• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

abracadaver

Ajemsuhgao said:
I have three green skin codes if anyone is willing to trade.

Also, how long is the gnasher weekend running? Does it ending Sunday night, or Monday?

EDIT: Only accepting Gears 3-related codes, or MS point codes or something. Codes for other games don't really help me since the 360 isn't my primary platform.

1 month xbox live gold ?

I'm lvl 70, looking to try and crank out a few lvls this weekend on Horder or KOTH. Anybody up for some good alcohol-fueled weekend fun?

Minus the strippers, I mean.

The Antitype said:
I'm lvl 70, looking to try and crank out a few lvls this weekend on Horder or KOTH. Anybody up for some good alcohol-fueled weekend fun?

Minus the strippers? Count me out.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
The Antitype said:

Just hit 70 tonight. Hit me up if you need someone.

dmg04 said:
Any official word on why there are pistols in a Gnasher Only playlist?
So that the meatshield mechanic doesn't break.

They could've given the Gnasher 99 rounds and the Snub 1 round and that would fix the problem, IMHO. But I guess that's too much of a hassle for a weekend event.

Rickard

Ajemsuhgao said:
I have three green skin codes if anyone is willing to trade.

Also, how long is the gnasher weekend running? Does it ending Sunday night, or Monday?

EDIT: Only accepting Gears 3-related codes, or MS point codes or something. Codes for other games don't really help me since the 360 isn't my primary platform.

You want a Commando Dom?

X-Frame

There should've been a "Classic" Lancer + Gnasher + Snub only playlist TBH. Only Gears 1 power weapons too. That would've been awesome.

What they gave us this weekend just seems too random.

-PXG-

X-Frame said:
There should've been a "Classic" Lancer + Gnasher + Snub only playlist TBH. Only Gears 1 power weapons too. That would've been awesome.

What they gave us this weekend just seems too random.

You know what Epic and naysayers' response to that is?

"Herp derp. Go play Gears 1"

A perma Classic playlist would be the best thing to ever happen to Gears 3. The only thing that could top that, maybe, would be a (FREE...lol) map pack that included remakes of fan favorite Gears 1 maps.

Of course, that would never happen. Again, something like that just makes too much sense. So, of course, no one, who's in the position to make a decision, would want to do it.

Cliff, and the other powers that be, have this silly ass grudge. They need to get over themselves and just accept that the community, overall, prefers the game a specific way. Just make the necessary changes and be done with it. You'll thank us later when the endless praise and cash rolls in.

X-Frame

If I could spend forever in a Classic playlist that has no SOS I would be in heaven.

Also,

Anyone who goes AFK for more than 20 seconds should be auto-kicked. Very frustrating when teammates walk away for 30 seconds every time they die. I'd rather have a bot in there than someone who can't keep their attention on the game for more than 10 minutes.

Hi, Gears gaf! I'm getting the game today and I would love to have some of gears gaf on my friends list. Add me and leave a note that you're from gaf.

Username: theberserker22

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Seth Balmore said:
So that the meatshield mechanic doesn't break.

They could've given the Gnasher 99 rounds and the Snub 1 round and that would fix the problem, IMHO. But I guess that's too much of a hassle for a weekend event.

I got 99 problems, but a snub ain't 1?

;)

Montresor

Can some gaffers help me and my brother out with horde? Difficulty doesn't matter, but I guess it would be nice to knock out the insane medal. Either way I've only done 10 waves and would like to get some vets to school me on the new horde mode.

Ditto with beast.

Edit:

Gt is LordOdadjian.

-PXG-

Freedom = $1.05 said:
Hi, Gears gaf! I'm getting the game today and I would love to have some of gears gaf on my friends list. Add me and leave a note that you're from gaf.

Username: theberserker22

Gears 3 GAF 4

add that gamertag.

X-Frame said:
If I could spend forever in a Classic playlist that has no SOS I would be in heaven.

Also,

Anyone who goes AFK for more than 20 seconds should be auto-kicked. Very frustrating when teammates walk away for 30 seconds every time they die. I'd rather have a bot in there than someone who can't keep their attention on the game for more than 10 minutes.

X-Frame hates people who have to take a piss.

Ice cold

Does anyone else here use the "alternate" control setup?
I found with the standard setup, that I would keep getting stuck to walls when trying to run away.
There was an XBL Gears 3 guide video that suggested this control setup, so I thought I'd give it a shot.
It took a little getting used to, but the alternate setup is much better IMO.
Its funny now, sometimes when Im shooting people, and I can see them trying to get away, but getting stuck on walls instead.

ShaneB

Hoya Destroyer said:
I found with the standard setup, that I would keep getting stuck to walls when trying to run away.
There was an XBL Gears 3 guide video that suggested this control setup, so I thought I'd give it a shot.
Its funny now, sometimes when Im shooting people, and I can see them trying to get away, but getting stuck on walls instead.

Trying it out now actually, thanks for pointing it out, it certainly seems advantageous to avoid getting stuck on cover, will just take a while to get use to it and change from years of Gears playing :) edit: yeah, dying a few times with the change, heh.

Also, the gnasher only playlist is a waste of time. I love using the gnasher sure, but Gears is more than just that. it's about closing distance from all the range weapons to be able to get to that close range. I'll echo it as well, just give us a classic playlist.

-PXG-

Hoya Destroyer said:

For me: Standard, invert Y axis, turn everything to 15, win.

Everything else is inferior.

Get your "pro" all 20 shit out of here :p

cresto

Is there a place I can go to see what they have updates and if servers are up? They keep tweaking things, but don't announce them.

-PXG- said:
You know what Epic and naysayers' response to that is?

"Herp derp. Go play Gears 1"

A perma Classic playlist would be the best thing to ever happen to Gears 3. The only thing that could top that, maybe, would be a (FREE...lol) map pack that included remakes of fan favorite Gears 1 maps.

Of course, that would never happen. Again, something like that just makes too much sense. So, of course, no one, who's in the position to make a decision, would want to do it.

Cliff, and the other powers that be, have this silly ass grudge. They need to get over themselves and just accept that the community, overall, prefers the game a specific way. Just make the necessary changes and be done with it. You'll thank us later when the endless praise and cash rolls in.

You can't blame Epic for not doing this, they DID put the work in and do that for Gears of War 2, included a free code in every new copy. But the vast majority of people that bought the game never actually used the code, so what incentive do they have to do it again?

As for a classic Gears 1 playlist... it would be alright I guess, but now that the SOS has been reeled in a tad, I'm pretty happy with the weapon balance in Gears 3. We just need more (and better) maps.

Montresor

-PXG- said:
Gears 3 GAF 4

add that gamertag.

X-Frame hates people who have to take a piss.

Ice cold

So does that tag just have a collection of gears gaf members in its friends list?

I'll add that. Anyway I'm on right now looking to do horde. I've got a mic and my tag is LordOdadjian.

The Antitype said:
You can't blame Epic for not doing this, they DID put the work in and do that for Gears of War 2, included a free code in every new copy. But the vast majority of people that bought the game never actually used the code, so what incentive do they have to do it again?

As for a classic Gears 1 playlist... it would be alright I guess, but now that the SOS has been reeled in a tad, I'm pretty happy with the weapon balance in Gears 3. We just need more (and better) maps.
It shouldn't be hard at all to get people to download a free map pack. Force them to download it if they want to play multiplayer.

We definitely need new maps though. And they better have a fix for the map rotation in the next patch.

bimet

For those with the comet mutator, am I doing it wrong or is there no instantgib from it? While it looks good, I really wanted to run through everyone and leave behind nothing but cooked locust meat. And yes, I've tried instantgib + comet and nothing.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
bimet said:
For those with the comet mutator, am I doing it wrong or is there no instantgib from it? While it looks good, I really wanted to run through everyone and leave behind nothing but cooked locust meat. And yes, I've tried instantgib + comet and nothing.

It's because you have tiny girl shoulders. If you had massive he-man shoulders such as myself, instagib would always be on.

;)

bimet

Alienshogun said:
It's because you have tiny girl shoulders. If you had massive he-man shoulders such as myself, instagib would always be on.

;)

Hey everybody, this guy discriminates against girl shoulders. Well, at least I don't get shot over cover. I'll take my lean, smooth physique if it means staying alive while I watch you bleed because someone spotted your deformed shoulders.

EDIT: Just saw what comet looks like on other people. They should really increase the size of that flaming ball, because as it is now, it sorta looks like a bunch of people running with fire coming out of their assholes. I dig it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
bimet said:
Hey everybody, this guy discriminates against girl shoulders. Well, at least I don't get shot over cover. I'll take my lean, smooth physique if it means staying alive while I watch you bleed because someone spotted your deformed shoulders.

EDIT: Just saw what comet looks like on other people. They should really increase the size of that flaming ball, because as it is now, it sorta looks like a bunch of people running with fire coming out of their assholes. I dig it.

Pfft, I just lift the ground up and make my own cover. ;)

-PXG- said:
I'm sorry, I'm not on HGH :p

Never touched the stuff. The most I do is whey protein and creatine.

bimet

The Antitype said:
Will do.

Anybody else up for some KOTH or Horde 2.0 tonight or perhaps tomorrow?

If you're short one man for Horde, send some love my way. Will probably be on in about 2 hours. GT is the same as my name here. As for KOTH, I don't hate myself that much to play it. Kidding. I'm cheap and easy; I'll do whatever people drag me into.

Lima

Alright guys.

I just played a couple private matches to record some of the audio cues played at the end of the match. Well I was more looking for one specific audio cue.

So I listened to it like 50 times now and I'm pretty sure Prescott says "The allfathers are stylin'"

And now I'm using my detective cat skills to find out if this is actually true. Messaged a bunch of epic employees. Let's see what they have to say.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Welp, got a team that literally "hid" the whole match on Drydock. They'd just sit at spawn hiding behind whatever they could find. Let's just say the Torque bow and Mortars were killing like no tomorrow.

Also had a 5 game stretch against bots in TDM. Weird that it wouldn't match anyone up against us. I won't complain about 14-0 games, though.

Hit 47/50 achievements tonight.

Got that come in first in Arcade Mode 60 times or whatever achievement left, not feeling like doing it right now. Will get it done some time.

What are your guys' takes on what the most annoying Onyx medals are going to be?

These are my picks:

VENGEFUL
Execute (75/150/300/500) nemeses.

Going to be fixed via Title Update but still.

WAR SUPPORTER
Play in (5/10/20/30) Gears events.

Just going to take forever.

HAMMERBURST
Get (100/500/2000/6000) Hammerburst kills.

I hate this gun.

WINGMAN
Play (100/300/1000/3000) Wingman matches.

Wingman is a boring-ass mode so not looking forward to this.

Plus any and all campaign-related medals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom