• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomGyver

Is the alpha playlist set to have weapons respawn after pickup instead of after use? I'd much rather have respawn after use, much less weapon whoring/camping that way.

Fallacy

Neo Member
Full Recovery said:
Is the alpha playlist set to have weapons respawn after pickup instead of after use? I'd much rather have respawn after use, much less weapon whoring/camping that way.
Yes it's after pick up and it's pretty quick too

zlatko

Banned
Fallacy said:
Yes it's after pick up and it's pretty quick too

I had a super fucked up version of the games I played then. Not only did it perma KOTH, but the weapon pick ups took FOREVER instead of the 30 seconds after use it usually is.

Magnet for bad shit to happen. ; ;

Gears of War 3 Double XP!

We are starting an XP event today at 6:00 PM EST that will run through November 14th at 9:00 AM EST. You’ll get DOUBLE XP in all gametypes, so now is the time to rank up and get those unlocks!

Its like early Christmas this week

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
ViewtifulJC said:

We are starting an XP event today at 6:00 PM EST that will run through November 14th at 9:00 AM EST. You’ll get DOUBLE XP in all gametypes, so now is the time to rank up and get those unlocks!

MW3 got em scurred!

Fallacy

Neo Member
zlatko said:
I had a super fucked up version of the games I played then. Not only did it perma KOTH, but the weapon pick ups took FOREVER instead of the 30 seconds after use it usually is.

Magnet for bad shit to happen. ; ;
Should have been playing ranked so you could vote for it. If it seems like the weapon took a while to come up someone probably grabbed it before you.

zlatko

Banned
ViewtifulJC said:

Fudge. I got UC3 today too. I was about to start when someone here posted about the Alpha play list. I'll have to try and get it wrapped up tomorrow so I can get to it. :)

ViewtifulJC said:

OH lawdy, whats the GMT time on this?

zlatko

Banned
Fallacy said:
Should have been playing ranked so you could vote for it. If it seems like the weapon took a while to come up someone probably grabbed it before you.

That wasn't the case. I'm always the guy picking up power weapons on my team. 9/10 times I'll be the guy grabbing it, the 1 time I don't is if I'm dead when it pops. I had moments where I was doing a quick test after Digger on Old Town. I had grabbed it and popped off all 3 shots, and waited there for over a minute and a half before I said fuck it.

It was definitely just a bugged up version of the play list.

zlatko said:
Fudge. I got UC3 today too. I was about to start when someone here posted about the Alpha play list. I'll have to try and get it wrapped up tomorrow so I can get to it. :)

Yeah I'm playing it, Sonic, Gears 3, AND juggling two tests this week.

ViewtifulJC said:
Yeah I'm playing it, Sonic, Gears 3, AND juggling two tests this week.

Try, Forza 4, BF3, Dragonball, Sonic, Gears, Reach, Batman.

Then add MW3 on the 8th and for the rest of november
Skyrim, halo cea, saints row, tekken and assassins creed.

Dont get me started on december and next year.

First world problems

Nelo Ice

Banned
Haven't played in awhile but holy shit alpha is amazing! So glad u cant spawn with a sawed off bullshit.

Don't think I'll be able to go back to regular playlists after playing alpha.

DoomGyver

Tweaks I would make to the Alpha playlist:

5v5

Warzone/execution

Lancer + Hammerburst starting weapon + gnasher

Power weapon respawn set to "after use"

Remove the SOS and Retro from pickups, bring back the boltok!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Full Recovery said:
Tweaks I would make to the Alpha playlist:

5v5

Warzone/execution

Lancer + Hammerburst starting weapon + gnasher

Power weapon respawn set to "after use"

Remove the SOS and Retro from pickups, bring back the boltok!

I think you will find most people who wanted "classic" settings wanted GOW 1, not GOW 2.

You're asking for GOW 2.

mattso

Is anyone looking for people to do the new horde/beast achievements? I'd love an invite if anyone is...

GT: Fidel Mattstro

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
StalkerUKCG said:
Whats with the TDM hate, i get its not "gears" to some guys but its better than dying and spending ages watching the action.

IMO it degrades skill level. Warzone/Execution keep you sharp and the competition is better.

Fallacy

Neo Member
StalkerUKCG said:
Whats with the TDM hate, i get its not "gears" to some guys but its better than dying and spending ages watching the action.
It has respawns. Respawns suck in gears.

Plus execution is all about strategies and outwitting the other team, TDM is more about sitting on map control until the other team runs out of spawns.

You say watching the action isn't fun but I enjoy calling out the enemies position to my teammates with an all knowing eye. It's an element that no other game I know of has and one I am deprived of in TDM.

Just how I feel, although I'm obviously in the minority in Gears 3 as shown by the playlist numbers.

ShaneB said:
Yeah, just played some Alpha and it was nothing but KOTH, got boring fast.

Have these options and we're gold.

I think it's a bug and you have to quit out and start a new search to eventually get a new gametype. Otherwise you're stuck playing the same over and over, just on different maps. I maybe be wrong though, it'd be cool to hear from Epic

I would have preferred they kept 5v5 and didn't tie the match types to voting.

Aside from that this is great. Double EXP on top of it all too. Lovely.

i nerini del buio said:
I think it's a bug and you have to quit out and start a new search to eventually get a new gametype. Otherwise you're stuck playing the same over and over, just on different maps. I maybe be wrong though, it'd be cool to hear from Epic

Yeah it seems once your in a "server" its locked to one gametype currently ina KOTH game enjoying it.

ShaneB

i nerini del buio said:

Ah ok, gotcha.

Lima

-PXG- said:
Beautiful game. Beautiful features. Beautiful people. Beautiful buildings...

Man everything is beautiful in this game now. Even the music, the cars also don't forget about the lights. Shit cracked me up. Dooem is so funny.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ViewtifulJC said:

Woo Launch Week levels of XP until UMvC3!

2San

The Alpha playlist is here to stay it seems. :D Buying the season pass tomorrow in support of Epic. Time to go to bed.
See here:

The Alpha Playlist

Alpha is a new playlist incorporated into Gears of War 3 that offers players a familiar, yet different experience from our standard playlists. Here is a breakdown from Epic Games‘ Level Designer Quinn DelHoyo:

Team Size: 4
Gametypes: Team Deathmatch, King of the Hill, Execution
Loadout: Lancer/Gnasher
Weapon Pick-ups: Default with the some custom swaps.
Weapon Respawn: Set to “After Pick-up” with quicker respawn times.

Quinn explains, “Something to keep in mind here is that this is only the first version of Alpha and the success or failure of this playlist is predicated upon how much you (the community) play and contribute to it. So please provide feedback and let us know what you would like to see happen with Alpha”

We hope you enjoy the new Alpha playlist. Please visit http://epic.gm/alpha to discuss the playlist with Quinn.

-PXG-

Lima said:
Man everything is beautiful in this game now. Even the music, the cars also don't forget about the lights. Shit cracked me up. Dooem is so funny.

You should hear his sound board. You'll piss yourself.

Fallacy

Neo Member
Alpha_5.jpg

here to save the day

Kajiba

OMG. Waking up to see alpha playlist. Then I run to see what the hell it is on gaf. Lancer and gnasher only!!?

I'm playing a new game now lol. Also free map packs later in the month? Base Epic games. You're redeemed.

It feels like me and only a few others on GAF support the idea of giving free maps to the entire community. Seems like lots of people in the Booster thread are glad they didn't purchase the season pass or the ones who bought it feel cheated.

I don't get it, do people like segregated playlists? gears2 is still suffers from this. I actually wanted Epic to give the maps away, this way i can play with the entire community and my friends.

The season pass was aimed at people who are planning on playing gears3 for the long run and getting all the DLC not those who are going to jump ship 6months down the line when the next big game comes out.

maxcer0081 said:
It feels like me and only a few others on GAF support the idea of giving free maps to the entire community. Seems like lots of people in the Booster thread are glad they didn't purchase the season pass or the ones who bought it feel cheated.

I don't get it, do people like segregated playlists? gears2 is still suffers from this. I actually wanted Epic to give the maps away, this way i can play with the entire community and my friends.

The season pass was aimed at people who are planning on playing gears3 for the long run and getting all the DLC not those who are going to jump ship 6months down the line when the next big game comes out.
Because we were promised exclusive access in exchange for money? What's to misunderstand? Has nothing to do with giving out free maps to everyone, more to do with what can be viewed as a middle finger to season pass buyers because they paid for something that everyone else is getting for free.

A season pass owner or DLC buyer doesn't even get exclusive early access to play the maps in public versus, they're stuck waiting like everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom