• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alienshogun said:
Stopped reading there. I'm not going to argue with hyperbole.

P.S A gnasher in cover dominates a retro, just sayin'.

Hyperbole how? I don't wan't to counter anecdotal evidence with anecdotal evidence, so until somebody counters me with hard numbers i'll go with what I'm experiencing.

and I thought you didn't read the rest of my post? :p

Grisby

Welp, it's taking ages to level up now. I think I'll just stop at 69 and wait for an xp weekend.

Haven't beaten horde mode yet so I'd be up for that this weekend if anyone wants to.

Lima

StalkerUKCG said:
Can the exp rewards go back to normal? i dislike playing 6-8 games and not even being close to the next level.

Leveling is way faster than in gears 2 and it takes less to get to level 100. There is no reason to complain.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Lima said:
Leveling is way faster than in gears 2 and it takes less to get to level 100. There is no reason to complain.

The ones complaining probably were going to jump ship this month/next month anyway to be honest.

The rest is a result of the entitlement generation where everyone feels like shit is owed to them and they want it all right now.

Robot Pants said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tce-U-p9eyE

I'm down for Insane Horde this weekend.

GT: PHANT0M LIMBS

In a game that has so many close range batlles, it's pretty blatant how poorly balanced this weapon is in comparison to the gnasher. But apparently you shouldn't use the gnasher as a shotgun so it's a moot comparsion. Rather, use it as some psuedo single fire battle rifle at mid range...... even though there are actual assualt rifle's in the game to take it's place.......

Alienshogun said:
The ones complaining probably were going to jump ship this month/next month anyway to be honest.

The rest is a result of the entitlement generation where everyone feels like shit is owed to them and they want it all right now.

Not jumping ship and not an entitlement thing, i just dont approve of the fact people who devoted more time to the game early on got the most of the exp, we where never told it was going to go down if i was told id of put more time into it.

At the end of the day ranks mean nothing to epic only to the player i dont see any just reason to cut the exp rewards per game. I was lvl 100 in gears 2 i know how long it takes but i figured with exp weekends being as successful as they where epic would maintain the high exp rewards.

Robot Pants said:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tce-U-p9eyE" target="_blank" title="Go To The YouTube Page" class="ypg">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tce-U-p9eyE</a>

I'm down for Insane Horde this weekend.

GT: PHANT0M LIMBS

LOL
I needed a good laugh

Ballistik

overcast said:
Finally getting this in the B2G1 free sale. Can't wait.
You can find us in the Community section :D

I'm going to do horde this weekend, possibly today. My first 1-50 run! I've done matchmaking but never get past 30 the 4-5 times I've done it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
StalkerUKCG said:
Not jumping ship and not an entitlement thing, i just dont approve of the fact people who devoted more time to the game early on got the most of the exp, we where never told it was going to go down if i was told id of put more time into it.

At the end of the day ranks mean nothing to epic only to the player i dont see any just reason to cut the exp rewards per game. I was lvl 100 in gears 2 i know how long it takes but i figured with exp weekends being as successful as they where epic would maintain the high exp rewards.

Actually, they did tell us. I even made a post about it before the game even launched if I remember right.

overcast

Ballistik said:
I probably won't jump online until november. Only because I need to beat Arkham City first. I'll pop in there eventually. Very excited to play this online. Fiending for some Gears. I wasn't impressed by the Gears 2 online (still played it a lot), but the 1st was a classic.

Korosenai

I dont use the sos, but i think its perfect now. It does what its intended to do, and if it were tweaked to lower range anymore it would be useless. If you get killed by a guy camping with one, its your fault. Just back up, spot him for your team, or move on.

I just noticed that the thread is moving on friday. why does moving a thread always significantly kills the amount of people that post? I hate that, it's like a death sentence.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
StalkerUKCG said:
Why was that a bad thing?, Did they assume once people hit 100 they would stop playing?

That's a pretty good assumption. There's a lot to be said for the carrot on the stick effect.

I'm personally thinking, if they are smart, they will add some kind of progression post 100.

Alienshogun said:
That's a pretty good assumption. There's a lot to be said for the carrot on the stick effect.

I'm personally thinking, if they are smart, they will add some kind of progression post 100.

I agree, i still think with the multiple unlocks and the i assume the potential for dlc to add unlocks that quick level progression wasnt a bad thing. Its more dishearting to play a fairly decent ammount of games below level 50 and get nowhere in terms of progression.

On a side note. im joiningg games mid game and spawning as my prefered character right away have the fixed this?

feel

Sometimes the SOS fails to gib me at distances that it used to, and sometimes it succeeds.. it's weird. I think it's related to it being p2p or dedi maybe.

mysticwhip said:
I just noticed that the thread is moving on friday. why does moving a thread always significantly kills the amount of people that post? I hate that, it's like a death sentence.
Halo thread in Community has what seems like hundreds of active members with new ones being added with each new wave of juniors despite being all the way over there on the back of gaf and the current halo multiplayer by far the worst ever. If there really is a gearsgaf, this thread will be fine there.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
StalkerUKCG said:
I agree, i still think with the multiple unlocks and the i assume the potential for dlc to add unlocks that quick level progression wasnt a bad thing. Its more dishearting to play a fairly decent ammount of games below level 50 and get nowhere in terms of progression.

On a side note. im joiningg games mid game and spawning as my prefered character right away have the fixed this?

It was just probably already loaded in that match.

Alienshogun said:
It was just probably already loaded in that match.
Pretty odd i mean so far its been characters that are fairly rare online.

Adam fenix/com dom/savage theron. None of the current players have been using them

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Letters said:
Sometimes the SOS fails to gib me at distances that it used to, and sometimes it succeeds.. it's weird. I think it's related to it being p2p or dedi maybe.

Halo thread in Community has what seems like hundreds of active members with new ones being added with each new wave of juniors despite being all the way over there on the back of gaf and the current halo multiplayer by far the worst ever. If there really is a gearsgaf, this thread will be fine there.

This.

Ballistik said:

I'm going to do horde this weekend, possibly today. My first 1-50 run! I've done matchmaking but never get past 30 the 4-5 times I've done it.

If you have a free spot when you do it, lmk. I still have yet to get to 50. Same as you, with randoms I get to about 30ish.

Plasmid

Alienshogun said:

IT'S MY EXPERIENCE, AND I NEED IT NOW!

Alienshogun said:

lv100 isn't really the so called "end game" goal for gears3. i think the onxy metals(seriously 3.0) fill that role much better. it's just too bad they didn't realize frequent players were going to hit 100 before the year was out.

2th

Banned
Alienshogun said:
People were leveling too fast.

found out today that TDM was giving people something like 2 and a half times the amount of XP they were wanting people to get. So yeah Im glad they normalized things.

Ballistik

ShadyLurker said:
If you have a free spot when you do it, lmk. I still have yet to get to 50. Same as you, with randoms I get to about 30ish.
How about in like an hour? Saw the medals and now I got encouraged to do it on insane. I have 4 friends coming over and we're going to splitscreen. Can you make it?

Lima

Ballistik said:
How about in like an hour? Saw the medals and now I got encouraged to do it on insane. I have 4 friends coming over and we're going to splitscreen. Can you make it?

I'm in if you have space. Also have all of the mutators if you want to turn any on them on playing insane(and you want some of them lol)

Ballistik said:

Yeah, for sure. Just send me an invite when you are. I think you have me on your friends list. GT is ShadyLerker.

2th

Banned
Noriega said:
Aw, fuck. I missed the insane horde run :(

i was thinking of doing it this weekend. super active reloads and infinite ammo only. shit will be impossible otherwise.

also i have heard that if you get the bigger explosions mutator you should never turn it on while playing on Insane. Gunkers and the Lambent Berserker will basically kill you anywhere on the map when they die. doesnt matter if you are behind a wall... the explosion is THAT big lol

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Pretty sure the only thing Epic nerfed with the Sawed-Off is the description.

For the love of everything that is sane and holy, just nerf the damn weapon so it's useless beyond melee range.

The damn thing can take out all 5 opponents with one shot, is that not good enough for you, Epic? Put your ego aside for one second and actually nerf it.

Fuck.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
_dementia said:
What's the best way to farm cleaver kills for the execution?

If you're wanting the achievement just do it in campaign, otherwise unless you can make it a pickup in custom vs (I don't think you can), the only way is in horde.

Lunchbox

Banned
Domino Theory said:
Pretty sure the only thing Epic nerfed with the Sawed-Off is the description.

For the love of everything that is sane and holy, just nerf the damn weapon so it's useless beyond melee range.

The damn thing can take out all 5 opponents with one shot, is that not good enough for you, Epic? Put your ego aside for one second and actually nerf it.

Fuck.
well balanced game, melee range, alreadygotyourmoneywedontgiveashit, buy more skins sucker

Ballistik

ShadyLurker said:
Yeah, for sure. Just send me an invite when you are. I think you have me on your friends list. GT is ShadyLerker.
Hey im sorry for the delay, my friend recovered his account to my memory stick and somehow ended up corrupting both his and my account. Currently recovering my account. :/

Ugh it takes AGES on my xbox.

Teknoman

Finally beat campaign, nice to have a trilogy that has a true final ending. It would have been nice to have one of those
some time later/rebuilding
style scenes before or after the credits though.

Now I can step into the multiplayer world.

Ballistik said:
Hey im sorry for the delay, my friend recovered his account to my memory stick and somehow ended up corrupting both his and my account. Currently recovering my account. :/

Ugh it takes AGES on my xbox.

No problem, be careful with that recovering stuff. Messes up saves a lot.

dk_

Alienshogun said:
If you're wanting the achievement just do it in campaign, otherwise unless you can make it a pickup in custom vs (I don't think you can), the only way is in horde.
I'm pretty sure campaign kills don't count towards the execution unlock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom