• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasmid

ToyMachine228 said:
Also, I'm just saying it now...I want the Kryll in one of the campaign DLC's. I'm serious.

Kryll were exterminated by the lightmass bomb in gears 1, never coming back :(.

hated that fucking sequence in gears 1 though

Ah.

Well that wouldn't be too bad if migrating worked. All three times I got kicked back to the main menu, it told me I had gained a level and then instantly de-ranked me for some reason.

So not only is it seemingly impossible to stick in a game, it doesn't save my progress.

h3ro

Foliorum Viridum said:
Ah.

Well that wouldn't be too bad if migrating worked. All three times I got kicked back to the main menu, it told me I had gained a level and then instantly de-ranked me for some reason.

So not only is it seemingly impossible to stick in a game, it doesn't save my progress.
I don't believe Horde or Beast use migration. Host quits and your SOL. Only time I've seen migration is when the Dedis were down and we were all playing Gears 2 again.

Plasmid

h3ro said:
I don't believe Horde or Beast use migration. Host quits and your SOL. Only time I've seen migration is when the Dedis were down and we were all playing Gears 2 again.

I did have a host migration in beast once, but other than that, never seen it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
h3ro said:
I've seen host migration in both modes.. but it doesn't work as advertised every single time.

Brakara

There's a bug with host migration that sends you back to an earlier wave than the one you were in. Hopefully, that will be fixed in the next TU.

Brakara

Hoya Destroyer said:
Does anyone know how many kills you need to get 'Rifleman' (to unlock the golden Locust)?
Also, there is another challenge where you have to get so many kills with all 5 starting weapons to unlock another golden Locust. Does anyone know how many kills you need for that one too?
Ive tried searching the internet, but no one elaborates on these challenge desciptions. I just get the generic "Get so many kills with all 3 rifles etc".

Golden Hunter - Gold Master-At-Arms Medal (Get 2000 Kills with all 5 Starting Weapons)
Golden Miner - Gold Rifleman Medal (Get 2000 Kills with all 3 Rifles)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991468-gears-of-war-3/60582254

Brakara said:
There's a bug with host migration that sends you back to an earlier wave than the one you were in. Hopefully, that will be fixed in the next TU.
Yeah, this one is annoying. It doesn't happen all the time though, so I'm wondering if there's a cutoff point where you've progressed so far in a wave and so it just starts you from the beginning of it.

2th

Banned
Deez said:
Dedicated servers are for Ranked and Quick Match MP only. Horde/Beast and Private matches are peer to peer.

You love that avatar dont you? It makes you very recognizable amongst the different Gears forums. Also the similarities in your names is pretty obvious :p

Brakara

TheNiX said:
Yeah, this one is annoying. It doesn't happen all the time though, so I'm wondering if there's a cutoff point where you've progressed so far in a wave and so it just starts you from the beginning of it.

It seems random to me. I was once sent way back to wave 1 (from 20-something), then another time to wave 5 (was at less than 20), and so on.

Edit: that being said, it has also restarted the current wave a couple of times as well.

Brakara said:
Yeah, a friend and I were sent back to wave 2 from wave 20 something

My friend let me have his Xbox when he left for the navy and I picked this up. A huge improvement over 1 and 2. The only thing I despise about online is that stupid sawn-off shotty. The game would be perfect if that was a pickup weapon instead.

JambiBum

I have started to save all of the hate mail that I get. Going to post a collection of it soon.

Also moving us to community is lame :/

CliffyB

Playah
Bummer, why is this being moved to community when other games that have been out for over a year get to stay in main? I am sad panda for this! :eek:

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
CliffyB said:
Bummer, why is this being moved to community when other games that have been out for over a year get to stay in main? I am sad panda for this! :eek:

Guess you better start announcing some news worthy stuff/changes to make the front page. Eh?

I think the move is a combination of 1) the main appeal to this thread is the multiplayer component/community and that's where all these threads usually go and 2) There's gonna be a shitload of OTs in the next few weeks, and instead of fighting for space they're moving the thread.

But whatever. The Gears Gaf community knows where to find it.

CliffyB revealed to be robot. Possibly threadworthy.

Also, when you put that sequence in Babelfish it says "Jazz Jackrabbit 4" in Spanish, so we can throw that part in there too as news.

Grisby

Isn't it a bit earlier to be moving toward community?

Anyways thats some awesome cosplay posted a page back. I always wanted to do something like that but lack the skill and the physique.

2th

Banned
CliffyB said:

Guess you and Quinn should send a message to EvilLore and give him the business! lol

Judderman

drawer by drawer
CadetMahoney said:
It might just be a troll title in response to the trading bumping the thread all the time. I think.

Nah, mods will announce the transfer of a thread to community in the thread title.

Noriega said:
Still up for anyone.

How about a hug?
3AQmK.gif

CliffyB said:
announcing some free dlc would certainly be newsworthy.

mbmonk

What is up with the dedicated server? The last two nights I have been playing (East Coast) it seems like they haven't been up. I was having horrible lag spikes and guys surviving whole clips being unloaded into them, etc.

EDIT: TeamDM (Big head and Regular; quick match )

feel

CliffyB said:
Why are you letting the sawn off shotty ruin the mp for us.

gatisimo

Does anyone know if it'll be possible to capture and post screenshots as a spectator once the Gears stats site goes live? Also, what's the latest eta on that?

Addnan

gatisimo said:
Does anyone know if it'll be possible to capture and post screenshots as a spectator once the Gears stats site goes live? Also, what's the latest eta on that?
Nope :( They removed the screenshots system that was in Gears 2. Apparently usage was low.

the spawning system is really taking a chunk out of my enjoyment of the game. I preferred the system of old; two neutral area where people spawn at. Now I know this wouldn't have worked for deathmatch, by why the other modes? I'm sick of running past some seemingly inconsequential place trying to pull off a flank or something, just to have the whole team spawn to my back. People spawn too close to the action atm, and I'm not sure if this can be fixed considering how small the maps are.

computers putin' said:
the spawning system is really taking a chunk out of my enjoyment of the game. I preferred the system of old; two neutral area where people spawn at. Now I know this wouldn't have worked for deathmatch, by why the other modes? I'm sick of running past some seemingly inconsequential place trying to pull off a flank or something, just to have the whole team spawn to my back. People spawn too close to the action atm, and I'm not sure if this can be fixed considering how small the maps are.
Whenever you hear Prescott say "we have enemy reinforcements", that's you cue to turn around and shoot the fuckers that respawned behind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom