• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggie

Banned
Gr1mLock said:
The denial over the SOS is getting fucking old. A weapon that kills you off screen is NOT fine. You keep drumming on about how its fine yet every person i know that picks it up raises their kdr exponentially. I wonder why.
Stop being terrible. I've versed countless teams that just use the SOS exclusively and they've all been destroyed.

actually giving the multiplayer a go, and it's pretty fun. weapons seem pretty balanced other than the SoS, but I'm sure you guys know that already. The SoS takes the fun out of CQC

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
reggie said:
Stop being terrible. I've versed countless teams that just use the SOS exclusively and they've all been destroyed.

Really? horizontal spread isnt BS? you dont think you should be able to see your enemy to kill him?

Scratch that, I'm having a blast.Oh, I keep getting my kills stolen too, what happened to the gears etiquette from 1 and 2? I have more downs than kills, and my last deathmatch I had 12 kills and 15 downs wtf?

Robot Pants

computers putin' said:
Scratch that, I'm having a blast.Oh, I keep getting my kills stolen too, what happened to the gears etiquette from 1 and 2? I have more downs than kills, and my last deathmatch I had 12 kills and 15 downs wtf?

It's gonna happen. Especially in the first months of the game.
It happened in Gears 1 and 2 also

elektrixx

Banned
computers putin' said:
At least you still get points for it now.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Addnan said:
TDM is making me go insane. I go 26-5 and still lose the match!

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp56/addnan_2008/e4069f47.jpg

Terrible picture quality.

Playing ANY team game solo is just begging to raise your blood pressure, even more-so in Gears, where so many people are so bad, even with the basics of following objectives that are pointed out to you.

Get on the GAF Gamertag and save yourself the stress. I only play with friends, which is why you don't hear me getting in on the whine train about Sawed-Offs, because the instant one is found, he gets spotted and lit up, executed, and eventually quits the match.

bimet said:
Played ranked with a group of friends tonight and got paired up against two (seemingly, but probably not) Epic employees. The very first thing out of everyone's mouth was, "use the abortion called SOS and make them regret putting the bitch in." Yeah, it was immature, but frustrations were high from having been subjected to it for most of the night. We won 3 -1 because they lost a random and (I think) because they didn't want to get a stalemate, which resulted with the last guy killing himself. The highlight of the match was beating the shit out of one of them with a severed limb while my teammates kicked him all around, listing all their nitpicks with the game. Yeah, a bit excessive, but during that moment, it was fucking hilarious. I don't use the SOS, but I don't mind it, so long as its effectiveness is limited to melee range, which most of the time it's not.

You and zlatko got punked hard by kids that did some apparently-easy trick that you can do to get the Epic employee skins and emblem. zlatko especially since I don't know how he'd believe an actual Epic employee would respond like that, worst thing is that other people in hear believed his post as well.

Haven't seen them myself in a match yet, but yesterday I've been reading Joe Graf's Tweets about him banning them, and people are Tweeting him Gamertags and he is either banning them immediately or they were already banned.

Another interesting thing he Tweeted, especially for the people complaining the whole time is that they don't need a TU to tweak weapons, so if there is a time when they'll decide to experiment with guns like they did a lot in Gears 2, they can just do so whenever they're ready.

dmg04 said:
1. lag
2. that never seems to happen to me
3. lol

--I don't find the SOS to be that big of a deal anymore. Tonight on Gridlock, i steamrolled 3 SOS users that were defending a hill [next to boltok spawn]. Literally just walked through them 1.2.3
That is not lag, since the camera is from the player in question the arc of the shotgun is just that wide it went around the corner.

If we were watching that kill from the queen character there we could say she dived but lag ment she was still in the way, I bet to the queen player was just finishing her roll before randomly being turned into gib.

mr afghan jones

Neo Member
Dear Cliffy

Please can you patch one thing for me. Everything else in Gears 3 is grand apart from this one thing.

I dont give a monkey's about SOS balance. I don't care about not having new maps in matchmaking (although seriously WTF is that about).

All I want is this one thing.

I want to be able to hold down left trigger when I have the cleaver equipped and then throw that big fucker into a locust's chest for a one hit kill. That is all. I will pay money for this as DLC.

tl;dr CLIFFY, LET ME THROW THE CLEAVER.

Willeth

mr afghan jones said:
Dear Cliffy

Please can you patch one thing for me. Everything else in Gears 3 is grand apart from this one thing.

I dont give a monkey's about SOS balance. I don't care about not having new maps in matchmaking (although seriously WTF is that about).

I want to be able to hold down left trigger when I have the cleaver equipped and then throw that big fucker into a locust's chest for a one hit kill. That is all. I will pay money for this as DLC.

holy shit

best idea

Miggytronz

mr afghan jones said:
Dear Cliffy

LOL HELL YEAH!

Lima

kodecraft said:
Uh...that things appears to heavy to throw. I doubt any of the COG could throw it and be effective.

Dude just look at their arms. If the dudebro's from gears can't do it, no one can.

mr afghan jones said:
Dear Cliffy

Holy shit, that would be awesome.

SOS needs a range nerf.

39 now, got 40 in my sights. What are people finding the best playlists is to level?

Also which gaf tag should i add or are they all full, really wanna get on with some gaffers to many crappy randoms are horrible bots.

-PXG-

Ah.

I have a nasty habit of of pulling the trigger too fast. Doing so will slow down the rate of fire (cursed inhibitor). If this happens to you, make a mental note to slow down your finger. You'll eventually get to that sweet spot where your shots are fast and consistent.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
StalkerUKCG said:
SOS needs a range nerf.

my fix for the sos would be to make it like the chainsaw

if you're getting shot you can't use it. simple.

no more rushing around like a mad man hoping to get a cheap kill only to roll back and run away if you miss.

It would go back to be a defensive weapon.

Miggytronz

_dementia said:
Man, I have such an itching to play Gears 3. Gotta get through this workday, ugh.

Same here, Unlocked another mutator last night and now i want to use a specific 3 for my Insane playthrough.

Lima

StalkerUKCG said:
39 now, got 40 in my sights. What are people finding the best playlists is to level?

Also which gaf tag should i add or are they all full, really wanna get on with some gaffers to many crappy randoms are horrible bots.

Quick match KOTH.
I plan on playing this all night. I will send you an invite if you wanna join me.

D4Danger said:
my fix for the sos would be to make it like the chainsaw

if you're getting shot you can't use it. simple.

no more rushing around like a mad man hoping to get a cheap kill only to roll back and run away if you miss.

It would go back to be a defensive weapon.

It'd be better yet if you had to stand still after shooting to reload it.

I'd be up for shooting the SOS stops you doing melee attacks for 2 seconds, I hate people who go for the gib, miss then somehow land two melees on you, feels cheap as shit, why should I have to run away if he misses when using a different gun? or make the melee power from the SOS 3 hits to down instead of 2.

K' Dash

mr afghan jones said:
Dear Cliffy

Juniah, you're a Gentlemen and a Scholar.

Do it Cliffy.

TRios Zen

Diablohead said:
I'd be up for shooting the SOS stops you doing melee attacks for 2 seconds, I hate people who go for the gib, miss then somehow land two melees on you, feels cheap as shit, why should I have to run away if he misses when using a different gun? or make the melee power from the SOS 3 hits to down instead of 2.

Got into a battle with an SOS locust after just finishing off his friend with my gnasher. He popped his load too soon, so I put a shot in him but didn't kill him (and had to re-load). So we stood there circling and swinging at each other like jackasses for what seemed like forever.

Luckily I put him down, but I was laughing the whole time.

TRios Zen said:
Got into a battle with an SOS locust after just finishing off his friend with my gnasher. He popped his load too soon, so I put a shot in him but didn't kill him (and had to re-load). So we stood there circling and swinging at each other like jackasses for what seemed like forever.

Luckily I put him down, but I was laughing the whole time.
Did you show him the two-piece?

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
D4Danger said:
it's so powerful it stuns you like a smoke grenade after use

I could get behind that

Yeah, if you were stunned a bit it would cut down on the number of guys who run up to you, shoot, and then run away and hide. If they're stunned for a second or two after shooting, or if their movement speed is temporarily reduced, then your teammates would have a better chance to kill them before they run away. If they miss then they are very vulnerable to the person they're trying to kill.

TRios Zen

_dementia said:
Did you show him the two-piece?

By the time I landed my elbows on him, it took two to put him down. Seriously we must have looked like two drunk hookers trying to make out as every time one of us meele'd we were hitting air.

I just kept thinking to myself, I'm a jackass - I deserve to die over this (and laughing while still doing it).

Palmer_v1

mickcenary said:
To what extent do the majority of you equate "fun" with winning/doing well in this game?

I equate fun with not getting killed by bullshit that's almost impossible to prevent, and should never have been added to the game.

-PXG-

mickcenary said:
To what extent do the majority of you equate "fun" with winning/doing well in this game?

Where's the fun in getting your ass kicked and losing all the time? Sure, you can't win ALL the time. I can lose, and still have fun, if I'm against a good team and the match was really close. But I always try to win. I want me teammates to care about winning too.

_dementia said:
I find there is a direct correlation for me.

Ditto. I had about 5 games tonight where I was single-handedly supporting my team, i.e. huge KDR. So, even though we lost, I wasn't too cut up. It does annoy me how terrible your team can be sometimes. I'm no Ballistik/PXG, so if you're my rank or higher and you're not doing as well as I am, I don't like you; I don't want to be on your team and suffer through unrelenting frustration because you have a poor grasp on how to play the game.

So, yes, I need to be doing well, personally + have a good team in order to have unmitigated fun. Naturally, I often spend more time quitting than playing.

DanielJr82

mickcenary said:
Ditto. I had about 5 games tonight where I was single-handedly supporting my team, i.e. huge KDR. So, even though we lost, I wasn't too cut up. It does annoy me how terrible your team can be sometimes. I'm no Ballistik/PXG, so if you're my rank or higher and you're not doing as well as I am, I don't like you; I don't want to be on your team and suffer through unrelenting frustration because you have a poor grasp on how to play the game.

So, yes, I need to be doing well, personally + have a good team in order to have unmitigated fun. Naturally, I often spend more time quitting than playing.
Gears of War 3... serious business.

I generally play to have fun, which usually means getting better. Sometimes I lose, but do well for myself. Sometimes I win, but wasn't much of an asset. Either way I'm getting better. Unlike the poster above, though, I'm not a quitter. Good or bad team, I tough it out and keep learning. Just like every other multiplayer game I play.

see5harp

The SOS doesn't piss me off nearly as much as bad connections. Last night it seemed like servers were up again so that's swell.

I'm at the point where I just flat out refuse to play with randoms. I hate having to carry sorry ass people, I hate sorry ass people quitting out of the game before the end of the round/game, tired of playing with randoms. I start sending FR to random GAFers in hope of getting somebody decent to play along with.

-PXG-

LeonSKennedy90 said:
I'm at the point where I just flat out refuse to play with randoms. I hate having to carry sorry ass people, I hate sorry ass people quitting out of the game before the end of the round/game, tired of playing with randoms. I start sending FR to random GAFers in hope of getting somebody decent to play along with.

You roll with me and others who go hard, you'll never lose.

dat skill-off son

-PXG- said:
You roll with me and others who go hard, you'll never lose.

dat skill-off son

I wanna get 75 tonight. Just run through people on TDM all night or close to it, so I'm gonna need a full party to take on the Chinchilla98s of the world.

see5harp

I will join Gaffers if I see them on and it is fun to win but it's sorta ridiculous how one sided matches can be with a full party. If you go ranked it seems less people will leave but quick match will clear out a damn room after one game if you are just skunking teams left and right. Hell, most of my ranked matches with just one or two in the party end up being skunks. I do sorta like a good back and forth.

-PXG-

LeonSKennedy90 said:
I wanna get 75 tonight. Just run through people on TDM all night or close to it, so I'm gonna need a full party to take on the Chinchilla98s of the world.

I'll be on pretty much all day today, tonight and all day tomorrow too. Roll me mang. I have a shit load of folks on FL who take this game seriously. We don't lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom