• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montresor

Montresor said:
I don't know if you have to, but I did.

Right now I'm on doing horde and I could use 2 or 3 more gaffers to help me out. I need to work on turrets and silverback. GT is LordOdadjian so send me a MSG and join my game!

Settings are:

Blood Drive
Hardcore
Enemy Regen
Must active reload
Super reload

Hey guys, I got to wave 22 with a group of you, so thanks. Unfortunately I have to go out and do something... sorry guys, me being the host and all, if you guys die, I can't resume. =(

I think the best people we ran up against was several weeks ago, the FSU clan. It was me, PXG, I think Unreal Loco. They were godlike, but they also didn't talk a lot of shit, so I just had to respect that. They were clearly playing like a well-oiled machine, and they'v been doing it for years

Man they suck at making these weekend playlist. What the hell is the point of making it Diggers if everyone uses gnasher? Its just bullshit, and it would be a lot more fun I think if it was just infinite ammo digger.

ViewtifulJC said:
Great news! TRUx Clan tryouts may still be open by then

Zdkwm.png

Ugh...playing with random people sucks. They always leave if you don't get to them in time to revive them. Can rarely make it past wave ten without like three people leaving. :-/

Lima

zlatko said:
What would a turbo controller even accomplish in Gears? Hburst spam or some weird shit?

Well my turbo controller got me the onyx doorman, buttoned up and spotter without me having to play.

So yeah it is pretty useful.

Playing execution against good people makes me want to just fucking kill myself. I rather play KOTH will all Sawed-Offs then "herp derp rush to the top, camp, lancer fire, oh we killed one guy time to sit on our asses for three minutes waiting to close the gap"

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
ViewtifulJC said:
Playing execution against good people makes me want to just fucking kill myself. I rather play KOTH will all Sawed-Offs then "herp derp rush to the top, camp, lancer fire, oh we killed one guy time to sit on our asses for three minutes waiting to close the gap"
This sounds stupid. Execution is all about CQC. The ONLY time people camp in execution games I'm playing (in most of the games) is when it's 1v4.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I wouldn't call execution campy as a whole, but any elimination-style gametype in any game lends itself to the campy kind of gameplay closer to the end, and as a result is why elimination-style gametypes are really shitty in general because the aggression becomes isolated to only one side of the fight, which is what keeps a game intense.

Yeah rarely you get good defensive play too, but it's never nearly as good as good offensive play.

Dug said:
So I just looked it up and it says it's officially licensed by Microsoft. Seriously?
Yeah, there are plenty of turbo controllers licensed by MS. All 360 controllers have to adhere to the XID specification which typically require licensing from MS.

Lunchbox

Banned
ViewtifulJC said:
True

Only bad kids like pxg like that shit. So he can rely on xNYCsFinestx420 to carry him

Lunchbox said:
True

Only bad kids like pxg like that shit. So he can rely on xNYCsFinestx420 to carry him

Yep, and that's only when they don't have the God of Murder Kratos himself to fuck NJsFinest up

lol at all these people with 420 in their names. You're cool, bro.

Lima

So my setup right now is like this. 4 360's with 4 copies of Gears. 4 gold accounts with 4 guests signed in.

Shit is crazy. Too many controllers for me to handle lol.

But already got my pyro onyx medal. Now working on the heavy weapon one. This is awesome!

zlatko

Banned
Lima said:
So my setup right now is like this. 4 360's with 4 copies of Gears. 4 gold accounts with 4 guests signed in.

But already got my pyro onyx medal. Now working on the heavy weapon one. This is awesome!

What in the fuck?

Shout outs to virtual internet points making people do ... well I don't know a nice word to put here.

Willeth

Lima said:

Why 4 Golds? Why not LAN it?

Ballistik

Lima said:

Only? I have 5 of each.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
God, Alpha is SO much better than anything else. They should just go ahead and remove every other playlist. Such a great idea.

Another great idea? An "Alpha" DLC pack with 5 maps: War Machine, Fuel Depot, Canals, Escalation, and Raven Down (can you imagine the spawn craziness on TDM Raven Down?).

Gross, Escalation. That map is down there with Tyro Station, IMO. Blood Drive is like a less stupid Escalation since one team doesn't get fucked over by spawning at the bottom.

Speaking of which, who voted for Bullet Marsh!?

Raxus

ViewtifulJC said:
Gross, Escalation. That map is down there with Tyro Station, IMO. Blood Drive is like a less stupid Escalation since one team doesn't get fucked over by spawning at the bottom.

Speaking of which, who voted for Bullet Marsh!?
Raam's shadow features the return of the kryll so they brought back the only map that features the kryll. Bullet Marsh isn't a bad map to bring back but at least it isn't one of the low tier maps like tyro station or escalation from gears 1.

lol watching some old Gears 1 videos, its crazy just how much better Gears 3 looks and moves in comparison. From the textures, the framerate, the animations, the transitions from cover to rolling to attacking; its just a big step forward from where the series was 6 years ago.

Although I do miss the old Curb Stomp animation

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Escalation is nowhere near as bad as Tyro Station. But on second thought it isn't as good as Mausoleum.

Also, one of the things I still can't get over when it comes to 3 compared to 1 is the delay when aiming with the gnasher or blindfiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom