• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
mickcenary said:
"Gnasherin' requires no skill" arguments always make me sad. You know what else makes me sad? Going 22-4 on Sandbar in TDM and losing.

Guys.

C'mon, guys.

C'mon.

Guys.

C'mon.

I'll never understand those types of people who just run around like chickens with the heads cut off feeding the other team kills, but they are in every game, so what can ya do?

Grisby

I'll never understand getting 15 caps in a KOH match while my teammates total a tally of 3 or so combined. Yo you going for that Longshot dawg? Cool, its gonna be useful when your lvl 20 and don't know how to use it.

Ahhh, who is it for me to say how they want to have their fun but you think they'd want to get more kills (tons always happen in the ring area) and get a win or two.

LeonSKennedy90 said:
stop playing with randoms

Dude, I'd love to, but my friends are lame and have their hands full with FIFA12 and MW2. Also, I'm in Australia. Also, this game has rendered me beyond susceptible to fits of rage and hence, rage-quitting; I'm no funsies.

Edit: my friends would also definitely suck for a decent amount of time.

The Antitype said:
Gnasher takes more skill than the SOS, certainly. Still kind of 'vague' when it comes to aiming and damage output.

Certainly. And I will concede that it can be vague from time to time. 90% of the time, however, the game does back me up in my confidence that my next Gnasher shot will down the dude I'm aiming at.

Tawpgun

njean777 said:
Or you know play the way the game was sold to us as by Epic. I can handle shotgun dancing, but not every kill in every match like it was in gears 1 and 2. I was just arguing that a change needed to be made and they made it. I knew old gears fans would be angry about it, but that always happens when a developer makes a change to a game.
Or you know play the way the game is most efficiently played at. Rifle from long, shotgun up close.

Not pop and shoot stale mate hide behind cover gameplay.

Shotgun dancing was in Gears 1. Gears 2. And Gears 3.

Must have been a mistake though.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
LeonSKennedy90 said:
wait what

Ignore him, for the love of based god, ignore him.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Or you know play the way the game is most efficiently played at. Rifle from long, shotgun up close.

Not to mention the fact that it's been embraced publicly by epic as a means of separating the "good players" from the "really good players."

Oopsies!

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
feel_the_heat.jpg

njean777

A27 Tawpgun said:

yep and thats the reason I play COD or BF much better balanced games. Not until gears 3 did I ever take the series seriously.

Plasmid

mickcenary said:
"Gnasherin' requires no skill" arguments always make me sad. You know what else makes me sad? Going 22-4 on Sandbar in TDM and losing.

Guys.

C'mon, guys.

C'mon.

Guys.

C'mon.

Fuckin randoms man, they're a bitch.

njean777 said:
yep and thats the reason I play COD or BF much better balanced games. Not until gears 3 did I ever take the series seriously.

Dude. Don't be making crazy allegations or I'll snipe you with my UMP45 SUB-MACHINE GUN from ACROSS THE FUCKING MAP whilst I blind you with my flashlight in BROAD DAYLIGHT.

Also, 60% of my body will be clipping through the ground. What of it?

njean777

mickcenary said:
Dude. Don't be making crazy allegations or I'll snipe you with my UMP45 SUB-MACHINE GUN from ACROSS THE FUCKING MAP whilst I blind you with my flashlight in BROAD DAYLIGHT.

Also, 60% of my body will be clipping through the ground. What of it?

LOL yeah the BF3 beta is pretty bad so far. But COD is pretty balanced to be honest, but lets not derail the thread.

A friend and I need help finishing Horde. We're on Wave 50 on Casual. We've two-manned it this far. Just need 3 more people to help. Anyone interested? Would be appreciated. Post or PM me. RyoGCH is my GT.

ToyMachine228 said:
A friend and I need help finishing Horde. We're on Wave 50 on Casual. We've two-manned it this far. Just need 3 more people to help. Anyone interested? Would be appreciated. Post or PM me. RyoGCH is my GT.

I'll help. I dont really use my mic though if that matters.

njean777 said:
LOL yeah the BF3 beta is pretty bad so far. But COD is pretty balanced to be honest, but lets not derail the thread.

No doubt. I really like both CoD and BF; the latter more so when it's actually working, but yeah, dat beta... It's a complete mess.

What's everyone's opinion on the Retro when Active'd? Too good?

A27 Tawpgun said:
I don't know how to respond to this.

Actually, yeah, you're right. I kinda skipped over that...

Hellion

Alienshogun said:
I'll never understand those types of people who just run around like chickens with the heads cut off feeding the other team kills, but they are in every game, so what can ya do?

Spotting for them helps. I save so many lives.

kiryani

I'm having a really weird problem with this game.

I've been testing repeatedly all night, and have come to the conclusion that this game is disconnecting my xbox controller.

Here are the things I've done.

Tested 3 different controllers, all with battery packs , and with play and charge kits.
Tested 2 other games, UFC 2010 and Mass effect 2.
Tested it on the xbox interface, the gears of war menus, etc. All with no issue.

Now , when I actually go into gameplay on gears, my controller will just randomly disconnect. Sometimes every 10 minutes or so, or sometimes repeatedly, every 10 seconds no matter which controller or whether play and charge is plugged in or not. Having a wired mic plugged in makes no difference either way either.

I'm not cracking up, I understand that this is a completely crazy problem and I would be dubious if it was happening to someone else, but it really is happening.

The worrying thing is how the hell am I gonna fix it :/

njean777

kiryani said:
I'm having a really weird problem with this game.

I've been testing repeatedly all night, and have come to the conclusion that this game is disconnecting my xbox controller.

Here are the things I've done.

Tested 3 different controllers, all with battery packs , and with play and charge kits.
Tested 2 other games, UFC 2010 and Mass effect 2.
Tested it on the xbox interface, the gears of war menus, etc. All with no issue.

Now , when I actually go into gameplay on gears, my controller will just randomly disconnect. Sometimes every 10 minutes or so, or sometimes repeatedly, every 10 seconds no matter which controller or whether play and charge is plugged in or not. Having a wired mic plugged in makes no difference either way either.

I'm not cracking up, I understand that this is a completely crazy problem and I would be dubious if it was happening to someone else, but it really is happening.

The worrying thing is how the hell am I gonna fix it :/

do you have a wired controller?

nel e nel

The Antitype said:
Gears of War is at it's best with a nice balance between close-quarters shotgun play, and cover-based flanking with AR support fire, with teams moving for the power weapons.

Too hard towards long-range combat, and the game becomes a boring stale-mate. Too far the other way, and the game plays like a sloppy Quake-lite.

The SOS actively encourages players to stay back and use the assault rifles, because rushing in with the gnasher is such a risk against an SOS. If the other player is holding a gnasher, they have to aim, and some quick wall-bouncing or dive-rolling can evade the shot. The SOS can hit you even if you're rolling away.

By keeping back and using lancers, HBs, players have a better chance to take out SOS users trying to rush at them, and avoid getting one-shot by campers lurking around corners.

Shotgun dancing should be an integral part of Gears of War. It should not DOMINATE the game. Then it just becomes boring. If I want to bounce around with a shotgun all the damn time, I'll go play Quake Live.

This. I know I was bashing the wall bouncing gnashers earlier in the thread, but that was with a grain of salt. Gears only loses it's shine when you're playing a lopsided game, and unfortunately there is no way to force people to be well rounded. Folks generally have fun when they are winning (or at the very least feel well matched), so they will always default to a strategy that enables their chances of having fun/winning.

nel e nel

Grisby said:
I'll never understand getting 15 caps in a KOH match while my teammates total a tally of 3 or so combined. Yo you going for that Longshot dawg? Cool, its gonna be useful when your lvl 20 and don't know how to use it.

Ahhh, who is it for me to say how they want to have their fun but you think they'd want to get more kills (tons always happen in the ring area) and get a win or two.

Amen brother! I don't begrudge folks getting their kicks, but goddamn, if you just want to practice your snipes, START A FLIPPIN PRIVATE MATCH WITH BOTS, yo! Or at the very least go into TDM/Warzone/Execution.

zlatko

Banned
Been a few pages so I figured I'd post again I'm still looking for a Savage Grenadier MP skin.

I have a L.A. Noire PS3 Car Consul's Traffic Case DLC code for trade, as well as Team Fortress 2 items.

PM me if interested. (Willing to trade the DLC and up to 5 items bundled together)

nel e nel

J2d said:
And if you have a checkpoint in the middle of a boss then you are doing it wrong, which when it comes to bosses Epic does all the time.

I see that as a nod to the Japanese influence in the Game. (multi-stage bosses that are basically a grind instead of a puzzle)

J2d said:
It's strange to see a developer going from giving you free maps to charging for weapon colors btw.

I completely agree, but Rod had said repeatedly in interviews leading up to the release that a very small percentage of people actually downloaded the free maps in 1 & 2, and that it was giving them pause about including them with Gears 3.

The people have spoken, and they want non-functional weapon decorations.

leng jai

Are the online numbers in game accurate? Seems like barely anyone is playing the game. Even for TDM, the most I've ever seen online is 88k worldwide, a paltry 150 for my region (aus).

leng jai said:
Are the online numbers in game accurate? Seems like barely anyone is playing the game. Even for TDM, the most I've ever seen online is 88k worldwide, a paltry 150 for my region (aus).

There's only 22k on quickmatch TDM right now, and I'm in USA

Good games, guys. Sorry for all those kills I stole. They weren't on purpose! And sorry for my lack of skill, but you guys are way good anyway so I guess it doesn't matter. :lol

Dug

Banned
-Yeti said:
Good games, guys. Sorry for all those kills I stole. l
I was thinking about it, but most of the time if some one steals your kill don't you just get most of the EXP anyways?

Dan Yo

Banned
Is there a known glitch in co-op campaign that keeps others from playing in your game? My friend and I are trying to join another friend's game and all that happens is we are spectating him and it says please wait to join game. He's tried making it to multiple checkpoints, restarting the party, etc. We were playing just fine before this.

leng jai said:

I'm in Aus, too; and while those numbers may look pretty bad on paper, they're more than enough to facilitate smooth matchmaking for me. Hell, even with around 40 people in TDM, I can cycle through a decent number of games very quickly. 'Tis one of the many GLORIOUS things about the MP in this game.

Ballistik

-Yeti said:
Good games, guys. Sorry for all those kills I stole. They weren't on purpose! And sorry for my lack of skill, but you guys are way good anyway so I guess it doesn't matter. :lol
Yeah GG. You're not as bad as you make yourself out to be. We didn't lose any games.

nel e nel

mrpeabody said:
How do I join a public game of Beast on Hardcore? It just puts me in Normal and there's no way to change it.

As far as I know, you can't. All public beast games are default to normal difficulty.

Tawpgun

LeonSKennedy90 said:
read that as condom
Sames.

Turns out I have 240 ms points in my account. Enough to buy one of the average weapon skins.

But I'd like an electric or liquid metal one.

Will trade a 1 month for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom