• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
njean777 said:
So wait a shotgun without slug rounds (gnasher), we are perfectly fine with being able to down people from 12+ feet, but with the SOS we had to be right in front of the person, or the person could be like at max 3-4ft away we hate? WTF I am at a loss for words. BTW I am not talking about the gib range, I am talking about the damage ratio to distance. The gnasher can do a considerable amount of damage from 12+ feet away almost negating the lancer user from doing anything against it.

The range is fine. You're blowing it out of proportion. The Gnasher/Retro/Lancer at their optimum ranges will always win out against any other weapon. If you think the range is excessive, then adapt and pull out your own Gnasher... Or just use the Retro <3.

Teknoman

Late I know, but finally at Chapter 4. Cant say I saw "that scene" coming...kinda messed up. Also who decided to make Fat Albert a guard?

D23

me and friend just played it for 4 hours. the first hour i almost threw my controller cause i keep getting killed with the SOS.

then i start using the sos...

3 hours later...

im in love with the sos. No wonder ppl r using this gun.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Played with the SOS for about 5 matches. Didn't notice a difference.

I appreciated the 6 seconds of spawn protection, especially on Trenches when my team was getting smoked.

STANKYJ

Neo Member
good news on the sos.

i finished hardcore over xbox live the other day (first 3 acts i played in split screen) got the cheevos for each act but not for finishing the game it doesn't seem to remember the collectables i got or the completion (during the first 3 act) wth?

njean777

mickcenary said:
The range is fine. You're blowing it out of proportion. The Gnasher/Retro/Lancer at their optimum ranges will always win out against any other weapon. If you think the range is excessive, then adapt and pull out your own Gnasher... Or just use the Retro <3.

Let me pull that out rq when I use the SOS

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Well, at least now we might be able to get more discussion going on aside from the SOS - just a little.

Was undefeated tonight except for a match in Quick Match where the match was already practically over, and it was already in overtime with the ring switching so fast with only two points left - we've joined matches like this many times and turned it around that same round like 145 - 0 and still won, but they got a lucky spawn after getting their whole team wiped out with all five of them spawning by the ring where...

...I got my first Quinn on a full team of people without bots since the beta, and could've clutched it, but it was a split second too late. Destroyed them with shutouts the next game where they promptly quit.

I did notice that when I actually switched to the SOS since I was lacking kills with it that I wasn't getting kills at the distance I was used to dying from, and others were missing me as well, even when I wasn't trying to fake them out or make them panic.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Alienshogun said:
sandbar Boom/HOD where HOD/Oneshot used to be and Scorcher up top where boom/digger used to be.

another good change. having the boom in the middle made it nearly impossible to take once one team got up there.

Lima

I'm really surprised how much better sandbar plays now that not everyone is rushing the top spot like a mad man.

Map just turned from shit to average. Still too big.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Lima said:
I'm really surprised how much better sandbar plays now that not everyone is rushing the top spot like a mad man.

Map just turned from shit to average. Still too big.

they should add a little path between the boom and the grenades

it takes ages to run around that map

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Was just browsing the Epic forums before going to bed, and spotted this important post for anyone who gets their rank reset somehow:

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/839290-**Important**-What-to-do-if-your-rank-is-reset-amp-how-it-can-happen.-Pls-read!!!

Basically, if you get your rank reset, most-commonly by signing in/out another player for split-screen play, don't ever start playing anything that can earn you XP - delete your Gamertag, recover it, start the game up again, and it will resync your level & unlocks again with the servers and everything will be restored. Someone also got everything back by just clearing the cache and redownloading it again, so try both. Hasn't happened to me yet, but this is great knowledge to have in case it ever does before they can get it patched.

X-Frame

I really wish there were notifications for when dedicated servers are down.

It's not even worth signing on if they're not up. I was lagging/teleporting every other game tonight, making it unplayable like Gears 2 was in the beginning.

The good news is that I barely came across an SOS user. A lot of intense Gnasher battles tonight.

Dan Yo

Banned
kiryani said:
I got hate mail from a sawed off user :O

I nemesis'd him 5 games in a row, just keeping my distance and lancering his face off, he messaged me to go and play cod if I'm gonna play with fag guns and not get up close :3
lol it's funny because that was the exact same thing I would hear from gnasher users in every other Gears if I had put them down with anything but a shotgun.

Plasmid

Alienshogun said:
So far SOS nerf. HOD/Mortar changed to Boom/Torque on Overpass and on sandbar Boom/HOD where HOD/Oneshot used to be and Scorcher up top where boom/digger used to be.

So diggers and boom are both gone?

Thank jesus about overpass, as much as i hated that map HOD & Mortar were a good reasoning behind it.

Xav

Played online earlier with the SOS and didn't notice a difference. I pretty much always used the gun as it was intended in the first place, on target and very close to my opponent. It was always a big risk, big pay off type of weapon but sadly people didn't understand that.
If you let a SOS user get close enough to you in the first place then your spatial awareness is poor, invest in surround sound or something.
*Awaits cocky elitest Gears player to tell me I'm wrong*

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
dmg04 said:
Did they change the point system?

Less EXP per kill/assassination?
Fuck you, Epic.

Yeah, EXP was pretty much halved last night.

Plasmid said:
So diggers and boom are both gone?

Thank jesus about overpass, as much as i hated that map HOD & Mortar were a good reasoning behind it.

No, look again.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Alienshogun said:
Yeah, EXP was pretty much halved last night.
No, look again.
Wait, what?

oh icwatudidthar

yeah, epic got my cash for the fucking season pass and completely fucked the game up for me.

SOS is 100% useless now. This makes me somewhat sad in the sense that this game only has a small amount of weapons as it is, and now 1 is even more useless than before
EXP system actually felt GOOD. I hate getting to high levels and not seeing any sort of progression. Now it just feels like shit going nowhere each match.

I want a fucking refund.

RSTEIN said:
Played with the SOS for about 5 matches. Didn't notice a difference.

I appreciated the 6 seconds of spawn protection, especially on Trenches when my team was getting smoked.
I just experienced the same thing. I did not notice any changes. I wonder if these are for an upcoming update?

Lima

ShaneB said:
Just means they clearly fucked up on the xp balance in different modes.

They fucked up the whole system to begin with. The game has been out for what like 3 weeks now and we started seeing level 100's 2 weeks after release.

The xp needed for level 100 was much much higher in the beta and even there someone reached it in just 6 weeks. Should have told them something.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
dmg04 said:
Wait, what?

oh icwatudidthar

yeah, epic got my cash for the fucking season pass and completely fucked the game up for me.

SOS is 100% useless now. This makes me somewhat sad in the sense that this game only has a small amount of weapons as it is, and now 1 is even more useless than before
EXP system actually felt GOOD. I hate getting to high levels and not seeing any sort of progression. Now it just feels like shit going nowhere each match.

I want a fucking refund.

SOS is still by no means a shitty weapon. I just watched SOS users dominate my friends team (and they are good).

As for level progression, getting your wings shouldn't be as easy as it was at release.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
HawksWinStanley said:
Yeah sawed off seems exactly the same to me.

Placebo attempt by Epic?
No. It's a lot worse now, trust me.

As for EXP; I like seeing a clear fucking picture of progression. getting .0000005% of a level done per match makes my dick limp.

edit- and while i agree with shogun in terms of wings taking a while... i guess this is where i prefer COD. If i want to get to the 'top' within X amount of time, so be it. Give me the option to start over so i can still see a bar going up and up. it makes me go :)

dmg04 said:
Wait, what?

oh icwatudidthar

I want a fucking refund.

You seem pretty heated

Darvan

What I can't seem to understand is. Why after 3 version of this game they still haven't put some sort of code that monitor's for modded controllers. There is no way you can't tell how many button presses a human can get off vs a turbo feature.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Darvan said:
What I can't seem to understand is. Why after 3 version of this game they still haven't put some sort of code that monitor's for modded controllers. There is no way you can't tell how many button presses a human can get off vs a turbo feature.

They addressed that.

People can pull the trigger faster than turbo controllers can shoot, so there's no point.

If I had a nickle for every time I got blamed for modded controllers in games where I use semi auto weapons, well, I'd had a lot of nickles.

I DON'T like pulling the trigger and nothing happening. That shit's annoying as hell. I'm glad it's the way it is.

That said. Lancer is still my go to weapon in Gears.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
HawksWinStanley said:
Well I'm still getting gibbed by it from 5 or 6 ft away which is exactly how it was before these "tweaks".

All they did was reduce gib range.

What that means is TBD.

I'm assuming it's the same as gnasher gib range now.

BobDylan

so I havnt been able to play in almost a week. from the sounds of it the sos got fixed? I dont really care about leveling up or shit like that, just like playing the game with friends. getting killed by sos when standing next to someone instead of infront was my biggest complaint. good news for me

BobDylan said:
so I havnt been able to play in almost a week. from the sounds of it the sos got fixed? I dont really care about leveling up or shit like that, just like playing the game with friends. getting killed by sos when standing next to someone instead of infront was my biggest complaint. good news for me

You're going to be disappointed. For all intents and purposes I was still getting killed by it from the same distances and ridiculous angles as before.

I put up GoW3 on Amazon yesterday, and my Savage Kantus DLC code on Ebay today. Within an hour, someone bought my Savage Kantus code. They made their account 2 days ago, no feedback, and have 1 profile view. I'm confident I'm about to get screwed when he lies and says my code doesn't work and Paypal yanks his money out of my account.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Alienshogun said:
Looks good to me!
wait a fucking second

1:16 kills
1:51 doesn't

looks like the same fucking distance away.

>>>sorry for all the cursing. I'm just pissy because i can't level up as fast anymore so now i'm going to get bored as shit with this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom