• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballistik

I would of preferred boomshots or snipers exclusively, but not together. I try to snipe and I get blown up, I aim my boomshot and my head gets blown up. Not fun trying to guess which type of battle to have!

Pistol shouldn't be allowed, or just load it with one bullet if EPIC has an excuse for that too.

Digger playlist seems pretty good though, but of course it'll be ruined somehow. Probably be like torque bow playlist where everyone is scurrying around looking for ammo/depending on the pistol.

Montresor

Thanks so much to gaffers who helped me get Beast and Horde onyx medals (50 waves on insane and 12 insane beast waves without dying). I just got my gold medic medal in beast and finally unlocked the Kantus... so I'm probably going to take a break from beast. But of course anyone that wants help with beast/horde, just hit me up (GT is in my profile).

I'd really like to get a group to do 4-player arcade campaign on insane difficulty. That could knock out multiple onyx medals and achievements in one go.

njean777

Think I am gonna take a long break from this game, broke a controller in a fit of rage earlier. This is the only game that makes me this angry.

zlatko

Banned
njean777 said:
Think I am gonna take a long break from this game, broke a controller in a fit of rage earlier. This is the only game that makes me this angry.

0ecDZ.gif

Im loving Boom Snipes. Pulled off an amazing comeback where it was just me against 5 and over came the odds. 3 headshots and 2 boom kills. Can you dig it sounds like it can be some fun.

-PXG-

njean777 said:

Maaaaan. This motherfucker was so cheap. Fucking strafing and wallbouncing son. He thought he was soooo good, with his so-called skill and what not. What the fuck ever kid. What a try hard bitch. Running strats with his no-life level 100 team. Get out of here.

I mean, he was like, timing his shots and actually aiming. Such fucking bullshit. It's so unfair that the Gnasher can shoot so fast. Reloading is too easy. 16 bullets? Come on, that's waaay much. Plus, it's a shotgun. Why the hell does it have range? That shit should be melee range and do zero damage anything beyond that. What the fuck? Fuck this sorry ass game.

-PXG- said:
Maaaaan. This motherfucker was so cheap. Fucking strafing and wallbouncing son. He thought he was soooo good, with his so-called skill and what not. What the fuck ever kid. What a try hard bitch. Running strats with his no-life level 100 team. Get out of here.

I mean, he was like, timing his shots and actually aiming. Such fucking bullshit. It's so unfair that the Gnasher can shoot so fast. Reloading is too easy. 16 bullets? Come on, that's waaay much. Plus, it's a shotgun. Why the hell does it have range? That shit should be melee range and do zero damage anything beyond that. What the fuck? Fuck this sorry ass game.
*tips hat off*

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
-PXG- said:

Welcome to the dark side. I hope your taking notes, Epic.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ToyMachine228 said:
So no one for the last boss in Insane? Who has the suggested mutators?
It's fucking impossible without mutators in co-op. I know because I've given up after probably 5+ hours on the last boss in 2 player co-op alone.

enzo_gt said:
It's fucking impossible without mutators in co-op. I know because I've given up after probably 5+ hours on the last boss in 2 player co-op alone.
I got it with 2 player co-op and no mutators. It's not THAT bad.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
thewesker said:
I got it with 2 player co-op and no mutators. It's not THAT bad.
On Insane?

I would love for you to explain how you get through the entire last stage of the final boss. Seriously.

-PXG- said:

Nah, dawg. Fo' real. This shit was something else. At one point, he even took cover and waited. Who does that? Everyone knows that an authentic and FAIR shotgun battle consists solely of roadie running up to each other, blowing your loads into each other's faces and running away, shriveled up and emasculated. I mean, that shit makes this game what it is, bro. No questionz.

Fucking noob.

njean777

-PXG- said:

Great assumption making. Never said one of those things.

mickcenary said:
Nah, dawg. Fo' real. This shit was something else. At one point, he even took cover and waited. Who does that? Everyone knows that an authentic and FAIR shotgun battle consists solely of roadie running up to each other, blowing your loads into each other's faces and running away, shriveled up and emasculated. I mean, that shit makes this game what it is, bro. No questionz.

Fucking noob.

And this people is why Epic could give a fuck less about any hardcore players opinion about a classic playlist. You guys come off as complete and utter dicks. Now I know why people have a problem with gaming, you are the exact reason.

njean777 said:
And this people is why Epic could give a fuck less about any hardcore players opinion about a classic playlist. You guys come off as complete and utter dicks. Now I know why people have a problem with gaming, you are the exact reason.

oh, you mad

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
thewesker said:
You just have to focus on her. That's the key. Don't dick around with the locust.
Was hoping for something more specific, like a preferred sequence of where to get Myrrah to latch on to the building from. It comes to a point where no matter which strategies you try, Guards hook on, obstruct your path, or sneak/spawn from behind you. Differently every time resulting in a failed attempt. Unless I'm missing something here.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
-PXG- said:
At the end of the day, Epic knows that the dedicated fans will buy their stuff anyway. They have our money, so at this point, nothing really matters. Sure, some will drop off, but most will stick around, in hopes that, eventually, their suggestions will be addressed and put into effect. Some folks are pissed now, but let them simmer down, and once Epic announces their next game in a few years, watch those people jump back on board. People forget things quickly, especially when you put something shiny in front of them. I'm surprised Gears 3 sold as well as it did, after the train wreck that was Gears 2. Then again, the beta won back a lot of good will, and rightfully so. Gears actually works now. That alone makes the game worth buying. Aside from a few balancing issues, Gears 3 is a fantastic game.

They can ignore (to an extent) the "hardcore" players, knowing that most will put up with the game. There is no such guarantee with new/ casual players. Thats why things like the SOS, the Retro, progression bars, medals, ribbons and special events exist. It's to keep those who really aren't into Gears to stay hooked and not play (read: buy) something else. Epic knows that vets of the series will stay, because no other game offers the core mechanics that Gears has. Those players are content with the bread and butter close quarters combat that the series is known for. All the other accouterments are for everyone else, or those who want a little more bang for their buck.

Gears ain't Gears unless it pisses you off. Part of the fun is raging your ass off, and laughing about it later.

And the funny part is that all the fixes the hardcore audience wants are pretty simple. To their credit epic really did try to patch the shit out of the abysmal wreck that was gears 2, so if nothing else there's the prospect of hope in the future.

-PXG-

njean777 said:
Great assumption making. Never said one of those things.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present the new president and CEO of Morton Salt.

njean777 said:
Yeah I am mad, you guys are flaming me for voicing my damn opinion about a damn game. Talk about reasonable.

Ha. I was only joshin', mang. I'm sure you have your reasons, but it does puzzle me that you're infuriated with the Gnasher of all weapons. The only logical conclusion I can come to is that you're either really mediocre (sorry, brah) or that you're wanting this game to play like something that it just isn't.

The Gnasher does what it does just fine and I think 95% of people would agree.

-PXG-

njean777 said:
Yeah I am mad, you guys are flaming me for voicing my damn opinion about a damn game. Talk about reasonable.

You must be new to Gears, or else none of this ragging or shit talking would be getting to you. Just saying...

2San

Bah frustration boiled pretty high today. I really need a classic play list for long term enjoyment. I never really noticed, since not a lot of people use the retro. In a CQC map like checkout the Retro really is a bitch. In certain places you simply can't run or do anything, but die from the Retro. To only way to counter the Retro is to surround yourself in favorable cover. I always thought it's fair since you give up your ranged options to use it, but this shit really pisses me off. Epic please just give us a classic playlist and get it over it. I really tried loving Gears 3. While the SOS is annoying you can at least run from from it or counter it in most situations(it's just lag that messes things up at times). >_>

This game makes me so bipolar.

2San said:
This game makes me so bipolar.

So true. I'm a very mellow person; I rarely get angry at anything, let alone video games, but catch me after a bad session of Gears and you'll hate me.

Also, I spent a good 20 seconds running away from an SOS user the other night. It was really dumb.

2San

mickcenary said:
So true. I'm a very mellow person; I rarely get angry at anything, let alone video games, but catch me after a bad session of Gears and you'll hate me.

Also, I spent a good 20 seconds running away from an SOS user the other night. It was really dumb.
6DG6N.png

This game can make the nicest person curse out. I never scream while I game, but I do with Gears. It's magical really.

I'm laughing just thinking about this looked. Some of my friends run as well and w8 for someone else to pick the SOS user off(doesn't happen that much, but it's hilarious to watch). I just go for the attack though. If he's really close. I use the back roll -> shotgun. Or else I do the 180 shotgun and then back roll. Risky, but I'd rather die then run for that long. :p

njean777

-PXG- said:
You must be new to Gears, or else none of this ragging or shit talking would be getting to you. Just saying...

Like others have said it makes me rage and I don't know why, I am better at fps I will concede I am not very good at this game. But I still do like it. I am not horrible, but am not a pro. Been playing BF3 all day and I never rage at it like I do gears. But oh well, I will still play this game.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Yeah, you know, running away from the Retro is basically useless.

I just realized that I run away from SOS users. I fucking have to run away. What the hell is that? ;_;

Stat Flow said:
Yeah, you know, running away from the Retro is basically useless.

I just realized that I run away from SOS users. I fucking have to run away. What the hell is that? ;_;
Imagine that, you have to adjust to the way a game plays because it's not the exact same as the last one.

Top 3 (tough, I know) maps?

For me:

Checkout
Thrashball
Mercy

I've also done a complete 180 on Sandbar. Hogging the Longshot and playing "behind the scenes", so to speak, is very fun.

Checkout is pimp. And I always have a good time on Gridlock, but seeing as it's a re-hash of a re-hash, I chose not to include it. Superb map, though. I'm looking forward to Blood Drivin' with an Onyx Guard.

ShaneB

Gridlock just doesn't feel the same to me anymore with the new colour palette (or lack thereof).

Not sure I have a top 3 since I enjoy a bunch, but I just want the map rotation fixed so I can at least enjoy all the maps.

Pains me to say it but I worry Gears 3 just won't have the staying power for me :( Hope I'm proven wrong, but it's just a feeling of knowing how many other games I want to play are out there.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
The game should have shipped with more maps. The bad cycles also dont help the feeling like youre playing in the same 3 areas every time.

malfcn

Sweet. Lag! And more kill thieves. :)

I love evading around a corner to have the game roll me back to where I ran away from and get stomped. What gives?

Kajiba

JambiBum said:
Pumpkin heads! Also everyone needs to hold LB and look at your teammates heads. It is hilarious.

Hahaha. Everyone's heads are really small.

Also dont forget to put your Flame weapon Skins on. Get a different skin put on. Only did it with the gnasher but it looks pretty sick. Not sure if its the same for the other weapons though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom