• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

aegies

Domino Theory said:
Thanks for the replies. Another concern:

In the Giantbomb QL and other leaked videos, it seemed like all these dudes with an early copy were already level 20+. Is this just an offline thing or is the leveling really that fast now? :/

The better you do, the faster you level. Some of us at the review event did better than others. I was 19 or so when I walked out of the event. I imagine Jeff did pretty well too, since he's, you know, good at games.

zlatko

Banned
Domino Theory said:

In the Giantbomb QL and other leaked videos, it seemed like all these dudes with an early copy were already level 20+. Is this just an offline thing or is the leveling really that fast now? :/

You level from everything in Gears 3, offline or online, but even in Gears of War 2 getting to level 50 is a walk in the park and goes super fast. The grind sets in 50+, and really takes its tole in the 70's.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Domino Theory said:

You level up in every mode, so that helps contribute to that.

snack said:
mechanicbaird-cl3jdvl.png

Snagged this. Thanks, ResidentDante!
ergo said:
savagedrone-cl3tfvf.png

Get n got! Thanks, dude!
No prob!

Mihael Mello Keehl said:
damn mechanic baird looks crazy as hell with those goggles on lol..
Lol, I know. I also like the Locust sniper with the goggles, the designer must have laughed when he put those goggles on that Locust face!

Edit:
Volimar said:
Yoink! Great job with the avatars once again!
Thanks!

abracadaver said:
How does leveling up in campaign work ?? Do you see a rank up message every few minutes ??
No, it's not intrusive at all. You get a results and level up screen after you quit the campaign session you're playing.

Not the case in Arcade, where you get a results screen after you finish each chapter.

cresto

Has it been mentioned if there is any real bonus to installing versus running the optical drive? Either way I plan to install to save my drive and also so its quieter!

Edit: Also...I'm considering the newer network adapter with the multi channel crap. Is it worth it for gears 3? What i have is pretty slow at the moment. I wish I could hard wire my connection but it's not possible.

Domino Theory said:

I've seen level 60+ people online, lol

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
ResidentDante said:
What type of DVD's are these, more than dual layer which are 9 gig?

it's still a DVD, Microsoft just removed/changed their security stuff so there's some extra space on the disc or something

JambiBum

Phonomezer said:
Eurogamer and Destructoid... the same olds.
I follow Sterling on twitter just to laugh at him. He just flew through the campaign and played a few rounds of each mode in order to get his review done by tonight. How can you review a game like that? The rest of destructoids reviewers are good. I just can't stand him.

demolitio

I wish there were more contests out there to win a 360 and Gears 3. I didn't have much time to play Gears 2 before I had to sell the console, lol.

MikeDub said:
Watching the GB quicklook, is the change to Trenches just a beast mode thing or is it across the board?
It's there for all gametypes, same for Thrashball's changes.

abracadaver said:
That wold totally suck for all those who got the game early
Only people who have the Veteran Gear achievement in Gears 2 (level 100) are screwed if they want their unlocks. I don't think there's any other consequence to playing before the update drops aside from missing out on some gold weapons.

Wurdfurd

The changes to Trenches and Thrashball are great. I'm so happy Epic had the balls to admit their shortcomings on those areas of the map, and change them for the better.

Day 0 cant come soon enough. Can't wait to play mp in Gears again

abracadaver

Seth Balmore said:
Only people who have the Veteran Gear achievement in Gears 2 (level 100) are screwed if they want their unlocks. I don't think there's any other consequence to playing before the update drops aside from missing out on some gold weapons.

I might get the game on saturday and I wont hesitate a second to put it in the box and play. Youre only missing out on 2 gold skins after all.

abracadaver said:
Has the patch been released yet ?
I hope it fixes the default character bug I've had a few times in MP. My default COG character is Samantha Byrne, but on the first round I sometimes get Marcus, with Samantha's voice and girlish grunts, so he sounds a bit soft :p

ResidentDante said:
I hope it fixes the default character bug I've had a few times in MP. My default COG character is Samantha Byrne, but on the first round I sometimes get Marcus, with Samantha's voice and girlish grunts, so he sounds a bit soft :p
whaaa??? o_0 what the hell? it better fix that mess!

Mihael Mello Keehl said:
whaaa??? o_0 what the hell? it better fix that mess!
Only the first round mind you and it hasn't happend often at all. Maybe 2-3 times, and I've played probably nearly 20 hours now. It got me the first time though, cause I couldn't understand why I didn't become the default character I had chosen under multiplayer in the options menu.

I believe the game says something like; "for the next round you will get your chosen character".

ResidentDante said:
I believe the game says something like; "for the next round you will get your chosen character".
I've gotten that too but no funny voice switcheroos yet. :)

That bug in the beta when the character models and the names are mixed up is still happening at full force, too.

ResidentDante said:
Only the first round mind you and it hasn't happend often at all. Maybe 2-3 times, and I've played probably nearly 20 hours now. It got me the first time though, cause I couldn't understand why I didn't become the default character I had chosen under multiplayer in the options menu.

I think I would be more mad about the voice mismatch than the character being the wrong one.

-PXG-

vodka-bull said:
I didn't want to know that Gridlock's been remade for Gears 3, thanks GAF.
Thus I'm ignoring this thread until I've seen everything of the game.
It was officially announced by Epic on their community blog. You have absolutely zero reason to to be upset about that.

-PXG-

Can someone repost or PM me links to reviews please. I want to add as many as I can, from big and small sites and add them to the OP. Thanks.

h3ro

vodka-bull said:
I didn't want to know that Gridlock's been remade for Gears 3, thanks GAF.
Thus I'm ignoring this thread until I've seen everything of the game.

Marcus is holding the Lancer in your avatar! I didn't wanna know what guns they have in this game WTF MAN

CliffyB

Playah
elektrixx said:
Apart from immersion, is there any reason not to play the whole game in Arcade mode instead of regular Campaign mode?

Immersion is a big issue for the story. Suggest going through first in cinematic, then point hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom