• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
ViewtifulJC said:
God, I played with this one guy last night. He was really good, but he was so douchey. He plugged his mic in just to whine about stolen kills, even though he was stealing several of mine. He kept going on about how godlike his Gnasher was, and how great his internet connection was, and how these guys were playing were "gay" and BKs and bullshit. He must've had a couple ribs removed in surgery, no way is it normal to be able to suck your own dick so hard like this guy did.
KuGsj.gif

Sounds like how I talk when I'm with my friends. Get a lucky headshot? "Jesus christ did you see that shit? Motherfuckers, I'm so fucking good at Gears. Nobody else pick up my fucking snip- *destroyed by Gnasher*"

"My Gnasher is so godlike. Every time I shoot someone I get a headshot, and when I don't get a headshot, I just gib everyone."

Just on and on with the constant self congratulations. Who the fuck is he bragging to, me, the guy he just met? The bots? I just had to mute him at one point, it was insufferable.

Raxus

Is there any way to earn easy money in horde mode. It takes FOREVER to level anything when you reach level 5 on one of the fortifications.

Lima

adversesolutions said:
Hey Lima, according to this thread, there is a motherfucking 5th level to Silverback!!

Yeah dude I was so fucking pissed when I found out today. I started up horde and when I looked at the bar I noticed that I didn't have the 4 stars on it.

So I quickly checked the game menu only to find out that there is a 5th level to the Silverback which requires you to spend another 500k on it. That makes it a whopping 1,4 million.

haha_oh_wow5f6p.jpg

Willeth said:
Suddenly, I have a ton of Commando Dom codes. Who wants one?

EDIT: I'm not going to be able to follow the thread and don't want to clog it up - PM me if you want one of these and ill get to you (although maybe not immediately - its bonfire night so I'm goin out to watch some explosions).

Here's one for someone who's quick enough, or a lurker, or whoever. Don't worry, there's plenty more:
6TD6W-YVCCR-2RY92-C4YQY-CD8DT

Please? :(

Sent a PM too.

Willeth said:

EDIT: I'm not going to be able to follow the thread and don't want to clog it up - PM me if you want one of these and ill get to you (although maybe not immediately - its bonfire night so I'm goin out to watch some explosions).

Here's one for someone who's quick enough, or a lurker, or whoever. Don't worry, there's plenty more:
I would like one if you don't mind.

Willeth said:

sent a pm also, thanks.

Willeth said:

nvm I got commando dom using that code you just posted. Thanks man!

Willeth

Sorry I haven't responded to anyone, there's been fireworks. Rest assured that if you've asked, I have a code for you and I'll get to you within a couple of hours.

EDIT: Done - should have got everyone. Typing in twenty or so 25-character codes is boring as hell, though.

X-Frame

Playing some regular TDM after I've been playing Alpha for the past several days is a rude awakening. The SOS literally ruins all the fun that occurs in Alpha.

I really hope Epic expands Alpha and it's a permanent playlist or else I don't think I could enjoy this game nearly as much if I have to play with the SOS as a starting weapon.

Alpha = A gift from God.

Frester

How much do I have to upgrade the barriers/decoys/turrets before I can start working on the sentry guns and then the Silverback?

Kajiba

Willeth said:
Sorry I haven't responded to anyone, there's been fireworks. Rest assured that if you've asked, I have a code for you and I'll get to you within a couple of hours.

EDIT: Done - should have got everyone. Typing in twenty or so 25-character codes is boring as hell, though.

Do you still have anymore left? I like to have one please.

Raxus

adversesolutions said:
This is workable:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=331054

But I think they're wrong about when silverback unlocks. I think it unlocks at barrier level 7 iirc. For Sentry, you'll need level 4 decoy.
You need level 7 barrier for SB, level 3 decoy for sentry, and level (7)??? turrets for command center.

You need to spend a whopping 360k points on turrets to get command center.

Just so you know how expensive that is, it only costs 170 k to MAX out barriers and 200k to get level 2 SB.

Raxus said:
You need level 7 barrier for SB, level 3 decoy for sentry, and level (7)??? turrets for command center.

You need to spend a whopping 360k points on turrets to get command center.

Just so you know how expensive that is, it only costs 170 k to MAX out barriers and 200k to get level 2 SB.

Yeah unlocking command center took for fucking-ever.

Kunohara

Got my Socialite achievement along with some other nice medals just playing some Execution with bots. It didn't count for my friend even though he got the DLC, weird.

I must say though, Blood Drive horde is amazing. Love that map.

malfcn said:
Reload 2-2 over and over again apparently.

I hate asking stupid questions but after I saw you post on how you lvl from 80 to 100 I just got to know. What do you mean Reload 2-2? Do you mean Act 2 Chapter 2? Are there more enemies to kill to gain more xps?

Montresor

DarkBurialX said:
I hate asking stupid questions but after I saw you post on how you lvl from 80 to 100 I just got to know. What do you mean Reload 2-2? Do you mean Act 2
Chapter 2? Are there more enemies to kill to gain more xps?

Play 2-2 on hardcore difficulty or higher, with hard mutators (to maximize experience). If you remember, the final battle of 2-2 is a slow advance up a hill. This final battle starts off with you controlling a siege beast.

The following is important: at the very end of this hill, there is a gate that will open up as soon as the battle is over (aka, as soon as every enemy is killed). Additionally, a checkpoint is created when every enemy is killed. What you need to do, is you need to get your character to be facing the gate BEFORE every enemy is killed.

Once every enemy is gone, the gate opens (and the checkpoint is created, of course), and all you need to do is run up one last hill and the chapter ends.

During the next cutscene, pause and reload the checkpoint. You will be facing the gate just as it opens, since you made sure to be facing the gate when every enemy was wiped out in the aforementioned battle. Run up the hill again, and the chapter will end. Then, pause and reload the checkpoint. And so on. This gives you a MASSIVE amount of experience, especially with hard mutators and hard difficulties and double experience.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Jesus, just did horde on insane, no ammo drops, team damage, and enemy regen. Waves 1-50

Absolutely no beneficial mutators.

Shit was hard as hell, took 3 and a half hours, but we did it.

JMizzlin

Montresor said:
Play 2-2 on hardcore difficulty or higher, with hard mutators (to maximize experience). If you remember, the final battle of 2-2 is a slow advance up a hill. This final battle starts off with you controlling a siege beast.

The following is important: at the very end of this hill, there is a gate that will open up as soon as the battle is over (aka, as soon as every enemy is killed). Additionally, a checkpoint is created when every enemy is killed. What you need to do, is you need to get your character to be facing the gate BEFORE every enemy is killed.

Once every enemy is gone, the gate opens (and the checkpoint is created, of course), and all you need to do is run up one last hill and the chapter ends.

During the next cutscene, pause and reload the checkpoint. You will be facing the gate just as it opens, since you made sure to be facing the gate when every enemy was wiped out in the aforementioned battle. Run up the hill again, and the chapter will end. Then, pause and reload the checkpoint. And so on. This gives you a MASSIVE amount of experience, especially with hard mutators and hard difficulties and double experience.

Thanks! Trying to get it now. I'm getting 40k score at the end of the level (playing Arcade mode) but haven't gained any levels after doing it 10+ times? I'm at level 42 atm. Is this normal?

Alienshogun said:
Jesus, just did horde on insane, no ammo drops, team damage, and enemy regen. Waves 1-50

Absolutely no beneficial mutators.

Shit was hard as hell, took 3 and a half hours, but we did it.

Woah! Good effort! What possessed you to do such a thing?

Montresor said:

What kind of mutators do I need? You mean when I'm about to end a chapter, then press start to reload the checkpoint.

Hawaii 22

Neo Member
DarkBurialX said:
You mean when I'm about to end a chapter, then press start to reload the checkpoint.
No, you let the chapter end. When you watch the scoreboard, that is the moment when the game adds your stats / fills your bars.
After the end of 2-2, there is a cutscene. NOW pause the game and load the last checkpoint. Repeat as often as you can stand the procedure.

Lunchbox

Banned
ViewtifulJC said:
That dude dropped us like a used tissue, fuck that godly ass, handsome ass, badass player
i tracked one of the tru guys who rage quit from xbox live after the match

guess who gave em these!

b76lH.jpg

ibgueBrxMAVX7a.gif

Montresor said:

Bannable?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I don't know if this is an Alpha thing (the only playlist I've played has been Alpha since it was implemented), but the map rotation is a lot better. I'm not seeing the same maps multiple times in a session anymore, and a bigger variety is popping up.

Still, the MP needs more maps. Can't wait for the 24th.

Montresor

StalkerUKCG said:
Bannable?

That definitely shouldn't be bannable. It's not even a glitch. It's just an oversight by Epic. That doesn't mean I don't feel a bit guilty when i did it.

I really only did that to get the arcade onyx medals. Why would I want to get to level 100 so fast? There is still tons of horde and beast to play in the lifespan of this game.

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
Enjoying the single player but is it just me or is the friendly A.I. more aggressive than it was in 1 and 2? They are going in and wiping out all enemies before I can kill three! I feel like a spectator more often than not.

Hawaii 22 said:
No, you let the chapter end. When you watch the scoreboard, that is the moment when the game adds your stats / fills your bars.
After the end of 2-2, there is a cutscene. NOW pause the game and load the last checkpoint. Repeat as often as you can stand the procedure.

Wait so you have to play arcade?

Lunchbox said:
i tracked one of the tru guys who rage quit from xbox live after the match

guess who gave em these!

http://i.imgur.com/b76lH.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]https://i.minus.com/ibgueBrxMAVX7a.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

We actually ran into several good clans last night, including A TEAM, R?2K, and TRUx

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64D9izZlBWw[/url]

See, even A TEAM hate these dudes

Montresor

DarkBurialX said:
Wait so you have to play arcade?

I don't know if you have to, but I did.

Right now I'm on doing horde and I could use 2 or 3 more gaffers to help me out. I need to work on turrets and silverback. GT is LordOdadjian so send me a MSG and join my game!

Settings are:

Blood Drive
Hardcore
Enemy Regen
Must active reload
Super reload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom