• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
After using the hammy exclusively for a couple days i can safely say this. Headshot modifier. Slightly larger clip. I beat lancer users straight up fairly consistently..but always inevitably get 90 percent of my kills stolen on i get killed upon reload. So im using the hammy down switch to snub 'trick' but no reason why it shouldn't have a headshot modifier at the very least.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
abracadaver said:
It would make the weapon way too powerful. For a skilled player it probably already is the best starting weapon.

Disagree. Active lancer with the clip of forever has a headshot modifier. Considerably easier and more versatile. For a skilled player its ten times easier to get kills with the lancer than the hammerburst.

abracadaver

Gr1mLock said:
Disagree. Active lancer with the clip of forever has a headshot modifier. Considerably easier and more versatile. For a skilled player its ten times easier to get kills with the lancer than the hammerburst.

Active Lancer ? Never saw a headshot with it. Is it only when you reload the full clip ?

Gr1mLock said:
After using the hammy exclusively for a couple days i can safely say this. Headshot modifier. Slightly larger clip. I beat lancer users straight up fairly consistently..but always inevitably get 90 percent of my kills stolen on i get killed upon reload. So im using the hammy down switch to snub 'trick' but no reason why it shouldn't have a headshot modifier at the very least.

What I'd like: at least twice the clip size (why the hell not??) and a normal active reload. Why the fuck did the HB get this backwards AR?

The weapon is already hard enough to use because you have to fire it manually AND they remove the headshot multiplier, reduce the clip and screw with the active reload. Grrr.

Risk Breaker said:
What I'd like: at least twice the clip size (why the hell not??) and a normal active reload. Why the fuck did the HB get this backwards AR?

The weapon is already hard enough to use because you have to fire it manually AND they remove the headshot multiplier, reduce the clip and screw with the active reload. Grrr.

Wait, what's different about the AR?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Risk Breaker said:

I mean its a marksman weapon..treat it like one. It has zero stopping power and is USELESS fired from the hip. So embellish its other features. Bigger clip, headshot modifier..hell have it be able to pop heads off (eh i like the cosmetic aspect). Just give people an incentive. I mean its great but aside from hardcore team coordinated players using it there seems to be no real incentive for average players to use it.

So whenever I join a Horde match now, the default difficulty is Hardcore.

Is this because I cleared Normal?

Hardcore is...really tough. And the people that join my match struggle like crazy against it, and we usually all end up quitting on wave 10. I know I could collect a few mutators to make this process easier, but I'm really curious about why default is now Hardcore. Is there no way to drop this down? Are the people matched up with me also people who have beaten Horde on normal?

abracadaver

adversesolutions said:
So whenever I join a Horde match now, the default difficulty is Hardcore.

Is this because I cleared Normal?

Hardcore is...really tough. And the people that join my match struggle like crazy against it, and we usually all end up quitting on wave 10. I know I could collect a few mutators to make this process easier, but I'm really curious about why default is now Hardcore. Is there no way to drop this down? Are the people matched up with me also people who have beaten Horde on normal?

Check the ingame calendar. Its hardcore weekend

Ajemsuhgao said:
Wait, what's different about the AR?
The perfect active notch is placed nearly at the end of the AR bar, so you have to choose whether you want a quick AR with no bonus or wait to nail the perfect AR and get that damage boost.

What pisses me off is that however you choose to reload, your downs WILL get stolen. :(

h3ro

Delta Squad!

GCG9I.jpg

Baird, Dom, Marcus and the Cole Train!

(it's a shot from the Expendables 2 movie set)

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Haven't been posting much here on GAF since I'm on this slow temp PC, but to add to the group of people from a few days ago, Gears 3 has been pretty flawless for me since launch, and even the off-server matches have been excellent, and I only know when I'm not on dedicated servers when I somehow teleport after jumping over cover - which has happened only about five or six times since launch.

Dunno what new knowledge Joe Graf learned since Gears 2, but it's like night and day now with the netcode.

And I totally agree on boosting the Hammerburst up again - it's my favorite rifle still, but aside from the fact that I want to Onyx all my weapons, I find myself getting too comfortable with the brain-dead easy Lancer. The headshot modifier was oh-so good on the Hammerburst in the beta, I wish it would return because it's so damn easy to get someone in the head with the Lancer by holding down the trigger, so you gotta give Hammerburst users SOME credit for doing the same but with having to hammer the trigger manually.

adversesolutions said:
Hit 47/50 achievements tonight.

Got that come in first in Arcade Mode 60 times or whatever achievement left, not feeling like doing it right now. Will get it done some time.

What are your guys' takes on what the most annoying Onyx medals are going to be?

These are my picks:

VENGEFUL
Execute (75/150/300/500) nemeses.

Going to be fixed via Title Update but still.

WAR SUPPORTER
Play in (5/10/20/30) Gears events.

Just going to take forever.

HAMMERBURST
Get (100/500/2000/6000) Hammerburst kills.

I hate this gun.

WINGMAN
Play (100/300/1000/3000) Wingman matches.

Wingman is a boring-ass mode so not looking forward to this.

Plus any and all campaign-related medals.

Vengeful is really the worst for me by far since that actually means I'd have to die at the hands of someone 5 times for starters, and then actually have to execute them for the medal and not just kill them.

War Supporter I don't mind so much as it's just one match for that whole weekend, and I know that I'll be playing Gears 3 for years to come.

Wingman, I love it, but damn that is going to take forever with how that mode is structured - went on a nice long streak in Wingman with a friend last week though, to the point where we killed every single person on the other team a few times.

DoomGyver

I want a classic playlist so bad.

5v5
lancer/hammy/gnasher

Complement that with fuel depot, war machine, process (would be awesome with the Gears 3 lighting effects/immulsion), and canals.

a man can dream

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I haven't felt compelled to play all weekend. Guess I just need a little break. Gonna work on some Ethics homework today, then study for my statistics midterm instead.

BF3 is gonna get some love this week too. Should be a nice little break before coming back.

bob page

Holy fuck, the final boss on hardcore is frustrating me so much... I'm stuck on the last part (with the tower). It would be so much better if asshole locust didn't spawn all around me while I try to shoot the wings. And fuck you Baird, Cole, etc. for being completely ineffective during this battle.

Robot Pants

Full Recovery said:
I want a classic playlist so bad.

4v4
lancer/hammy/gnasher

Complement that with fuel depot, war machine, process (would be awesome with the Gears 3 lighting effects/immulsion), and canals.

a man can dream

fixed dat for ya

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Because joining mid-match with your preferred character would mean everyone else in the game would have to stop and load it unless it was already loaded into the match...

Montresor

I'm on right now with one other GAF member, doing horde on insane! We could really use three more guys.

My GT is LordOdadjian. The other GAFer's GT is semiarticulate. I don't know his GAF name though, heh (I'll ask him in a second).

Please send us messages via XBL, we'd love to get this going. =D

malfcn

Damn. I am at 66 because I stopped playing for about a week, and then they nerfed the XP. Gonna be awhile for me. And the War Supporter medal is going to be milked out for a long time methinks.

X-Frame

Does Warzone/Execution give the same amount of points per kill as every other mode?

It seems like it, and that doesn't make much sense. In SND on COD you get I think 5x the points per kill because of no respawn. I'm assuming the low points is why those modes are graveyards.

MjFrancis

Should have been obvious to Epic that this would happen. Lucky I'm in for the long haul, so while I'm only a level 30 I'll be playing off and on for the next year or so. That and XP events will kick in eventually and title updates will right wrongs.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
D4Danger said:
I'm 84 now

it's taking me ages to rank up because of the nerf
Yeah. It's kind of funny, a few 22's were playing with me the other day and assumed i had no life because i was so high in rank, when i explained the EXP had been nerfed they said the only poon i was getting was anyas.

Feelsbadman

Also; Fuck you epic

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
dmg04 said:
Yeah. It's kind of funny, a few 22's were playing with me the other day and assumed i had no life because i was so high in rank, when i explained the EXP had been nerfed they said the only poon i was getting was anyas.

Feelsbadman

Also; Fuck you epic

The funny thing is I know a guy who is 100 and all he does is play Gears, even skipped fall semester so he could just play gears. Lives at home with his parents, no girlfriend/boyfriend, no job etc.

After a match someone asked him if he ever saw pussy with his 100.

I laughed my ass off because there was no comeback for him, in this case, that dude was 100% on the dot.

lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom