• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
The Antitype said:
Anybody up for some KOTH quickmatches later tonight?

I have to head to synagogue to pacify the parents, but I'm definitely spending the night in tonight after getting blitz at the Canucks game (and afterward) last night.

Let me know.
What time are you going to be rolling? Currently on my lunch, off at 9:30 PST.

Kajiba

Ajemsuhgao said:
I got a second green skin code. So I have two extras now. One I'll hold onto to trade, the other I will post here in the thread whenever I get home. So if you don't have a code, be on the lookout in this thread in about 3-4 hours.

= (

I'll probably wont be fast enough to type it in on my crappy iphone..

exYle

I started playing with the SOS today (going for the execution and the medal) and god, what a terrible weapon. My K/D dropped like a rock, and I got a few absolute bullshit kills. This is gonna be a shitty 200 kills.

JambiBum

Funny ban story I saw on twitter today. Some kid had the Epic employee medal and got banned for it. He then made up a story about how he is an intern for epic. So joe graf told him to stop by the office to discuss it. Kid asked if joe was in the office today, joe just told him to check the office calendar. Kid then said that he spoke to someone named Alan and that he would talk to joe later. Joe talked to Alan and they just gave him the award for most interesting story to try to get unbanned. The prize? Banned for life.

The kid even has it in his bio that he is an intern. He went all out lol.

JambiBum said:
Funny ban story I saw on twitter today. Some kid had the Epic employee medal and got banned for it. He then made up a story about how he is an intern for epic. So joe graf told him to stop by the office to discuss it. Kid asked if joe was in the office today, joe just told him to check the office calendar. Kid then said that he spoke to someone named Alan and that he would talk to joe later. Joe talked to Alan and they just gave him the award for most interesting story to try to get unbanned. The prize? Banned for life.

The kid even has it in his bio that he is an intern. He went all out lol.
Sad, but funny.

2San said:
Sigh there's something wrong with this game. Playing on hardcore the game is piss easy and then you're at act 5 spoiler:
Pretty sure it last chapter when you are on top of that tower and fighting Myrrah. I understand how to kill her, but are there any tips how to do this(exploits are welcome). We either get killed by the locust guards on the ground or the oversized bug manages to destroy the tower along with adam fenix.

edit Playing 3 man co-op.

Stop playing bad?

I joke, seriously its mostly a luck thing. The area with the top of the lift is good to camp for 1 or 2 people, have someone on constant guard killing duty and you shouldnt have any real problems , managed 2 players on insane in about 3 attempts.

K' Dash

I'm sorry Inquisitor, Adam, Lingitiz, my GF has been sick and I have to attend her, hope you make it to wave 50, lookin up to play with you again this weekend.

Thank you, I had a lot of fun.

I think the more I play, the less the SOS annoys me. Last night there was a guy - rank 50 or so - whose game plan was to just roadie run into range and SOS. I probably killed him about 6 times and he went something like 5 and 15. He was terrible and terribly predictable. Sometimes they're just so easy to spot and counter that it's hilarious.

NOW, if you're constantly trying to get in close for that personal Gnasher gib, you will get done. Consequently, my philosophy has changed dramatically; it's totally okay to run away/sit back and pull out that Retro. God, I love that gun.

LifEndz

mickcenary said:
I think the more I play, the less the SOS annoys me. Last night there was a guy - rank 50 or so - whose game plan was to just roadie run into range and SOS. I probably killed him about 6 times and he went something like 5 and 15. He was terrible and terribly predictable. Sometimes they're just so easy to spot and counter that it's hilarious.

NOW, if you're constantly trying to get in close for that personal Gnasher gib, you will get done. Consequently, my philosophy has changed dramatically; it's totally okay to run away/sit back and pull out that Retro. God, I love that gun.

Been hearing so many good things I guess I'll have to try it. I've been sticking with the lancer because of the chainsaw functionality but it's really useless in versus because it takes too long to get going. Most guys seem to eat lancer shots like they're nothing so maybe I'll do better with the retro.

K' Dash said:
I'm sorry Inquisitor, Adam, Lingitiz, my GF has been sick and I have to attend her, hope you make it to wave 50, lookin up to play with you again this weekend.

Thank you, I had a lot of fun.

Thanks, man. Good luck. Hope she gets better. See you later.

LifEndz said:
Been hearing so many good things I guess I'll have to try it. I've been sticking with the lancer because of the chainsaw functionality but it's really useless in versus because it takes too long to get going. Most guys seem to eat lancer shots like they're nothing so maybe I'll do better with the retro.

Seriously, man. Active'd and with controlled burst firing - you HAVE to burst fire - it actually downs people in seconds. If you've got the bead on someone, no amount of wall-bouncing will save them.

I've maybe used the normal Lancer ten times and I find the substantial lack of recoil to actually throw me off; each to their own, I guess.

DRE Fei

The sawed off doesn't even bother me that much except for the camper playstyle it encourages sometimes. It slows the game down too much. You've all heard about the church camping on the mercy map, and I anticipate this type of thing getting worse over time. I just want the SOS removed from ranked matches. Adding a new "classic" playlist just splits the player base too much.

Btw, if anyone has a mechanic baird, let's trade for something. I have a few green skins available if anyone still cares about those.

zlatko

Banned
So Big Head Mode ranked is using the same k/d stats for your TDM ranked? Seems sorta dumb to encompass it into the stats for the one game type I'm trying to be good at.

Played one game of it and went 27-9. Feels good man.

Lingitiz

GGs to Inquisitor, Adam Blade, Strider, Marksman. Sorry I couldn't talk near the end and play beast afterwards, having some visitors over. Highlight of the night was headshotting the Armored Kantus with the snub pistol and the last one with the digger.

Edit: I was Geflat0 by the way sorry about the different names lol.

Jrmint

Strider2K99 said:
GGs to Jrmint, Adam Blade, Geflato, Inquisitor. I don't think we even died on wave 50, lol.

Now I need waves 11-39. D:
Such an epic night guys!

1-50 Normal, no mutators, 3 Brumak boss waves, 1 Berserker boss wave, and the final boss wave they gifted us with Reavers :).

4 hours or so later, very happy to have done it! Next time mutators for sure, haha!

Bazhard

Banned
So i decided to bust open my epic edition instead of returning it last night and had an absolute blast playing some horde mode, played about 2 hours of the single player today and had a fantastic time playing.

Sadly only 2 people i know play it and rarely play horde mode and are on horribly different time zones so sadly i probably wont touch it again, i tried playing some coop with random people and horde mode with random people and had a TERRIBLE experience because they were incredibly immature and granted i am not the best player in the world, doesn't mean i like to be called a "stupid fucking idiot" "faggot" and other various terms.

Which is sad, it's why i don't like playing online games because of immature assholes.. maybe one day ill try to find some people i can relate to, to play it but till then im stuck playing solo *forever alone*

K' Dash

Bazhard said:
So i decided to bust open my epic edition instead of returning it last night and had an absolute blast playing some horde mode, played about 2 hours of the single player today and had a fantastic time playing.

Sadly only 2 people i know play it and rarely play horde mode and are on horribly different time zones so sadly i probably wont touch it again, i tried playing some coop with random people and horde mode with random people and had a TERRIBLE experience because they were incredibly immature and granted i am not the best player in the world, doesn't mean i like to be called a "stupid fucking idiot" "faggot" and other various terms.

Which is sad, it's why i don't like playing online games because of immature assholes.. maybe one day ill try to find some people i can relate to, to play it but till then im stuck playing solo *forever alone*

Check this thread often, I play Horde everyday and when were are about to go in we request 1-3 people, we're all gaffers.

Add me GT K DashCR

Whoever on the Gears team made it around 300 or so times to "execute your nemesis" for the Vengeful medal, I hate you with a passion considering you have to be really bad for it to happen as well as the Onyx unlock being the Inigo Montoya tag, oh how I want that tag sooo badly.

kuYuri

Vire said:
Hey folks, anyone have any good strategies for the last boss on Insane? I'm getting worked here...

:(

Here's a strategy I've been thinking up.

In 4 player coop, have 2-3 teammates concentrate on guards, while 1 or 2 work on Queen.

The biggest part to this fight for me (based on playing it on Hardcore) is that the guards will infinitely spawn and will overrun you if you don't kill them off. The actual Queen is pretty easy.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Strider2K99 said:
Here's a strategy I've been thinking up.

In 4 player coop, have 2-3 teammates concentrate on guards, while 1 or 2 work on Queen.
in 4 player co op, only about 4 guards spawned and 1 wave of the shriekers. I don't know why, but final boss for my party of 4 on insane was a piece of cake.

kuYuri

dmg04 said:
in 4 player co op, only about 4 guards spawned and 1 wave of the shriekers. I don't know why, but final boss for my party of 4 on insane was a piece of cake.

Really?

I played it on Hardcore with 1 friend (2 AI teammates) and guards kept respawning no matter how many we killed. So we decided to concentrate on Queen only. What happened was that we would get overrun by them (literally like 10+ guards on screen). I told him to concentrate on Queen and I concentrate on guards and we did it in one try with that method.

I need to see this for myself when I get to that part on Insane.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Strider2K99 said:
Really?

I played it on Hardcore with 1 friend (2 AI teammates) and guards kept respawning no matter how many we killed. So we decided to concentrate on Queen only. What happened was that we would get overrun by them (literally like 10+ guards on screen). I told him to concentrate on Queen and I concentrate on guards and we did it in one try with that method.

I need to see this for myself when I get to that part on Insane.
Your plan sounds pretty good. I'd just have 2 on guards and 2 on the boss. The key is to be patient and take as much time as needed.

My first playthrough was on hardcore, and it took me 2 tries to get through the final boss. It was a bitch being downed constantly but the AI picked me up almost every time. Really, my solo hardcore was at least 40x easier than the insane co-op.

tsigo

Vire said:
Hey folks, anyone have any good strategies for the last boss on Insane? I'm getting worked here...

:(

I had a group fail it for over an hour with Super Reload/Infinite Ammo on Insane, and did it by myself with the same mutators pretty easily. Then the next day I joined a random group on the last boss on Hardcore with the same mutators and they failed it for about half an hour too. Do it solo.

njean777

So after playing for about a week with the SOS I have decided it truly is not OP like everybody claims it is IMO. This is coming from somebody that mainly uses the lancer. There is a certain strategy that goes with using it, the gnasher though still makes me angry as its range is just hilariously far. But to me at least the game is pretty balanced. The SOS does not need to be toned down, and tbh just look at your opponents weapon while he is trying to close in, it is really apparent if they have the SOS as it has a light on the end of it.

kuYuri

AI can be really flaky. Play the section where you first meet Gunkers in Act 1 Chapter 2 or 3 I believe, destroy the pods from the stalks that spawn on the left and leave all other enemies alone and see the ensuing results.

For me, what happened is that the AI would effectively ignore everything that aren't the pods and continue unto the next stalk, despite their still being a huge ass Gunker lobbing those projectiles at me. I kept getting downed, then the AI would refuse to revive me and I would die.

I had to redo that section over 6 times because of the glitchy AI in that section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom