• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
squidhands said:
Keep trying for co-op. I got in with a group of randoms that had super reload and infinite ammo mutators and it was way easier than my solo run on Hardcore. Good luck, you're a better man than me for attempting Insane on your own.

edit: guess I missed your comment where you said you beat it solo. :lol
I aced it on Hardcore, not really a problem. They didn't have respawning guards or they respawn very slowly. Insane, its endless waves and regardless your going to get overran.

With the mutators, all my coop attempts have been with them. Turns out, the boss is harder than and most players aren't very good. Its far easier to carry myself with no mutators than idiots.

But as I said, I did it and ready to break the disc. Now I just need to finish up act 4... =[

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
zlatko said:
Gears 1 eventually made map packs free right? What if these first maps that people have found to be on disc are what we'll get to be included into MP for free? It makes the most logical sense when you think about it.

I think that's what's going on to be honest.

I also think the "issue" with having the maps on adversarial (social ranked matches) isn't that the servers aren't ready, more that they don't know how to keep people WITHOUT the maps from playing them. They stated that the host for horde/beast/private adversarial modes can host and people without the maps can play them, that logically leads to the fact that if they are on the server to play, then people who didn't buy them also would be privy to them.

This IMO is the most likely "issue" and scenario. Also, if this is true, prepare for an imminent shitstorm of "EPIC CHEATED ME!."

Robot Pants

Alienshogun said:
I think that's what's going on to be honest.

I also think the "issue" with having the maps on adversarial (social ranked matches) isn't that the servers aren't ready, more that they don't know how to keep people WITHOUT the maps from playing them. They stated that the host for horde/beast/private adversarial modes can host and people without the maps can play them, that logically leads to the fact that if they are on the server to play, then people who didn't buy them also would be privy to them.

This IMO is the most likely "issue" and scenario. Also, if this is true, prepare for an imminent shitstorm of "EPIC CHEATED ME!."

I think it's more that they want people to buy and play this Horde DLC for a little bit. People with the Season Pass already "have it", but I think if the maps were on MP right off the bat, people without the season pass wouldn't buy the DLC and probably would barely play it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Robot Pants said:
I think it's more that they want people to buy and play this Horde DLC for a little bit. People with the Season Pass already "have it", but I think if the maps were on MP right off the bat, people without the season pass wouldn't buy the DLC and probably would barely play it.
I really don't think that's the case.

Robot Pants said:
That article about RAAM's shadow says Multiplayer news will be coming Nov 1st. I'm assuming that's not related to the Horde DLC?
Everyone is assuming they'll announce when the 3 DLC maps will be available in the online versus playlist rotation.

EYEL1NER

It sucks for everyone else, but I am kinda glad that Ticker Tuesday did not count as an event, because I clean forgot. I am upset I forgot though, because that would have probably been pretty easy to have down a Horde run with nothing but Tickers.

Milly79

EYEL1NER said:
It sucks for everyone else, but I am kinda glad that Ticker Tuesday did not count as an event, because I clean forgot. I am upset I forgot though, because that would have probably been pretty easy to have down a Horde run with nothing but Tickers.

It wasn't all tickers. It was a lot of enemies that used explosives and the big explosions mutator was on. There were a lot of tickers, however.

tsigo

EYEL1NER said:

It wasn't all tickers. They turned on the Big Explosions mutator, and it was more Tickers than normal mixed in with the normal enemies. I only did 10 waves but you still saw Armored Kantii and Boomers and stuff.

zlatko

Banned
malfcn said:
So salty today. This game is Gears 2.1 today.

Just turn it off and go play The Batman, or watch something funny. You can't force it. When it's bad it's bad, and when it's good it's awesome.

Try again tomorrow. :)

-PXG-

mernst23 said:
Futureweapons! But that was only Raven Down and Old Bones

The Annex DLC had Bullet Marsh, Process, Garden, and Subway and they charged for that

The only good maps from all of those was Raven Down and Process. I could tolerate Garden but the other 3 were shit maps. I hate subway to this day, glitchy map in the first game, glitchy map in the 2nd game, and impossible to balance because absolutely no symmetry

Edit: I was bored at work so I ranked all the maps
Tier 1: Never tire of these maps
1. Gridlock
2. Raven Down
3. War Machine
4. Blood Drive
5. Mercy

Tier 2: Good maps to play, fair, balanced, great
6. Canals
7. Jacinto
8. Checkout
9. Allfathers Garden
10. Fuel Depot
11. Drydock
12. Clock Tower
13. Courtyard

Tier 3:
14. River
15. Gold Rush
16. Process
17. Hotel
18. Avalanche
19. Underhill
20. Old Town
21. Sandbar
22. Nowhere
23. Thrashball
24. Ruins
25. Memorial

Tier 4: This is where we enter playable but not great
26. Sanctuary
27. Day One (Really had high hopes for this since it's a Raven down clone but they made the spawn roads too long and had too many choke points to mantle over which made no one do anything besides rush 2nd floors)
28. Pavilion (Would be a top tier map if it wasn't for the single point of entry campfest)
29. Overpass
30. Garden
31. Mansion (Only this bad because of Gears 2, this map was great in Gears one because active sniper could put the boomshot on his ass so it wouldn't dominate the map; They really needed to swap the boom out with the torque in Gears 2 and leave the sniper on the balcony for every round)
32. Way Station
33. Escalation
34. Tyro Station
35. Security
36. Flood
37. Rooftops
38. Trenches
39. Fuel Station

Tier 5: Absolute trash
40. Subway
41. Highway
42. Grind Yard
43. Stasis
44. Hail
45. Bullet Marsh
46. Old Bones
47. Mausoleum

So much derp in this post, I don't know if my body can take it.

No Gears 2 map should be in the top tier, or even the second. Oh, and Mercy at the top? That fucking campfest? Are you kidding me?

If I get the time later, I'll make a longer response.

I think I need a drink...

zlatko

Banned
-PXG- said:

No Gears 2 map should be in the top tier, or even the second. Oh, and Mercy at the top? That fucking campfest? Are you kidding me?

I'll be interested to see your list. I have a feeling it'll line up with a lot of my own choices aside from Bullet Marsh. :p

zlatko said:
The best feeling is when a SOS user is around a corner or rushes you when you have digger and you launch it right into their chest.

TaWiH.gif

Makes me do that motion to the screen whenever I land it. :)
getting the digger in the chest with a trick shot feels awesome. i got a good one on that little window between the two upper sides on trenches by the mortar. i was going up one of the ramp ways and blindfired a shot right through the window and into a locusts chest before he could even fire a shot at me.

I'm not including any gears 2 maps in this because i sold it like a month after i bought it because i hated it so much. This will just be gears 1 and 3 maps.

Top Tier
Canals
Fuel Depot
Hotel
Clocktower

High Tier
Escalation
Mansion
Checkout
Gridlock
War Machine

Mid Tier
Mausoleum
Rooftops
Drydock
Thrashball
Old Town

Low Tier
Bullet Marsh
Old Bones
Raven Down
Subway
Trenches

Bottom Tier
Garden
Process
Mercy
Overpass
Sandbar
Tyro Station

Robot Pants

-PXG- said:

Yea I lol'd at that list too.

Side note: Anyone else besides me would prefer this game to be back to 4 on 4?

biosnake20 said:
I'm not including any gears 2 maps in this because i sold it like a month after i bought it because i hated it so much. This will just be gears 1 and 3 maps.

Top Tier
Canals
Fuel Depot
Hotel
Clocktower

High Tier
Escalation
Mansion
Checkout
Gridlock

Mid Tier
Mausoleum
Rooftops
Drydock
Thrashball
Old Town

Low Tier
Bullet Marsh
Old Bones
Raven Down
Subway

Bottom Tier
Garden
Process
Mercy
Overpass
Sandbar
Trenches
Tyro Station

i'd maybe put trenches to mid tier now that they've fixed it up a little. but that's a good ranking. fuel depot definitely deserves top tier. i miss that map.

I think in actuality I have the most kills with the Retro. I like the recoil on the thing.

My most frustrating night tonight. Could get a disgraceful amount of assists but no kills. Was a laggy for my taste.

GG Epic.

SpacLock

biosnake20 said:

Top Tier
Canals
Fuel Depot
Hotel
Clocktower

High Tier
Escalation
Mansion
Checkout
Gridlock

Mid Tier
Mausoleum
Rooftops
Drydock
Thrashball
Old Town

Low Tier
Bullet Marsh
Old Bones
Raven Down
Subway

Bottom Tier
Garden
Process
Mercy
Overpass
Sandbar
Trenches
Tyro Station

Much better list than the guy up there.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Robot Pants said:
It's EPIC. They want your money.

No shit, that doesn't negate my theory on what's going on at all.

Seth Balmore said:
Everyone is assuming they'll announce when the 3 DLC maps will be available in the online versus playlist rotation.

Not assuming, it's been confirmed by Rod.

SPACECADET said:
getting the digger in the chest with a trick shot feels awesome. i got a good one on that little window between the two upper sides on trenches by the mortar. i was going up one of the ramp ways and blindfired a shot right through the window and into a locusts chest before he could even fire a shot at me.

I wish I streamed or had a cap card.

I had a 6 for 6 no miss direct impact with digger game about 3 weeks ago.

Frester

-PXG- said:
Oh, and Mercy at the top? That fucking campfest? Are you kidding me?

IIRC there's no roof on the sanctuary/church, making it vulnerable to mortar fire, no? And yes I realize the mortar swaps with the OneShot every other round.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
thezerofire said:
Is this what you mean?

So is "it" that the maps are going to be introduced in matchmaking or not?

Read what was quoted.

Seth answers your question, he wouldn't be saying what he's saying if the maps weren't going to go in.

Hell, prior to him posting that I even give why I think they are having "issues" getting the maps into rotation on the servers, it's even on the same page.

We also had this conversation confirming they are going in a few weeks back, and this thread doesn't exactly move quickly.

zlatko

Banned
thezerofire said:
So is the Gears Season Pass worth picking up? With reasons, if you could be so kind

If you are keeping this game for the next 2 years and buy DLC that involves substantial content, then yes you should because it saves you money. If however you like to know what exactly you will get before you drop the 30 bucks, then save and buy bit by bit what you want. You run the risk with Season Pass that some of the content is crappy/worthless to you of the first 4 that is free, but on the flip side if you don't get it you may find all the first 4 you bought anyway and had to pay more in the long run.

My experience tonight was 50-50 on good and bad. Not super shitty, but not super good. I had one game where I was 2-10 and none of my bullets were effecting anyone if I went 1 on 1, so I quit out. I'll take my - points and - deaths in ranked for 1 game to avoid anger/fatigue.

Question about my overall stats page: When you click on versus is that the summary of all your ranked and quick matches or just ranked? Does it count anything else to come up with that k/d ratio like Horde or Beast or private matches? I went into it and wasn't sure, but I looked over at the weapon stats and since I play 80% ranked I assumed it must be just using my ranked stats. To my surprise my Gnasher was 59% of my kills and my Lancer was like 23% or something, but previously I thought my Lancer was my work horse.

Pick up weapons I had 39% from Digger and 38% from boom.

Anyone else have Gnasher as their lead weapon?

Alienshogun said:
Read what was quoted.

Seth answers your question, he wouldn't be saying what he's saying if the maps weren't going to go in.

Hell, prior to him posting that I even give why I think they are having "issues" getting the maps into rotation on the servers, it's even on the same page.

We also had this conversation confirming they are going in a few weeks back, and this thread doesn't exactly move quickly.
I read it, and it was ambiguous. I don't know what Rod confirmed, whether they're going to go in or they're not. And discussing issues doesn't say whether they're going to overcome the issues, it just explains why they're not in right now. Instead of being all snobby about it, you could have just said yes or no and we wouldn't have had to bother with this.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
zlatko said:
If you are keeping this game for the next 2 years and buy DLC that involves substantial content, then yes you should because it saves you money. If however you like to know what exactly you will get before you drop the 30 bucks, then save and buy bit by bit what you want. You run the risk with Season Pass that some of the content is crappy/worthless to you of the first 4 that is free, but on the flip side if you don't get it you may find all the first 4 you bought anyway and had to pay more in the long run.

My experience tonight was 50-50 on good and bad. Not super shitty, but not super good. I had one game where I was 2-10 and none of my bullets were effecting anyone if I went 1 on 1, so I quit out. I'll take my - points and - deaths in ranked for 1 game to avoid anger/fatigue.

Question about my overall stats page: When you click on versus is that the summary of all your ranked and quick matches or just ranked? Does it count anything else to come up with that k/d ratio like Horde or Beast or private matches? I went into it and wasn't sure, but I looked over at the weapon stats and since I play 80% ranked I assumed it must be just using my ranked stats. To my surprise my Gnasher was 59% of my kills and my Lancer was like 23% or something, but previously I thought my Lancer was my work horse.

Lancer is my main weapons followed by Gnasher.

zlatko

Banned
Alienshogun said:
Lancer is my main weapons followed by Gnasher.

Do you know if overall stats for versus use ranked and quick match or just ranked? Does it use horde/beast/campaign/private matches at all ?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
zlatko said:
Do you know if overall stats for versus use ranked and quick match or just ranked? Does it use horde/beast/campaign/private matches at all ?

I think the website uses everything. In game I'm pretty sure just uses vs (and private vs), but I'm not 100% positive.

Legit, without boosting, Gnasher is way ahead of my lancer. Before I boosted onyx lancer I had 500 lancer kills and 1200 gnasher kills.

I haven't been playing much lately, got into "Walking Dead."

MjFrancis

Act I: Cruiseship on Fire
Act II: Hitchin' a Ride
Act III: The Search for Fuel
Act IV: The Search for More Fuel
Act V: We Finally There

When it's put like that it sounds like a horrible vacation. They find out where they need to go moments into the game and they have to go all Lord of the Rings on you and frolic throughout Sera for seven hours just to get there.

Thankfully with lots of Grub killing.

zlatko

Banned
There's only one part of the story I am super critical of and it's during or around when you drive those trucks in Act 3. The queen is on top of a building as the COG drive by and she's talking about Marcus to stop him.

You fucking serious? No one driving below noticed the giant fucking beetle on the roof to the left? You fucking serious queen you just let them drive by in the most easy to pick off moment of the game? All she had to do was hop on her beetle and blow up their trucks with the laser. The end.

:/ Some stupid ass shit right there.

Ballistik

zlatko said:

Around 78% with my Gnasher, but to tell you the truth, that statistic is skewed. I KNOW I use my lancer way more, because I have noticed that a lot of the times when I down someone at mid range, I switch to my shotgun and get closer to him to gib. Dunno why I do it but works for me.

As far as pick ups, I believe the longshot is around 35% with the digger coming second at like 29%

zlatko

Banned
Ballistik said:
Around 78% with my Gnasher, but to tell you the truth, that statistic is skewed. I KNOW I use my lancer way more, because I have noticed that a lot of the times when I down someone at mid range, I switch to my shotgun and get closer to him to gib. Dunno why I do it but works for me.

As far as pick ups, I believe the longshot is around 35% with the digger coming second at like 29%

I've gotta say I was ass at getting headshots in Gears1/2, but I am doing superb with the sniper here in 3. It's usually 4+ headshots for me against a team of solid players who make getting headshots hard. Super satisfied with how it turned out, although the actual zoom-in isn't as flashy as it was in say Gears 2. :(

Anyone still have a Savage Grenadier skin for trade? I'm still offering up to 5 Team Fortress 2 items of your choice AND a L.A. Noire Car Consul's Traffic Case DLC Code for the PS3 version.

PM me to trade. :)

-PXG-

Not playing Gears for a few days makes it feel like weeks. Jesus. I have to start playing again or else I'm gonna be complete booty...and not the good, jiggly kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom