• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShogunX

CliffyB said:
Immersion is a big issue for the story. Suggest going through first in cinematic, then point hunting.

Any idea if the Gears season pass is tied to the console or just the account that bought it? Oh and will the Pre order skins be available as DLC in the future?

Raxus

CliffyB said:
Immersion is a big issue for the story. Suggest going through first in cinematic, then point hunting.
Also, arcade mode resets your weapons inbetween chapters according to GT. Hopefully they can patch that.

Arnie

Love Edge's concluding paragraphs:

Edge said:
That conventional wisdom about dinosaur brain size? Mostly fallacious. Because the T-Rex had to hunt its prey on the run, it evolved excellent eyesight and a large brain. The conclusion of the Gears trilogy exhibits a similarly accomplished blend of might, scale and evolutionary rightness.

CliffyB

Playah
Raxus said:
Also, arcade mode resets your weapons inbetween chapters according to GT. Hopefully they can patch that.

By design, so each section can be matched against others scores as contained runs for the leaderboards.

Arnie

CliffyB said:
By design, so each section can be matched against others scores as contained runs for the leaderboards.
Any reason fans of the first game who got Seriously aren't rewarded but fans of the second who obtained VG were? They both had their issues glitch wise, which is the common explanation given by some here.

-PXG-

I will replace the shitty "placeholder" text with actual graphic banners later. The unlock list and review links will remain in default GAF text, so it's easy to read, edit and able to keep the spoiler tags enabled.

I will also add ResidentDante's new batch of avatars as well. Sometime today (or whenever I get time/feel like it) I will make even more of my own. I might even add my Gears 3 wallpapers and custom 360 covers too...

The Wise Old Man said:
Anyone know if Steve Jablonsky did the OST for this? His score for GOW2 was pretty sick.
Yes, Jablonsky does the Gears 3 score.

Too bad in my opinion, I largely prefer Riepl's style.

EDIT: Haha, what PXG said. :)

Seth Balmore said:
Yes, Jablonsky does the Gears 3 score.

Too bad in my opinion, I largely prefer Riepl's style.

EDIT: Haha, what PXG said. :)

Riepl's was good and sorta spooky. It had a haunting quality to it. Jablonsky's was more epic. Both stand up pretty well, IMO.

-PXG-

TheOddOne said:
I wish they could have just gotten both composers, in a way they compliment eachother.

Jablonsky is flat and repetitive. Riepl has variation and conveys solid emotions. There's a certain weight in his music that Jablonsky has failed to establish. His stuff isn't bad, but it doesn't blow me away.

TheOddOne

-PXG- said:
Jablonsky is flat and repetitive. Riepl has variation and conveys solid emotions. There's a certain weight in his music that Jablonsky has failed to establish. His stuff isn't bad, but it doesn't blow me away.
Really? I thought OST for Gear 2 was pretty epic. The only critism I have is that nothing is memorable, while fine, It doesn't have the punch as the first one had. Still when your playing trought Gears 2, the music is still awesome (weird, I know).

aDDiKt24

Banned
May be a silly question but does Horde 2.0 operate on the dedicated servers? So if I start a private Horde 2.0 game with some friend/s will it be a decent connection for everyone?

-PXG-

ykDYZ.jpg

Raxus

CliffyB said:
Fair enough.

Anyone setting up groups for day one Co-op sessions? After an exam and the gym I am going to pick this up so I will be on all day starting at ~1PM EST.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
My hype skyrocketed after Gametrailers' review. Damn, Dom's a farmer?

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Raxus said:
The lambent are ruining his tomatoes. Those bastards.
It never works out for the guy :(

Also, I'm glad Jim Sterling is still being a horrible troll.

Mohonky

That gametrailers review footage was 'holy shit' worthy. Did not think the game would look that good and the extra modes epic have gone through with look awesome. Massively hyped.

I just hope that as an aussie the multiplayer doesnt turn into a lag fuckfest that it was in gears 2. The beta was very smooth, so im hoping its as good if not better. If it is, i will be playing this for a very long time.

Raxus

Dr Eggman said:
Also, I'm glad Jim Sterling is still being a horrible troll.
While the other reviews point out (possibly) legitimate flaws I love destructoids two main negatives were:

1) Not enough memorable experiences. Like the giant fish boss, lambent berserker, and many other spoiler heavy things were NOT ENOUGH. Where is the lame Corpser boss from the first game Epic. That was purdy good.
/troll

2) I suck with the shotgun despite the undeniable boost to the distance game. Wahhhhhhh.

h3ro

-PXG- said:
Press sure know how to play this game in the most boring ways possible. lol

How are they playing it?

I'm avoiding reviews, I know what this game is and the beta was all I needed to confirm that.

skyfinch

Wow, I'm blown away by the graphics from the gametrailers review. I really thought that Epic squeezed out everything they could out of the Xbox with Gears 2, but Gears 3 looks so much better.

-PXG- said:
Press sure know how to play this game in the most boring ways possible. lol
Always ends up like this for big games, the reviews get harsher to go against the crowd. Allthough I haven't played the storymode yet, I can't see how this game will end up lower than 9/10 in my eyes. The smoother, faster controls, the colourful, vibrant, graphics and fantasic animation, I just can't wait to play the campaign with three others!

Hixx

Horde mode on Hotel looks like it will be phenomenal. All the lighting from the lambent in the dark looked astonishing in the GT review.

AEREC

upJTboogie said:
Fantastic scores all around, nice, although still cautious because Gears 2 did get those same amazing scores.

Well Gears 2 was still good aside from the multiplayer problems which were not taken into account during the reviews.

Raxus

AEREC said:
Well Gears 2 was still good aside from the multiplayer problems which were not taken into account during the reviews.
The driving segments, aside from the brumak, were pretty awful.

bumpkin

Dyno said:
g3avy6pumg.jpg

Nice Avatars people! Thank you.
You're at least the third person other than myself who I've seen claim this particular avatar. It's like we're all brothers from another mother.

I've been playing Gears 1 SP in anticipation for this. Shouldn't have traded in Gears 2 after college. :/

Oh well, only a couple of more days left. Also, Hotel looks like the most impressive MP map so far. It sure is pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom