• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Letters said:
FUCK YOU SOS!!!!!! :(

Why can't an online game ever be perfect?? So tired of bullshit decisions by developers, specially when they're on the brink of greatness.

Embrace the lancer. It will set you free.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Rimfya said:
What's the link?

I got reset to level 1 but it started unlocking stuff based on my game saves so it might have already over written my progress.

Only just saw your post, here it is: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/839290-**Important**-What-to-do-if-your-rank-is-reset-amp-how-it-can-happen.-Pls-read!!!

MjFrancis

Dangit, I was on a while ago, but I can't get on tonight. I'll have to set one up another night. Love Beast mode, I've just never tried it in a private lobby on Insane.

Ballistik

-PXG- said:
Oh shit. Epic delivers...again.
Well.. More like fixing something that never needed fixing to begin with.

It's still questionable why anybody even suggested that first to 3 was better than 5. Never seemed like the games took long.

smik

Robot Pants said:
Warzone and Execution to return to 5 rounds. Hurray!

http://twitter.com/#!/GearsViking/status/124268462037139456

This is the EPIC games i remember <3 Im going to be rusty as hell going back into non re-spawns game type lol

also I hope EPIC drown us in DLC with over 20+ MP maps over the next 18 months, i think its more practical if EPIC created more NEW maps than remakes

Even though i hate the majority of Gears 2 Maps, with alot of thought these maps will transition very well in Gears 3 characteristics without fuss (across all modes)

Nowhere
Jacinto
Underhill
Courtyard
Pavilion (With Open Spawns and better designed mortar area where its not closed off)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I'm wondering if the "problem" with activating the DLC maps on the servers is that they won't be able to limit those who haven't bought them to play them.

They said host can host games for those without the DLC for private matches/horde/beast.

Perhaps part of the problem is that if they go live on the servers, they become available to everyone (since they are on disk).

I'm probably wrong, but would be pretty funny if that's the issue. It would also create a shit storm if that means DLC may become free to everyone "eventually."

Ballistik said:
My K/D is dipping like crazy!! Probably due to the exhaustion of playing this game so damn much. I just seem to miss so many shots now.. I need a break. Went from 87 to 90 tonight doing 1-50 insane horde and a couple MP matches.

Thanks ShadyLurker for the tremendous help!

No problem. It was an awful day at work today, but finally getting insane horde done felt good :lol. It was pretty fun anyway, hearing your friends yelling through your mic made it pretty entertaining.

Ramirez

I won a game of KOTH tonight with 4 bots against a team of 5, easily the worst people I've ever encountered in a videogame online. Simply hilarious...

Ballistik

2th said:
except no one cares about Warzone and Execution when TDM is 1000000000000000000 times better.
Nah. I'm planning on playing a lot of Execution now. It can get really intense every round.

Nothing better than a comeback from a 0-4.

ShaneB

2th said:
except no one cares about Warzone and Execution when TDM is 1000000000000000000 times better.

Different strokes for different folks. I don't care for TDM at all. Such a bore.

So glad to hear that Warzone will be returning to 5 rounds. Fix the map randomization and we're good. for now. (some free maps would be nice.... please?)

Alienshogun said:
I'm wondering if the "problem" with activating the DLC maps on the servers is that they won't be able to limit those who haven't bought them to play them.

They said host can host games for those without the DLC for private matches/horde/beast.

Perhaps part of the problem is that if they go live on the servers, they become available to everyone (since they are on disk).

I'm probably wrong, but would be pretty funny if that's the issue. It would also create a shit storm if that means DLC may become free to everyone "eventually."
If that's the case, I hope they learn their lesson and don't include sensitive disc locked content in their games again. Character skins are one thing, but if maps are going to pose this problem, that's a big oversight on their part. :/

TDM would be cooler with Execution rules. Hell, all respawn gametypes would be cooler with Execution rules a la Gears 2...

Brakara

Seth Balmore said:
I'm putting my money on that Hardcore difficulty for Public Horde & Beast weekend that Rod mentioned in his last stream. I'll be genuinely surprised if it has anything to do with a classic/hardcore playlist...

Yeah, hardcore events in Gears 2 were just hardcore difficulty for Horde so I would be surprised if this is different.

Milly79 said:
I would assume it's because this thread is pertaining more to MP and gameplay rather than news.

So why is the R3 thread not here as well?

Brakara

mbmonk said:
There are rational argument against this. While I agree with the idea of a versus playlist w/o the SOS. I think rational arguments include, but not limited to.

1) Dedicated server that get allocated to the classic playlist will be more than likely be taken from some other existing game mode. This would equate to "harm" on them... Unless you are proposing that the playlist be strictly P2P?
2) It would further splinter the community. I listed this argument even though I don't agree with it. I think people should be allowed to play how they want to play.

Again I am for a classic playlist.

Me too, but the reasons you list would seriously impact my region as there's only 100 people or so who are usually playing Warzone/Execution. Other numbers are: ~1500 TDM, ~300 CTL, ~500 KOTH, ~200 Wingman. And this is before the release of BF3 and MW3.

So the only way this wouldn't seriously impact the existing playlists would be to maybe have just one classic playlist with mode voting.

mbmonk

I think the should leave it as is and maybe just give people the option to select their character in wingman ( assuming that wouldn't mess up the gamemode ).

LosDaddie

Banned
Adam Blade said:
Zyzomys, where you at? :(

Need a couple peeps for Insane Horde, infinite ammo mutator would be nice too if anyone has it.

I'll be on in about 30min. I have to get some lunch first, but I'll definitely be on.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
abracadaver said:
Anya has a smaller hitbox than the rest of the characters ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8UwvkvDaXU

Like I said before, how many different hitboxes are there in this game per character and per weapon?

We need to know these things.

Quinn simply dismissed it as a "non issue" yet it's not just a non issue if he call it one. It's very much an issue and effects balance in the game.

Especially since now we see there are smaller hitboxes OUT of cover.

Seth Balmore said:
Yeah, we discussed this on this very thread a few pages back...

This is new evidence of different hitboxes with a different weapon (the oneshot) Also, it deals with the characters OUT of cover.

Quinn still has some explaining to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom