• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

LosDaddie

Banned
So, not trying to step on any mod's toes here (please don't ban me), but how is it that Gears 3 gets moved to Community is less than a month, while Resistance 3 is still in GAming?

I understand the Gears 3 thread was/is more active, but come on.

Jrmint

Alienshogun said:
I may have my onyx lancer this weekend, depends on how much I wanna grind.

I want/need that sexy beast.

Plus "Sir lancers a lot" lol.
Nice man. How close are you?

Also, any pictures of the Onyx weapon skins?

_dementia said:
It has pretty good range on it at least

That's about all you can say for it, but really you'll have more luck with lancer at range since it has a more rapid rate of fire and higher damage. You can't focus it but no big deal.

Anyways, as I've been trying out new weapons to unlock this medal or that I've found that I really dig the Retro Lancer, which at first I hated. I'm also getting used to the Gnasher, but server lag does crazy shit to that gun so I dunno...

Anyways, confessions of a noob. Friends and I are doing an insane run this Sunday and now that I have my infinite reload I think it will help quite a bit.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Noriega said:
god dammit another insane horde run im going to miss out on tonight

fuck me being social :mad:

Fuck social horde not being avaliable. :mad:

Also, is it just me or has Beast mode on normal become incredibly easy?

mbmonk

LosDaddie said:
So, not trying to step on any mod's toes here (please don't ban me), but how is it that Gears 3 gets moved to Community is less than a month, while Resistance 3 is still in GAming?

Why does it matter that this thread got moved to community?

Ramirez

LosDaddie said:

Communities can flourish in this forum, mods rarely check the topics, and a group of tight knit players can talk about whatever on top of their Gears playing. :p

Ballistik

Ramirez said:
Communities can flourish in this forum, mods rarely check the topics, and a group of tight knit players can talk about whatever on top of their Gears playing. :p
They probably feel gaming side is very important, and having this thread bumped by the same small amount of people isn't worth it, along with the topics of discussion which are rarely campaign related or "impressions "

Gears is all about community, but I guess it would settle everyone from asking if a mod would just post a simple reply to answer everyone's questions.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ballistik said:
They probably feel gaming side is very important, and having this thread bumped by the same small amount of people isn't worth it, along with the topics of discussion which are rarely campaign related or "impressions "

Gears is all about community, but I guess it would settle everyone from asking if a mod would just post a simple reply to answer everyone's questions.

Well, the next topic that's Gears related and news worthy would be the DLC release, if anyone really wanted to push it, but to be honest people are blowing this shit out of proportion.

The game is good, the community will last so long as those here let it. Gears 2 had a tight knit community (although not on GAF) long after its release.

The life/death of Gearsgaf is entirely up to us to sustain, it will be no one elses fault (mods or anyone) except ours if this thread dies cold and alone.

Full Recovery said:
No, that would be the gorgon pistol. Ink is a close second.

Gorgon destroys with an active, and if you think ink is useless, you're not using it correctly.

mbmonk

Alienshogun said:
Gorgon destroys with an active, and if you think ink is useless, you're not using it correctly.

I love both of these weapons.

EDIT: Does this work?
A widely used solution to the above two statements is to pair a Smoke Grenade and Ink Grenade together as proximity mines. Plant the two grenades close to one another (enough so that they will both be tripped at the same time when an enemy runs past). When a player runs by, he or she will be knocked down and also be enveloped in a cloud of the poison - assuming that they weren't blasted to far away by the Smoke's concussion (and as such, it is advisible to use the combo in tight areas). By the time they recover from the blast of the Smoke, the Ink will have seriously injured or even downed him, making easy pickings for the opposing team.

That is purty damn slick... bubba

LosDaddie

Banned
mbmonk said:
Why does it matter that this thread got moved to community?

Never said it mattered. Only that I wish there was some consistency on the threads moved to Community, as we have Gears 3 already here while another popular MP game (R3) is still in Gaming.

I perfectly understand why Evilore made the decision to move popular MP games to Community. Those threads were taking up a lot of space on Gaming. It was a good decision, IMO.

But a move to Community means less traffic for the thread and, thus, less new members joining the discussion & gaming sessions. I would've liked Gears 3 to stay in Gaming as long as R3 has (and continues to be). Gears 3 is still fresh to a lot of gamers.

Ramirez said:

Yeah I know. The Halo and SSFIV threads are still active, and I was active in them....until I started playing other games. I'll be back though :)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
mbmonk said:
I love both of these weapons.

EDIT: Does this work?

That is purty damn slick... bubba

That's a gears 2 tip when smokes still ragdolled.

No, use the ink stun to get off a boom, snipe, gnash, AR fire etc.

Also use it to stun everyone in a dominant position while your team pushes in.

The stun on the ink is what's important.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
LosDaddie said:
Never said it mattered. Only that I wish there was some consistency on the threads moved to Community, as we have Gears 3 already here while another popular MP game (R3) is still in Gaming.

I perfectly understand why Evilore made the decision to move popular MP games to Community. Those threads were taking up a lot of space on Gaming. It was a good decision, IMO.

But a move to Community means less traffic for the thread and, thus, less new members joining the discussion & gaming sessions. I would've liked Gears 3 to stay in Gaming as long as R3 has (and continues to be). Gears 3 is still fresh to a lot of gamers.
Yup. Hella inconsistent. I've mentioned before, Minecraft still being in Gaming is some massssssssssssive bullshit and is really unfair compared to other games that sent to the graveyard quick.

mbmonk

EDIT: Removed

LosDaddie said:

I only asked the question why it matters. I never said/mentioned or suggested that you said it did. So I don't know why you made that statement.

Alienshogun said:
That's a gears 2 tip when smokes still ragdolled.

No, use the ink stun to get off a boom, snipe, gnash, AR fire etc.

Also use it to stun everyone in a dominant position while your team pushes in.

The stun on the ink is what's important.

Thank you for the clarification.

Falagard

I use the Hammerburst as my primary weapon to great effect. Aim down sites is awesome, great long range weapon. Takes a while to get used to.

adversesolutions said:
Finally got 100 hammerburst kills.

Never again.

WORST WEAPON IN THE GAME. Awful. Useless. Only good for getting your kills stolen. Ugh.

Wha? I dominate with that thing. Tear people up at any range. Active Reload just drops motherfuckers.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ballistik said:
Was it already mentioned that it says "Hardcore weekend" for next weekend on the in-game calendar? Anybody know what it is?

That's either the mode they mentioned pre launch that it's like 2 shots to kill someone (COD style), or it's their name for a classic playlist.

I'm betting on the classic playlist part.

The problem is, it may JUST be gnashers, or it could be what everyone is wanting.

That said, if it's actually the "classic" playlist, I'm sure it's to test its popularity.

P.S

If next weekend is "hardcore weekend" and you play this weekend, and tues, and have played every event since launch. You will have your gold cog by next weekend.

Ballistik said:
Was it already mentioned that it says "Hardcore weekend" for next weekend on the in-game calendar? Anybody know what it is?
I'm putting my money on that Hardcore difficulty for Public Horde & Beast weekend that Rod mentioned in his last stream. I'll be genuinely surprised if it has anything to do with a classic/hardcore playlist...

Rimfya

Banned
Skilotonn said:
I posted a link about this some days ago - if this happens to you, the first thing you do is make sure that you don't play anything that gains XP or else you'll reset the backup on the Microsoft servers - you had to immediately stop, delete the cache and redownload the update, and if that didn't work, you had to then do what you did. But if you played onward and earned XP, which I guess you did, then it's too late.

Level 48 isn't that far at all with this new XP system, and the game is only like three weeks out or something - if you're out already then it's up to you I guess.
What's the link?

I got reset to level 1 but it started unlocking stuff based on my game saves so it might have already over written my progress.

mbmonk

StalkerUKCG said:
Yall forgot about the scorcher

I love the scorcher (especially the execution). SOS users don't seem to want to run face first into a wall of fire in order to get into their highly desired insta-gib range.

Alienshogun said:
Time for some mother fucking spagettios.

Scorcher is much better than it was in beta. It's stopping power is insane, and the damage is nice.

I tend to stick with my lancer/gnasher combo. Ill grab a boomshot/digger/torque bow but everything else seems like for a power weapon the kill times are too long. Longshot maybe but i feel i have to use it for every kill once its in my hands and thats a problem some times.

Mulcher on trashball is pretty insane aswell.

razu

adversesolutions said:
Finally got 100 hammerburst kills.

Never again.

WORST WEAPON IN THE GAME. Awful. Useless. Only good for getting your kills stolen. Ugh.

It used to be the ultimate melee weapon, like smacking someone with a grand piano. Has that changed? I'm still Lancer/Gnasher...

razu said:
It used to be the ultimate melee weapon, like smacking someone with a grand piano. Has that changed?
Nope, it does standard melee damage. The only weapons with buffed melee damage are the Torque Bow and Retro Lancer, as far as I know... also, the Hammer of Dawn does a bit less than standard.

razu

Seth Balmore said:
Nope, it does standard melee damage. The only weapons with buffed melee damage are the Torque Bow and Retro Lancer, as far as I know... also, the Hammer of Dawn does a bit less than standard.

Hammer... less...!? How does that make sense? It's the painiest in the ass weapon to use, it should be the ultimate melee weapon. The pointy bit looks like it'd well hurt, if rammed correctly...

TKRunningRiot

Neo Member
I just sent a FR to the Gears 3 GAF 4 tag. Down for Horde, Beast, or Arcade (preferably on Insane). As far as versus goes, I mostly play quick KOTH.

Milly79

Yeah, I need to do arcade on Insane and I would like to just do horde on normal... I just wannna get through it once. Don't care about onyx medals and mutators at all.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
dmg04 said:
Just got a double kill with a torque-- headshot on one into a kill on the other. Why no ribbon, Epic?

Probably stuck into the ground/wall and killed the other guy that way.

It has to go through someones head and stick into another person.

I did it a few hours ago. Idiots wouldn't come out of spawn, so they were lined up.

feel

FUCK YOU SOS!!!!!! :(

Why can't an online game ever be perfect?? So tired of bullshit decisions by developers, specially when they're on the brink of greatness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom