• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

malfcn

Consistency is nothing in this game. Shots damage seem to change every battle. Even SOS is bad, as I shot a dude point blank, then he killed me afterwards.

I will always defend the game on a butter connection. But it seriously falls apart with any lag.
The digger for example fails me. I watch it explode on someone, and it does nothing. Then I roll and run away..and I still die when the explosion is nowhere near.

Robot Pants

malfcn said:
Consistency is nothing in this game. Shots damage seem to change every battle. Even SOS is bad, as I shot a dude point blank, then he killed me afterwards.

I will always defend the game on a butter connection. But it seriously falls apart with any lag.
The digger for example fails me. I watch it explode on someone, and it does nothing. Then I roll and run away..and I still die when the explosion is nowhere near.

DAT UE3 Engine

lush

Managed to avoid raging all that much tonight. Although the SOS was pissing me off more than normal do to my playing KOTH. That gun can completely ruin that gametype. Regardless I had a good bit of fun. I will say though that the respawns need to be in tier one of shit that needs to be fixed, the current system is absolutely horrible.

Robot Pants said:
DAT UE3 Engine
Agreed. It's obviously not always a latency problem when you can see these inconsistencies happening locally (and they happen all the time). Chalk it up to how Gears is built and UE3, I guess, although I've never seen any sort of inconsistency in Unreal Tournament 3 for example.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
zlatko said:
What did Leon get banned for? :(

He was a junior wasn't he? It's perma. ; ;
Well he's passed junior requirements, I'm guessing he was just junior'd at one point or another, so probably not a perma.

Can't be losing stream monster folk now can we.

zlatko

Banned
enzo_gt said:
Well he's passed junior requirements, I'm guessing he was just junior'd at one point or another, so probably not a perma.

Can't be losing stream monster folk now can we.

It's crazy times on GAF as of late. Two mass banning threads within 48 hours like a week+ ago where we lost _dementia, and a lot of others, some crazy ass thread of blamespace vs timedog, Evilore is making threads more so than usual, AND the site is getting a big upgrade including search coming back? It's madness.

But we can count on one thing during the madness here in Gears 3 GAF...FUCK THE SOS! :D

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Fun times on GAF on Gaming + OT. And if anyone has a PS3 and is on the PS3 homebrew scene did you would know that things have livened up plenty this past weekend so that thread will be alive too.

Must be because we're close to the holiday season. Speaking of excitement, I really hope Epic delivers tomorrow.

h3ro

-PXG- said:
Search is coming back...Awwwww shiiiit.
Can't wait for those epic post history destruction. Just like the good old times.

Time to get that season pass, y'all. Horde runs tomorrow!

zlatko said:
It's crazy times on GAF as of late. Two mass banning threads within 48 hours like a week+ ago where we lost _dementia, and a lot of others, some crazy ass thread of blamespace vs timedog, Evilore is making threads more so than usual, AND the site is getting a big upgrade including search coming back? It's madness.

But we can count on one thing during the madness here in Gears 3 GAF...FUCK THE SOS! :D

Lost _dementia permanently??

h3ro said:
Can't wait for those epic post history destruction. Just like the good old times.

Time to get that season pass, y'all. Horde runs tomorrow!

... fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I gotta work that night and every night until Saturday. :(

Tawpgun

thewesker said:
Imagine that, you have to adjust to the way a game plays because it's not the exact same as the last one.
Oh wow.

There's a weapon you can spawn with that the only way to counter it is to run away to find a power weapon/nades/teammate.

I consider myself a versatile player, but adapting to bullshit doesn't make it any less bullshit.

h3ro

Adam Blade said:
... fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I gotta work that night and every night until Saturday. :(

I'm off this weekend, I got you man! We should try to do a run this weekend with all the new Horde toys and maps.

adversesolutions said:
Lost _dementia permanently??
Na, he should be back soon. I hope so anyway, Ultimate Marvel 3 is right around the corner, wouldn't be right without him around.

h3ro said:
I'm off this weekend, I got you man! We should try to do a run this weekend with all the new Horde toys and maps.

Na, he should be back soon. I hope so anyway, Ultimate Marvel 3 is right around the corner, wouldn't be right without him around.
For sho. Sounds good, mang.

-PXG-

DLC and a special announcement tomorrow from Epic. It better be Classic playlist related. If not, I don't care. It's probably more info on RAAM's Shadow or something.

I wish I had more time to play. I'm so busy now, it's stupid. But hey, got my wings and my onyx Gnasher (after 15 days...lol) so I'm not too upset. Sucks that I'm getting rusty though. Letting that scrub Ballistik take all the glory :p

I love you mang

Despite UC3 and Sonic tomorrow, I really just want this Gears 3 update. Give the people what they want, CliffyB*

*fully expects Classic playlist with Lancer/Gnasher only on Gridlock Only

mernst23

zlatko said:
Played 2 games of the event playlist, laughed and went to a quick TDM.

Did the exact same thing but stopped and went back to letting my xbox play a million Wingman games with bots for the Onyx since I hate that gametype.

Ballistik

zlatko said:
What did Leon get banned for? :(

He was a junior wasn't he? It's perma. ; ;
Haha I was playing with him right after he found out he was banned. Pretty funny. He derailed an uncharted thread, he'll be back... Next year..

TRios Zen

Heavy's Sandvich said:
I was juniored recently :(

Gears is getting on my nerves the more I play it.

My top 3:

Old Town
Hotel
Checkout

Whoa! So you can get juniored after making member? Did not know that. New to Gaf and all.

My top 3 are beta maps: Old Town, Checkout and Thrashball. I dig Hotel too, but those three would be my favorites.

Looking forward to new maps on horde. I've found a good weekend rotation of Arcade on Insane, Horde (with mutators) and MP. Keeps the rage from the SOS to a minimum on any given weekend. Plus I have a three-death SOS rule. Die three times from it in any match, and I immediately whip that skill-less POS out and start fucking people up. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

2San

Played Gears solo today. I got 3 sawn off teams in a row. I thought fuck that. Hmm time to play some Xenoblade today I guess.

Lunchbox

Banned
cliff if youre reading can you extend pumpkin head for east coasters?

got no power, heat, hot water, xbox, running out of food, typing from campus :'(

zlatko

Banned
Ballistik said:
Haha I was playing with him right after he found out he was banned. Pretty funny. He derailed an uncharted thread, he'll be back... Next year..

GAHT DAMN! Next year? Like early January or way later? I better be more careful on how I articulate dislike with someone or something in future threads.

; ; poor dementia got banned for calling a woman beautiful. Even compliments will get you banned. :p

I played some Gears 3 today before Street Fighter, and it was a solid session of about 6 games. Last game I played I went 14 and 0, and figured it wasn't going to get better than that and I'd better cash in my chips while the going is good.

Lunchbox said:

got no power, heat, hot water, xbox, running out of food, typing from campus :'(

AND the Patriots lost. Tough week for Unreal Loco, ya'll. PM your address so I can send you money to help improve your Chinchilla98 skillz

Grisby

Picked up Gears again last night after finishing walking dead. Man, this game just ropes you back in. Unfortunately, I seem to have lost some skillz in my absence.

And today there are pumpkin heads! Oh my.

Playing Boom Snipers on Mercy earlier, got a Super, cross the map headshot with the Boomshot. One of those one in a million things, was hysterical

Lunchbox said:

Imma send someone in with a care package for you breh

okay not really, wish I could though

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
boom/snipes with pumpkin heads is the most fun I've had in weeks

it's a nice change when everyone is being really careful trying to find cover instead of just running around like a maniac

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
D4Danger said:
boom/snipes with pumpkin heads is the most fun I've had in weeks

it's a nice change when everyone is being really careful trying to find cover instead of just running around like a maniac
Too bad it's terrible on Mercy because people just camp spawn. Oh and then the spawns are fucking ATROCIOUS so people spawn behind you at just liberally take everyone out.

Other than that, yeah very fun, unless you get Overpass (so like every other game).

CyReN

Horde Command Pack Delay

The scheduled Horde Command Pack release for Gears of War 3 is temporarily delayed due to a technical issue. We apologize to those of you who are anxiously awaiting to play. We know this is disappointing news as we’ve seen a lot of posts today showing excitement for this content. We have folks working around the clock to resolve this issue ASAP so you can all play and enjoy the Command Pack.

The Epic Games Community team will stick around and keep you posted with any further information. Stay tuned for updates!

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/851844-Horde-Command-Pack-Delay?p=29437867#post29437867

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom