• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screwing over season pass owners is a bit of a kick to the nuts hopefully we get compensation at the end of the this "season" in the form of exclusive characters or skins or something akin to that.

However Alpha is the bomb im very happy with it i dont see anything that is gamebreaking and needs to be fixed and its the most fun iv had in gears versus.. ever.

Alpha 5v5 TDM/KotH
Alpha 4v4 Warzone/Execution

^ those playlists would be great but the current system is fine for now.

AndyMoogle said:
Well, in this thread there has barely been any complaints about the free map pack and how it "screws over" season pass buyers.

Personally, I think that the free map pack is a great way to unify all players in Versus. As long as they force everyone to download it at least.
Problem is one 8th of my season pass purchase was towards those maps that people now get for free.

Now Picture this. After RAAM's shadow we get a Beast multiplayer pack that adds 3 maps and new beast characters then after that we get a multiplayer pack that adds 4 new maps and new multiplayer skins.

In the intrest of player unity all these maps must be made free aswell, which in turn means i paid 2400 for some skins, a few horde and beast additions. while joebloggs who paid nothing gets 12 maps for free.

Its deceptive to say we get access to 4 packs of dlc if them 4 packs turn out to be for all intents and purposes free less that a month after i get them.

AndyMoogle said:
Also, someone mentioned in the other thread that this is probably how they are going to add the new skins from the Raam DLC so that everyone can see them.
What skins?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
StalkerUKCG said:
Screwing over season pass owners is a bit of a kick to the nuts hopefully we get compensation at the end of the this "season" in the form of exclusive characters or skins or something akin to that.

However Alpha is the bomb im very happy with it i dont see anything that is gamebreaking and needs to be fixed and its the most fun iv had in gears versus.. ever.

Alpha 5v5 TDM/KotH
Alpha 4v4 Warzone/Execution

^ those playlists would be great but the current system is fine for now.

There will be no compensation.

There was no compensation for the IO skins that were originally EE only, then went to console, then went to the controller.

It's done, they won't do shit for those who bought it. Just need to remember this the next time they try to sell you something.

Alienshogun said:
There will be no compensation.

There was no compensation for the IO skins that were originally EE only, then went to console, then went to the controller.

It's done, they won't do shit for those who bought it. Just need to remember this the next time they try to sell you something.

Look above iv clarified my fears about the future, Its already remembered but i know if season pass 2 shows up ill buy it

StalkerUKCG said:
Problem is one 8th of my season pass purchase was towards those maps that people now get for free.

Now Picture this. After RAAM's shadow we get a Beast multiplayer pack that adds 3 maps and new beast characters then after that we get a multiplayer pack that adds 4 new maps and new multiplayer skins.

In the intrest of player unity all these maps must be made free aswell, which in turn means i paid 2400 for some skins, a few horde and beast additions. while joebloggs who paid nothing gets 12 maps for free.

Its deceptive to say we get access to 4 packs of dlc if them 4 packs turn out to be for all intents and purposes free pretty less that a month after i get them.
I don't really care all that much. It's not a lot of money, and it's a game I'll be spending hundreds of hours on. Yeah, they should have been more upfront about this, but what's done is done. In the future we can all have some self control and not insta-buy stuff that will be available forever.

StalkerUKCG said:
What skins?
There will be new weapon and character skins in the RAAM DLC.

AndyMoogle said:
I don't really care all that much. It's not a lot of money, and it's a game I'll be spending hundreds of hours on. Yeah, they should have been more upfront about this, but what's done is done. In the future we can all have some self control and not insta-buy stuff that will be available forever.

Still 2400 points for a few mode additons is horrendous, whats done is done is a pretty bad way to look at this, its basically saying "yeh its fine epic abused the fan base". Its very much not fine, if it was call of duty the uproar would be ridiculous. Epic have done too much wrong with gears 3 and its only because the online component its typically out of the media that this stuff isnt getting the attention it should.

Lock DLC on Disc
Make public assume the only way to get the DLC is by buying
After purchases make DLC free

Do people really not see the problem with whats happened here, its been lies and deception all the way.
AndyMoogle said:
There will be new weapon and character skins in the RAAM DLC.

Awesome any word on what the weapon skins are?

Korosenai

The alpha playlist is awesome. It's actually balanced, and not just a bunch of kids running around with their lancers (edit: I meant gnashers. Since people think that is what its going to become, but so far I haven't played against anyone using just gnashers). Instead of the hammerburst being a pickup though, i'd rather it be a starting weapon. I don't use the HB, but i'd rather find another weapon on the map besides the HB.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
NubInaTub said:
The alpha playlist is awesome. It's actually balanced, and not just a bunch of kids running around with their lancers. Instead of the hammerburst being a pickup though, i'd rather it be a starting weapon. I don't use the HB, but i'd rather find another weapon on the map besides the HB.

Shit is hilarious when you pick up the sawed off and people don't expect it.

Alienshogun said:
Tai, Kim and Barret or barrak or whatever the hell the name of the bald guy with the knife is.
Barrick lol, he is from "the hollow" gears comics. Pretty cool guy. Really tall, has rustlung joined cog as part of operation lifeboat.

Tai back is awesome
Kim is cool aswell
No idea about the new girl.

It was the weapons skins i didnt know about. I wish i could disable them so i dont have to see idiotas with pink guns 24/7

Korosenai

Alienshogun said:
More cherry picking.

Things ain't exactly "all fixed" especially in relation to basically screwing over season pass purchasers, but Alpha does make things better.
I love how you call him out no the season pass purchases getting screwed over, and then he just ignores it.

Alienshogun said:
Shit is hilarious when you pick up the sawed off and people don't expect it.

Yea my buddy did that last night on trenches. It was hilarious.

StalkerUKCG said:
Still 2400 points for a few mode additons is horrendous, whats done is done is a pretty bad way to look at this, its basically saying "yeh its fine epic abused the fan base". Its very much not fine, if it was call of duty the uproar would be ridiculous. Epic have done too much wrong with gears 3 and its only because the online component its typically out of the media that this stuff isnt getting the attention it should.

Lock DLC on Disc

Do people really not see the problem with whats happened here, its been lies and deception all the way.
It's not only a few mode additions. It's more than that. We don't even know what the last two packs are either.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I know it shouldn't bother me but the shotgun doesn't quite line up with the Onyx Guard's back and it floats behind him

can't unsee

Montresor

Addnan said:
Are you using the same account that you purchased the DLC with?

e.g I purchased the DLC on my main Xbox, any account can play the DLC on that. Then I redownloaded onto my 2nd box only the account I purchased with can play on that because the licence is not on it.

Yes I'm using the account that I purchased the DLC with.

To be fair, I'm not the one who redeemed a code for Commando Dom (that was my brother), so we'll leave that out of the discussion. But it was my account that bought the season pass and it was also my account that redeemed a code for the Crimson Omen Lancer skin. My GT should be the owner of that DLC content, so no matter which system I'm on I should be able to use that DLC. But... it's not working on console B. Only console A.

Montresor said:

To be fair, I'm not the one who redeemed a code for Commando Dom (that was my brother), so we'll leave that out of the discussion. But it was my account that bought the season pass and it was also my account that redeemed a code for the Crimson Omen Lancer skin. My GT should be the owner of that DLC content, so no matter which system I'm on I should be able to use that DLC. But... it's not working on console B. Only console A.
Do you want to use the DLC on both consoles, or are you going to change consoles?

EDIT: If you're going to change consoles you can do a license transfer. If you're not, then I guess you're screwed? I've never heard of that kind of DRM before, and it really should work on both consoles as long as you're online.

Montresor

AndyMoogle said:
Do you want to use the DLC on both consoles, or are you going to change consoles?

Yes, I would like to use the DLC on both consoles.

BTW, console A is a 250gig black slim (located downstairs), and console B is a white arcade (located upstairs, w/ 120gig hdd), for anyone interested. I purchased the season pass and redeemed the code for the Crimson Omen Lancer skin on console A. It is not usable on console B, even if I use the same account that purchased the DLC.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Montresor said:

Anytime u dl content from live u get 2 licenses, one tied to ur gamertag and one tied to ur console. If u wanted to use content on both consoles then u would have to say dl all the content on console A the first time then move ur gamertag to console B to redownload the bought content and both consoles should now be able to use any of the content downloaded.

So say I wanted to dl the horde command pack by itself, I would dl it using my gamertag on my friends console then when I got home I could just recover my gamertag on my console and dl it again since its tied to my tag. Now we can both use the content but the only difference is I can only play online while my friend can play offline/online and with any profile.

Addnan

Montresor said:

Don't know then. If the DLC is on you DL history and you are connected to the Internet when using it, it should work. I do the same thing :/

Montresor

Nelo Ice said:
Anytime u dl content from live u get 2 licenses, one tied to ur gamertag and one tied to ur console. If u wanted to use content on both consoles then u would have to say dl all the content on console A then move ur gamertag to console B to redownload the bought content and both consoles should now be able to use any of the content downloaded.

I see. Whenever I'm on console A, my gamertag and save files are on the hard drive.

When I want to play on console B, my gamertag and save files are moved to a USB, and they stay on the USB while I play on console B.

So should I be transferring my gamertag to console B's hard drive, and then re-downloading the DLC for this to work?

AndyMoogle said:
It's not only a few mode additions. It's more than that. We don't even know what the last two packs are either.
Okay so we dont know whats in the last 2 packs, However i can say with relative safety its going to be maps for the multiplayer portion which again will be free so the community dosnt get split. Beast mode is ripe for an addition since its got spaces for more characters. We will likely get some more character skins and weapon skins but even still the only exclusive content will be.

Beast characters
Horde fortifications
RAAM's Shadow
Character Skins
Weapon skins.

Meaning they tricked people into paying 1200 points for some minor "upgrades" and a few skins id also like to mention that the horde upgrades where on disc as the beast characters likely are. Infact i think its already been leaked that the content was Lambent based.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Montresor said:
I see. Whenever I'm on console A, my gamertag and save files are on the hard drive.

When I want to play on console B, my gamertag and save files are moved to a USB, and they stay on the USB while I play on console B.

So should I be transferring my gamertag to console B's hard drive, and then re-downloading the DLC for this to work?

U would have dled the dlc the first time on the 2nd console u wanted it to work on. So like I mentioned in my edited post above.

If you've already dled/redeemed the content on console A but not B ur out of luck. But if u dled it on console B then that console now owns the license for the console and u could go back and dl everything onto console A. But if u already dled it on console A then now that console owns the console license and whatever gamertag was used to dl it has that license. While console B would have to dl the content separately with a different gamertag.

Even if u redownload the content with ur gamertag onto another console, ur gamertag and the console that originally got the content have the licenses. Like I mentioned before the first time u dl anything on live u get 2 licenses, one for ur console and one for the gamertag that dled it. So if you've already bought something on console A then theres no way it'll work on console B unless the gamertag that bought it is logged in and online.

Montresor said:

I have a second xbox i can try this out with later and see if i can get some working result.

Ill PM you if i find anything.

ZeroCoin

Montresor said:

It really sounds like it's a different type of DRM than standard live content uses. You should have access to all your XBLA games, DLC, even games on demand content on any xbox as long as you are using the account you purchased it with. I have a slim xbox as my main console in the living room, and my older elite in the bedroom. I have not run into any content that works on the main console that doesn't work on my other machine. Maybe I'll give the season pass content a try tonight and see if I get the same results you are having.

Montresor

Nelo Ice said:
Even if u redownload the content with ur gamertag onto another console, ur gamertag and the console that originally got the content have the licenses. Like I mentioned before the first time u dl anything on live u get 2 licenses, one for ur console and one for the gamertag that dled it. So if you've already bought something on console A then theres no way it'll work on console B unless the gamertag that bought it is logged in and online.

Yep, and that's no problem for me. I will always be playing Gears 3 online. I bought it on console A using the LordOdadjian gamertag, and it works completely fine on console A. But when I re-download it on console B using the LordOdadjian gamertag, it doesn't work at all, even when I'm online. And I'm always, always online in Gears 3, not just because I'm always playing the online modes, but also because I wouldn't dare play that game offline or disconnected from XBL... I'd probably get my rank and stats reset.

BTW, thanks for the replies (Addnan, Nelo Ice, Stalker, ZeroCoin).

Nelo Ice

Banned
Montresor said:
Yep, and that's no problem for me. I will always be playing Gears 3 online. I bought it on console A using the LordOdadjian gamertag, and it works completely fine on console A. But when I re-download it on console B using the LordOdadjian gamertag, it doesn't work at all. And I'm always, always online in Gears 3, not just because I'm always playing the online modes, but also because I wouldn't dare play that game offline or disconnected from XBL... I'd probably get my rank and stats reset.

BTW, thanks for the replies (Addnan, Nelo Ice, Stalker, ZeroCoin).

That's odd only thing I can think of is the season pass working differently. I've split content plenty of times using that method by dling on console A then dling back onto console B(my console) thus both consoles can use the content, save for my 360 only being able to use the content with my gt logged in and online. But yeah everything should be woring fine if ur just redownloading the content onto a new console but playing it with the gamertag that originally bought it.

razu

X-Frame said:
I hate you all.

I STILL don't have any power. Since Saturday.

So not only did I miss Pumpkin Heads but now I am missing Alpha Playlist AND Double XP.

Fuck NYSEG.

Yeah, well, I've got power, but no internet, line is down... :(

(I'm sending this from work.)

Alpha sounds great... except... in Gears 1 I could pick Warzone and play that all night long. Warzone *is* Gears to me. Not being able to pick game mode is so bizarre. Not that it matters, Warzone isn't there at all...

4v4 sounds brilliant though. Again, not that it matters... No Warzone, no internet... no point any more... mumble, mumble... *sob*

backflip10019 said:
So how long is double XP going on for? Trying to balance Gears multiplayer with Uncharted 3 and Arkham City is a daunting task.
Ends nov 14th, you dont need and excuse. AC can wait and U3 is like 6 hours long

Willeth

StalkerUKCG said:

Lock DLC on Disc

Awesome any word on what the weapon skins are?
I think if I was making these decisions I would have had Clocktower and Swamp as the maps in the Horde Command Pack (and maybe another map to justify the 800), and had Blood Drive, Azura and Rustlung in the Versus Booster only. That way you neatly sidestep the 'but it's on the disc!' complaints by making it free later, and you're still providing worth for anyone who bought the Season Pass.

It means that you can't have the feature where people who didn't buy maps can still play on them with people who did, but that's expected behaviour from DLC anyway, and this whole thing is about breaking and managing expectations.

Montresor

Lunchbox said:
anyone wanna do the new horde achievements? i finally got internet back for a few hours :(

I need to earn money to invest into Silverback and Turrets for two new achievements, so I'm down. I'll be home in around two hours, and hopefully I'll be available to play.

TRios Zen

Man I think I last visited this thread 24 hours ago or so, and I missed a lot!

I haven't played alpha yet, but am looking forward to it; can't wait to get on it tonight.

I did play horde last night on Blood Drive (cosmetic changes are nice) Auzra (good looking map) and Rustlung (nice maze). Made me realize I have a lot more to unlock for Horde. Damn. I need to get some work done there, son!

Oh and Double XP? Nice.

Not sure I understand the bitching about the maps/season pass thing, but whatever. Epic may not be perfect, but they have dedicated resources to addressing problems their fans have asked for, and continue to tweak weapon spawns in an effort to perfect their multiplayer experience. Additionally they have brought different playlists every weekend to keep the experience fresh.

Now I'm not saying they haven't made any mis-steps, some even I have complained about. But come on, they have shown a willingness to support their game post launch and listen to their fans complaints, shouldn't we ALL be behind that?

Xamdou

So basically two of the four dlcs in the Season pass are worthless for versus players since one is aimed at horde players and the other is aimed for campaign players. Season pass owners don't get exclusive versus maps at all for the first two dlcs, and have to wait until the third or fourth DLCs to get em, so next year. Definitely will not be buying Season Pass 2 seeing as how they handled this one.

Deadstar

Xamdou said:
So basically two of the four dlcs in the Season pass are worthless for versus players since one is aimed at horde players and the other is aimed for campaign players. Season pass owners don't get exclusive versus maps at all for the first two dlcs, and have to wait until the third or fourth DLCs to get em, so next year. Definitely will not be buying Season Pass 2 seeing as how they handled this one.

You can't play versus on the new maps?

Lima

Montresor said:
I need to earn money to invest into Silverback and Turrets for two new achievements, so I'm down. I'll be home in around two hours, and hopefully I'll be available to play.

Yeah you need some money invested... lol

It is an additional 300k to unlock the rockets. So that makes it 500k that you need in total to get the silverback to level 3.

Fuck my life.

Montresor

I'm actually really looking forward to the beast DLC. I hope it's the third pack.

Imagine playing as a Brumak or Grinder, or lengthening the mode to 15 waves.

Dammit, I also hope they don't ignore Horde for the rest of the game's lifespan. I would love some new Horde bosses. Think Raam running around with a Kryll shield and like a million health points on wave 50.

You know what, where's the "I'm Alright With This!" jpeg? I would be totally okay with none of the Season Pass packs being related to versus. Keep padding the horde/campaign/beast modes for Season Pass owners, and release any new maps for free in online versus.

Hey Lima, I know that feeling. It will take a long time, but on that note, I look at my Horde medals and see that I'm still a long way away from onyx'ing them, and that makes me feel a bit better. I'll be working towards not just the fortifications (and achievements) but the onyx medals too (money earned especially). Maybe trying to get these Horde Command pack cheevos will help me unlock Aaron Griffin for multiplayer!

Montresor

1) Will Clocktower and Bullet Marsh be playable in Horde and Beast?

2) Will there be more than 30 special events? I missed the event in the first week and so I'm still only at 4 events counted for the War Supporter medal. The onyx needs 30 events.

h3ro

Montresor said:
1) Will Clocktower and Bullet Marsh be playable in Horde and Beast?

It would be hilarious if they weren't.

At this point, the way Epic has trolled us back and forth with, it wouldn't surprise me if they said they weren't at launch followed by them saying that it would be made compatible after the SP content DLC was released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom