• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

abracadaver

CrazedArabMan said:
Whoever on the Gears team made it around 300 or so times to "execute your nemesis" for the Vengeful medal, I hate you with a passion considering you have to be really bad for it to happen as well as the Onyx unlock being the Inigo Montoya tag, oh how I want that tag sooo badly.

The requirements for vengeful will be softened in a title update.

So is the consensus that Insane is easier with two CPU opponents?

I read someone saying they couldn't clear the last boss, so they did it solo and since the CPU has more life it was easier.

Otherwise I'll try to clear it with my friends.

Addnan

adversesolutions said:
So is the consensus that Insane is easier with two CPU opponents?

I read someone saying they couldn't clear the last boss, so they did it solo and since the CPU has more life it was easier.

Otherwise I'll try to clear it with my friends.
I found it very easy on 2 player coop, 4 player was near impossible for us.

Jhoan

Damn, I didn't know people were playing Horde; I should have checked into the this thread. I was playing Horde for most of the day. I managed to make it to wave 29 after several matches. The game has connection issues because each time I play public Horde, The game will kick me out after several waves. It's extremely annoying. The Grinders having huge guns makes them more annoying to kill,

Now I tend to have a habit of waiting until about Wave 16-19 to spend my money wisely. I've turned into an extremely frugal player as a result. It annoys me when pubbies use their money during the initial waves. Plus some of them don't even do the bonus objective. Otherwise, I've gotten better at it. Using the HB saves lots of money because of the abundance of HB ammo.

2San

StalkerUKCG said:
Stop playing bad?

I joke, seriously its mostly a luck thing. The area with the top of the lift is good to camp for 1 or 2 people, have someone on constant guard killing duty and you shouldnt have any real problems , managed 2 players on insane in about 3 attempts.
I only play Gears for the Multiplayer, so who cares about being good in the singleplayer! ;_;

Thanks, I'll try this today.

Strider2K99 said:
Really?

I played it on Hardcore with 1 friend (2 AI teammates) and guards kept respawning no matter how many we killed. So we decided to concentrate on Queen only. What happened was that we would get overrun by them (literally like 10+ guards on screen). I told him to concentrate on Queen and I concentrate on guards and we did it in one try with that method.

I need to see this for myself when I get to that part on Insane.
i'm convinced that this is a bug. i've heard people say the final boss is either way too hard or really easy. i was playing 2 player co-op and we had the never ending waves of theron from all angles. we tried several times but would keep failing. eventually we reloaded the level up in arcade mode because we couldn't restart the level from the campaign mode. this time we encountered maybe 5-7 theron and never saw them again. and the boss also took a lot less time to beat.

2San

SPACECADET said:
i'm convinced that this is a bug. i've heard people say the final boss is either way too hard or really easy. i was playing 2 player co-op and we had the never ending waves of theron from all angles. we tried several times but would keep failing. eventually we reloaded the level up in arcade mode because we couldn't restart the level from the campaign mode. this time we encountered maybe 5-7 theron and never saw them again. and the boss also took a lot less time to beat.
Hope this is the case(as to preserve my gaming ego), we put 2 players dedicated on killing Theron. They just kept coming. Does the arcade mode include all the cutscene's?

So is there a way to start a Horde game through Matchmaking that doesn't start from Level 1 or no? Finally got to play Horde yesterday and made it to Level 35 before I had to head to bed.

Brakara

ToyMachine228 said:
So is there a way to start a Horde game through Matchmaking that doesn't start from Level 1 or no?

Unfortunately, no, you can only do that in private matches. I wish they at least patched in an option for joining matches in progress through matchmaking.

Got to wave 50 of Horde on the Checkout map today, pretty easily and then spent the next hour getting totally OBLITERATED before finally giving up.
None of my team mates would use mics though and I couldnt find a good camping spot for the Silverback. It was a massacre :(

Brakara said:
Unfortunately, no, you can only do that in private matches. I wish they at least patched in an option for joining matches in progress through matchmaking.

Hmmm, but you can get achievements in private matches right? So if I found some people to help me from 35 to 50 we'd still get the achievement and our stats would count?

Karram said:
So how am I supposed to if I'm banned ? I have been trying to join a match for an hour now.
Banned from multiplayer you mean? Don't worry, they make it very clear. You would get a message saying your profile doesn't have permission to play online multiplayer and it'd force your party type to be local.

Brakara

ToyMachine228 said:
Hmmm, but you can get achievements in private matches right? So if I found some people to help me from 35 to 50 we'd still get the achievement and our stats would count?

Yeah, but some achievements are restricted. Not sure about the horde ones, but the achievements are usually clear about this if they are restricted to standard (non-private) matches.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I'm back.

Anyway, the more I get better at lancer hip fire and constantly keeping that SOB active the less I worry about sawed off.

Yeah, I still have some cheap deaths to it, but the lancer really puts most of them in their place. The easiest kills I have come from SOS users who like to charge. I simply backpedle and hip-fire my lancer to kill them. It doesn't work all the time (that range on the sos is nuts) but it works most of the time.

The problem I have with SOS complaining is that the gnasher can down from a pretty far distance, especially with an active. I'm worried if the SOS gets changed, the gnasher will too.

The only issue I REALLY have with the SOS is that it changes how the game is played, and changes how people play. SOS users make what would be a fun game and shit on it in every way.

For the person defending against them, they have to have the tools to stop an SOS, watch every corner, and refrain from CQC as much as possible.

For the SOS user, they either camp, charge around the map tossing smoke hoping for a zerg rush kill. Or they do some silly ass BK wall bouncing that they think is pro in hopes of getting a lucky blast.

There is absolutely no redeeming value to the SOS and what it has brought to the game.

Oh, and LOL at people saying GOW 2 is better, or that they are "going to quit the game because of SOS."

To them I say see you fucking later. This game is still the best there is on Xbox live.

Acidote

Just finished act 2 in insane solo. Tough stuff, specially:

just before hijacking that airship, after taking the elevator.

Shadybiz

Vire said:
Fuck yeah!

Beat the last boss on Insane.

Wow! I don't think I have the strength or patience for Insane.

I just beat it yesterday. I was very pleased with the campaign overall, and the liberal use of checkpoints was much appreciated.

So I jumped into MP right afterwards. I am really digging the Team Deathmatch. I think it takes some of the pressure off, in a way. I don't worry as much about dying as I do in Warzone, so I think that because I'm looser, I play a bit better.

Oh, and:

Alienshogun said:
and LOL at people saying GOW 2 is better, or that they are "going to quit the game because of SOS."

Not a chance in hell. This MP suite is LIGHT YEARS better than Gears 2, and I've only played for a couple hours! I haven't been cheesed by the SOS much. The few times that I was killed by one? Hey, I let the enemy get too close.

Ballistik

Ugh I feel left out from all you guys talking about the game, and I've only been offline for two days.

Speaking about the campaign, thanks for the indirect help of those who gave tips about passing the last chapter. My friends of mine came over earlier this week and we did all but the last chapter of Act 5 on insane. We haven't used a single mutator though. o_O

-PXG-

Ballistik said:
Ugh I feel left out from all you guys talking about the game, and I've only been offline for two days.

Speaking about the campaign, thanks for the indirect help of those who gave tips about passing the last chapter. My friends of mine came over earlier this week and we did all but the last chapter of Act 5 on insane. We haven't used a single mutator though. o_O

Are you gonna be on later.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Ballistik said:
That' the way to do it!!!!

Nothing feels better than beating a game at the highest difficulty legit.

Well, maybe making people feel the heat.... that comes close

-PXG-

I'm so close to calling it quits for a while and buying Rage. This is ridiculous...I fucking hate this game so much right now.

You can win half the maps by camping the high grounds or hiding behind corners with the SOS. Jesus Christ.

Lingitiz

-PXG- said:
I'm so close to calling it quits for a while and buying Rage. This is ridiculous...I fucking hate this game so much right now.

You can win half the maps by camping the high grounds or hiding behind corners with the SOS. Jesus Christ.
Yeah it seems like you've put a ton of time into since release so it wouldn't hurt to take a week or so off focusing on Rage or Batman. You'll eventually get that itch again, I know I have whenever I take a few days off from it.

zychi

Banned
Lingitiz said:
Yeah it seems like you've put a ton of time into since release so it wouldn't hurt to take a week or so off focusing on Rage or Batman. You'll eventually get that itch again, I know I have whenever I take a few days off from it.
Totally agree with this. Tho I don't understand why he's RAGING(pun intended!) Gears has been this way forever. Use the lancer or hammerburst to counter SOS.

Rage is fun, but I have it on PC and 360 and I cant decide which to play it on. It's VERY brown.

I want Batman now.

Random sentence.

-PXG-

Epic just have this fucker pop up on the screen after every cheese or bullshit moment

129288639821.jpg

K' Dash

-PXG- said:

PLAY SOMETHING ELSE, dude you've been on this game 24/7 since launch, you're level 100, holy fuck! let it rest for a while, play rage or some XBLA game to ease your soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom