• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez

njean777 said:
Shouldn't be in his spawn, they don't want people to spawn camp.

lol, the spawns are terrible in this game, probably the worst of any AAA MP game I've ever played. Playing Mercy KOTH last night and it spawned me and the other team together at least 5 times in the ink grenade/pistol stairs area.

SOS still kills the game for me, the nerf is pretty much non existent in my time playing since the nerf. I got gibbed from the snipe stairs on Gridlock and I was down beside the truck at grenades. I'm guessing it's latency, which the game does a good job of hiding. Stunning that one single weapon could completely kill any interest I have in playing the game, but I don't see myself playing much more after next week unless they offer up some kind of classic playlist.

njean777

Ramirez said:
lol, the spawns are terrible in this game, probably the worst of any AAA MP game I've ever played. Playing Mercy KOTH last night and it spawned me and the other team together at least 5 times in the ink grenade/pistol stairs area.

SOS still kills the game for me, the nerf is pretty much non existent in my time playing since the nerf. I got gibbed from the snipe stairs on Gridlock and I was down beside the truck at grenades. I'm guessing it's latency, which the game does a good job of hiding. Stunning that one single weapon could completely kill any interest I have in playing the game, but I don't see myself playing much more after next week unless they offer up some kind of classic playlist.

The SOS was nerfed pretty hard, it may just be your internet or something, but I have noticed that it does not kill as easily as it once did. You should probably stop rushing, and stay back and take a view of the battlefield before deciding what you are gonna do. If anything the SOS stops the rushing and makes you think about what you need to do, which is mainly bait them out of their hiding spot.

The spawns are not to bad for me, I have never had a problem with them. Unless my team are being complete idiots and stand in the spawn.

Yeah, SOS got nerfed hard. I have noticed though that the spawn points have been a lil more whackier than usual where I just spawned and the opposition spawned in the same area a few seconds after me.

And I have a green skin code that I'm looking to trade for a Mechanic Baird or Savage Kantus or Grenadier. PM me if interested.

TRios Zen

njean777 said:
The SOS was nerfed pretty hard, it may just be your internet or something, but I have noticed that it does not kill as easily as it once did. You should probably stop rushing, and stay back and take a view of the battlefield before deciding what you are gonna do. If anything the SOS stops the rushing and makes you think about what you need to do, which is mainly bait them out of their hiding spot.

The spawns are not to bad for me, I have never had a problem with them. Unless my team are being complete idiots and stand in the spawn.

I am by no means a spawn camper, but I do move freely around the board when necessary and I've had teams spawn with or around me numerous times. Now you can listen for the audio cues "we have enemy reinforcements", to try to avoid it, for sure, but there is a problem with folks leaving the spawn area and still being invincible.

I can dig the need for spawn protection, but I don't think it should last once you leave the spawn area. The only maps this would be difficult to implement on are probably Hotel and Mercy, which have relatively open spawn areas.

Nori Chan

Alcoholikaust said:
Insta gib mutator...Wreaking Locust Vengence Achievement...MAYBE?
Well it's kinda hard to get kills by wretches when you're getting blown up by troikas, silverbacks, and everything. :|

And if they were doing the achievement why were they only playing with tickers and wretches?

Ramirez

njean777 said:

Ah, you're one of those guys that never sees any of the problems that 90% of the other population do, no point in arguing with someone like that.

Thanks for the pro tips though.

LosDaddie

Banned
MjFrancis said:
I saw you were watching stuff, so I decided not to bother you. Hopefully tonight! I still need to co-op all of Act V and I've only got the first three chapters of the Act in Hardcore.

Yeah man. I'm right at the beginning of Act 5.

MjFrancis said:
I also need to 4-player co-op the last few chapters of Act I in addition to everything I need to do in Act V. Then I need to get everything but the first few chapter of Act I in Insane. That way I can say I beat the hell out of this game, inside and out, lol.

That's my plan too. AFter I get done with my "proper" campaign playthrough, I plan on going through it on Insane with some mutators and get all the collectables I've missed. I don't think I'll be able to get the 4player co-op cheevo though.

njean777

Ramirez said:
Ah, you're one of those guys that never sees any of the problems that 90% of the other population do, no point in arguing with someone like that.

Thanks for the pro tips though.

Nope, plenty of gansher lovers on here have said the SOS is much better now, you are one of the few left still complaining. So...

Also no point in arguing? Isn't the whole point of arguing with somebody, is when they have a different viewpoint? LOL

Ballistik

Mikasangelos said:
is it also timed after a spawn?
Well it could work with the current 6 second timer for TDM. I know Koth needs a little more fixing with the spawning system, but for TDM, I think that the problem could be alleviated as long as you can attack back if you're being shot at.

Ramirez

njean777 said:
Nope, plenty of gansher lovers on here have said the SOS is much better now, you are one of the few left still complaining. So...

lol, I still regularly get gibbed way out of melee range with it, how can I not complain about it?

Just give me a classic playlist so the scrubs can get their free cheap kills, and I can actually play a good videogame.

MjFrancis

LosDaddie said:
That's my plan too. AFter I get done with my "proper" campaign playthrough, I plan on going through it on Insane with some mutators and get all the collectables I've missed. I don't think I'll be able to get the 4player co-op cheevo though.
You might be surprised how easy it is to get 4-player co-op in Arcade. I just started and/or joined lobbies to get all of Acts II - IV. They just fill right up with randoms. Arcade is the preeminent way to play the campaign after a solo run.

Hell, it was fun playing parts of Act I & II in a private Arcade session only to have K-Dash pop in. I had no idea people on your friend's list could just pop in on a private session in Arcade. It was pretty freaking cool, and many grubs were killed and good times had by all.

Arjen

Milly79 said:
What is the best map for horde?

And can people still JIP horde? I haven't seen it happen lately at all.

Overpas is the best imho.
Nope only in private, they removed social horde :(

njean777

Ramirez said:
lol, I still regularly get gibbed way out of melee range with it, how can I not complain about it?

Just give me a classic playlist so the scrubs can get their free cheap kills, and I can actually play a good videogame.

Like I said it may be your internet speed, or the dedicated servers may have been down. Plenty of people have said the gib range is reduced, most of them were the ones complaining. You just do not like the weapon at all, thats fine, but it is not OP nor cheap. IF you watched your corners or back you wouldn't be gibbed so easily. Gears of War 2 is still online so if you want to play the same game from 2 years ago, its there for you.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Ramirez said:

What's weird is some people swear there has been a change and others swear Epic is just messing with us. I use the SOS a lot. To me, nothing has changed whatsoever. I still run up to guys and gib them from my usual distance. One of my friends said he definitely feels the change.

Ballistik

Ramirez said:

Played a couple of Koth matches yesterday, I can definitely feel the difference. (Or it's just a placebo effect!) Lots of times I simply get minor damage and then they run away to reload. Don't get me wrong, the problem is still there, I still don't like the gun, but seems the problem has been toned down. Which is probably the most we'll get until a classic playlist.

TRios Zen

Ballistik said:
Well it could work with the current 6 second timer for TDM. I know Koth needs a little more fixing with the spawning system, but for TDM, I think that the problem could be alleviated as long as you can attack back if you're being shot at.

Well I was chainsawed last night by a guy coming out of spawn, so this probably wouldn't have helped me (I posted couple posts above this one with my issue); but I will admit that that would be the exception not the rule.

Removing spawn protection once they fired would definitely be a step in the right direction.

Ramirez

njean777 said:
Like I said it may be your internet speed, or the dedicated servers may have been down. Plenty of people have said the gib range is reduced, most of them were the ones complaining. You just do not like the weapon at all, thats fine, but it is not OP nor cheap. IF you watched your corners or back you wouldn't be gibbed so easily. Gears of War 2 is still online so if you want to play the same game from 2 years ago, its there for you.

Must be everyone's internet speed that I play with then! All of the people I play with still see no difference in it, and we have a guy who uses it all the time above me saying it's virtually the same, lol.

Who said anything about Gears of War 2? You're not even making sense.

Played a couple of Koth matches yesterday, I can definitely feel the difference. (Or it's just a placebo effect!) Lots of times I simply get minor damage and then they run away to reload. Don't get me wrong, the problem is still there, I still don't like the gun, but seems the problem has been toned down. Which is probably the most we'll get until a classic playlist.

This is more at what I'm getting at, tone the range down a tad all you want, it doesn't take away the fact that people do not even have to aim with the thing to get 20 free kills every match. I just want a classic playlist, I don't think that's too much to ask for.

Lothars

Ramirez said:
Must be everyone's internet speed that I play with then! All of the people I play with still see no difference in it, and we have a guy who uses it all the time above me saying it's virtually the same, lol.
I was playing last night and the Sawed Off was definitely changed, so I don't know what to tell you but it is changed.

lush

Why exactly did they remove Social Horde? Join in progress would be pretty great. I mean, it worked pretty well in Gears of War 2.

Ramirez

Lothars said:
I was playing last night and the Sawed Off was definitely changed, so I don't know what to tell you but it is changed.

Well, I'm glad that's settled. I guess me getting gibbed from the top of snipe stairs to the bottom near the nades truck on Gridlock was in my imagination.

I wish this game had saved films...

njean777

Ramirez said:

Who said anything about Gears of War 2? You're not even making sense.

This is more at what I'm getting at, tone the range down a tad all you want, it doesn't take away the fact that people do not even have to aim with the thing to get 20 free kills every match. I just want a classic playlist, I don't think that's too much to ask for.

You are complaining about the SOS changing the game and you not liking it, so I said go play Gears 2 if you want it out of your life, it solves both of our problems. You complaining about something that is not cheap, and me having to tell you it has been nerfed. :)

Ramirez

njean777 said:
You are complaining about the SOS changing the game and you not liking it, so I said go play Gears 2 if you want it out of your life, it solves both of our problems. You complaining about something that is not cheap, and me having to tell you it has been nerfed. :)

I don't want the game to play like either previous Gears game, I think the game is brilliant aside from that one thing.

If I bother you that much, put me on ignore. All I can attest to is my personal experience, and I'm still getting gibbed at stupid ranges with the thing.

Arjen

Ramirez said:
Well, I'm glad that's settled. I guess me getting gibbed from the top of snipe stairs to the bottom near the nades truck on Gridlock was in my imagination.

It was probably laggy then, i had the same thing last night, but i could tell i wasns't on dedi's.
Lag and SOS users is the worst combo ever.

Lothars

Ramirez said:

I never said you didn't see that or your wrong but I was just saying it has changed. neither of us are going to change each others mind.

njean777

Ramirez said:
I don't want the game to play like either previous Gears game, I think the game is brilliant aside from that one thing.

If I bother you that much, put me on ignore. All I can attest to is my personal experience, and I'm still getting gibbed at stupid ranges with the thing.

I am not gonna put you on ignore, you are allowed to have your own opinion. Just don't get angry when somebody argues against it. Not that you were getting mad, but just saying.

Ramirez

Arjen said:
It was probably laggy then, i had the same thing last night, but i could tell i wasns't on dedi's.
Lag and SOS users is the worst combo ever.

It's very probable, but it wasn't just that one game. The game does a good job of hiding lag compared to the past titles, so it's hard to tell.

To me though, if a weapon is that broken in non dedicated server matches, shouldn't it raise some design flags when you're making the game? lol

Arjen

Milly79 said:
That makes no sense... Considering how many people QUIT out of horde.

Yep, i don't get it either, it worked perfect in Gears 2
I was lucky enough to make it to 50 with randoms, but that only happens once in a blue moon

Spawn protection should instantly drop and dissapear once you start to shoot, aka once you get into combat and fire back your spawn protection is none.

So many times I have seen someone rodie run instantly from spawn with 6 seconds of protection, using it to their advantage like a portable shield.

Jaguar

Yeah, once you start attacking someone, your spawn protection should drop.

I thought it was that way in Gears 2 but guess not.

The only instances where I've noticed the SOS nerf have been those wherein it simply SHOULD have gib'd me. As in, he got the drop on me and was basically right next to me and his aim definitely looked on. Quite hilarious; I can just picture the poor bastard on the other end raging as I would be.

Alienshogun said:
At this point I think people just need to use their rifles more.

I'd be fine if nothing else in the game was touched. (weapon wise)

My most used weapons are rifles and I do fine.

my issue is that on equal footing the SoS still beats the Gnasher close range, and that the current nerfs have not affected any of the obnoxious behavior SoS users still engage in

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
computers putin' said:

my issue is that on equal footing the SoS still beats the Gnasher close range, and that the current nerfs have not affected any of the obnoxious behavior SoS users still engage in

SOS is supposed to beat gnasher close range. That's never going to change.

The imbalance was how far the SOS gibbed, that's been resolved. Now you and others are asking for too much.

Engage from further out with your gnasher if you want to win.

leng jai

computers putin' said:

Er of course the SoS beats the gnasher at close range, thats the point of the weapon.

Alienshogun said:

The imbalance was how far the SOS gibbed, that's been resolved. Now you and others are asking for too much.

Gnasher seems useless still, i get i need to engage from further away but its not helping at all. my shots are not only not gibbing their doing NOTHING. its like host advantage all over again.

Same distance apart i shoot.. nothing
he shoots i die.

I Have 50mb down 5mb up internet connection so thats not a problem

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
StalkerUKCG said:
Gnasher seems useless still, i get i need to engage from further away but its not helping at all. my shots are not only not gibbing their doing NOTHING. its like host advantage all over again.

Same distance apart i shoot.. nothing
he shoots i die.

I Have 50mb down 5mb up internet connection so thats not a problem

Could be lag, could be him pulling the trigger before you, could be you're missing.

Could be a lot of things.

Gnasher is far from useless though.

Gnasher is awesome, I sucked with it in gears 2 and was ok with it in 1 but in this game I never really feel robbed or abused using it or going against it, up close insta gibs are less random now also which helps.

Memories of me hard aiming at the back of someones head in gears 1 point blank to not gib them, fun times...

Active gnasher in gears 3 is a sniper rifle, abuse it.

Jrmint

Loving the SoS nerf. Won a few one on ones tonight that I know I woulda been gibbed previously.

I love when they shoot it and realize it didn't kill me and then start running and I destroy them with the Gnasher/Lancer.

Alienshogun said:

You mean that razor thin margin were the gnasher is more effective than the SoS? That same range were the Gnasher is outclassed by the Retro Lancer?I'm going to compare the Gnasher to the SoS in terms of close range combat because that's were it's still most viable at. Point is, the gnasher has no dominate range, instead it's decent in a few ranges where most of the other weapons are weak outside of their intended range. Problem with that though, is that it makes the gnasher impractical to use in most situations considering there is usually a better option available, thats the problem.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
computers putin' said:
You mean that razor thin margin were the gnasher is more effective than the SoS? That same range were the Gnasher is outclassed by the Retro Lancer? Look, I'm going to compare the Gnasher to the SoS in terms of close range combat because that's were it's still most viable at. Point is, the gnasher has no dominate range, instead it's decent in a few ranges where most of the other weapons are weak outside of their intended range, problem with that though, is that it makes the gnasher impractical to use in most situations considering there is usually a better option available, thats the problem.

Stopped reading there. I'm not going to argue with hyperbole.

P.S A gnasher in cover dominates a retro, just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom