• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

malfcn

So I guess I can live with the delay, so I try to play.

Get spawned on a team losing with a few lives left. Awesome. I spawn with an SOS (oops), I shot a guy, he doesn't die, then I do (he SOS too). I then roll up on someone, pull the trigger, nothing happens, I die. Bravo.

A new match. Someone literally runs through a clip of lancer (lol at stopping power?), then I get warped around cover back into bullets and die.

Down a guy, put another 2 seconds of lancer in them. Guy runs over and picks him up. I get downed, crawl away onto to get warped back and 1 bullet kills me.

What is this, I shot him and he takes no damage, and I do (with same guns!)
Was standing behind a team mate. The team mate got hit by an SOS and I got kill, but he didn't.

Is it lag, the engine, what?!

I want a snipers only playlist. (Infinite ammo, and no pistols damnit!) I just got my 100 headshots over the weekend and it was pretty fun minus the annoying boom. I guess ill put this game down for a few days since they somehow cant get on disk dlc to release on time. lol

abracadaver said:
No DLC today
@HammerOfWynn is there a chance the dlc will be coming out today? even if its 11:59pm?

@Swift_Dreamer no
Ah, so they do know something, yet they're telling everyone on the official forums they have no idea how long this delay will be. Community management +1!

Delaying disc-locked content is like a bad industry joke. I could never have predicted this, and I'm well aware of Epic's track record in situations like this one. It's just that sad.

abracadaver

Seth Balmore said:
Ah, so they do know something, yet they're telling everyone on the official forums they have no idea how long this delay will be. Community management +

Apparently they knew about it since last week, they just waited to tell us about it until 6 hours before launch. >:-(

We are sorry to have to report today that the scheduled release of the first DLC for “Gears of War 3”, the Horde Command Pack has been delayed.  We experienced a technical issue late last week during some of our final testing, and were unable to resolve the problem today to ensure a timely release.  No one is more disappointed than ourselves over this unexpected development.  We are working as fast as we can to identify the issue and get the package out to all of our fans.  We will get the content live the minute we have confirmed a fix and let everyone know that it is ready to go.

http://gearsofwar.xbox.com/en-US/news/article/2011-10-dlc1-delayed

abracadaver said:
Apparently they knew about it since last week, they just waited to tell us about it until 6 hours before launch
There aren't enough "HAHAHA, OH WOW" pictures on the internet to express what I'm feeling right now.

Xamdou

Bought the season pass the same day Gears 3 launched because I wanted more maps as soon as possible. I am still pissed that they shipped Gears 3 with only 10 maps, now the November 1st DLC is delayed and they didn't even give any advanced notice that it will be prior today. Tis a good day to be a Gears fan.

Kajiba

Probably gonna get season pass in december when the RAAM dlc drops. Really interested in that more than horde command.

And yeah, It's pretty silly that on disc dlc is getting delayed to god knows when. Epic is messing up.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
StalkerUKCG said:
Gears 3 on launch detects season pass, has a popup detailing the content and a "download now" selection, Once selected guide/marketplace opens with a download now option and a "item price = 0.00 modifer attached.
Interesting, thanks for the explanation.

I was going to buy the season pass then I later found out the first batch of maps were Horde.

Why are Epic making so many missteps; this could be absolutely brilliant but they appear to be so unwilling to react.

zlatko

Banned
Heavy's Sandvich said:
I was going to buy the season pass then I later found out the first batch of maps were Horde.

Why are Epic making so many missteps; this could be absolutely brilliant but they appear to be so unwilling to react.

Clearly someone from Infinity Ward snuck himself into EPIC's ranks and is trying to sabotage from within to pave the road for the MW3 takeover.

Kajiba

zlatko said:
Clearly someone from Infinity Ward snuck himself into EPIC's ranks and is trying to sabotage from within to pave the road for the MW3 takeover.

Its really sucks that when that game drops alot people from gears are going to flock to that......and probably never come back =/.

Hopefully its all SOS users. That would be great actually lol.

zlatko

Banned
Kajiba said:
Its really sucks that when that game drops alot people from gears are going to flock to that......and probably never come back =/.

Not just SOS users. I'm bailing. I'll be back for the game of the year edition with the DLC bundled up. I figure by then all my issues will be a thing of the past.

Arjen

Kajiba said:

I took a break becasue of the SoS users and awfull KoTH spawns, now playing Battlefield 3
Gears is still my number 1 love though, i'll probably be back once there are a decent amount of new maps.

malfcn said:
So I guess I can live with the delay, so I try to play.

Get spawned on a team losing with a few lives left. Awesome. I spawn with an SOS (oops), I shot a guy, he doesn't die, then I do (he SOS too). I then roll up on someone, pull the trigger, nothing happens, I die. Bravo.

A new match. Someone literally runs through a clip of lancer (lol at stopping power?), then I get warped around cover back into bullets and die.

Down a guy, put another 2 seconds of lancer in them. Guy runs over and picks him up. I get downed, crawl away onto to get warped back and 1 bullet kills me.

What is this, I shot him and he takes no damage, and I do (with same guns!)
Was standing behind a team mate. The team mate got hit by an SOS and I got kill, but he didn't.

Is it lag, the engine, what?!

I don't know, but yesterday I had the same awful experiences with what I would guess is Lag. Getting gibbed by the SOS and digger after having rolled away multiple seconds before is just a tad bit frustrating.

Lima

StalkerUKCG said:
Even still forza 4 dosnt seem to be having this issue. And beyond that Gears for all intents and purposes is a first party game it should not be having these issues.

Forza 4 has this issue too. The content is on the marketplace, yet there is no way to get it if you have the season pass. You have to wait until it pops up on the in-game store.

Gears doesn't have an in-game store which I think is the problem here.

Lima said:
Forza 4 has this issue too. The content is on the marketplace, yet there is no way to get it if you have the season pass. You have to wait until it pops up on the in-game store.

Gears doesn't have an in-game store which I think is the problem here.

Ahh right, shouldnt epic of concluded this before the game went gold still. I mean its no excuse.

Arjen said:
Oh gawd, delay on disc locked content? Karma is a bitch huh Epic.

I was totally thinking this last night when i heard about the delay. See Epic, cutting this shit out of the game only came back to bite you in your ass and piss off more of your fanbase.

Arjen is right, Karma's a bitch!

I also love how buying weapons skins/seasonpass worked day1 but this doesn't. We're starting to see where your priorities lie.

EDIT: everyone seems to be talking about the delay, anyone know if the TU actually hit?

Moofers

Damn. I was especially looking forward to this since I pretty much play Horde exclusively. This really blows.

Also, I had no idea the new maps would only work in Horde. Thats ridiculous. I don't play any other modes anyway so its no problem for me, but if I was into VS I'd be pretty sore about not being able to play on Blood Drive.

abracadaver

gearstroll2bfrp.jpg

Montresor

This post from the epic forums cracked me up so much, lol.

Link to the post (epic forums)

Why the Horde Command Pack DLC was delayed:

Jaggs said:
Once upon a time, there was a COG Gear called Minh Young Kim.

He was tasked by Hoffman to locate Alpha Squad. Alpha was in possession of a suitcase containing important codes and blueprints for Horde Fortifications, as well as equipment for Onyx Guards. Control always knew Kim was good with codes, so they picked him for this difficult task. Kim managed to find what was left of Alpha, retrieved the suitcase, and went on his way to the EPIC building.

Unfortunately, while trying to cross the street, a helicopter crashed right in front of him, cutting him off. The DLC was now delayed. To make things worse, a huge Locust came in and stabbed Kim, dropping the suitcase to the floor. The huge Locust took the suitcase and left.

The Queen was pleased. Now that the humans won't get their Horde Command Pack, the Locust Horde will have an easier time overrunning and killing the humans. The weapons of mass destruction, such as the Command Centre and the fighting decoy Onyx Guards, would surely make the Locust lose the war. Now, the Locust has the codes in the suitcase... And they plan on dropping it into Imulsion.

X-Frame

RAAM is holding the DLC hostage - confirmed.

His terms? Release RAAM's Shadow at the same time as the Horde Command Pack with the maps put into MP rotation.

So glad I did not buy that season pass

Really nice of epic to put a big ad for the season pass right on the first tile when you turn on your Xbox even though they've known for a week that the dlc wouldn't even work.

Montresor

Guys, what levels should your fortifications be at to be able to get all the new horde achievements?

There's an achievement for getting leveling up your command center to level 4 and for unlocking the Silverback rockets (and getting 500 rocket kills).

How soon can we start upgrading the command center? Will it be open right away (whenever the DLC comes out), or do we need something ridiculous like decoys or turrets upgraded to level 7?

And at what level are Silverback rockets unlocked?

Montresor said:
Guys, what levels should your fortifications be at to be able to get all the new horde achievements?

There's an achievement for getting leveling up your command center to level 4 and for unlocking the Silverback rockets (and getting 500 rocket kills).

How soon can we start upgrading the command center? Will it be open right away (whenever the DLC comes out), or do we need something ridiculous like decoys or turrets upgraded to level 7?

And at what level are Silverback rockets unlocked?
I think you need to max the Silverback level to unlock rockets. Not 100% sure but it would make sense.

Same with flame sentries, I'd suppose.

EDIT:

688090.jpg

Dashboard be trollin'.

ShaneB

Even got the Season Pass for "free" and I still regret it. Dammit Gears, we had such great memories so many years ago, but it's a different time now :(

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Damn Epic, when it rains it pours as they say.

Get it solved quickly.

I'm waiting till the DLC is actually out before I get my Season Pass, and I've been loving the game nonstop every night, but things like this are just adding fuel to the fire - get it fixed quickly boys.

On a brighter note, I got a double headshot, double Oscar Mike Trick Shot with the Torque Bow last night that I wish I could have recorded. Oh so good.

Seth Balmore said:
I think you need to max the Silverback level to unlock rockets. Not 100% sure but it would make sense.

Same with flame sentries, I'd suppose.

Level 3 silverback.

I got mine up to level 2 the other day in anticipation of the DLC.

It's amazing how much the person with the Silverback rules Horde. Out of 50 waves in Horde, I will get the high score 40/50 times if I get the Silverback first. Straight up game changer for that mode. Rockets should be even more devastating.

Moofers

I've got all my Horde stuff maxed out, so I'm pretty anxious to start building the new stuff. All of it sounds so kickass, I'm not sure which one to start with! I'm hoping that its all available right away and that I don't have to gain another level to unlock them.

ViewtifulJC said:
DLC ON THE DISC gets delayed less then a day before it comes out

Classic Playlist not coming

UC3 and Sonic Generations finally releasing

Every day, I want to play this game less and less

wait..you're excited about a sonic game? Give me Gears with nothing but SOS and that would be better than sonic.

Any word on how long the delay is for dlc?

MjFrancis

The silverback is such a game changer in Horde that I think it can be discouraging for low-level players to participate in the same match. I've played a portion of two Horde matches with a silverback rider, both on Checkout, and they sit back in the lavatories and take all the kills. There's little for me to do and since I'm trying not to waste my money on barriers for the first few waves, I end up leveling up my Horde bonuses very little if at all.

It's discouraging, and probably why I've spent the least amount of time in Horde than any other gametype. But I suspect some people probably won't go back to that mode at all, whereas I plan on slugging through it eventually. It was supposed to be when the DLC dropped, but who knows when that will be.

mernst23

Guess I'll have more time tonight to upgrade my sentries and turrets.

Someone needs to hack the gearsofwar.com website and put a slide whistle sound upon loading the page at this point.

Edit: I'm looking forward to the Gears Forums meltdowns. I mean, I'm unnerved by this whoile situation just because the maps not being in the rotation and they already existed on the disc. I can only imagine what some of those mouthbreathers take on the situation is. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lot of "I'm never buying DLC" or "I'm done playing Gears" topics all day. Hell there are even some here.

Robot Pants

-PXG- said:
I mean...how could this be worse? Upon installation, it resets your rank and stats, deletes your save file and makes your console red ring...that...would be amazing. Oh, and makes your house catch on fire, your dog die, your GF to break up with you and give you a STD, all at once.

I mean Joe Graf is behind the coding, so this wouldn't surprise me at all.

Addnan

More than 4000 people on the Gears 3 forum, I think thats the most I've seen since I started lurking there a few years back. Must be a lot of angry people wondering where their DLC is at.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Thanks for fixing the DLC problem so that it still came out today - will be buying the Season Pass as soon as I get home.

Crisis (to some) averted.

Rynge

Neo Member
i've never been a big horde guy, but i want to get into it.

can someone give me a few general strategies as far as spending money and what type of area to set up camp in when playing horde mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom