• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xamdou

NubInaTub said:
To Cliffy

Since the green liquid metal weapon skin will be available january 3rd, how about pre order characters?

I really want that savage grenadier elite :)

The only pre-order/exclusive character I need is the savage grenadier elite, make it available for purchase Cliffy!

feel

-PXG- said:
I tested it out against bots. The range is significantly reduced. You have to be REALLY close in order to gib someone.
2vn2nwi.jpg

Alienshogun said:
Overpass was tweaked. Torque/Boom where mortar/HOD used to be.

Anyone else see any map changes?

K, now do the same on Sandbar.

edit - Torque/Boom where Hammer/OneShot used to be. Something crappy at the old Digger spawn.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Alienshogun said:
Overpass was tweaked. Torque/Boom where mortar/HOD used to be.

Anyone else see any map changes?

that's an interesting change

I thought maybe they'd add some snipers so you can't just camp the top but this will do for now

mickcenary said:
Dude. You have that the wrong way around.
The few times iv picked up the hammer i destroyed groups with it. I tend to stay clear of the mortar in general. Just my opinion on it not a fact, regardless the change is for the better i think we all agree.

smik said:
Thank god :)

Also its really sad whats happening with Warzone and Execution numbers
I'll go in more now that I know I'll just be killed by some kid waiting around a corner to press R and then have to wait the rest of the round

JB1981

mickcenary said:
Hmm. I really don't get all the hate for the Gnasher's range. I think it's spot on.
It's perfect, vastly improved on game 2. Title Update 6 increased the range on the gnashed a ridiculous amount

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
wait, they fixed the SOS?

also, why is it moving to community?

Ballistik

LeonSKennedy90 said:
I just played Overpass, it was HoD/Mortor, same as always

Quickmatch, if that makes any difference
I think that's because the game has been running since before the update, so it hasn't been updated.

Idk why im telling you this on here when we're playing together right now.

Alienshogun said:
Boom/Digger no longer up at the top in sandbar. It's scorcher now.

Boom is now at HOD/Oneshot.

That's very interesting. I'm actually warming to Sandbar. If i can get my hands on the Longshot, it's one of the very few maps where I can relax and provide ample support whilst honing my skills. My Longshot abilities have improved exponentially in the last couple of days.

njean777

So wait a shotgun without slug rounds (gnasher), we are perfectly fine with being able to down people from 12+ feet, but with the SOS we had to be right in front of the person, or the person could be like at max 3-4ft away we hate? WTF I am at a loss for words. BTW I am not talking about the gib range, I am talking about the damage ratio to distance. The gnasher can do a considerable amount of damage from 12+ feet away almost negating the lancer user from doing anything against it.

kiryani

I got hate mail from a sawed off user :O

I nemesis'd him 5 games in a row, just keeping my distance and lancering his face off, he messaged me to go and play cod if I'm gonna play with fag guns and not get up close :3

njean777 said:
So wait a shotgun without slug rounds (gnasher), we are perfectly fine with being able to down people from 12+ feet, but with the SOS we had to be right in front of the person, or the person could be like at max 3-4ft away we hate? WTF I am at a loss for words. BTW I am not talking about the gib range, I am talking about the damage ratio to distance. The gnasher can do a considerable amount of damage from 12+ feet away almost negating the lancer user from doing anything against it.

Nope, blind fire is better than ever on the lancer and active reload sweetens the deal, The gnasher is fine. If the SOS tweaks works as i hope then gears should play great.

Jaguar

Best news I've heard in a long time. Just got done playing and didn't notice any of the changes to the Sawed-Off or the maps (Sandbar)

Once I see the improvements for myself, I'll definitely buy that Season Pass.

Good shit Epic.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
kiryani said:
I got hate mail from a sawed off user :O

I nemesis'd him 5 games in a row, just keeping my distance and lancering his face off, he messaged me to go and play cod if I'm gonna play with fag guns and not get up close :3

Yeah, somehow the lancer is a noob weapon now.

I lol at them.

Rimfya

Banned
Retro > All.

I like how the three AR's force you to play very different. I hated the Retro because I was playing like it was a lancer. Change your game to suit the weapon. Love it.

njean777 said:

B-b-b-b-but it takes skill!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom