• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Yeti said:
So I'm thinking that it would be fun to try and grind for some mutators tonight. Who's with me?
I would, but I won't be around tonight. Friend me anyway if you wanna play some other time. That goes same for anyone else in this thread. I'm pretty good.

GT: backflip10019

zlatko

Banned
Add Mercy to the shit tier maps.

Just wasted over 20 minutes of my fucking life because the other team LITERALLY spent the entire game inside the church camped up. There was no way to break them, and luckily my team was smart enough that we just stopped going in... but they never came out. Once. Ever. We got lucky on the grenade round with a couple of good tosses to make some be stuck outside and we just kept working on them to take the lead, but the fire nades rounds we had no chance.

100% impossible to break them. No matter what we tried. 5 sawed offs with retros in there, and one had a power weapon/digger boom. We lost at the end even though it was tied, because my team mates in the last 10 seconds thought it'd be wise to rush.

If this is the vision/future of this game, then count me the fuck out. I'd rather watch paint dry, because that is essentially what happened that game. None of them would even come out to pop around for one shot to hit, and if I tried to move the mortar up I'd get gunned down in a heart beat from people poking out fast.

This by far and large the shittest day of Gears 3 for me since its launch. :/

Apdiddy

zlatko said:

Just wasted over 20 minutes of my fucking life because the other team LITERALLY spent the entire game inside the church camped up. There was no way to break them, and luckily my team was smart enough that we just stopped going in... but they never came out. Once. Ever. We got lucky on the grenade round with a couple of good tosses to make some be stuck outside and we just kept working on them to take the lead, but the fire nades rounds we had no chance.

100% impossible to break them. No matter what we tried. 5 sawed offs with retros in there, and one had a power weapon/digger boom. We lost at the end even though it was tied, because my team mates in the last 10 seconds thought it'd be wise to rush.

If this is the vision/future of this game, then count me the fuck out. I'd rather watch paint dry, because that is essentially what happened that game. None of them would even come out to pop around for one shot to hit, and if I tried to move the mortar up I'd get gunned down in a heart beat from people poking out fast.

I've been on the other side of that where everyone on my team camped inside the church on Mercy. My team won, but I thought doing that was completely stupid. I would rush out from the church, get killed, wash rinse repeat.

Either that or a team camps the archway and makes it rain with mortars, diggers or sniper rifles.

multiplayer is really annoying without good ping, god damn people who just walk about and shotgun everyone because they are host, keep getting teleported into cover too if I try and move too fast around.

at least horde and beast play alright right now.

zlatko said:

Jesus Christ...I would just stop playing this game for awhile after something like that

tsigo

In Horde on Mercy the front of the church in front of the grenade spawn is open. They should just leave it that way for Versus.

zlatko

Banned
backflip10019 said:
There's a lot of negativity going around in this thread right now. Hugs dudes, hugs.

It's just some poor luck on my end, but it's a common theme for me to be matched up with awful people like I described. The shittiest players I have encountered are the ones who live in the central USA. East/West coast tend to be much better, but people in the middle are the absolute bottom feeders of Xbox live.

I could be playing Rage, but I want to get back up to 2.0K/D since I dropped thanks to my excellent adventures today. Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to do it playing solo against randoms when dedi's are down. ; ;

DRE Fei said:
I have 2 green skin codes if people want them. If people out there have other codes you don't need, we can trade. Honestly, a mechanic baird or something is way better than these dumb skins.
Halo reach recon armor code? 15 dollars off anything on Dell.com coupon, or maybe a 48 hour gold card

Called that shit.

njean777

Diablohead said:
multiplayer is really annoying without good ping, god damn people who just walk about and shotgun everyone because they are host, keep getting teleported into cover too if I try and move too fast around.

at least horde and beast play alright right now.

I don't think there is any host advantage, since the servers are dedicated...

zlatko said:

Jesus, you're telling me Epic didn't bother to keep the roof over the church open so people could mortar people in there?

I guess the only counter is to plant smoke and fire/ink nades at the two doors to the place, trap the fuckers in there, and then try and whittle them down by shooting through the gate in the middle.

Still idiotic.

The Antitype said:
Jesus, you're telling me Epic didn't bother to keep the roof over the church open so people could mortar people in there?

The roof is open. But two problems:

1. Mortar doesn't spawn every round.

2. In the words of arCtyC, "It's not hard to dodge mortars".

-PXG-

The Antitype said:

I guess the only counter is to plant smoke and fire/ink nades at the two doors to the place, trap the fuckers in there, and then try and whittle them down by shooting through the gate in the middle.

Still idiotic.

The church has a hole in the roof, but the mortar can't reach it, unless you move it and walk it down the stairs, thus making yourself open to fire :/

The Xtortionist said:

There are 5 people on the team. The other 4 should be shooting at the dudes who are avoiding the mortar.
-PXG- said:
The church has a hole in the roof, but the mortar can't reach it, unless you move it and walk it down the stairs, thus making yourself open to fire :/
So, then the people shooting from inside the church should be fairly easy targets if they are aiming for the guy walking with the mortar.

Robot Pants

The Antitype said:

Still idiotic.

No the roof is open but it's a hard target to hit.
Maybe the gates should open after a few minutes? That might be unfair also though. It would make getting the Mortar essential since there is no cover from it besides the church and that small building on the side.

ANYHOW, what's with the kill stealing in Beast? I mean good GOD that shit is rampant. Whatever, that mode is pretty boring, but I'd like to beat it on Insane without failing if anyone else is down.

GT: PHANT0M LIMBS

:( Seriously. I wish I could fly you guys some of my perfectly smooth shit. I'm Lvl. 43 or something and in all that time, I've had only one prolonged session in which there was lag/no games could be found - all in TDM. On top of that, I'm very partial to a rage-quit here and there and it takes me no more than 6 seconds to get into another trouble-free, dedi-facilitated game.

I'm sorry, but Idon'tknowthatfeelbro.jpg

The Xtortionist said:

Also the mortar won't reach from where it spawns, you have to move up with it, which takes forever cuz your so slow and your out in the open.

zlatko

Banned
The Antitype said:

Still idiotic.

There is a gap in the front on the roof, but the problem is you only get into the front gate area if you shoot from where the mortar pops. This forces you to move up with it, and at this point you are easy pickings for them from inside.

Trapping them in there isn't it man. They didn't ever leave. I'm not over exaggerating or anything, they literally all spawned, ran in, sat in there. GG.

They kept to the corner areas so that throwing anything in was impossible too. If the digger/boom guy saw you trying to throw anything you are dead. I only managed to get 2 of them thanks to double chucking nades at once so they both blow up at once. At this point we were able to win a round by getting these 2 guys who kept spawning. At no point did the 3 left inside try to come out either. The 2 kept trying to get back in, but no luck.

Super stupid.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I gotta say, I love this game! I was never a big fan of the last gears but this one has been a ton more fun ! I do however feel like the game puts me on the same 3 maps everytime. How many TD maps are there?

tsigo

Ok I've done it a few times now on different difficulties and with different numbers of people, and I'm convinced the final boss fight is one of the worst boss fights ever made.

Robot Pants

zlatko said:
There is a gap in the front on the roof, but the problem is you only get into the front gate area if you shoot from where the mortar pops. This forces you to move up with it, and at this point you are easy pickings for them from inside.

Trapping them in there isn't it man. They didn't ever leave. I'm not over exaggerating or anything, they literally all spawned, ran in, sat in there. GG.

They kept to the corner areas so that throwing anything in was impossible too. If the digger/boom guy saw you trying to throw anything you are dead. I only managed to get 2 of them thanks to double chucking nades at once so they both blow up at once. At this point we were able to win a round by getting these 2 guys who kept spawning. At no point did the 3 left inside try to come out either. The 2 kept trying to get back in, but no luck.

Super stupid.

Sounds like the new Pavilion. What a god awful map/idea.

minx

SpacLock said:
I'm also looking for this, but for KOTH. There's only 3 of us right now and we're still 210-10 win loss. I'm not anal about K/D as long as you're a team player. I've had good luck playing with Gaffers in the past, but I've found that most don't care for KOTH so they move on to other groups when they find out that's all we play.
I'm down for some KOTH. Would be nice to be with some team players. I go for the hill and give a lot of supressing fire with dat active lancer. Invite Minx88.

Edit: on now

Robot Pants

Lingitiz said:
Just got killed by SOS through a wall. Fuck that shit.
Man, I really wish I was recording my matches last night. This exact same thing happened to me. All the SOS moments were mindblowing. I wish I could have edited it and sent it as a reel to EPIC.
Also, I guess Rod Ferguson said they are looking into the SOS and seeing if it doing what they intended it to do. If not, they will change it.

http://www.twitch.tv/epicgamesinc/b/296763512
38:00

There seems to be a fair bit of lag today. I've seen people roll and get stuck halfway up a wall, and I've been downed from ungodly distances with gnashers

see5harp

Plasmid said:
The fucking servers have to be down.

I've gotten 2 pieced 4 times this match.

Servers were down all night yesterday, well before the planned "2 AM pacific." Epic is a bunch of lying assholes.

zlatko

Banned
Plasmid said:
The fucking servers have to be down.

I've gotten 2 pieced 4 times this match.

Oh no no no don't you DARE question EPIC and their employees.

To top my day of, here is story time kiddies.

I get into a game where an EPIC employee is in. His team wins with the host on their team going something like 22 and 4. The employee goes like 3 and 8.

After the game I send a message with a couple of fucks sprinkled around asking why they can amass all this money from skin DLC, season passes, and the future on disc DLC and not spend some of that money on more dedicated servers to keep them up all the time. I also added p.s. fuck you for that SOS being a broken piece of shit.

I get a message back from the guy calling me a retard and threatening to ban me from the game forever for cursing at him, and he said the dedi's are up.

I message him back and tell him cool story bro, but Rod even tweeted that they are down, so maybe you should chat up with him since you work with him. He retorts back saying sorry they came down one time 3 weeks after launch because we don't have enough for how many bought the game, and then told me if I hate it so much to just go sell it.

Class acts over at EPIC. My final reply was just saying he is a great representation of EPIC, and told him that dedi's for me haven't worked more than probably 72 hours total of my playtime since launch.

:/ I'm not saying me popping off on him in my first message was the coolest shit to do, but this entire day has been feces mountain on this game.

Edit: Wow he sent me another. This one calling me a faaaaaaag. Seriously? Seriously? This is an EPIC employee? Am I being fucking trolled? Please tell me this guy just modded his 360 and this isn't a real EPIC employee.

zlatko said:
To top my day of, here is story time kiddies.

I've never seen such childish moderation, both in the game and in the forums. They can ban you (from the game) over twitter messages, over youtube videos, over OPINIONS. And the forums have like 2983293 threads closed or deleted every day the very second they are not about HOW GREAT EPIC IS.

zlatko

Banned
Okay thank God I was just getting trolled. It was someone with a modded 360.

Please fucking report the douchebag Seacrust. That's the 3rd person today with modded shit I ran into. Two earlier were playing as Onyx Guards. :/

Lima

zlatko said:
Edit: Wow he sent me another. This one calling me a faaaaaaag. Seriously? Seriously? This is an EPIC employee? Am I being fucking trolled? Please tell me this guy just modded his 360 and this isn't a real EPIC employee.

Yeah I can tell you that. It is super easy to do and the weapon skin they use is on the disc and can be unlocked by various tools.

Save the message and report him over Live.

Btw you don't even need to mod your 360 to do this. A simple USB drive and an app on your pc can get you this stuff.

Grisby

That Epic employee should have had some class and just ignored you or answer your dedicated server question and walk away. But man from the tone of your message you instigated that retort.

edit- Ah, a modded Xbox guy, makes more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom