• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grisby

Azura is a beautiful map. Shame it can't be integrated into MP right away. Bernie sounds like she's hocking up a lung much more than usual.

DL 1.25mb of dlc feels bad man, :(

I know the next DLC is the SP GOW prequel, please tell me that isn't going to be the last of SP DLCs

and hot damn did people get screwed buying the season pass

zlatko

Banned
It's funny though I think AlienShogun and myself called it that those first 3 maps would be free, but it's a nice surprise that it's 5 maps that are free.

zlatko said:
It's funny though I think AlienShogun and myself called it that those first 3 maps would be free, but it's a nice surprise that it's 5 maps that are free.
I remember. Where's Alienshogun by the way? Haven't seen him in a while.

Ken Masters said:
I know the next DLC is the SP GOW prequel, please tell me that isn't going to be the last of SP DLCs
As I posted earlier Epic are teasing something related to Gears 1's campaign, it might mean more campaign DLC is on the way... we will find out in just a little while now.

Pete Knepley is still at it on twitter with the Gears 1 quotes related to Alpha Squad.

Seth Balmore said:
As I posted earlier I think Epic are teasing something related to Gears 1's campaign, it might mean more campaign DLC is on the way... we will find out in just a little while now.

what do you mean? are they announcing something today?

Ken Masters said:
what do you mean? are they announcing something today?
Yeah, Rod Fergusson is hosting a live stream in around half an hour and he said there will be multiplayer news which is probably the Versus Booster Pack.

The thing is, something called Alpha is being teased both in the game's event calendar and by a couple of Epic developers, and one of them said to tune in to Rod's stream to find out what Alpha is.

Arjen

So glad i didn't fall for this season pas, totally understand why people would be upset.
But i love me some free maps, definitly firing gears up again the 24th

Robot Pants

Seth Balmore said:
Yeah, Rod Fergusson is hosting a live stream in around half an hour and he said there will be multiplayer news which is probably the Versus Booster Pack.

The thing is, something called Alpha is being teased both in the game's event calendar and by a couple of Epic developers, and one of them said to tune in to Rod's stream to find out what Alpha is.
Probably just Alpha Squad that fought on E-Day. So related to RAAM's shadow.

Couple of questions coming your way, bromaks:

> If I were to get the DLC now, I wouldn't be able to play the new maps in versus TDM, would I? Will that be possible before the 24th?

> I assume that I'd be able to use the DLC character skins and weapon skins in versus TDM right away - correct? And will any of these skins be available separately later on?

Grazie!

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Epic Forums said:
Welcome to the Alpha Playlist.

What is Alpha? Glad you asked. Alpha is a new playlist incorporated into Gears of War 3 that offers players a familiar, yet different experience from our standard playlists. So let’s get right to it and take a peek at all of the ingredients that make an Alpha cake.

Team Size: 4
Gametypes: Team Deathmatch, King of the Hill, Execution
Loadout: Lancer/Gnasher
Weapon Pick-ups: Default with the some custom swaps. See below.
Weapon Respawn: Set to “After Pick-up” with quicker respawn times.

We wanted to see how Gears of War 3 would play out if some of the starting weapons were placed on the maps as pick-ups. I’ll lay it all out for you guys so you can set these swaps up and play Private matches with the Alpha settings if you so desire.
• Gorgon -> Hammerburst
• Boltok -> Retro Lancer
• Scorcher -> Sawed-Off

These are playlist swaps and not map specific. So all you need to do is set up these swaps once and then you can play Private matches with the Alpha settings without having to change it up for every map. Nice!

Something to keep in mind here is that this is only the first version of Alpha and the success or failure of this playlist is predicated upon how much you (the community) play and contribute to it. So please provide feedback and let us know what you would like to see happen with Alpha.

I'll be monitoring this thread on a regular basis so please leave your feedback here. You can also reach me on Twitter @quinndelhoyo

See you online.

FUCK. YES.

Duress

So I saw the ad on my dashboard for the dlc. I downloaded it and now my game freezes up, when I hit the main menu. Now I find that the dlc is delayed and I spent 800 points for something I could have gotten for free. Thanks.

zlatko

Banned
3551p.gif

zlatko

Banned
Deez said:
You better play Alpha zlatko. Just sayin'.

I'm sort of stuck between a rock and a hard place.

When is the playlist coming?

I move basically on the 24th of this month, will be without net, have to find a job, then xmas is around the corner, and in january start up more school. My game time will be cut down to non existence till pretty much mid January.

If the playlist isn't till the 24th, then I'll be on MW3 and UMvC3, and will probably pick up Gears 3 again in early January used.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
zlatko said:
I'm sort of stuck between a rock and a hard place.

When is the playlist coming?

I move basically on the 24th of this month, will be without net, have to find a job, then xmas is around the corner, and in january start up more school. My game time will be cut down to non existence till pretty much mid January.

If the playlist isn't till the 24th, then I'll be on MW3 and UMvC3, and will probably pick up Gears 3 again in early January used.

It's up right now, man! GOGOGO.

I'm playing it right now. Sogood.jpg

Robot Pants

!!!!!!!! Alpha playlist....sounds promising.
Kinda odd that they have the starting weapons as pickups, but I guess it will just be map specific. I'm loving the 4v4, kinda disappointed with no Warzone, but oh well Execution is there.
Also "AFTER-PICKUP"
Thank GOD.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
It's clear that the reason why the maps are going free on the 24th because they were on-disc DLC - seeing as how we're going to have to download the rest, freebies that are the same as paid probably won't happen again. So Season Pass owners

Judderman said:

Why would they listen to the fans? I thought they just took or money and didn't care about us anymore?

Screw Epic, yadda yadda, etc.

Quinn DelHoyo said:
What is Alpha? Glad you asked. Alpha is a new playlist incorporated into Gears of War 3 that offers players a familiar, yet different experience from our standard playlists. So let’s get right to it and take a peek at all of the ingredients that make an Alpha cake.

Team Size: 4
Gametypes: Team Deathmatch, King of the Hill, Execution
Loadout: Lancer/Gnasher
Weapon Pick-ups: Default with the some custom swaps. See below.
Weapon Respawn: Set to “After Pick-up” with quicker respawn times.

We wanted to see how Gears of War 3 would play out if some of the starting weapons were placed on the maps as pick-ups. I’ll lay it all out for you guys so you can set these swaps up and play Private matches with the Alpha settings if you so desire.
• Gorgon -> Hammerburst
• Boltok -> Retro Lancer
• Scorcher -> Sawed-Off

These are playlist swaps and not map specific. So all you need to do is set up these swaps once and then you can play Private matches with the Alpha settings without having to change it up for every map. Nice!

Something to keep in mind here is that this is only the first version of Alpha and the success or failure of this playlist is predicated upon how much you (the community) play and contribute to it. So please provide feedback and let us know what you would like to see happen with Alpha.

I'll be monitoring this thread on a regular basis so please leave your feedback here. You can also reach me on Twitter @quinndelhoyo

See you online.

OH. MY. GOD.

I WILL LIVE IN THIS PLAYLIST.

h3ro

JambiBum said:
A message pops up when you start your game.
Sweet, thanks.

I'm not upset about having the maps be free for all. I'm after the Horde/SP content anyway. Good on Epic.

It's amusing reading the reactions from earlier this morning in light of the press release about the free maps for MP.

-PXG-

So Alpha Playlist is essentially the Classic playlist we've all been waiting for? Also, Clocktower (YEAAAAH booooyy!!!!) and Bullet Marsh (lol wut?) too? Sucks that they're giving out the other maps for free, so soon :/ Kind of lame.

-PXG-

Wait...Alpha is playable now!?!?!?! AAHHHHH!!!! Have my prayers been answered? Holy shit. Please please please. I gonna eat dinner now, and then hop on afterwards.

Brakara

I honestly doesn't understand the bitching about the free maps. The maps in the Horde pack are not playable in public versus. We all knew that. The free maps are only playable in public versus. I.e. the free maps don't take anything away from what we have paid for in the Horde pack.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I heard that this was private only and when I went to Gears I saw Alpha in "Versus" and was like HOLYSHIT.

Playing right now on Gridlock. SO GOOD. NO SOS!

-PXG- said:
So..it's a Classic Playlist. Correct? If so, my dick will explode.
Yes. You start with Gnasher, Lancer, Snub, and Smoke. No hammy unfortunately but I think it miight be added in later.

Weapons respawn quicker after pickup (not after use). 4v4 instead of 5v5.

Addnan

So the weapons are set to respawn after pick up. We were running around with 3 booms on our team.

/Yes we were sad enough to camp long enough to get 3 booms. It was for science.

-PXG-

Fuck all of my plans for this weekend. Gears all day, erry day man.

I so wanna call out sick to work, but I just started and don't have any sick days yet. Fuck me.

BigNastyCurve said:
How do I buy the Horde Command pack for free if I've bought the season pass?

A message should pop up once you load up Gears to download the command pack. It's what happened for me at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom