to the game there were around 90 people in Europe playing Capture the Leader (both ranked and public) last night.

Region means your country. They get this info from your IP address.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
zlatko said:
Looking for Gaffers with 2.0K/D + in the USA to play with. I'm in the central zone in Nebraska. TDM Ranked is what we'll be playing. Headsets not required, but preferred.
I'm on gaf tag # 1 (sB Arcade)

Invite if you like

K' Dash

LosDaddie said:
It's kinda funny how if you're playing co-op Campaign with someone on a higher difficulty than you, the AI targets them first. :lol

Happened 2 night ago with Mikas and last night with Zyz. They were both on Insane and I (and K Dash) on Hardcore and damn, the AI went after them with the quickness. I'm going spend time unlocking the mutators this weekend.

Thanks for joining me last night, K Dash & Zyz! :)

Hey, good times last night, we're getting close to the end, were like 65% done

~ Zyzomys ~ said:
That was fun last night. I am glad we figured out why I seemed to be dieing so easily compared to you and K-Dash (other than my own general lack of ability!).

Nice Horde Zy, had a lot of fun, we should try normal without the mutators on gridlock, you know, for challenge, lol.

Or maybe an insane run with mutators, anyway, I'll be on tonight guys
3AQmK.gif

Just played a KOTH match with Seth Balmore in which we only used the smoke grenade tag, the gnasher and the pistols.

We played versus SOS noobs, did over 9000 points and won. Most important we laughed our asses off. :D

They were afraid to get closer to us hahaha, they backed away when they saw us with our almighty smoke grenade :)

Also 13 and 12 captures. WTF

Plasmid

Already on silver motivator medal, 350 more for Gold, then onyx is only another 350 away after that, it's a really easy medal, probably takes 6-7 Full games if not that, depends on if other people on your team are doing kantus too.

Also i read that they're changing the vengeful medal? That's great because i've yet get one.

zlatko

Banned
-PXG- said:
I'm on the first three. My name should be pretty obvious.

I'm on none of them and it isn't as obvious as you think due to Xbox being case sensitive and all that. ;)

My GT is Outlaw Slevin. Sending invites out.

zlatko said:
I'm on none of them and it isn't as obvious as you think due to Xbox being case sensitive and all that. ;)

My GT is Outlaw Slevin. Sending invites out.
Are you sure about that? It should ignore spaces too IIRC.

zlatko

Banned
_dementia said:
Are you sure about that? It should ignore spaces too IIRC.

Well I sent a FR to PXG, and it came back with PxG. Not sure if it's the same. :p

Edit: Can't be the same since this one has 0 gamerscore and the Xbox logo as a gamer pic.

-PXG-

I just love it when my mantle kicks don't work. It's so awesome when my character will go half way over and then roll backwards. Fuck great.

zlatko said:
Well I sent a FR to PXG, and it came back with PxG. Not sure if it's the same. :p

Edit: Can't be the same since this one has 0 gamerscore and the Xbox logo as a gamer pic.

I've never changed my gamertag.

zlatko

Banned
ZROCOOL said:
I'm on gaf tag # 1 (sB Arcade)

Invite if you like

Invited and FRed. Says you are offline.

Edit: @ PXG... what is it? Your Gaf profile doesn't have it, and I can't use - in the Add a Friend.

SpacLock

zlatko said:

I'm also looking for this, but for KOTH. There's only 3 of us right now and we're still 210-10 win loss. I'm not anal about K/D as long as you're a team player. I've had good luck playing with Gaffers in the past, but I've found that most don't care for KOTH so they move on to other groups when they find out that's all we play.

zlatko

Banned
SpacLock said:
I'm also looking for this, but for KOTH. There's only 3 of us right now and we're still 210-10 win loss. I'm not anal about K/D as long as you're a team player. I've had good luck playing with Gaffers in the past, but I've found that most don't care for KOTH so they move on to other groups when they find out that's all we play.

I'm cool with joining this I suppose even though KOTH rubs me the wrong way with a lot of SOS players on the opposing team. Send an invite to Outlaw Slevin.

I suppose PXG will want in too, so send him one at PXG 360.

Lima said:
Region means your country. They get this info from your IP address.
Are you sure about that? I rarely get to play with anyone from Sweden.

When I say rarely, I mean never.

Also, 90 people would seem correct since no one joined during the 6 matches we played against bots. It's very common that basically no one is playing after 12AM. I can assure you that doesn't happen with CoD.

SpacLock

zlatko said:
I'm cool with joining this I suppose even though KOTH rubs me the wrong way with a lot of SOS players on the opposing team. Send an invite to Outlaw Slevin.

I suppose PXG will want in too, so send him one at PXG 360.

Sounds good. We'll be on around 6:30pm EST.

SpacLock said:

Send KoolAidShoto a FR as well

I'm down for TDM as well, zlatko

Miggytronz

-Yeti said:
So I'm thinking that it would be fun to try and grind for some mutators tonight. Who's with me?

Exactly what ima do. I already got Insta Gib and Unlimited Ammo, just need Super Reload now.

zlatko

Banned
Good games PXG...sorta. Sorry our last game was just an absolute shit storm of awful. :/

You know the game is unplayable when a guy going to pick up his team mate 10 feet in front of you is sitting 100% still, gets hit with a torque bow, and doesn't die.

Shout outs to kill jackers too. -.-

DRE Fei

I have 2 green skin codes if people want them. If people out there have other codes you don't need, we can trade. Honestly, a mechanic baird or something is way better than these dumb skins.

LosDaddie

Banned
DRE Fei said:
I have 2 green skin codes if people want them. If people out there have other codes you don't need, we can trade. Honestly, a mechanic baird or something is way better than these dumb skins.

I can only offer my eternal gratefullness for one of those codes :)

zlatko

Banned
DRE Fei said:

I want one.

I have a L.A Noire PS3 DLC Car Consul's code to trade, or Team Fortress 2 items.

PM me if interested. :)

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
DRE Fei said:

I'll trade you for the contents of this mystery box?

Wn2dn.png

spoiler: it's empty

Miggytronz

DRE Fei said:

GAHH!HH!!!!!

Addnan

DRE Fei said:
I have a months gold, if you want.

Plasmid

VaLiancY said:
I gave up looking at my counter. It's the biggest motivator/"Fuck off, you're not getting this anytime soon"

Eh, it's only taken me about a hour and a half to get those 1000, it's not hard it's just tedious.

VaLiancY said:
I gave up looking at my counter. It's the biggest motivator/"Fuck off, you're not getting this anytime soon"

I actually wish there was a way to put up a little medal progress bar on the screen while you play; or if those were viewable in the pause menu or something. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom