• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggie

Banned
elrechazao said:
Why would people who selected insane difficulty complaining about the difficulty be something that we would be concerned about, and how does this magically go away if someone beats it on the insanely easy normal mode, thus unlocking insane?

Still wrong.
We have people bitching about it now already in this thread. Can you imagine if it was unlocked from the beginning?

reggie said:
We have people bitching about it now already in this thread. Can you imagine if it was unlocked from this beginning?
The situation would be exactly the same, but those of us who aren't simpering morons could play insane our first time through, because the game is ridiculously easy otherwise?

reggie

Banned
elrechazao said:
The situation would be exactly the same, but those of us who aren't simpering morons could play insane our first time through, because the game is ridiculously easy otherwise?
I don't necessarily disagree with you, it's just some people are stupid. You have people who are new or have played very little trying to start the game on the hardest difficulty ruining their own experience because it's too hard. Maybe if the game looked at your past progress in previous Gears games and decided on that, that would be an easy fix for all.

reggie said:
I don't necessarily disagree with you, it's just some people are stupid. You have people who are new or have played very little trying to start the game on the hardest difficulty ruining their own experience because it's too hard. Maybe if the game looked at your past progress in previous Gears games and decided on that, that would be an easy fix for all.
Or maybe there is precisely zero logic in not having options unlocked. Just admit it, it won't hurt. The problem you've identified has zero to do with the solution we are seeking here.

reggie

Banned
elrechazao said:
Or maybe there is precisely zero logic in not having options unlocked. Just admit it, it won't hurt. The problem you've identified has zero to do with the solution we are seeking here.
Zero logic? I just explained why they do. There's a few encounters in the game where it's plainly unfair on insane, it makes perfect sense why they would lock it from the start.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
reggie said:
Zero logic? I just explained why they do. There's a few encounters in the game where it's plainly unfair on insane, it makes perfect sense why they would lock it from the start.

It's a right of passage. You had to do it in the other 2 games. Insane is an unlock just as weapons skins and character skins are unlocks.

see5harp

Beast on Insane last night was a lot easier than I thought it would be. We weren't even going for time and beat it on the first shot in the top 9000 scores. I got my first Onyx medal also which got me an achievement :).

TKRunningRiot

Neo Member
see5harp said:
How long are you going to play? I'm down for a little arcade mode on insane.

I'm down to play as long as anyone else is, I'm done with Act 1, except for the prologue, I'd like to get all chapters with 4 players.

2San

reggie said:
We have people bitching about it now already in this thread. Can you imagine if it was unlocked from the beginning?
Oh come on, the reason people are complaining is because the game is relatively easy all the way through for a Gears veteran except for 2 badly designed bosses.

LowParry

Brandon F said:
No joke. I really want to love this game, but as I said the silence we shared after finishing our session was alarming.

I can't wait for you to come back with MP impressions and loving to pieces that awesome weapon called the Sawed Off Shotgun!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
This game is so damn good, even with its faults.

There is no other game I care about coming out till March (Ghost Recon Future Soldier), and that's just for coop mostly.

I've not been this happy/enamored with a game since Quake 1.

TRios Zen

Any one run into bullet sponges on DEDICATED servers?

Came into a match yesterday that was one players + 9 bots. My team of 5 came back from 1-0 and rolled them, and then the one player, left. No host migration message appeared and no weird lag, so I assumed dedicated server.

Couple matches later, another team comes in and I run into a guy, who took about a quarter clip lancer and three gnasher shots, on his approach to me, and somehow didn't just survive, but one shot gibs me.

Had no trouble downing or killing anyone else on the team, just the one guy, who the whole team said took a lot of shots to down. I just wonder how that happens on what I thought was a dedicated server match.

I'm just wondering for my information - I still love this game, faults on all. Can't wait to get back on it tonight!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
TRios Zen said:
Any one run into bullet sponges on DEDICATED servers?

Came into a match yesterday that was one players + 9 bots. My team of 5 came back from 1-0 and rolled them, and then the one player, left. No host migration message appeared and no weird lag, so I assumed dedicated server.

Couple matches later, another team comes in and I run into a guy, who took about a quarter clip lancer and three gnasher shots, on his approach to me, and somehow didn't just survive, but one shot gibs me.

Had no trouble downing or killing anyone else on the team, just the one guy, who the whole team said took a lot of shots to down. I just wonder how that happens on what I thought was a dedicated server match.

I'm just wondering for my information - I still love this game, faults on all. Can't wait to get back on it tonight!

Servers seemed a little wonky today for some reason.

-PXG-

Brandon F said:
Gears 1 was four years ago! I played the campaign once in a single weekend in 2006!

I recall the shitty endboss on the train and dropping the bomb underground. But Prescott who?

I should be asking you people how any of this stuff even resonates after all this time!

That's the best excuse you could come up with?

I remember because I don't have a terrible memory.

Gears' story is as basic as it gets. It's simple stupid.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
-PXG- said:
That's the best excuse you could come up with?

I remember because I don't have a terrible memory.

Gears' story is as basic as it gets. It's simple stupid.
You just gave my excuse perfectly. Easy to ignore or forget stupid shit!

Robot Pants

MCXC Pioneer said:
This torque bow only playlist needs to be added permanently, I'm having so much fun with it!
Maybe they should just have better weapon spawns on the maps instead of scorchers, mortars, and smoke grenades.

Alienshogun said:
This game is so damn good, even with its faults.

There is no other game I care about coming out till March (Ghost Recon Future Soldier), and that's just for coop mostly.

I've not been this happy/enamored with a game since Quake 1.

Ditto, but I had the shittest night last night, so it's in my bad books until I start playing well again. So much anger.

That being said, I really want to play it right now. Fucking work.

Peterthumpa

Is anyone having problems with matchmaking? I'm staring at the finding matches screen for about 15 minutes now, and the game keeps checking the quality of the matches only to end up saying that no suitable matches could be found. Multiplayer is basically broken for me. My NAT is open and every other multiplayer game that I have wirks flawlessly. WTF?

2th

Banned
MCXC Pioneer said:
This torque bow only playlist needs to be added permanently, I'm having so much fun with it!

Paging PXG because i need the STOP POSTING gif of anya beating on a locust. Torque Bow tag is shit. Even Epic knows it is bad lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
2th said:
Paging PXG because i need the STOP POSTING gif of anya beating on a locust. Torque Bow tag is shit. Even Epic knows it is bad lol
yeah I hate fun too, get rid of options Epic, I don't want them.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
2th said:
so fun to you is 90% melee and downing with smoke grenades?
Yes, fun to me is something your not forced to play. This mode does not deeply offend me as an intended shits and giggles mode.

Robot Pants

Jaguar said:
Anyone seen this sawed-off video? Fucking pathetic that a gun like this could make its way into any shooter. Gotta appeal to the casuals some way, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDUf-MASRe0&feature=youtu.be

From this thread: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/843865-Epic-I-thought-you-said-you-fixed-the-Sawed-Off

Haha that video is hilarious and ridiculous. But you gotta wonder if he cleared his cache and is playing without the update. Still, ridiculous that the gun was shipped in that state.

Anywho, Lee Perry has always been an awesome dude in my opinion. Really smart. I loved his post on map making oh so many years ago. I think he didn't have much input in the Gears 2 maps (probably the Gears 3 maps too by the looks of it) which is why they were so terrible. But he weighed in his thoughts on the Gears 3 game balance a couple of days ago. Didn't see it posted:
http://forums.epicgames.com/threads...ke-on-the-weapon-balance-discussion-Lee-Perry

I dunno. I see what he is saying, but the SOS still gotta go, man. It's killed this game, along with a few other "decisions".

EDIT: OOOOO. I dig this reply:
The DBS wasn't needed to give the game more variety, challenge, or anything of that sort. Dedicated servers would've allowed new players to use rifles more effectively. As well as the Gnasher. The DBS is a mini-Boomshot that should be a pick up weapon, if anything.

Not everyone can play Chess. That doesn't mean you make the game easier for Checkers players. It's all about the sort of game Epic wants. You either want a skilled-based game, or a casual game. Epic obviously wants a casual game.

Every developer is different. But, most developers these days want casual games to try and sell more. As does Epic, and that's all you have to say.

Your business goals are your own. But, still, many NEW players you're reaching out to, will in fact leave when other casual shooters emerge. If your product offers nothing different, then there's not much reason to treat it as such. Especially not when other casual shooters are doing it better, and have been for a long time.

Gears had drastically changed alot. And to ask players to continually adapt, and never truly master something is hard to swallow.

kdash7

I am trying to get two xbox 360s to work over system link for Gears 3..but it just not working!! I keep getting "Connection Has been lost" message whenever I create a party on one 360 and try to join it from the other 360!!! Both 360s can detect the Parties created..but only when I try to make them join i get the damn message!!!

Can anyone help me out here please!!!! Is there something I need to change in the settings of the 360s??

Proposed Law said:
Any extra JitB codes?

I actually have two. One I'm willing to trade, preferably for an Infected Omen code. The other I'm holding onto for a friend who may or may not want it. The trade one I'll hold onto until a deal is made, the other one I may or may not put up for grabs tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom