• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

EYEL1NER

abracadaver said:
Damn. Wish the closest Jack in the Box wasn't on the other side of the state from me. At least a 3 hour drive there...

Fuck paying for weapon skins, no matter how awesome some of them look.

2San

Deez said:
Looking into it. Stay tuned.
Sounds good. :D
Dan Yo said:
1 down, 1 to go. Reduce that gnasher range, baby, and we'll have a hit on our hands.
The lancer is a proper counter to the Gnasher. It's a way better weapon for co-ordinated teams. At mid range active lancer headshot downs guys pretty fast, but I feel dirty using it. I like to pay proper respect to people who attack me with a Gnasher, SOS users on the other hand no sympathy.

2San

LeonSKennedy90 said:
All Dan Yo has been doing in these Gears thread since the freakin' Beta is complain about the shotguns. Just ignore him like everyone else has.
Which is odd since the lancer is a beast. The hammy as well, but it loses to the all round functionality of the lancer. The Retro is a good shotty replacement, but it's just too difficult to use ranged. So I think we have attained proper balance here. Though I haven't experienced how the SOS nerf in effect yet, but it sounds good in theory.

Dan Yo

Banned
2San said:
The lancer is a proper counter to the Gnasher. It's a way better weapon for co-ordinated teams. At mid range active lancer headshot downs guys pretty fast, but I feel dirty using it. I like to pay proper respect to people who attack me with a Gnasher, SOS users on the other hand no sympathy.
The main issue with the gnasher, in addition to its range, is its large magazine, fast reload, and ease of active reload. Because of all of these things, a gnasher player can easily strafe in and out of cover, firing a shot out each time and be virtually invincible from attack. The gnasher is capable of downing an opponent in 1 or 2 shots from an almost ridiculous range, especially with an active reload which is extremely easy and quick to obtain.

The sawed off did have too much range, but it at least only had 1 shot before the user was done. The gnasher makes attack almost impossible on an opponent that is patient enough. I'd prefer the sawed off be a starting weapon over the gnasher any day.

-PXG-

Deez said:
Hey peeps. We posted stats from the first three weeks of gameplay. Go check it out and discuss.

Oh yeah, we reduced the gib range on the Sawed-Off. Enjoy.

http://epicgames.com/community/2011/10/gears-of-war-3-weapon-stats-sawed-off-range-and-more/

TD_Jakes_2.jpg

Jrmint

Lol I'm one of the 7% primarily playing Warzone.

Can't help it I have always loved my Warzone since 2006. Played some Big Head this weekend, but Warzone is still numero uno for me.

Great news on the SOS.

Nori Chan

I posted on another forum about the sos reduction and I get this:

You say that like the gnasher isn't superior.

I can't tell if he's trolling me. PLEASE GAF HELP ME
I don't run away screaming like a girl when Gnasher is in front of me.

2San

Dan Yo said:
The main issue with the gnasher, in addition to its range, is its large magazine, fast reload, and ease of active reload. Because of all of these things, a gnasher player can easily strafe in and out of cover, firing a shot out each time and be virtually invincible from attack. The gnasher is capable of downing an opponent in 1 or 2 shots from an almost ridiculous range, especially with an active reload which is extremely easy and quick to obtain.
Yet it's worse than the lancer in proper co-ordinated play. Feel free to look footage from the better players you'll see it's pretty rifle/power weapon centric. Mid range active lancer really gives the Gnasher a run for it's money. I think most of your problems comes from lack of team play. You can be the best player in the world, but in Gears you really do need a team. With 2 full parties against each other the Gnasher really is the least of your problems. The main issue with the Gnasher is that seasoned players enjoy using it. Thus it looks ridiculous at times.

Woah. I am seriously fucking impressed/surprised by the nerfin' of the SOS. Epic DO care! And even though it was beginning to grate on my nerves less and less as time went by, this course of action was the correct one. There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with having one dominant shotgun.

Noobs: learn how to use the Gnasher effectively; it's more fun to use, plain and simple.

Everyone else: let the Gnasher Fest begin.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
May be placebo effect, but for the first time I went into wingman and nearly no one was using sawed off. The one guy that did I dominated head to head. It definitely felt like it's doing far less damage at range now. It feels much easier to evade.

I wanna believe this is real, because the sawed off really should be a win by surprise weapon, not a head on beating a gnasher weapon.

Believe.

mickcenary said:
Woah. I am seriously fucking impressed/surprised by the nerfin' of the SOS. Epic DO care! And even though it was beginning to grate on my nerves less and less as time went by, this course of action was the correct one. There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with having one dominant shotgun.

Noobs: learn how to use the Gnasher effectively; it's more fun to use, plain and simple.

Everyone else: let the Gnasher Fest begin.

Dude, the lancer > gnasher still.

I love my lancer.

Montresor

So no one else is experiencing the same problem as me? A glitch kept my save file (checkpoint) intact but all achievement progress and collectible progress was wiped.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
2San said:
Yet it's worse than the lancer in proper co-ordinated play. Feel free to look footage from the better players you'll see it's pretty rifle/power weapon centric. Mid range active lancer really gives the Gnasher a run for it's money. I think most of your problems comes from lack of team play. You can be the best player in the world, but in Gears you really do need a team. With 2 full parties against each other the Gnasher really is the least of your problems. The main issue with the Gnasher is that seasoned players enjoy using it. Thus it looks ridiculous at times.

Exactly. Give me an active hipfired gears 3 lancer any day of the week.

Now you tell me I can have a lancer AND a gnasher.

It's like Christmas, New Years, Easter and the fourth of July wrapped into one.

ZROCOOL said:
Sawed-off seems the same to me.

I was already used to rolling/evading them to make them shoot too early, but I always too a little damage. Now I'm not taking any.

Like I said, could have been that one game and just pacebo effect.

I get the feeling they may have did what I was hoping. Reduce the gib range to gnasher gib range.

Raxus

ZROCOOL said:
Sawed-off seems the same to me.
Dunno if they nerfed it yet. There was a dashboard update.

Might be included in the upcoming TU along with the one man up rule being dropped.

Also, why no invite Alien? *forever alone*

2th

Banned
In case people missed it as well... The Liquid Green skins will be on sale January 3 for 320 MSP.

http://twitter.com/#!/HammerOfWynn/status/123864358223757312
http://twitter.com/#!/HammerOfWynn/statuses/123864615582048257

Raxus said:
Dunno if they nerfed it yet. There was a dashboard update.

Might be included in the upcoming TU along with the one man up rule being dropped.
they dont need to do TUs to update stuff like that. Weapons damage and stuff like that can be done without a TU and is rather easily accomplished from what all Epic has said about their system.

Xamdou

2th said:
In case people missed it as well... The Liquid Green skins will be on sale January 3 for 320 MSP.

http://twitter.com/#!/HammerOfWynn/status/123864358223757312
http://twitter.com/#!/HammerOfWynn/statuses/123864615582048257

So I get to use them exclusively for 3 months! :)

So,

Thrashball Drone
Minh Young Kim
General RAAM
Tai Kaliso
Michael Barrick

Confirmed as DLC.

If the big leaked list is real then we should be expecting a second season pass. Even still 27 Characters, 3 per pack mean 9 packs.

I suppose at a push they could put 4 characters in the certain packs, Like the single player ones.

It kinda make sense for the current DLC to be on disc, It means that after the game went gold, they had a 1-2 week holiday then they could jump back in to it making DLC. The first pack ships earlier and the next 3 (for season pass 1) come out at regular intervals.

Alienshogun said:
Dude, the lancer > gnasher still.

I love my lancer.

Man, I've actually not even used it. Well, except for when the game annoyingly defaults me with it once in a blue moon. I've become one with the Retro to such an extent that the 'barely there' recoil actually makes it harder for me. Speaking of the Retro, even it is arguably better than the Gnasher. The amount of times I've had the drop on someone with the Gnasher only to be downed by their Retro (probably due in no small part to a shitty shot from me, too); 'tis crazy. They're such a formidable pair.

hyduK

Banned
Is anyone else getting less experience than they should? If I finish a match with like 9000 points I'll get 4000xp when it totals up. It was happening last night and it's happening again today.

njean777 said:
Do you get this just for buying anything at jack in the box or...
You have to buy a large drink (which comes with a large combo obviously) and on that large drink is a code that you have to input on jacksgotgame.com. You will receive a message telling you if you won or not. You do have to register on that site so they can e-mail you the actual code if you do win.

JambiBum

hyduK said:
Is anyone else getting less experience than they should? If I finish a match with like 9000 points I'll get 4000xp when it totals up. It was happening last night and it's happening again today.
They reduced it on purpose.

Xamdou

Hated the sawed off before, then started using it the past couple of days and I am no longer mad at the weapon.

Now the gimped it... as long they don't gimp the retro lancer any further then it's fine with me.

Korosenai

To Cliffy

Since the green liquid metal weapon skin will be available january 3rd, how about pre order characters?

I really want that savage grenadier elite :)

SpacLock said:
I don't know why he would want this thread to stay on the front page since the only reason it's always bumped is because of complaining. Until the game has consistent working dedicated servers, CliffyB should be banned from GAF. And if he really is just a robot, then I'd love to pour coffee all over him.

Oh, and refund us for the season pass until the servers are in working order. Well, not like we get to use the DLC in ranked or quick match anyway.
Please shut up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom