• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
adversesolutions said:
Pretty sure it does. I was leveling up like mad. Got to 64 from 52 or so in about a day.

good to know. I plan on playing quite a bit of horde this weekend with my shiny new DLC.

Anyone has a strategy of beating Beast on insane without failing? I just attempted with 4 people today and we kept failing. What is the best map to play Beast on to make it easier for us the next time we attempted it again?

malfcn

What's up with Longshot hitting the head and downing someone?

And why does roadie running sometimes drop out? I am still holding down the A button.

Playing with randoms is a lose-sentence. The dumbest tactics you ever see, bots are better than some humans.

abracadaver

I just noticed the scoring in arcade mode is really unfair. Cliff once said they reset the weapons after each chapter to make it fairer... But whats the point when every player starts with different weapons ?
Dom and Jace for example start with smoke grenades instead of frag grenades. They are useless against AI. also marcus' lancer is much easier and more versatile to use than the hammerburst. And the gnasher is a lot more effective than the SOS as well because you cant come close enough to most enemies to use it. Especially in higher difficulties.

The game should let you start with the set of weapons you chose for multiplayer.
That way we could use weapon skins in arcade as well.

malfcn

I am getting made fun of for playing like a team?!

"Dude there is a guy right behind you!"
"Stop messing up my fun!!"

What. The. Fuck.

GloveSlap

malfcn said:
What's up with Longshot hitting the head and downing someone?

And why does roadie running sometimes drop out? I am still holding down the A button.

Playing with randoms is a lose-sentence. The dumbest tactics you ever see, bots are better than some humans.

I always get randoms that won't move. They won't even go after the power weapons, they just set up camp in the spawn and leave me to die. They never have mics either.

God-fucking-damnit. I flanked the whole team on Mercy. I had 3 guys with their backs to me and what do I do? I go for the awesomehipfiretripledudebro and just completely miss everyone, walking amongst them like I'm part of their fucking team. And yeah, I die.

What the fuck? Why am I so shit? Seething.

exYle

zlatko said:
It's probably less the game and more myself that I just can't stomach a mountain of shit everytime I want to play Gears and I cross my fingers for some good matches. It just makes me hop real quick over to BF3 so I don't rage, but I WANT to be playing Gears. ; ;

Strange. The random bullshit in Battlefield 3 makes me switch over the much more enjoyable Gears.
I thought I raged hard when I played Gears, but BF3 has taken it to a whole new level. Fuck that game.

mickcenary said:
God-fucking-damnit. I flanked the whole team on Mercy. I had 3 guys with their backs to me and what do I do? I go for the awesomehipfiretripledudebro and just completely miss everyone, walking amongst them like I'm part of their fucking team. And yeah, I die.

What the fuck? Why am I so shit? Seething.

Hipfire is funky in this game, I can't figure the mechanics behind it though. When you hipfire does it have a wider spread, or does it not always come out straight center screen?

computers putin' said:
Hipfire is funky in this game, I can't figure the mechanics behind it though. When you hipfire does it have a wider spread, or does it not always come out straight center screen?

Yep it does have a much wider spread, just try shooting at a wall with hipfire and then hardaim, the difference is quite big. And it doesn't always come out straight center, it depends on your movements. Generally the easier way to hipfire is when you're walking straight. Wallbouncing to one side, then while looking at your enemy, pressing forward and shooting works too, and it's one of the most basic moves I think.

Also yeah, even the snub was better than the HB, I hope it's at least better than the frigging pistol now.

Robot Pants

Soooo..... why does everyone go for the Mulcher on Checkout. I'm the only person in 99% of my games played since launch that goes for the Digger/Sniper. I don't understand this. It's cool cause I get the weapons all to myself with no opposition, but....I'm still baffled. Even in the Alpha playlist.

X-Frame

Robot Pants said:
Soooo..... why does everyone go for the Mulcher on Checkout. I'm the only person in 99% of my games played since launch that goes for the Digger/Sniper. I don't understand this. It's cool cause I get the weapons all to myself with no opposition, but....I'm still baffled. Even in the Alpha playlist.
I go for nades. Usually get a lot of opposition there.

2San

Robot Pants said:
Frags.

-PXG- said:
Ugh...I'm getting rusty.
Its that lvl 100 now you have nothing to strive for.

Managed to get my 50 last night HOFFMAN is mine. Ranking up with about 10 rounds of horde which is nice and more relaxing than Alpha. Alpha is still great was just having laggy games last night.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Robot Pants said:
If someone hits the alarm, you can snag boomshot which replace the fire extinguisher.

X-Frame

ZROCOOL said:
If someone hits the alarm, you can snag boomshot which replace the fire extinguisher.
I've never done that so watching a couple YouTube videos I see there are 2 alarms to pull. One in one of the spawns and the other in electronics. Do both do the same thing and unveil the boomshot?

X-Frame said:
I've never done that so watching a couple YouTube videos I see there are 2 alarms to pull. One in one of the spawns and the other in electronics. Do both do the same thing and unveil the boomshot?
Yes

X-Frame

What does everyone use as their controller sensitivities and why?

I assume most people have high turn, but maybe slower target and zoom -- but I could be way off. Wondering what the Gears vets use after all these years.

zlatko

Banned
X-Frame said:

I assume most people have high turn, but maybe slower target and zoom -- but I could be way off. Wondering what the Gears vets use after all these years.

I've got mine up 2/3rds to max. That's the most in line to what Gears 1 felt at max for me.

Anilusion

Is there anybody here with a level 100 GoW2 that could help me out with the level 100 glitch? I don't really feel like playing hundreds of hours in gears 2 for a few weapon skins, although they are pretty cool.

If you happen to be playing TF2 I can give you some refined metal for the trouble.

abracadaver

Every match of can you dig it counts towards the war supporter medal. Easy way to unlock onyx and the 70G achievement today. The playlist sucks though, its a spamfest

abracadaver said:
Every match of can you dig it counts towards the war supporter medal. Easy way to unlock onyx and the 70G achievement today. The playlist sucks though, its a spamfest

this happened at launch too. does anyone remember if Epic fixed during the event? or did it last the entire weekend?

i'm thinking once they get word they'll kill it. maybe i should i hop back on and farm

abracadaver

Seems to be fixed already. Im still getting it however. Wont leave the game until I get onyx. Just 5 more matches. The gold medal already gave me 20000 XP. Wonder how much onyx will give

Lima

abracadaver said:

This happened every time when the new playlist for the weekend went live. One would guess that they would have figured it out by now.

Montresor

Guys, which medals do you think should be unlock-able across all game types?

In my opinion, the following medals should be available in horde mode:

Medic: reviving teammates
Spotter: spotting enemies with left stick click
Active Reload: perfect gun reloads

I've really just gotten bored of versus, and have been playing beast/campaign/horde exclusively. Hopefully I catch versus fever again sometime, but for now I find it a little strange that I can be reviving, spotting, and active reloading a ton in horde mode and not be contributing towards any of those medals.

Lima

The weapon kill medals should also count in horde. I do not look forward to do 6000 kills each with the fucking retro and the sos.

adversesolutions said:
Yeah, fixed. : /

I just got off playing QM digger and i was still getting it. the ribbon will only pop up on your first game but subsequent games still count towards WarSupporter.

i'll be back at 3pm pst. hopefully its still glitched and can hit up the last 20 games.

Digger's my favorite weapon. Probably because it's so easy to get hip fire kills and feel like a boss.

...hey wait maybe I should switch to SOS too, lol

mernst23

Montresor said:
What's the best way to get Force Multiplier onyx?

Granted I only have 33/100 for onyx but there are 2 methods, both require you to have a second controller.

Method 1:
First method is play chapter 2-7 over and over killing the gas barges and 2 of the reavers. There's a youtube video somewhere. It takes about 4-4:30 for each one (I can't consistently do this so I use method 2.

Methoid 2: Play Chapter 3-1 on Casual, use the turrets on the right side to get your multiplier up to 8-9x, when they break the front gate kill the grenadiers and the bloodmounts. When you hear the horn the maulers start coming, toss 4 grenades at them and lancer the scraps. You picked he right turrent because there is a one-shot near the catwalk, use it to kill waves 2 and 3 of the maulers/grinders trying to kill 2 guys per shot and boom, 5:30-6:30 force multiplier pretty much guaranteed. They never make it past the 2nd gate in my method. Or if you have the super reload mutator that works too.

As soon as the chapter totals up your progress press start before the checkpoint hits and "play last chapter."

It's boring as hell, and sometimes the game glitches and doesn't send out the 2nd wave of maulers. But method 2 is the most consistent way to get them.

Edit:
Also, when do you unlock the command center because right now I have fort 8, decoy 5, turret 3, sentry 4, and silverback 2 and it's still locked.

Robot Pants

X-Frame said:

18, 15, 12
Took me a while to find one that works the best for me. But I love that old 18,15,12

Fallacy

Neo Member
X-Frame said:

Messed around with it for a few weeks, ended up with 15,14,16. Don't plan on changing it.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Thank you.

Thank you Quinn for the upgrades to the Hammerburst.

All I really wanted was the headshot multiplier, but you guys improved things in ways I wouldn't even expect - especially upping the long-range damage especially since hitting people on the other side of the map is my favorite thing to do with the Hammerburst, especially when a teammate is at the Mulcher/Mortar on Thrashball and he needs help when people rush there. Nice.

mernst23 said:
Also, when do you unlock the command center because right now I have fort 8, decoy 5, turret 3, sentry 4, and silverback 2 and it's still locked.

It's the turret that gets you the command center - I think it's after you put in 300k's worth of upgrades.

2San

X-Frame said:

20/20/15~20. It's gnasher/lancer focused. Both weapons where speed is imo more important then accuracy not to mention even on high sensitivity it's still reasonable easy to line up the headshot with the lancer. The only problems you'll find with this is with the sniper/torque bow, when not zoomed in. You kinda get used to it though. When zoomed the turn speed really isn't that high imo so you can do with a maxed out zoom speed. I'm still not sure what kind off zoom speed I prefer.

Turn speed should be maxed for everyone though.

edit: I started with Gears 2 though!

zlatko

Banned
What's the point of Alpha if I never get execution on it? Also, quick match matchmaking is dog shit. It's put me in the same game 5 times in a row. Come the fuck on already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom