• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
D4Danger said:
I said it last time with the sniper video but I knew I'd been killed by the one shot whilst in cover (I usually play as the savage theron)

it's really unfair and something I hope they fix. the characters should be cosmetic.

Watch the rest, it's not just the oneshot.

He takes the models standing infront of him and shoots them with hammerburst too.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Alienshogun said:
Watch the rest, it's not just the oneshot.

He takes the models standing infront of him and shoots them with hammerburst too.

yeah I'm sure I've also been cheated out of a few battles because of the size of my character but it's harder to pin those down because it could be a number of things.

the one shot thing is my biggest gripe because I've had this happen to me 3 or 4 times now. I'm think I'm sitting in cover trying to hide and I just get my head blown off. It's crap.

So how hard is the
submarine section at the end of Act IV
on Insane? I think it could go either way and be pretty easy or a complete pain in the ass.

Been playing with a friend and no mutators and it hasn't been that bad, outside of a few sections. I think the final boss is going to be pretty awful though. Hopefully we'll be able to finish it this weekend.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
ILOVEASIANS said:
So how hard is the
submarine section at the end of Act IV
on Insane? I think it could go either way and be pretty easy or a complete pain in the ass.

Been playing with a friend and no mutators and it hasn't been that bad, outside of a few sections. I think the final boss is going to be pretty awful though. Hopefully we'll be able to finish it this weekend.

I didn't have any problems with that part on insane

the final boss on the other hand
is absolutely ridiculous. The boss isn't that hard, it's all the damn guards that appear in the second half and the flying things. They chase you into cover and then dive bomb at your feet when you finally shoot them down.

vodka-bull said:
I hope Berny is going to have the same hitbox as Anya/Sam.
I'm more afraid of the potential issues with her huge dread ponytail... imagine if under certain circumstances the game takes it as part of her head's hitbox. :p

D4Danger said:
I didn't have any problems with that part on insane

the final boss on the other hand
is absolutely ridiculous. The boss isn't that hard, it's all the damn guards that appear in the second half and the flying things. They chase you into cover and then dive bomb at your feet when you finally shoot them down.

Hmm. Can't wait for that, haha.

bimet said:
Encountered two people last night using the Onyx Guard DLC character. How? I thought it wasn't out until Nov.
I'm guessing they are doing the hack that unlocks everything that is on the disc. They can do it for the weapon skins, so I'm assuming they can do it for the character skins as well.

I encountered someone who had the "I made this!" medal, and it was obviously not someone from Epic.

2th

Banned
bimet said:
Encountered two people last night using the Onyx Guard DLC character. How? I thought it wasn't out until Nov.

hacks. report it to Epic.

AndyMoogle said:
I encountered someone who had the "I made this!" medal, and it was obviously not someone from Epic.

If you were certain they didnt work for epic... report them. Get them banned. shit heads like that deserve it.

Also i think the "I made this medal" is used by people at Microsoft and anyone who worked on the game outside Epic. the "I am Epic" medal i know is what some of the employees use.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
bimet said:

It's a mod/hack. I'm pretty sure they are already banning people for doing it

giancarlo123x said:
Was wondering why I havent seen this thread, then remembered its over here lost now. Hello all.

Subscribe it it, it wasn't lost, you were..

h3ro said:
Come join the party, just shot you an invite.
I got an invite from two Gaffers (said they saw my post) and I joined them. 4 hours and 9 minutes later, Horde Insane is done. That was crazy! We had someone drop out at the 46th wave so I had to beg my son to join us. He helped us get through to 50! We could not have done it without Super Reload, Unlimited Ammo, and Instagib Melee.

~ Zyzomys ~ said:
I got an invite from two Gaffers (said they saw my post) and I joined them. 4 hours and 9 minutes later, Horde Insane is done. That was crazy! We had someone drop out at the 46th wave so I had to beg my son to join us. He helped us get through to 50! We could not have done it without Super Reload, Unlimited Ammo, and Instagib Melee.

Aw, oh well.

Man, just finished Horde on Insane with h3ro, LosDaddie, kodecraft, and KoolAidShoto.

A little over 3 hours, with Instagib and Super Reload.

Good job guys.

Good game. :D

LosDaddie

Banned
Adam Blade said:
Aw, oh well.

Man, just finished Horde on Insane with h3ro, LosDaddie, kodecraft, and KoolAidShoto.

Good job guys.

Lots of fun! :) Thanks for waiting for me.

Sorry I was staying in the middle in the beginning, but we still did good. Damn, that was intense.

I'll be online later tonight. Maybe around 10pm EST. Think I'm going to do either MP or co-op campaign (still trying to to finish it for the first time).

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
does anyone know how I ended up with a 4 star War Supporter medal already?

apparently I've played in 31 events but there's only been 2 (big head and torque bow tag)

LosDaddie

Banned
kodecraft said:
Good game man, even though you guys were saying I was doing my "own thing" mission accomplished. Wave 40....damn

Dude, you were crucial for mine and monkeyhero's revives. Wouldn't have done it without you :)

kodecraft said:
Good game man, even though you guys were saying I was doing my "own thing" mission accomplished. Wave 40....damn

Yeah, you did good though. Reviving us was good. :D

Yeah, Wave 40 sucked, but 50 was so much easier in comparison.

h3ro

Adam Blade said:
Aw, oh well.

Good job guys.

kodecraft said:
LosDaddie said:
Dude, you were crucial for mine and monkeyhero's revives. Wouldn't have done it without you :)

Great game guys. Yeah, Kodecraft, you were clutch! Early on, it seemed like you were lonewolfing it a little, but we definitely needed every person from waves 40-50! So intense.

I think we had some fantastic team work, especially in waves 47-50 where it seemed like we really hit our stride and didn't have much difficulty once we had our barriers upgraded to red lasers.

Good times, fellas. :D

Brakara

D4Danger said:
apparently I've played in 31 events but there's only been 2 (big head and torque bow tag)

Actually, there's been 3: first week, big head and torque bow tag. No idea why you have 31 though.

Willeth

Brakara said:
Actually, there's been 3: first week, big head and torque bow tag. No idea why you have 31 though.
There was a bug during the first few days that meant every game gave you credit for playing an event instead of just one. It was fixed sharpish enough but if you played a lot of Versus on the first day you'll be streets ahead of anyone else for that.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Willeth said:
There was a bug during the first few days that meant every game gave you credit for playing an event instead of just one. It was fixed sharpish enough but if you played a lot of Versus on the first day you'll be streets ahead of anyone else for that.

that would explain it then. I got the game 1 day early and played quite a few games.

DoomGyver

For the people who bought some of the weapon skins, which is your favorite? I'm tempted to buy one, maybe two and I can't decide.

Lunchbox

Banned
anyone with anthony carmine test the hitboxes compared to females. im 2 levels away

i remember everyone in gears1 clan matches picked 4 carmines/bairds/kims (basically blue armor guys) because they were a bit smaller. if carmines got the same advantage, he's probably my main. fuck anya and claudia black

2th

Banned
D4Danger said:
does anyone know how I ended up with a 4 star War Supporter medal already?

there was a bug if you played before the US launch every match counted as an event.

smilebig1337

Neo Member
Not to derail the horde mode discussion here, but I just posted a tutorial for the last portion of the game on insane. It's a strategy that I devised myself, and I think it works pretty well as I've used it to beat the game on insane a few times now. I hope this helps anyone who needs it.

Oh, and this should be self explanatory, but this video is full of spoilers. It is the end of the game, people. If you don't want to get spoiled, then don't watch it, even though I cut out all of the cutscenes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y39tmp8YyGg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom