• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
Narpas Sword0 said:
I wish that you had more health when downed. Or that tdm would switch to execution rules and only get 10 respawns
Yep. Gears 3 would greatly benefit from having more modes with execution rules a la Gears 2.

zlatko

Banned
Addnan said:
Me and my friend just played 25 games of Exe in a row. Towards to the end I started falling asleep and so me and my friend decided to start singing teletubbies song :/ Thats when the dude joins out party lol.

My headset wasn't plugged in, and then my buddy asked me to party up with him to talk. I told him we should join yours, but he wasn't up for it, so I said okay, but I may have to leave if you guys needed me to talk.

:p Sorry I wasn't able to send a message to explain, we were dicing fools so fast. Then when it was all bots people were just in full on rush their shit down mode and trying to get kills was harder since they all died so fast.

Sorry on Hotel by the way for spanking one of your downs. ; ; I was trying to pick up the Boom but the game picked to meat shield him. I felt bad. :(

Good games all around, and I didn't get anything towards Warmonger, but I had amazing games and was enjoying myself the whole time which is worth more than 900 Warmonger ticks. :p

zlatko

Banned
D4Danger said:
Can you dig it? is terrible

bring back boom/snipes already

I had one amazing game of dig it today though. Last 3 guys on their team on Old Town and I killed all 3 with boltok headshots within like 3 seconds of each other. The last one was trying to run off far to my left, so I whip my character far left and hip fire pull the trigger for that oh so sexy crunch.

Feelsgoodman

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Sigh..the 'gear isms' are really getting to me lately. I swear i don't really mind losing or getting killed but some of this shit is just out there.

-PXG-

Anilusion said:
Nobody? :( Getting level 100 yourself is impossible since nobody's playing the multiplayer anymore, and even then it takes a shitload of time that could have been spent playing gears 3.

LOOOOOOOOOOL

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Anilusion said:
Nobody? :( Getting level 100 yourself is impossible since nobody's playing the multiplayer anymore, and even then it takes a shitload of time that could have been spent playing gears 3.

Yeah, I'll hook you up. Hit me up on twitter so we can talk about it in private. I'm @epiccog

Just send me a message on twitter with your GT and what/when you want to do it and I'll hook you up.

zlatko

Banned
Anilusion said:

ZZM8w.gif

malfcn

I got killed by a smoke grenade tonight. Didn't know that was possible. I know in Gears 1 you could punch off heads though.

Robot Pants

1.0 It seems you must have the season pass and the DLC ‘Horde Commando’ for this glitch to work. People tried it without the dlc with no luck. They then downloaded it and it worked
Wellp. I'm out.
See you in 4 years, Onyx War Supporter.

X-Frame

I just started wall bouncing and am seeing the benefits already, even though I suck at it and do it mostly by luck now. When I get it right it's almost too easy to get kills.

Kajiba

Its not working for me =/. Its all good though. Gonna give multiplayer a break today.

Gonna beat this game on insane today since I'm at the end. Lets see how that goes.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Gotta say that Can You Dig It? is fun in the sense that you hear all those Diggers going through the map the majority of the time and it keeps people moving instead of hiding since you never know when or where one will show up. Plenty of comeback chances when you can pull some Doubles or Triples out of the blue. Real nice.

Robot Pants said:
Wellp. I'm out.
See you in 4 years, Onyx War Supporter.

For the glitch to work.

By now you should have 6 normally, and you need 30 for Onyx, so that would be a maximum 24 more weeks only to get it, if they do at least one event every week.

People want reasons to keep playing the game they spent 60 bucks on, they get some, still mad anyways.

Mine kept counting so I got my Achievement, so did the rest of all my Gears friends, which is nice.

Kajiba said:
Its not working for me =/. Its all good though. Gonna give multiplayer a break today.

Gonna beat this game on insane today since I'm at the end. Lets see how that goes.
Exit to main menu or switch modes a couple of times. That worked for me.

zlatko

Banned
D4Danger said:
yep. I'm level 90 now and most of my points came in the first few weeks

I'm 85. With this double exp I went from 75-85 in probably 8 hours total spread out over 2 days, maybe a little more. Playing a lot of Alpha, and before that just quick match TDM.

God, I played with this one guy last night. He was really good, but he was so douchey. He plugged his mic in just to whine about stolen kills, even though he was stealing several of mine. He kept going on about how godlike his Gnasher was, and how great his internet connection was, and how these guys were playing were "gay" and BKs and bullshit. He must've had a couple ribs removed in surgery, no way is it normal to be able to suck your own dick so hard like this guy did.

Either way, level 98, trying to push for 100 by the end of this weekend.

Finally got the Silverback achievement.

I wound up doing a Casual private Horde match with me alone. Super reload on. When you get to wave 7, you'll have enough money to buy the Silverback and the onerous $10,000 upgrade. I suggest Overpass because you can just sit at the top and missile people. Be warned, it's mad boring.

You should unlock 500 kills around wave 32 or so. I did at 27 because I'd had some kills earlier in multiplayer.

Really, an achievement like this I would have been happy to get without resorting to stupid grinding but there's one big issue. Even if you manage to buy the silverback, you have to upgrade it with the absurd sum of $10k. This is only really possible in waves 10-20. Ideally, what you want to do is hop off the silverback and earn a ton of money and then come back on wave 18 or so and upgrade it. Problem is, someone will probably take your silverback during that period and may even get that shit destroyed. You can sit in it and try to earn cash, but the damage you take will eat up your savings.

Ultimately, you'd basically have to have a party of friends who wouldn't jack the thing in order to get the upgrade and start missiling. Problem is you're really not even going to get started until wave 20. At wave 30, the silverback starts taking a lot of damage and it's hard to maintain. So max, per play you are going to earn about 100 kills with the missiles I would say.

If you have a bunch of friends that are always playing horde, sure you can get there. I have like 10 friends that play Gears but they're all busy on BF3 and other games at the moment so unfortunately this had to be grinded out. : /

Willeth

Suddenly, I have a ton of Commando Dom codes. Who wants one?

EDIT: I'm not going to be able to follow the thread and don't want to clog it up - PM me if you want one of these and ill get to you (although maybe not immediately - its bonfire night so I'm goin out to watch some explosions).

Here's one for someone who's quick enough, or a lurker, or whoever. Don't worry, there's plenty more:
6TD6W-YVCCR-2RY92-C4YQY-CD8DT

Lima said:
RAAAAAGE

I just unlocked level 3 of the silverback. As I said before this took an additional 300k from the 200k already invested.

I was all excited for the rockets only to find out that there is a fourth level to it. Which requires you to spend an additional 400k.

I was like

TF57J.jpg

Those rockets better be fucking awesome.

Edit: Oh shit with level 3 silverback you can upgrade it for 10k to get the rockets. Puh...

Hey Lima, according to this thread, there is a motherfucking 5th level to Silverback!!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=340533

So Level 3, which I have, gives you better armor and the missile upgrade. The upgrade is too damn expensive, so whatever, but at level 4 and 5 repair costs significantly drop.

Considering how much grinding you would have to do to get to level 4 and 5 with Silverback, I'm betting that this is important for some reason. For instance, the upcoming Impossible Mission event. Could that be a super long Horde session? 100 waves or something? Where you'll need a Level 5 Silverback to make it through?

Obviously a super strong Silverback would help getting through Insane mode as well, but given the effort involved with getting to level 5 I wonder if Epic doesn't have something up their sleeve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom