• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I gain more xps? Also is anyone willing to play beast on insane with me because I want to unlock savage theron guard. Not right now but when I have time to play. Here is my gamertag: DarkBurialX

BrokenBox

DarkBurialX said:
How do I gain more xps? Also is anyone willing to play beast on insane with me because I want to unlock savage theron guard. Not right now but when I have time to play. Here is my gamertag: DarkBurialX

If there are more that would like to do this, I'd be down.

GT: ColdSystem

Alienshogun said:
Seth answers your question,
s
he wouldn't be saying what
s
he's saying if the maps weren't going to go in.
Fixed for future reference. :3

Gnasher only playlist starting today, yeah? Do you guys think there'll be a population spike? I'm hoping so... numbers are the best way to prove a point to Epic.

Seth Balmore said:

Gnasher only playlist starting today, yeah? Do you guys think there'll be a population spike? I'm hoping so... numbers are the best way to prove a point to Epic.
Lies. There are no girls on the internet, least of all those who play Gears.

-PXG-

Seth Balmore said:

Oh...

Stop moochin off your man's account. Get your own.

And both of you need mics. I want to hear them sexy Spanish accents of yours'

:p

Addnan

Seth Balmore said:

Whats your GT now? Haven't seen you on Gears 3 at all I don't think.

-PXG- said:
And both of you need mics. I want to hear them sexy Spanish accents of yours'
Our accents are a trainwreck. xD

Addnan said:
Whats your GT now? Haven't seen you on Gears 3 at all I don't think.
It's the same. I've been using 48-hour codes but it seems people never see me online for some reason even though I am online. :/

I'll probably get a non-ghetto Gold subscription after I'm done with this recent flood of uni stuff, so yeah.

Addnan

Seth Balmore said:

It's the same. I've been using 48-hour codes but it seems people never see me online for some reason even though I am online. :/

I'll probably get a non-ghetto Gold subscription after I'm done with this recent flood of uni stuff, so yeah.
Guessing profile status is hidden inside the privacy settings or preferences?

Addnan said:
Guessing profile status is hidden inside the privacy settings or preferences?
Hmm could be. I'll check later, gotta run now.

A friend tells me Hardcore weekend is online and that Gnasher only playlist has two mutators: Infinite ammo and Must active reload.

abracadaver

Why do I have to restart my game to get the new playlist ? It tells me its downloading the playlist whenever I go to the main menu. However going back to the main screen and back to the main menu does not update anything.

TRios Zen

Rolling with 4 friends last night in TDM, and about halfway through the night had a team of 4 join the quick match we were in. At least I assume they were a team as the other fools we had been playing, we were rolling.

Anyway, played 4 matches against those kids, and while I'd guess we went 3-1 (might have been 2-2, don't remember) EVERY match was down to the last re-spawns on both teams and I'd guess most of them went to 2-1.

I know we lost the last match that I played, and I had to leave the party and give those guys a "good game". Gears 3, where hard fought matches, with evenly matched teams on dedicated servers = F U N

The evenly matched games are the most fun. Rolls can be pretty boring, from both sides of the equation.

Man, between school, work, life, and ARKHAM CITY, I haven't played this game in several days. I need to get back on the horse today.

mernst23

Shrug so much hate for my map ranking. I really don't understand how people can not like Gears 2 maps, granted I only put two of them in my top two tiers, shrug.

Edit: Going for Seriously 3.0 goes by really slowly when your gf doesn't like watching you play gears because it gives her motion sickness. Don't know how I have 9 Onyx Medals and am Rank 55 considering I only play on weekdays after work so I only play maybe 20 hours a week at best. 6 of the 9 of my Onyx medals are in beast mode.

ShaneB

LeonSKennedy90 said:
The evenly matched games are the most fun. Rolls can be pretty boring, from both sides of the equation.

Man, between school, work, life, and ARKHAM CITY, I haven't played this game in several days. I need to get back on the horse today.

Yeah, I've said it before, those close matches with a great rivalry will always be so much fun.

I've been thinking about it recently since I haven't played as much with so many other games, ie Dark Souls... was everyone's recollection of playing Gears 1 for so long just a product of it being the only game in town? I mean Gears 1 was awesome, and there's lots of stories of that being THE game for everyone in the early days of the 360, but now with a constant stream of great titles, that window just seems so much smaller.

Will be playing this weekend with the 5 round Warzone, that'll be good.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Seth Balmore said:

Well, your name IS Seth ;)

Alienshogun said:
Well, your name IS Seth ;)
Haha yeah, the assumption is logical. Chalk it up to wacky Japanese developers using it as a girl name.

A little while now and I'll get my hands on that Hardcore playlist. I'm hearing most people are having a blast and that the population is higher than TDM's.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Seth Balmore said:
Haha yeah, the assumption is logical. Chalk it up to wacky Japanese developers using it as a girl name.

A little while now and I'll get my hands on that Hardcore playlist. I'm hearing most people are having a blast and that the population is higher than TDM's.

Really? I should get on. I'm having elbow issues, so no gym for me today. Gonna get my coffee and gears on in a bit then.

-PXG-

Seth Balmore said:

Ya'll actually use vosotros. Oh, and you use the "th" sound for soft Cs. You people are wierd.

If RagingSpaniard saw this post, he'd murder me.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
-PXG- said:
Ya'll actually use vosotros. Oh, and you use the "th" sound for soft Cs. You people are wierd.

If RagingSpaniard saw this post, he'd murder me.

Vosotros, lulz. So Seth is Spanish, Spanish eh? That's interesting. Need to hear that Spanish lisp!

Ustedes > Vosotros

;)

zlatko

Banned
So execution is still not 5 rounds? I doubt I'll get time to try Gnasher playlist today. Blizzcon today, another SC2 tournament to watch, and Batman finally later tonight.

Does the Gnasher playlist overlap on your execution playlist stats ?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I think Epic is trying to sabotage the hardcore playlist.

It's must active reload, no rifles, infinite ammo.

So all you have is gnasher and pistol and if you miss an active you jam.

Why couldn't they just do lancer/gnasher only?

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Hardcore Weekend! Gnasher only playlist!

First death from Pistol

>>>>>>>wat<<<<<<

also, FFFFFFF. was on a cool little spree and hit left on my Dpad to switch to gnasher [i had my pistol out trying to draw people close], didn't realize that the gnasher was in the primary slot and got my butt handed to me. UGH.

Arjen

zlatko said:
So execution is still not 5 rounds? I doubt I'll get time to try Gnasher playlist today. Blizzcon today, another SC2 tournament to watch, and Batman finally later tonight.

Does the Gnasher playlist overlap on your execution playlist stats ?

Yes i'm pretty sure it does.

-PXG-

Alienshogun said:
I think Epic is trying to sabotage the hardcore playlist.

It's must active reload, no rifles, infinite ammo.

So all you have is gnasher and pistol and if you miss an active you jam.

Why couldn't they just do lancer/gnasher only?

Because that makes too much sense.

TRios Zen

RSTEIN said:
This has got to be the biggest troll ever.

So you want gnashers only, eh?

In other news, at least it counts towards the War Supporter medal, right?!

HAHA. When I saw the addition of the infinite ammo/must re-load mutators, I had to chuckle to myself. Come on epic, you know the Gears community REALLY just want's a no SOS playlist, not all this other stuff!

Lima

Classic playlist

4v4
Gnasher/Lancer/Hammerburst only
Execution/Warzone only and to 5 rounds

You can still do it epic. I believe in you.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Lima said:
Classic playlist

4v4

Hi Lima. We here at Epic take pride in listening to our customers. We're pleased to announce a new playlist based on your suggestion!

New Playlist: "4v4"

Features: 4v4 - just like Gears 1!
Weapons: none.

Ramirez

Lima said:
Classic playlist

4v4

Why leave out KOTH!? :( Annex was in Gears 1 in the end...

zlatko

Banned
Lima said:
Classic playlist

4v4

Never going to happen. It's 100% apparent that EPIC is a bunch of stubborn fucks who like to shoot themselves in the foot over and over.

You want dedis? Naw we got bad ass P2P for Gears 2.

You want classic playlist? Naw dawg we got this bad ass SOS you all gonna love.

Even if there was a thousand man parade outside of their studios trying to convince them of giving us a classic playlist, Cliffy B. would just go, "So you want more downloadable weapon skins?"

Lima

zlatko said:
Even if there was a thousand man parade outside of their studios trying to convince them of giving us a classic playlist, Cliffy B. would just go, "So you want more downloadable weapon skins?"

We should totally do this on Halloween.

I will come as a Theron guard with my pooping brown chocolate lancer.

zlatko

Banned
Lima said:
We should totally do this on Halloween.

I will come as a Theron guard with my pooping brown chocolate lancer.

I'll have my lady friend show up as Anya, and you two can do a real life illustration of the hit box differences on cover. TROLOLOLOLOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom