• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunchbox

Banned
got the season pass off the german promotion

SWip3.jpg

zsswimmer

dmg04 said:
What is the German Promo?

...is there a discount on the pass?
400 microsoft points for every email you signed up with, they never bothered to check IPs. Needless to say, some GAF members cashed in hard

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Lol, i was pretty much about to jump ship if Epic had decided to lower the price even more. I wouldn't doubt it, seeing as though they keep making random ass bullshit decisions that Fuck me at the end of the rainbow.

Congrats to the lucky dudes, use those points well! [Team Metal skins look baller]

zlatko

Banned
; ; I got into that thread too late so no free Mpoints for me. Totally would have cashed in towards a Season pass if I could have. :p

Lunchbox

Banned
that play list is the worst fucking thing ever. no other weapons, people camping with their pistols out and poking at you from high spots and getting actives ready when they see you coming and then camp the choke point with 3 guys pointing at the door hard aiming

bet they blame this horrible playlist on the gnasher, "oh we gave you gnashers, you didnt like"

Lima

So just played couple games in the hardcore playlist.

Execution, rounds tied 4-4 and me and that other guy are the last one alive. I make sure he sees me and melee the air to initiate a shotgun battle for the winning point.

He just pulls out his pistol and downs me. I raged pretty hard.

Lima said:

Execution, rounds tied 4-4 and me and that other guy are the last one alive. I make sure he sees me and melee the air to initiate a shotgun battle for the winning point.

Damn.

So they already fixed the number of rounds on the hardcore playlist?

Tawpgun

Lima said:

No gears honor.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Lima said:

Cliff is more than likely laughing at this post.

Montresor

Lima said:

If melee'ing the air is supposed to be a universal sign meaning "let's do a shotgun battle" then I never knew about that. Maybe he didn't know about it OR maybe he had no shotgun ammo.

Lima

Montresor said:
If melee'ing the air is supposed to be a universal sign meaning "let's do a shotgun battle" then I never knew about that. Maybe he didn't know about it OR maybe he had no shotgun ammo.

It is.

Also infinite ammo mutator is on in that playlist so he definitely had shotgun ammo.

smik

Alienshogun said:
I think Epic is trying to sabotage the hardcore playlist.

It's must active reload, no rifles, infinite ammo.

So all you have is gnasher and pistol and if you miss an active you jam.

Why couldn't they just do lancer/gnasher only?

its an obvious troll by EPIC

GNASHER's only, no Power Weapons or Lancers and then calling it "Hardcore" gives it away Bigtime

Epic is distastefully playing with the perception of Hardcore players in which only use the gnasher, dont really enjoy other aspects Gears,
dont utilize the lancer or for the matter Power Weapons pick ups. (all false)

i havent even mentioned what this does to Map balance

But in all, its only a playlist, a couple of matches with it and your done, im sure Epic is going to pull some stats out of this playlist to try and make a point against nasher users

trolololol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
smik said:
its an obvious troll by EPIC

GNASHER's only, no Power Weapons or Lancers and then calling it "Hardcore" gives it away Bigtime

Epic is distastefully playing with the perception of Hardcore players in which only use the gnasher, dont really enjoy other aspects Gears,
dont utilize the lancer or for the matter Power Weapons pick ups. (all false)

i havent even mentioned what this does to Map balance

But in all, its only a playlist, a couple of matches with it and your done, im sure Epic is going to pull some stats out of this playlist to try and make a point against nasher users

trolololol

Their attitude is really pushing me away from being a fan. They need to realize they are pissing off the wrong people.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Gnashers only playlist? Hahahahaha might as well just make it pre-nerf Sawed-Off's only.

Does this count towards the war supporter?

see5harp

Lima said:

WTF? That's like breaking up a chainsaw battle. Gears etiquette 101.

zlatko

Banned
malfcn said:
This shit is retarded. Pistol was buffed so much and the reloads were terrible.

People asked for snub pistol buffs from beta, and EPIC delivered.

I think it's just where it needs to be to be honest. On Overpass if you camp the top that thing is a monster. :)

malfcn

I didn't like the playlist because the gnasher was like a sniper gun. I was getting hit from 20 feet away and instant red.

And it didn't help the lag was bad. I watched the bullets fly to my right and miss, and was taking damage.

zlatko

Banned
I'm glad you guys reached my point with EPIC and how they are treating the hardcore Gears vets. We basically have to beg and plead for such a simple thing as a classic playlist, but they scoff at the idea. But casuals? Oh shit let's embrace everything they want and MORE.

It's why at the end of the beta when I saw their reply to the asking of a classic playlist was being replied with, "Go play Gears 1 you losers," was one of the main reasons keeping me away from wanting to purchase Gears 3. I had this gut feeling too that they'd never keep up with dedi servers either. To add onto that I made the joke to my friend they'll buff the SOS and make shittier maps than Grindyard.

; ; Sometimes it sucks to be right, but I can still keep hope they remedy these issues going forward.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
zlatko said:
I'm glad you guys reached my point with EPIC and how they are treating the hardcore Gears vets. We basically have to beg and plead for such a simple thing as a classic playlist, but they scoff at the idea. But casuals? Oh shit let's embrace everything they want and MORE.

It's why at the end of the beta when I saw their reply to the asking of a classic playlist was being replied with, "Go play Gears 1 you losers," was one of the main reasons keeping me away from wanting to purchase Gears 3. I had this gut feeling too that they'd never keep up with dedi servers either. To add onto that I made the joke to my friend they'll buff the SOS and make shittier maps than Grindyard.

; ; Sometimes it sucks to be right, but I can still keep hope they remedy these issues going forward.

The game is great, it's their attitude. I have no problem playing another game if this is how they will treat fans. I'm the kind of guy to drop a superior ISP/Phone/service provider for the simple fact the customer service is shit.

To me, if you're not going to put your fans/customers first, you can go fuck yourself, no matter how good your product may be.

That said, we aren't quite there yet, but it seems we've begun down that road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom