• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasmid

1500 Kantus revives.

tumblr_loaxnh3Umt1qcnsh2o1_400.gif

Kyle549

zlatko said:
Oh no no no don't you DARE question EPIC and their employees.

To top my day of, here is story time kiddies.

After the game I send a message with a couple of fucks sprinkled around asking why they can amass all this money from skin DLC, season passes, and the future on disc DLC and not spend some of that money on more dedicated servers to keep them up all the time. I also added p.s. fuck you for that SOS being a broken piece of shit.

<>

Class acts over at EPIC. My final reply was just saying he is a great representation of EPIC, and told him that dedi's for me haven't worked more than probably 72 hours total of my playtime since launch. .

You send this guy a message laced with expletives and you expect a courteous response? Come on. What did you expect?

see5harp

I'm not at the point of yelling at Epic employees but the game truly is as shitty as Gears 2 without the dedis. Last night was the first time I can truly say it felt horrible. I was getting pissed over the weekend over a few hiccups with mantle kicks and roadie runs but that was nothing compared to how bad the game was yesterday.

Plasmid

zlatko said:
Edit: Wow he sent me another. This one calling me a faaaaaaag. Seriously? Seriously? This is an EPIC employee? Am I being fucking trolled? Please tell me this guy just modded his 360 and this isn't a real EPIC employee.

Probably, it's becoming common, saw a few people earlier today with the epic shit, and they were acting like pure assholes.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
_dementia said:
Thanks much, I might take you up on that.
Yeah if anyone needs Lambency I could help too.

LeonSKennedy90 said:
ask Enzo, that dude stays on that mode.

lol he's on right now
Only because it's quick!

Anyone else wanna get in on this Beast on Insane? I've already done it, I'm just finally free from school for a bit so I'm willing to give a helping hand.

Google Horizon or Modio. It's super easy to mod.

If Epic actually wants anybody to buy that shit that's on the disk, they better put it out sooner than planned, cause by the time November hits, anybody with an internet connection and a USB stick will have figured it out.

Lingitiz

Diablohead said:
welcome to gears lag, on his screen he shot when you were visible, on your screen you made cover then died.

Happens all the time :/
I've been dealing for this shit for a long time with Gears 1+2 and trust me, when Gears 3 has lag its truly some of the worst i've seen thanks to the SOS.

Lima

SpacLock said:
I'm also looking for this, but for KOTH. There's only 3 of us right now and we're still 210-10 win loss. I'm not anal about K/D as long as you're a team player. I've had good luck playing with Gaffers in the past, but I've found that most don't care for KOTH so they move on to other groups when they find out that's all we play.

Send a fr to Revolver Ned. I'm always looking for players that care about the team.

SpacLock said:
I'm also looking for this, but for KOTH. There's only 3 of us right now and we're still 210-10 win loss. I'm not anal about K/D as long as you're a team player. I've had good luck playing with Gaffers in the past, but I've found that most don't care for KOTH so they move on to other groups when they find out that's all we play.

Send a FR to violentBREED.

Always looking for full teams of people that talk and actually FIGHT FOR THE FUCKING HILL. (Crazy idea, I know). ;)

feel

zlatko said:

I get into a game where an EPIC employee is in. His team wins with the host on their team going something like 22 and 4. The employee goes like 3 and 8.

After the game I send a message with a couple of fucks sprinkled around asking why they can amass all this money from skin DLC, season passes, and the future on disc DLC and not spend some of that money on more dedicated servers to keep them up all the time. I also added p.s. fuck you for that SOS being a broken piece of shit.

I get a message back from the guy calling me a retard and threatening to ban me from the game forever for cursing at him, and he said the dedi's are up.

I message him back and tell him cool story bro, but Rod even tweeted that they are down, so maybe you should chat up with him since you work with him. He retorts back saying sorry they came down one time 3 weeks after launch because we don't have enough for how many bought the game, and then told me if I hate it so much to just go sell it.

Class acts over at EPIC. My final reply was just saying he is a great representation of EPIC, and told him that dedi's for me haven't worked more than probably 72 hours total of my playtime since launch.

:/ I'm not saying me popping off on him in my first message was the coolest shit to do, but this entire day has been feces mountain on this game.

Edit: Wow he sent me another. This one calling me a faaaaaaag. Seriously? Seriously? This is an EPIC employee? Am I being fucking trolled? Please tell me this guy just modded his 360 and this isn't a real EPIC employee.
Is this real life?

zlatko said:

I get into a game where an EPIC employee is in. His team wins with the host on their team going something like 22 and 4. The employee goes like 3 and 8.

I get a message back from the guy calling me a retard and threatening to ban me from the game forever for cursing at him, and he said the dedi's are up.

I message him back and tell him cool story bro, but Rod even tweeted that they are down, so maybe you should chat up with him since you work with him. He retorts back saying sorry they came down one time 3 weeks after launch because we don't have enough for how many bought the game, and then told me if I hate it so much to just go sell it.

Class acts over at EPIC. My final reply was just saying he is a great representation of EPIC, and told him that dedi's for me haven't worked more than probably 72 hours total of my playtime since launch.

:/ I'm not saying me popping off on him in my first message was the coolest shit to do, but this entire day has been feces mountain on this game.

I doubt starting off with an angry message telling him "fuck you" would have worked even if it was a real Epic employee.

mbmonk

Last question on Gears... So I can't move the Roady Run button from "A" to a bumper or trigger? I always have to stop aiming in order to go in and out of cover?

1-50 horde on hardcore, went up from a 34 to a 36 ( pretty close to a 37)

The majority of ranks iv earned have been offline. I played some TDM earlier and it was plagued with angry SOS users crying when i got just 1 kill on them with the gnasher.

Bots are a joke in this game aswell. Id rather be playing without them in all honesty they just run out and die. SOS needs a range tweak to make it smaller but other than that im pretty fine with it.

Enjoying unlocking everything actually. Some ribbons seem incredibly hard to get so i dont think ill ever get seriously 3.0.

Have to say however this game is infinitely more playable than GoW1 or 2, even thought i still loved them both beast+horde+arcade+objective and deathmatch game modes mean im never short of something to do and im always earning XP no matter how little.

Ill admit im bitter about the on disc dlc scenario but its hard to stay bitter with the content we have unlocked. That being said skins could of been high tier rewards (one set for each onyx medal?) and the paid skin pack could of been a type earlier unlock deal.

The locked characters feel like they should be unlockable and having the maps on my disc right now is a bit of a kick in the teeth. Locked horde content feels a bit of a scam aswell.

I got the season pass, after buying the retro lancer replica and the epic edition because i actually think epic deserve my small reward for such a full game, the only thing that comes close in terms of content is an rpg or Halo reach.

Fallacy

Neo Member
mbmonk said:
Last question on Gears... So I can't move the Roady Run button from "A" to a bumper or trigger? I always have to stop aiming in order to go in and out of cover?
No, if you play alternate like me roadie run is x but cover is still a.

mbmonk said:
Pulling back on the left stick moves you out of cover.

StalkerUKCG said:
1-50 horde on hardcore, went up from a 34 to a 36 ( pretty close to a 37)

The majority of ranks iv earned have been offline. I played some TDM earlier and it was plagued with angry SOS users crying when i got just 1 kill on them with the gnasher.

Bots are a joke in this game aswell. Id rather be playing without them in all honesty they just run out and die. SOS needs a range tweak to make it smaller but other than that im pretty fine with it.

Enjoying unlocking everything actually. Some ribbons seem incredibly hard to get so i dont think ill ever get seriously 3.0.

Have to say however this game is infinitely more playable than GoW1 or 2, even thought i still loved them both beast+horde+arcade+objective and deathmatch game modes mean im never short of something to do and im always earning XP no matter how little.

Ill admit im bitter about the on disc dlc scenario but its hard to stay bitter with the content we have unlocked. That being said skins could of been high tier rewards (one set for each onyx medal?) and the paid skin pack could of been a type earlier unlock deal.

The locked characters feel like they should be unlockable and having the maps on my disc right now is a bit of a kick in the teeth. Locked horde content feels a bit of a scam aswell.

I got the season pass, after buying the retro lancer replica and the epic edition because i actually think epic deserve my small reward for such a full game, the only thing that comes close in terms of content is an rpg or Halo reach.

You played Horde on Hardcore to lvl 50 without any mutators? That's impressive.

mbmonk

Thanks for the replies.

Pretty weird. The run/cover button is used much more frequently than the function that is currenltly bound to the left bumper. Why not switch the two or at least give the user the option? Put the most used functions in the easiest place for the user. What is this "balance by crippling controls"?

I read you can buy the "onza" controller and then remap the buttons on it. I don't think I am going to sink more money into this pit in order to get some enjoyment out of it.

Lima

mbmonk said:
Thanks for the replies.

Pretty weird. The run/cover button is used much more frequently than the function that is currenltly bound to the left bumper. Why not switch the two or at least give the user the option? Put the most used functions in the easiest place for the user. What is this "balance by crippling controls"?

I read you can buy the "onza" controller and then remap the buttons on it. I don't think I am going to sink more money into this pit in order to get some enjoyment.

If you are playing with a team or just playing the one spawn only gametypes you will use LB a lot. You can also see people through smoke if you press LB.

Also it helps if you forget what power weapon spawns each round.

mbmonk

Lima said:
If you are playing with a team or just playing the one spawn only gametypes you will use LB a lot. You can also see people through smoke if you press LB.

Also it helps if you forget what power weapon spawns each round.

I understand. I am not saying get rid of the LB function, just let me switch it to something I use more frequently. Oh well I will just sell the game, no big deal.

-PXG-

I ran into quite a few modders today. At least it's all cosmetic. Oh well. It will be a matter of time until they're banned from the game forever.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It has become apparent to me that annoyance with the SOS is directly proportional to the amount of time you play. Level 100 must be videogame-induced-suicide by my calculations.

-PXG-

enzo_gt said:
It has become apparent to me that annoyance with the SOS is directly proportional to the amount of time you play. Level 100 must be videogame-induced-suicide by my calculations.
Yep. I almost smashed my controller against my desk today. I never get that angry at games either.

zlatko

Banned
Kyle549 said:
You send this guy a message laced with expletives and you expect a courteous response? Come on. What did you expect?

Like I was saying I mean I get I was popping off, but at the same time a real EPIC employee would have either ignored it or stuck to simpler ways to tell me off.

Sort of ridiculous how easy it is to get all these things unlocked though and pose as an EPIC employee. That shit is fucked up and definitely deserves to get you banned.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
-PXG- said:
Yep. I almost smashed my controller against my desk today. I never get that angry at games either.
I don't blame you for wanting a break from the game.

Gears versus is only good in small doses for me. Co-op I can play forever.

Also I played on non-dedicated servers for the first time and it was just... one of the worst multiplayer experiences I've had in recent memory. Because it reminded me of Gears 2 MP. Seriously, how did you people play through this shit? Every map feels like an earthquake is going on fucking up all your cover moments.

zlatko

Banned
enzo_gt said:
I don't blame you for wanting a break from the game.

Gears versus is only good in small doses for me. Co-op I can play forever.

Also I played on non-dedicated servers for the first time and it was just... one of the worst multiplayer experiences I've had in recent memory. Because it reminded me of Gears 2 MP. Seriously, how did you people play through this shit? Every map feels like an earthquake is going on fucking up all your cover moments.

It makes me want to punch my testicles off. I'm taking a big break after today from this game until a title update and a guarantee of dedis 24/7. Gears of War 2 flash backs are not what I signed up for when I paid my 60 bucks for this game.

Will still frequent this thread for changes and shoot the shit, but yeah until things change this game is not fun for me, and is just stressing me out too much.

Apdiddy

Did OK on randoms TDM but my K:D ratio is not getting any better. Argh.

Got killed by someone with a longshot/sniper rifle while I was in cover and blindfiring on Gridlock. I'm not even sure how that happened since they were camping in the shack across from me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom