• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

-PXG-

Even though we never lost a single round tonight, I'm not playing KoTH again until they do something to the SOS. It's utterly fucking stupid as is.

Hell, I'm really considering taking a break from the game. I have my Onyx Gnasher and level 100 already. The SOS bullshit is just so irritating, in spite of the fact I have a high K/D and solid amount of wins.

Seriously...Epic...Fix this goddamn weapon. I feel so disgusted and dissatisfied right now, knowing that one single element, which ya'll are too thickheaded to fix, is preventing this game from being perfect. Everything else is great though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
-PXG- said:
Even though we never lost a single round tonight, I'm not playing KoTH again until they do something to the SOS. It's utterly fucking stupid as is.

Hell, I'm really considering taking a break from the game. I have my Onyx Gnasher and level 100 already. The SOS bullshit is just so irritating, in spite of the fact I have a high K/D and solid amount of wins.

Seriously...Epic...Fix this goddamn weapon. I feel so disgusted and dissatisfied right now, knowing that one single element, which ya'll are too thickheaded to fix, is preventing this game from being perfect. Everything else is great though.
Don't you LOVE it when you get Checkout on KotH?

Tell me how much you like it, -PXG-.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Random Gametype Gamebreaker;
If you press B next to a downed leader, you will kick the leader rather than punching/Revving your chainsaw

How
Fucking
STUPID.

zlatko

Banned
Scarecrow said:
could we even do it with 4, or does it absolutely need to be 5?

I completed Insane beast on Trenches with just 2 other buddies. As long as you pick trenches and know what to spend your money on you'll be fine.

2th

Banned
-PXG- said:
I ran into quite a few modders today. At least it's all cosmetic. Oh well. It will be a matter of time until they're banned from the game forever.

paging Joe Graf and his ban hammer lol

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
I officially can't stand CTL :)

Small maps - Sit at a spawn, you'll always have fresh reinforcements to save your ass!

Big maps - Less than 30 seconds is shit time to get anywhere [Yes, i'm talking about Shipwreck or whatever the fuck it's called]

There really should be an on screen indicator when teams switch spawns. If i have my volume off, i have no idea half the time

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Noriega said:
yeah triangle umping won't help you in beat

oh wait
Yo.. Your hurting my feelings man. Salt in the wound :(

@Scarecrow, think of it this way, I don't think Beast scales for the number of players. So essentially, more players = more power. You can try with 4 but 5 would be most ideal.

The later waves are a pain in the ass with less people.

Was wondering if anyone could id the Balding Gear with the beard that is on all of the DLC promo posters at Gamestop?

This guy
610198b.jpg

Or is it just some generic gear

2th

Banned
Naked Prime said:
Was wondering if anyone could id the Balding Gear with the beard that is on all of the DLC promo posters at Gamestop?

This guy
610198b.jpg

Michael Barrick

I assumed since they said some of the new campaign dlc wouldn't have returning characters, that he would be part of your new squad. Google is failing me atm though.

Edit: Nevermind. I really should read those comics.

whitehawk

Banned
-PXG- said:

I agree. I use the SOS sometimes because it's there, but I would have no problem with them removing it/nerfing it.

Lunchbox

Banned
Naked Prime said:

This guy
610198b.jpg

thats marcus without the doorag

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
HAHAHA!

just spawned ON an enemy. we fucked around until the spawn condom wore off and he ripped me to pieces with his retro

kuYuri

Jrmint, Scarecrow, etc., sorry about not speaking, my mic wasn't working, had to restart my Xbox. That seemed to have fixed it.

I'm still down to play Beast.

Loam

Scarecrow said:
arg! we were so close. Two dumb onyx guards hid away and we timed out on the last damn wave.

Raincheck, we'll get it on the next go round.

That was such a horrible way to lose though, failing because we couldn't find the last couple of guys.

EdgecrusherLSU

Neo Member
You guys still doing that Insane beast run? If so i'm about to get on and would love to join. Tag is Edgecrusher LSU.

Also, how do we meet up with other gaffers. Only been playin with my brother and a friend. Lone wolfing is almost not an option in this game.

Arjen

I haven't played as much as others of you, but i can't see myself playing a lot longer. And i sat trough al the bulshit that is Gears 2. 90% of the players in KoTH are playing with SoS, it's not fun anymore. The spawns in KotH are so freakin bad, they really need to look into this, that is making me rage so hard. People spawning in your back, while they are immune.
And i wish they would bring back the REAL KotH, not Annex what we are playing now under the KotH flag.

mickcenary said:
Is that Cliffy's Locust Queen?

I'd cop an SOS in the anus for her to active-reload my Boltok anyday.

Or gnash my Thrashballs.

She looks significantly different now (as seen in her twitter profile pic) then she did when she was young.

I remember she was featured in an EGM issue as the 'hottest girl gamer' a loooong time ago.

But most women look better in their late teens and early 20s than they do when they start to approach (or pass) their 30s.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
reggie said:
The SOS bitching is getting really old now. The weapon is not broken, get over it.

The denial over the SOS is getting fucking old. A weapon that kills you off screen is NOT fine. You keep drumming on about how its fine yet every person i know that picks it up raises their kdr exponentially. I wonder why.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
I guess i should get some sort of recording thing for my Xbox to show you guys a ton of Gnasher kills that were utter bullshit.

:|

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
dmg04 said:
I guess i should get some sort of recording thing for my Xbox to show you guys a ton of Gnasher kills that were utter bullshit.

:|

for every one of those i will raise you ten of SOS videos.

DRE Fei

How about if they just remove the sawed off from ranked? There aren't as many people there as there are in quick match anyway. I've heard this suggested before and it sounds good to me.

bimet

Played ranked with a group of friends tonight and got paired up against two (seemingly, but probably not) Epic employees. The very first thing out of everyone's mouth was, "use the abortion called SOS and make them regret putting the bitch in." Yeah, it was immature, but frustrations were high from having been subjected to it for most of the night. We won 3 -1 because they lost a random and (I think) because they didn't want to get a stalemate, which resulted with the last guy killing himself. The highlight of the match was beating the shit out of one of them with a severed limb while my teammates kicked him all around, listing all their nitpicks with the game. Yeah, a bit excessive, but during that moment, it was fucking hilarious. I don't use the SOS, but I don't mind it, so long as its effectiveness is limited to melee range, which most of the time it's not.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
DRE Fei said:
How about if they just remove the sawed off from ranked? There aren't as many people there as there are in quick match anyway. I've heard this suggested before and it sounds good to me.

No. Just balance the weapon. Fix the horizontal spread. Thats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom