• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
CyReN said:

Jesus, they have our money, now they bungle shit and still haven't given the community what we want.

Epic, we am disappoint.

https://twitter.com/#!/AlienShogun/status/131194006364356608

My reply.

@GearsofWar3 Since you can't get DLC out on time, or working on more than just P2P how about a classic playlist? @GearsViking

Cliff, you read this shit, do something to make us happy for once.

-PXG-

Is it time to get mad now?

tumblr_lex5nyYv2g1qbmtqy.gif

-PXG-

Well, tonight, I found out that tomorrow's news isn't about the Classic playlist and that the DLC (that is on the disc, but paid for again, through the Season Pass) is delayed. This is fucking awesome. I'm sad to say that I will not be shitting my pants...

I'm actually laughing. I really don't care since I'll be at work anyway. And even when we can get the DLC, we're stuck playing in private games anyway. I look forward to the fucking tsunami of bitching that will ensue tonight. The level of idiocy that exists on Epic's forums almost rivals those who post on Youtube. Those posts are comedy gold and straight up hilarious. People get sooooo mad over there.

Anyway, I feel bad for Epic though. It sucks that a lot of people's hard work gets undermined by something like this. Rod better start preparing several pots of coffee and put a bucket under his chair. His Twitter is gonna blow the fuck up tonight. Cliff...he could give a shit. He's probably snorting coke off some hooker's ass crack and downing caviar jello shots in Vegas right now.

Seriously though, this sucks for Epic. So much more damage control. They don't need this right now. But hey...how do they expect people to react to this?

I ain't even mad *shrugs*

-PXG- said:
Well, tonight, I found out that tomorrow's news isn't about the Classic playlist and that the DLC (that is on the disc, but paid for again, through the Season Pass) is delayed. This is fucking awesome. I'm sad to say that I will not be shitting my pants...

I'm actually laughing. I really don't care since I'll be at work anyway. And even when we can get the DLC, we're stuck playing in private games anyway. I look forward to the fucking tsunami of bitching that will ensue tonight.

Then agian, I feel bad for Epic though. So much unnecessary damage control. But hey...how do they expect people to react to this?

What DLC delayed? why? how? Sad

Edit: just read the thread, "technical issues" Ew, you have had like 2 month since the game went gold for this on disc unlock to work and its still broke its bad enough the content is on disc and then you pissed people of with the skin pack crap now your delaying DLC iv already paid for TWICE". Epic step your game up.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
-PXG- said:

I'm actually laughing. I really don't care since I'll be at work anyway. And even when we can get the DLC, we're stuck playing in private games anyway. I look forward to the fucking tsunami of bitching that will ensue tonight. The level of idiocy that exists on Epic's forums almost rivals those who post on Youtube. Those posts are comedy gold and straight up hilarious. People get sooooo mad over there.

Anyway, I feel bad for Epic though. It sucks that a lot of people's hard work gets undermined by something like this. Rod better start preparing several pots of coffee and put a bucket under his chair. His Twitter is gonna blow the fuck up tonight. Cliff...he could give a shit. He's probably snorting coke off some hooker's ass crack and downing cavier jello shots in Vegas right now.

.So much unnecessary damage control and effort is going to go on to cool people down. But hey...how do they expect people to react to this?

If you ain't mad, you ain't trying. Get mad bruh.

abracadaver said:
How do you delay DLC thats already on the disc ?

I just hope its only delayed for a few hours and not days.
Unlikely, I think if they miss the marketplace update window we have to wait till either tomorow at the earliest or the next big MP update which is thursday?

-PXG-

Fuck winter, rage is coming. Forget the white walkers and whatever is behind the wall. The rage tonight will be of biblical proportions.

-PXG- said:
Fuck winter, rage is coming. Forget the white walkers and whatever is behind the wall. The rage tonight will be of biblical proportions.

Damn right. we delayed your 106kb unlock key disguised as a 200mb download because were busy giving everyone pumpkin heads.

-PXG-

I'm not gonna point fingers, since we don't have the full story, or any details at all. However, this is a pretty big fuck up, on top of the fact that most of the content in this pack is on the disc, paid and unavailable in Versus. I mean...how could this be worse? Upon installation, it resets your rank and stats, deletes your save file and makes your console red ring...that...would be amazing. Oh, and makes your house catch on fire, your dog die, your GF to break up with you and give you a STD, all at once.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
-PXG- said:
I'm not gonna point fingers, since we don't have the full story, or any details at all. However, this is a pretty big fuck up, on top of the fact that most of the content in this pack is on the disc, paid and unavailable in Versus. I mean...how could this be worse? Upon installation, it resets your rank and stats, deletes your save file and makes your console red ring...that...would be amazing. Oh, and makes your house catch on fire, your dog die, your GF to break up with you and give you a STD, all at once.

Nah man, stat reset costs extra.

DLC ON THE DISC gets delayed less then a day before it comes out

Classic Playlist not coming

UC3 and Sonic Generations finally releasing

Every day, I want to play this game less and less

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
ViewtifulJC said:

BF3 (actually good)

MW3 (retard fun, everyone likes it in doses)

Skyrim

Ghost Recon beta in January.

Epic needs to do more shit to stay relevant. I already bought the season pass, but that doesn't mean I feel compelled to play the game right now. And the less likely I am to play the game (even though I've already paid for everything) the less likely I am to buy any future Epic game.

With this game it's not the MP connectivity that's going to kill it, it's the shitty customer service and taking advantage of fans.

-PXG-

ViewtifulJC said:

Yet....

Oh, and less modern Sonic, more classic Sonic. I'm never falling into that wretched cycle.

Alienshogun said:
BF3 (actually good)

MW3 (retard fun, everyone likes it in doses)

Skyrim

Ghost Recon beta in January.

Epic needs to do more shit to stay relevant. I already bout the season pass, but that doesn't mean I feel compelled to play the game right now.

Don't matter. They got yo monaaaay. Laughing like Bernie Madoff, before he got caught, that is.

-PXG- said:
I'm not gonna point fingers, since we don't have the full story, or any details at all. However, this is a pretty big fuck up, on top of the fact that most of the content in this pack is on the disc, paid and unavailable in Versus. I mean...how could this be worse? Upon installation, it resets your rank and stats, deletes your save file and makes your console red ring...that...would be amazing.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Gears 3 launch really hasnt been too good.

Modders/pirates find multiple sections of DLC on disc

Epic Annouce a week before launch that their charging 3600 points for textures

Season pass annouced(good thing) first pack of DLC is all on the disc (bad thing)

(media speak)Worldwide green skin promo (realworld) green skin promo for half of US via crappy restaurant)

DLC pack unplayable in onine games because of "technical issue"

7 Hours before primarly on disc DLC pack goes live it gets indefinatly delayed for "technical issue".

All this on top of a game that shipped with a majorly broken weapon and different sized hitboxes despite claims against the latter.

RAAM's shadow better be the start of the upward climb for gears 3, i loved the SP and horde/beast/MP are great but all the external stuff is really getting to me now (and i was defending them at first)

-PXG-

A lot of games this Fall have had "rough" launches. Gears, Batman, BF3. More are to come. Believe that.

But hey, they've all sold well. Most consumers don't care. Publishers could give a fuck. Poor devs get all the unnecessary blame.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
-PXG- said:
Don't matter. They got yo monaaaay. Laughing like Bernie Madoff, before he got caught, that is.

Like I said though, that doesn't matter since unless they start improving their customer service, they ultimately will lose me as a revenue source.

And if I'm feeling this way, there are more.

But yeah, they got my money this time.

Fool me once, shame on you.

I won't be fooled twice.

-PXG-

Alienshogun said:
Like I said though, that doesn't matter since unless they start improving their customer service, they ultimately will lose me as a revenue source.

And if I'm feeling this way, there are more.

But yeah, they got my money this time.

Fool me once, shame on you.

I won't be fooled twice.

They fooled all of us once. It's called Gears 2...

-PXG- said:
A lot of games this Fall have had "rough" launches. Gears, Batman, BF3. More are to come. Believe that.

But hey, they've all sold well. Most consumers don't care. Publishers could give a fuck. Poor devs get all the unnecessary blame.

BF3 is nearly unplayable 50% of the time so i agree with that. Batman bar the freezing issue is pretty flawless ( i have zero problems with project $10, buying used games helps no one but greedy stores) But i wouldnt say epic dont deserve some of the blame for this its a pretty major fuck up and i dont think it was caused by microsoft.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
-PXG- said:
They fooled all of us once. It's called Gears 2...

Different scenarios.

That wasn't customer service, it was some technical fuck up.

I'm specifically talking about customer service at this point, which is non existent.

There's more taking advantage of their fans than serving their fans going on.

Give us the 4 preorder skins for free and ill consider this matter closed.

Edit: its nice to want things, but seriously 7 hours before launch is pretty shit compensation would go a long way to showing the fans they arnt as bad as the current light paints them

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
StalkerUKCG said:
Give us the 4 preorder skins for free and ill consider this matter closed.

Edit: its nice to want things, but seriously 7 hours before launch is pretty shit compensation would go a long way to showing the fans they arnt as bad as the current light paints them
What's this about compensation now?

Korosenai

I really wish I didn't buy the season pass considering I haven't played this game in about two weeks, and probably wont play it again once skyrim, sr3, and halo ce comes out. I would have bought Raams shadow though, but this is just getting stupid.

i suggested in the Epic forums that some form of free weapon skin might be nice compensation if this delay lasts longer than a few days.

truthfully, I'm kind of hoping this delay is a result of Epic trying to add the three maps to VS playlists.

Lima

I actually think these "technical problems" are because of the season pass. Considering the way the xbox marketplace works there is currently no way to get you this pack for free if you have already downloaded the season pass.

They would have to add this item right to your download queue which I was told is not working.

MS being the publisher of the game they should have thought about this issue earlier though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lima said:
I actually think these "technical problems" are because of the season pass. Considering the way the xbox marketplace works there is currently no way to get you this pack for free if you have already downloaded the season pass.

They would have to add this item right to your download queue which I was told is not working.

MS being the publisher of the game they should have thought about this issue earlier though.
Well.. Forza's DLC comes out tomorrow too, and no delay there for Season Pass buyers that I hear of.

As for the actual mechanism for the DLC, it's quite a mystery. Adding straight to the download queue is a bad idea though, isn't it? Autodownloads for those who may not want to, adding to your purchase history would be better, but even still not a perfect solution in the XBLM system.

Either way, Epic logistics fuckup #149324.

enzo_gt said:
Well.. Forza's DLC comes out tomorrow too, and no delay there for Season Pass buyers that I hear of.

As for the actual mechanism for the DLC, it's quite a mystery. Adding straight to the download queue is a bad idea though, isn't it? Autodownloads for those who may not want to, adding to your purchase history would be better, but even still not a perfect solution in the XBLM system.

Either way, Epic logistics fuckup #149324.

Gears 3 on launch detects season pass, has a popup detailing the content and a "download now" selection, Once selected guide/marketplace opens with a download now option and a "item price = 0.00 modifer attached.

Lima

StalkerUKCG said:
MK9 season pass worked fine, 3rd party group with 0 first party ties. No excuse.

Mortal Kombat's characters were delayed for the very same reason. It was only a day though.

Lima said:
Mortal Kombat's characters were delayed for the very same reason. It was only a day though.
I dont remember any delay any articles or anything detailing it? Even still forza 4 dosnt seem to be having this issue. And beyond that Gears for all intents and purposes is a first party game it should not be having these issues.

Montresor

Maybe it is time to get mad, hehe. On-disc DLC being delayed is ridiculous, nevermind the absurdity of paying 2400 points for a season pass and then having the first batch of multiplayer maps not work in online versus, lol. That is totally unreal.

Having said that, I love this game. The campaign on insane arcade is so fun and chaotic, especially in a four-man group. I managed to reach Act 3 Chapter 4 with the help of a gaffer and some randoms on arcade insane. I can't wait to beat it there because I'll get two onyx medals in one shot (regular and arcade campaign on insane) and the exp will be glorious.

Ive found the criticism in the thread to be excessive at times. I have no problem at all with the SOS, I don't give a shit about a classic playlist, I think the weekend events have been neat so far, and pretty much the whole package is near gaming perfection for me. I love bouncing from horde to beast to campaign. When I first got the game I played versus online exclusively until I got to about level 45. Then I discovered the awesomeness of beast and horde and not until then did it dawn on me that this game has an unbelievable amount of content.

Anyway, I've only had two gripes with the game so far, and that's the dumb horde events not counting towards War Supporter and the fact that it's too easy for the game to reset your file and stats. In all three Gears games I've had my files randomly wiped (thankfully in Gears 3 only achievement progress was wiped - I kept all my ribbons, medals and skins and executions, etc).

Glad I didn't buy the Season Pass for this game. I would have bought it the first week had the SOS not left such a shit taste in my mouth. I think I'm going to pass on the DLC for this one. I've been burned by Gears too many times. They'll never get it right.

Addnan

This game just makes me more and more angry.

Was planning to play tonight on the new maps in custom and now they don't know how to unlock the maps or whatever the problem is.

Ill be patient with Epic even though there is no reason for this to happen. Id be mad if I actually paid for my season pass. (Got it free with the points from the tmobile thing a week ago.)

abracadaver

Lets hope they dont need another title update to fix whatever it is. A TU would take 2 weeks to be released. I hope the delay is just a few hours.

zlatko

Banned
*shrug* I had already decided I was trading this game in a while ago during that rage like a week ago. Just waiting for someone to buy it in the b/s/t thread.

See you in 2 years when your collective heads are out of your asses EPIC. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom