• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Yo

Banned
Have any of you run into a player called GeorgeTheGreek? He's apparently ranked #1 in Team Deathmatch and my friends and I beat his team last night. I don't think he was too happy because he sent a bunch of invites to us afterwards. They tried camping the restaurant on Gridlock the whole time.

leng jai

mickcenary said:
I'm in Aus, too; and while those numbers may look pretty bad on paper, they're more than enough to facilitate smooth matchmaking for me. Hell, even with around 40 people in TDM, I can cycle through a decent number of games very quickly. 'Tis one of the many GLORIOUS things about the MP in this game.

Yeah I never struggle to get a game but there seem to be a few bots in at least 30% of my games. I really thought there would be more people playing. The BF3 beta has 10+ 64 player servers that are always full for comparisons sake.

Dug said:
I was thinking about it, but most of the time if some one steals your kill don't you just get most of the EXP anyways?

I quite like the Gears scoring system in this regard. I topped my team with 5/5 KDR and 2700 points beating a guy who had a 14/6 KDR.

bakeray

if anyone wants to play KOTH fairly seriously or just try to assemble a group of nonbads hit me up. GT is bak3ray - please say you are from GAF in the friend request.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Lol;
Anyone redeem a code, win the skins, and receive a code for the assassins creed theme?
just happened to me. >:|

Thanks to ZROCOOL and Live Free Or Die for the Wave 50 help! After 2-manning the previous 49 waves, you guys made it so much easier. Thanks a lot!

It's been stated already, but I felt it was worth repeating: The scoring system in this game is AWESOME.

Dealing out points based on the damage you do, and not confining rewards to kill (lots-o-points) and assists (some-points), when up to three different dudes can have a hand in taking somebody out is GREAT.

More MP devs need to rework their XP systems in this manner.

zlatko

Banned
The Antitype said:
It's been stated already, but I felt it was worth repeating: The scoring system in this game is AWESOME.

Dealing out points based on the damage you do, and not confining rewards to kill (lots-o-points) and assists (some-points), when up to three different dudes can have a hand in taking somebody out is GREAT.

More MP devs need to rework their XP systems in this manner.

If only they could fix the kill stealing issue permanently so the person who did the most damage to down the opponent, gets the kill and someone who steals it will get an assist. As it should be.

leng jai

zlatko said:
If only they could fix the kill stealing issue permanently so the person who did the most damage to down the opponent, gets the kill and someone who steals it will get an assist. As it should be.

It doesn't seem that hard to implement. Make it so you need do a minimum of say 30 points of damage to get the kill stat. Its so ridiculous when you spend a good 10 seconds Lancer-ing a guy and then some gimp walks past and steals your kill for 10 points.

zlatko

Banned
leng jai said:
It doesn't seem that hard to implement. Make it so you need do a minimum of say 30 points of damage to get the kill stat. Its so ridiculous when you spend a good 10 seconds Lancer-ing a guy and then some gimp walks past and steals your kill for 10 points.

The worst is when it's the last guy on their team, and you find his lil hiding spot, work to the bone to down him, walk up to start an execution and then pop someone spanks it with a shotty, snipe, torque, hburst bullet, etc. Really bro? Seriously? That's the 100% opposite of team work, and it makes me sick to think EPIC doesn't have 1 person in their fucking building who can see that it's clearly wrong when an asshole does this and they should not be rewarded in any way.

zlatko said:
That's the 100% opposite of team work, and it makes me sick to think EPIC doesn't have 1 person in their fucking building who can see that it's clearly wrong that an asshole who does this should be rewarded in any way.
Damn skippy. What annoys me is that I'm stupid enough to be kind, loyal and let people have their kills. Then it is a teammate and I against 1 other opponent---I find the opponent, down him, and my teammate jumps in outta nowhere and finishes him. Wtf?

leng jai

Vincent Alexander said:
Damn skippy. What annoys me is that I'm stupid enough to be kind, loyal and let people have their kills. Then it is a teammate and I against 1 other opponent---I find the opponent, down him, and my teammate jumps in outta nowhere and finishes him. Wtf?

Screw that. I've decided to turn into a kill stealing biatch when playing with randoms. No point in doing otherwise.

zlatko

Banned
leng jai said:
Screw that. I've decided to turn into a kill stealing biatch when playing with randoms. No point in doing otherwise.

My rule of thumb is everyone gets one. Or in this case if more than 1 kill is stolen in 1 game, then I go on a down stealing frenzy. Sucks for my other team mates who might not be doing it, but nothing is more -_- face inducing than going 9 kills 10 deaths, but have like 15 downs. I'm not running a charity to help people pseudo boost their stats off of my work.

I've just stopped caring. I'm already sporting the K/D Indifferent title, and am only like 100 away from Onyx on assists.

I'm rank 75.

Clearly I've getting enough points with my kills, downs and assists as it is, so if somebody wants to be a dick and take my kill fine. I still got 100 points out of the deal, and I'm not a pathetic loser.

Win - win.

zlatko

Banned
The Antitype said:
I've just stopped caring. I'm already sporting the K/D Indifferent title, and am only like 100 away from Onyx on assists.

I'm rank 75.

Clearly I've getting enough points with my kills, downs and assists as it is, so if somebody wants to be a dick and take my kill fine. I still got 100 points out of the deal, and I'm not a pathetic loser.

Win - win.

Lucky you, but I know there's a lot of people out there like myself who get pissed to no end about people being douches online, and the solution is so easy it is ridiculous why EPIC can't fix such a fundamental issue to team work.

When I play with people I know and GAF I'm always trying my best to not spank downs, and it stinks when I shoot in the same breath as someone downed him and so I end up stealing, because being the up and up guy I am I want to pay it back from my next down. It'd be nice to just stop having to worry about it all together if it's randoms or if it's people I know, so it's just another thing we can ignore and be more focused on wins.

Unfortunately, I'm always more worried about my personal K/D stats over my win loss stats. That's the thing I can point to and say, "hey I'm this good at Gears of War 3," and it helps push me to do better and keep leveling up my game.

Rimfya

Banned
I don't mind my kills being stolen because I steal too. But the other day I went 4k 13d and it was the worst.

Hammerburst sucks.

Iztli

I just bought a 360 for gears 3 :O :D Ive been playing gears 1 on PC since release.. I hope I can learn to play with the controller though :/ KB+M player

Kill stealing is only annoying when the one person has clearly done all the work in downing someone. Some dudes need some motherfuckin' gaming etiquette. Outside of that, the heat of battle usually evens things up.

zlatko

Banned
Iztli said:
I just bought a 360 for gears 3 :O :D Ive been playing gears 1 on PC since release.. I hope I can learn to play with the controller though :/ KB+M player

Hahahahaha.

You'll realize why I'm laughing soon enough.

zlatko said:
Unfortunately, I'm always more worried about my personal K/D stats over my win loss stats. That's the thing I can point to and say, "hey I'm this good at Gears of War 3," and it helps push me to do better and keep leveling up my game.

I hear you. I keep a watchful eye on my K/D in Halo: Reach. It's really the only game I care about it in, because it's a game I really like the fundamental gameplay of, so its a source of pride to at least keep a K/D over 1.5, even after the worst days.

J2d

Iztli said:
How is the online community for PC, still some active?

malfcn

Really, servers down during an event? 0/6 K/D, c'mon mangs.
And KOTH had retarded spawns...let's spawn both teams at the same spot/time.

Just got into the MP and I really cannot believe the amount of people I'm running into that purchased the weapons skins. Fuck, I know it's their money but come on!

Square Triangle said:
Just got into the MP and I really cannot believe the amount of people I'm running into that purchased the weapons skins. Fuck, I know it's their money but come on!
Not all custom weapons cost money

leng jai

Square Triangle said:

Someone's jealous of my pink Lancer...

mickcenary said:
Kill stealing is only annoying when the one person has clearly done all the work in downing someone. Some dudes need some motherfuckin' gaming etiquette. Outside of that, the heat of battle usually evens things up.
What else do you expect from a community full of morons and asshats like Xbox Live?

Square Triangle said:

Ha. Guilty. I'm 23 and I've probably spent a good $20 of my (mostly) hard-earned money on unnecessary shit for this game. Why? For one, I like that stuff - even if 75% of the skins are butt-hideous - and I actually have a bit of cashola and nothing to spend it on for once in my life.

Well...

Until this badboy drops into K-mart. YEUGH!

6039825410_694a436fff.jpg

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
malfcn said:
KOTH is garbage. With randoms, lag and getting spawned on a losing team at 149 points, whee.

They really need to fix the spawns in it first and foremost.

The enemy team you just destroyed should not be spawning 3 seconds later right around the corner.

Why is everyone all worked up over "kill stealing"? You are playing as a team. If someone kills a person I downed I'm glad for the help. That's the way I look at it. :-/

Scarecrow

Jesus, what a night. Endured a match where all five dudes on the other team were using SOS. I usually don't complain about it, but god damn is it annoying. It was like zombie mode: don't let anyone close to you or you're dead.

Then I got invited to do an Insane Beast run. 3 of my team were the nightmare scenario, awful-12-year-old on xbox live kids. I only stuck with it because I hadn't completed the insane run yet. I can't believe we succeeded with those terrible wastes of life.

leng jai

Live Free or Die said:
Why is everyone all worked up over "kill stealing"? You are playing as a team. If someone kills a person I downed I'm glad for the help. That's the way I look at it. :-/

You really think someone killing a guy with 1 bullet that you spent the last 10 seconds shooting is help? Theres a difference between working together to kill a guy and blatant kill stealing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yo.

FUCK that last boss on insane. WTF.

Share your strategies once more for me GAF, to get through that shit that no one playtested. Most inconsistent combat scenario I've ever played in a game. Literally, it's a crapshoot every single time
because you don't know about the hook guys, the flying guys or what will show up, when, and in which quantities.
Complete bullshit. What should I be focusing my fire on? Doesn't help there's no fucking ammo. I'm tempted to say this is worse than RAAM. It probably is.

Also, sorry MASS Xtortion, couldn't play, was cooping it out.

Live Free or Die said:
People get worked up over Kill/Death ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom