• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggie

Banned
adversesolutions said:
Quick question: how hard are Gears 1 and 2 campaigns on Insane compared to Gears 3?

Thinking about clearing them to open up a few weapon skins.
I found them easier.

Ramirez said:
You have it all figured out.
At least I'm not bitching about a 18/6 kd.

zlatko

Banned
adversesolutions said:
Quick question: how hard are Gears 1 and 2 campaigns on Insane compared to Gears 3?

Thinking about clearing them to open up a few weapon skins.

Probably have more annoying pieces due to shitty vehicle sequences. Gears 1 will have some harder moments if you are going at it solo, namely the last boss. Also, both are shorter than Gears 3, so it's a quick go through.

Worth going through though. Gears 1 anyway, 2 is crappy in a big chunk in the middle which consists of the majority of the game.

zlatko

Banned
see5harp said:
So glad the two piece is trumped by a single gnasher now. No one even tries it anymore.

EDIT: that active sniper shoot, run away, reload tactic was so dirty in Gears 1.

Run away? Why? You just hip fire win and chase fools down.

That's why Gridlock was technically so balanced in Gears 1 is because you had boom and a sniper that destroyed even in the hands of someone who can't get headshots. You had to have both in order to come out on top usually.

CcrooK said:
Eeesh, servers down tonight?

I played public matches for a while and had some issues (teleported a couple times and a guy with boom was standing 3ft away from me and shot the boom into the ground between us and he lived). Then I jumped into a ranked game and everything was great.

So I honestly think the public matches are really hit or miss while ranked is pretty reliable.

zlatko

Banned
HawksWinStanley said:
I played public matches for a while and had some issues (teleported a couple times and a guy with boom was standing 3ft away from me and shot the boom into the ground between us and he lived). Then I jumped into a ranked game and everything was great.

So I honestly think the public matches are really hit or miss while ranked is pretty reliable.

Uuuuh I got news for you buddy. Quick Matches NEVER have dedi's. Only ranked. LOL. Quick Match runs on P2P only.

see5harp

zlatko said:
Run away? Why? You just hip fire win and chase fools down.

That's why Gridlock was technically so balanced in Gears 1 is because you had boom and a sniper that destroyed even in the hands of someone who can't get headshots. You had to have both in order to come out on top usually.

I just remember most execution matches ending this way. One guy trying to show off with blind fire active sniper shots, missing badly and running away to try and buy time.

Ballistik

CcrooK said:
Good lord, I did not know this. :/
Dude, no. I'm a 95 and P2P has NEVER happened to me in quick/ranked. Only Horde and beast.

So frustrating and confusing that people STILL complain when my experience has been butter smooth. Seriously, WTF.

Im pretty sure I blew Hoffmans hat off with a Boltok shot when I aimed just a little too high for a head shot.
I thought it was pretty funny :)

edit: ohhh. Im a member now. Cool!

Ballistik

Hoya Destroyer said:
Im pretty sure I blew Hoffmans hat off with a Boltok shot when I aimed just a little too high for a head shot.
I thought it was pretty funny :)

edit: ohhh. Im a member now. Cool!
Yeaah i was playing yesterday and thought it was the adam fenix skin until I heard the voice. He looks really strange!

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Truestory; Boomshot to turret on Overpass, hit Anya in the side of the body [explosion and everything].... No kill? Didn't even flinch after, too busy shooting at one of my team mates.

Reasons why CTL is fucking broken

1. Teams that don't rush leaders
2. Smoke grenades off spawn
3. Maps that promote camping
4. Spawns switching when being pinned down at the fucking spawn, or trying to get a leader that is camping next to a spawn
5. Downing leaders gives shit for points.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
ummm
just witnessed a team mate holding no weapon
as well, i couldn't run. it would go into run for half a second and then quit out.
wtfxgoingon

Ramirez

So can the Epic logo be hacked? I've seen 3 people in the past 2 days with the Epic logo and the transparent weapon skin, I doubt I'm that likely to run into 3 employees in such a short amount of time...?

JambiBum

Ramirez said:
So can the Epic logo be hacked? I've seen 3 people in the past 2 days with the Epic logo and the transparent weapon skin, I doubt I'm that likely to run into 3 employees in such a short amount of time...?
Yes it can. Same thing with the dlc skins. I ran into a big rig dizzy tonight. Got him banned before the next game.

2San

Ballistik said:
Dude, no. I'm a 95 and P2P has NEVER happened to me in quick/ranked. Only Horde and beast.

So frustrating and confusing that people STILL complain when my experience has been butter smooth. Seriously, WTF.
Honestly it's really hit and miss for me on ranked and quick match. I have the feeling I'm playing p2p most of the time, since quick matches tends to give me a smoother experience(I'm thinking while it's p2p the huge player base makes up for it). I think it's pretty dependent on region if you get dedi's or not. Just, because your experience has been smooth don't assume that's the case for the rest of us. It's such a shame, in the beta dedi's where amazing next to the 2 days(or more I forgot) downtime, it was such a smooth ride. I have no idea what happened.

sawed off is a little less annoying the last few times i've played. i've been seeing more gnasher users which is nice. can't wait till we get some non-horde multi maps. i'm excited for the horde pack but i'm need more for TDM, ect. so i'm not always having overpass, sandbar, overpass, drydock, sandbar, overpass, gridlock, overpass, sandbar.

Im not even buying any DLC until they give us some maps we can use in TDM.
Horde is nice, but TDM desperately needs more maps IMO. Especially with all the awesome games coming out soon.

Addnan

December DLC announced. Campaign DLC called RAAM's Shadow.

http://majornelson.com/2011/10/20/gears-of-war-3-raams-shadow-game-add-on-coming-dec-13th/ http://epicgames.com/community/2011/10/gears-of-war-3-raam’s-shadow-game-add-on-coming-dec-13th/

edit: just copy and pasting from @Hooligunn's twitter. Spoilering just incase people don't want to know anything about the DLC.

The RAAM's Shadow DLC drops players into the events of Sera post-Emergence Day, as Zeta Squad evacuate Ilima City under Locust Kryll storms!

Players will step into the boots of new characters and old, as well as playing as RAAM in a segment of the campaign DLC!

The squad in the DLC, Zeta Squad, is comprised of Michael Barrick, Minh Young Kim, Tai Kaliso and new female gear Alicia Valera.

MjFrancis

Crap, I wasn't going to pick up any of the DLC until a GOTY edition came out, and now I might have to jump on that.

Is the season pass still available? And if so, for how much?

Anything Gears 1-related is a good thing in my book. RAAM was freaking awesome and I liked the Kryll. Little bastards were unforgiving. More Lieutenant Kim is a good thing, too!

abracadaver

Do you think there will be a free mappack coming soon ?

They have to get the files of all those new characters and weapon skins to all the players somehow. Rod said they will announce when the 3 horde maps will be coming to matchmaking multiplayer on Nov 1st.

I hope they can fix A. Carmine and the classic skins along the way

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Addnan said:

http://majornelson.com/2011/10/20/gears-of-war-3-raams-shadow-game-add-on-coming-dec-13th/ http://epicgames.com/community/2011/10/gears-of-war-3-raam’s-shadow-game-add-on-coming-dec-13th/

edit: just copy and pasting from @Hooligunn's twitter. Spoilering just incase people don't want to know anything about the DLC.

The RAAM's Shadow DLC drops players into the events of Sera post-Emergence Day, as Zeta Squad evacuate Ilima City under Locust Kryll storms!

Players will step into the boots of new characters and old, as well as playing as RAAM in a segment of the campaign DLC!

The squad in the DLC, Zeta Squad, is comprised of Michael Barrick, Minh Young Kim, Tai Kaliso and new female gear Alicia Valera.

That's gonna be pretty sweet. Here's hoping it isn't just a 1 hour playthrough.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
zlatko said:
Cool story bro.

EPIC stated that quick match is P2P only. You will NEVER get a dedicated server picking quick match. That is reserved for ranked versions of game types in the competitive multiplayer.

If I remember what Rod tweeted right, the only times you may get a dedi on quick match is if there is left overs for your region that ranked isn't using. As EPIC has constantly been putting up more since release, and since most people in here have been talking about different moments where they were down during ranked sessions, it's pretty safe to assume that it's a rarity that you are getting dedi's on quick match, especially considering if you are in a busier region for this game.

Most of AUS GAF has been having super smooth online with this game from what I'm reading here, so it seems their regions dedi server count may be in abundance, and thus they can enjoy them in quick matches more so than people in say the USA.

zlatko said:
Uuuuh I got news for you buddy. Quick Matches NEVER have dedi's. Only ranked. LOL. Quick Match runs on P2P only.

All that salt must be effecting your brain. You are completely wrong here.

All adversarial game types have servers. Horde/Beast are P2P.

zlatko

Banned
Alienshogun said:
All that salt must be effecting your brain. You are completely wrong here.

Where is the link I can read that? From what I just googled up, it keeps saying ranked = dedis. Quick match = P2P unless there is extra dedis laying around.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
zlatko said:
Where is the link I can read that? From what I just googled up, it keeps saying ranked = dedis. Quick match = P2P unless there is extra dedis laying around.

I'm not going to look it up for you, go swimming in twitter feeds. I can 100% tell you you're dishing out false information though.

Bossniak

That is bs. Sometimes I join a quick match with all bots and throw my smoke to see if I am host which I was not. There are dedis on quick match.

-PXG-

Addnan said:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Holy shit.

My guess for the six characters:

EDIT

No Alex Brand? Also, I guess they're adding Skorge. If not him, then it must be the Theron Elite. Either of them plus RAAM and the four COG characters makes a total of six.

zlatko

Banned
Alienshogun said:
I'm not going to look it up for you, go swimming in twitter feeds. I can 100% tell you you're dishing out false information though.

I'll take your word on it then and redact my statement, but I've found more games from my personal experience not on dedi's with quick matching living in central USA.

abracadaver

Lima said:
What's wrong with A.Carmine?

He uses the same lines as clayton carmine instead of his own. Sometimes he even says "this is for you anthony"

The other classic characters do not move their mouths when talking and have no eyes.

h3ro

Hmm Chocolate Weapon set. Want.

Raam was such a badass. Made Skorge look like such a pansy. I'm hyped for this DLC! Season Pass looks like it'll be worth it, to me and my friends/GearsGAF anyway.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
zlatko said:
I'll take your word on it then and redact my statement, but I've found more games from my personal experience not on dedi's with quick matching living in central USA.

I'm central US too and haven't been having much issue. Maybe one or two matches with lag. Never a host migration.

Perhaps there's an issue with your ISP?

Arjen

Addnan said:

That sounds pretty awesome, i always love me some more campaign.

zlatko

Banned
Alienshogun said:
I'm central US too and haven't been having much issue. Maybe one or two matches with lag. Never a host migration.

Perhaps there's an issue with your ISP?

It could be. I'll be moving next month to Colorado, so I'll have access to better internet providers. So if it's on my end that should clear it up.

I have had host migrations, but only a handful. Only happened when our team was about to win. :p

My bad on the false info. *eats crow*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom