• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cth

I'm planning on trying for Horde level 50 tomorrow during the day.

I have the InstaGib mutator. Drop me a msg here or on XBL if you want in and what time..

Gamertag : Cth

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Two part ranking systems are good.

Level #=skill
EXP system=playtime

Halo3 had a damn good system. Sure it had flaws, but the whole 'level 50' thing will be remembered forever, at least by me.

as for people who buy/sell 50 accounts... who cares? Does nothing to my gameplay, just gives me more wins

edit- i didn't like how the Halo3 EXP was based on wins. If we could get the 1-50 system on GOW, as well as the 1-100 in terms of points earned... that'd be amazing

Plasmid

Anyone else getting this?

DQtp9l.jpg

Any relation to dedi's?

I never like the ranking systems. It just encourages the worst behavior from people, cheating, griefing etc. People become so obsessed with a number they forget to have fun with the game. People would quit on my team in Halo if we lost a game to preserve their precious number.

When it's used for it's purpose; to match players of equal skill, it's fine. When it's displayed I think it hurts the social aspect of the game. I'd rather it be hidden, at least not displayed beside your GT. K/D ratio is almost that way in Gears 3.

Yo, I gotta give epic some props for something. Every Gears game has had fantastic map design (for multiplayer). almost every map functions extremely well in terms of chokepoints, cover, strategic encampments, and weapon placement. The maps are also beauties to behold, the art designers deserve 30 virgins apiece for their work on the Gears series.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ramirez said:
Nuke splitscreen gaming from orbit, problem solved! It would also solve so many other issues I have in games like Reach!
Hmm, I'm not sure if removing the best kind of multiplayer is the best way of fixing multiplayer in any game really.

Satchel

Banned
Ballistik said:
It sure did encourage me to keep trying to hit level 50. I recall being all excited when I hit level 48 for a few games in Team Slayer, but I was always stuck in 46-47 range for TS.

A similar system in Gears would sure be interesting.

Halo 3s system was perfect, but where they fucked up, was giving each game type a different rank.

It should have been one rank that covered all MP. I know they updated it to SORT of be like that, but it should have been like that from day one.

Agreed though. This new CoD style system where you just rank up for being there is shit.

enzo_gt said:
They probably have other priorities

Oh, so the same shit that happened in gears2? My wife had to reset her profile twice since the game would freeze immediately every time she signed in. This was a very well known issue.

Epic's response? cliffydealwithit.jpg

I'm beginning to think that Epic simply does not care.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
D4Danger said:
i think I'm going to take a break from this game for a while before I smash my controller on the floor

the last few days has been nothing but sos wall bouncing suicide nonsense and it's at a point now where I'm just not having fun any more

Batman comes out soon and hopefully TF2 gets a Halloween update so that'll be nice

When I run into a lobby like that I simply go SOS and give them their own shit back to them.

nel e nel said:
No one is missing your point, we all just don't agree with you. I'm not disagreeing that it changes the game, I just disagree that repeatedly stating your displeasure with the changes on an internet forum will not somehow magically make it a true for everyone else. Personally, I like the way it changes the game, and I'm not alone in that. Neither one of us need these upcoming stats to prove that to ourselves.

Yes, you were and the others, because you weren't addressing my meaning whatsoever.

2th

Banned
Noriega said:
I have an extra Liquid Metal skin guys. Looking to trade for Infected Omen.

how do you have an extra liquid metal set? the liquid metal only comes with the season pass so unless you have an extra season pass code...

also found some ridiculous spawning bugs in arcade mode tonight. It prompted me to record with my phone and actually put something on youtube. it is very interesting what video games drive us to do.

Dug said:
I just hated Halo 3's ranking system. I was constantly stuck at one rank since I would end up winning like 2 matches and then lose the next and then win and lose etc. I never got past Lieutenant. Then their was the issue of people buying 50's and yeah....

That's how it's supposed to work. Why should you advance in rank if you're not actually playing any better? You got the rank that was equal to your skill level.

Nori Chan

2th said:
how do you have an extra liquid metal set? the liquid metal only comes with the season pass so unless you have an extra season pass code...

also found some ridiculous spawning bugs in arcade mode tonight. It prompted me to record with my phone and actually put something on youtube. it is very interesting what video games drive us to do.
#FFuuuuu

I meant liquid green lol

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
is TBC mike a gaffer?

jesus, man... too good for me.
Seemed like he could switch from a fucking lancer to gnasher in .00000001 seconds, though

Daigoro

moving to community Friday. well, its been nice reading you thread.

someone please post any big news as a new topic in Gaming. thanks!

What's the prerequisite for a thread to move to community? Just curious, I only went to the Community forum recently for the first time because the SNSD thread was moved there!

2th

Banned
Daigoro said:
moving to community Friday. well, its been nice reading you thread.

someone please post any big news as a new topic in Gaming. thanks!

wait.. what? game hasnt even been out a month. why the fuck would we be going to community?

Edit: just saw the title. Again the game hasnt even been out a month... why the fuck are we being moved to community?

bs000

I got stuck in infinite retrieving stats after a match. I quit to dashboard and got a dashboard update so that's probably why. Does it do anything? I didn't see a thread on it.

-PXG-

The mods better let me have a say in the thread title and not make it something retarded. Who am i kidding... This post alone has solidified the thread title's fate....

Also, kind of soon to be banished to the forgotten Community ghetto.

Xevren

No idea why people are so scared, being in community isn't that bad anymore. Then again I play a lot of fighting games so I spend a lot of time in the threads for them in community to begin with.

Does anyone know how many kills you need to get 'Rifleman' (to unlock the golden Locust)?
Also, there is another challenge where you have to get so many kills with all 5 starting weapons to unlock another golden Locust. Does anyone know how many kills you need for that one too?
Ive tried searching the internet, but no one elaborates on these challenge desciptions. I just get the generic "Get so many kills with all 3 rifles etc".

Hoya Destroyer said:
Does anyone know how many kills you need to get 'Rifleman' (to unlock the golden Locust)?
Also, there is another challenge where you have to get so many kills with all 5 starting weapons to unlock another golden Locust. Does anyone know how many kills you need for that one too?
Ive tried searching the internet, but no one elaborates on these challenge desciptions. I just get the generic "Get so many kills with all 3 rifles etc".
How many stars does it show that you need to unlock it? If it's 1 star, then it's 200 kills with each rifle. 2 stars = 500 kills with each rifle. 3 stars = 2000 kills with each rifle. 4 stars = 6000 kills with each rifle.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
2th said:
wait.. what? game hasnt even been out a month. why the fuck would we be going to community?

Edit: just saw the title. Again the game hasnt even been out a month... why the fuck are we being moved to community?

Probably because a lot of shit is about to drop.

Either way, not a huge deal. The people who are going to stick with the game should already have this thread subbed anyway.

-PXG- said:
The mods better let me have a say in the thread title and not make it something retarded. Who am i kidding... This post alone has solidified the thread title's fate....

It's not that way at all. Shit like the community OT got moved there and those threads are active as hell.

So long as we (the ones sticking with the game) keep the thread subbed, it won't be an issue.

Every major game OT ends up in community now, that way you can talk about getting games together (and other shit) IN the OT and it's not off topic.

LosDaddie

Banned
K' Dash said:
We need 3 people for Horde with Insta gib and super reload!

GT K DashCR

Hey man, you going to be able to finish the campaign with me this week?

-PXG- said:

huh, I wonder why the Resistance 3 OT hasn't been moved yet.

AndyMoogle said:
How many stars does it show that you need to unlock it? If it's 1 star, then it's 200 kills with each rifle. 2 stars = 500 kills with each rifle. 3 stars = 2000 kills with each rifle. 4 stars = 6000 kills with each rifle.

Thanks for the answer. I just checked. Both 'Rifleman' and 'Master at Arms' are 3 stars.
Im a million miles from getting 2000 kills with any of my guns. Oh well :(

feel

Was having an absolute blast yesterday playing with some friends in matchmaking. Even got to re-experience some of those classic gears moments were it's down to 2v2 and everyone's so tense and thr spectators are screaming in our ears. Good times, or at least they were until our gnasher gameplay luck ran out and we started getting matched against teams of sawnoff users and my friends started changing to it out of frustration and I decided to bail out of that gamrplay mess... sigh wtf cliff why are you doing this...

Playing through the campaign for the second time and it occurred to me...Have Corpsers always been crustaceans? They have that little tail in Gears 3. I was under the impression they were more spider like but I just may not have noticed in the past.

Also, I'm just saying it now...I want the Kryll in one of the campaign DLC's. I'm serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom