• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently RAAM's Shadow is exactly 2GB?

news_photo_16398_13228furz.jpg

Those are either some mighty filler text files or we're getting DLC 2 and part of DLC 3 in there.

EDIT: Orrrrrrrrrrr, maybe the campaign contains various high quality pre-rendered cutscenes hogging up all that space. I think it could be a mix of both (DLC 2 + DLC 3 content), seeing as how new skins (not DLC 2 ones) and new maps from unannounced DLCs are already being leaked and all. That's the most plausible and probable explanation, I guess.

Anilusion

Well thank MS for XGD3 Disc format. The DVD is now pushed to its limits with stuff written to the outer edges of the DVD. And some Xbox's have problems with that. The laser is weak or not properly adjusted and thus the disc will fail security checks giving you error messages.

Sucks. I have had this problem with MW3. My console was even flagged for AP 2.5 violation. Had to call support to get this sorted.

Weird thing is that I installed the game perfectly without errors. I don't get how it can get disc read errors when playing, it shouldn't even use the disc.

Lima

Weird thing is that I installed the game perfectly without errors. I don't get how it can get disc read errors when playing, it shouldn't even use the disc.

It's still doing security checks randomly even if the game is installed. If it fails these checks bam you get a disc unreadable error.

It's still doing security checks randomly even if the game is installed. If it fails these checks bam you get a disc unreadable error.

Its every single time a ap2.5 game is launched the disc spins up loads the xex and checks for ap2.5 i think so if even one time the laser misses the check your going to be reported for a flashed drive. pretty lame really microsoft should replace your console they did with people who couldnt use the new discs you have that problem but intermittently

Maddog

There are 5 new maps? I thought it was just Bullet Marsh and Clocktower? Are these the only free ones?

5 new maps for public versus. 3 of them are from the Horde DLC pack so BM and CT are the only ones you can play in private if you haven't bought the DLC pack.

Dosia

Even with the new maps, the game still feels like it could use an extra 4-5 maps. I hope they release another map pack by march.

Even with the new maps, the game still feels like it could use an extra 4-5 maps. I hope they release another map pack by march.

seeing as gears2 had 29 maps I hope they pump out at least that many for gears3. I would think the RAAM DLC would also come with a few maps too. Hopefully they can add the new maps to the VS rotation day one instead of waiting like they did with DLC1

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
seeing as gears2 had 29 maps I hope they pump out at least that many for gears3. I would think the RAAM DLC would also come with a few maps too. Hopefully they can add the new maps to the VS rotation day one instead of waiting like they did with DLC1

I imagine there will be another booster pack to come out after DLC 2.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
currently letting my console idle with bot games to work toward unlocking Prescott but i should be around this evening.

You're on the gaf tag right? I'll check if you're available assuming my buddies don't snag me up. They have been scrimming a lot and I want no part of that crap.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Preorder bonuses id be fine with however id like Adam fenix (or this costume) to stay exclusive at least

Same difference to me, I don't see a high chance of Adam Fenix becoming DLC either even though it makes sense. I see no joy in stopping others from accessing content as long as they're still paying for it as well. If you bought the Epic Edition/whatever else included Adam Fenix just for the skin then I look at it as you paying a premium for early exclusivity to that content. A grossly large premium.

So whats my in game reward for getting the epic edition? Want adam fenix? should of got the editions he was included in its tough luck if you didnt

Your in-game reward was getting the skins early. Netherrealm for example made the LE Mortal Kombat skins paid DLC after a while. Again, it's free money to the developers, so I can see why they'd do it.

Same difference to me, I don't see a high chance of Adam Fenix becoming DLC either even though it makes sense. I see no joy in stopping others from accessing content as long as they're still paying for it as well. If you bought the Epic Edition/whatever else included Adam Fenix just for the skin then I look at it as you paying a premium for early exclusivity to that content. A grossly large premium.

I didnt just for the skin but it was part of the package, if it was going to be available a later date i want to know when i purchase, the point in exclusive content is that its exclusive. Available for DLC negates exclusive.

Early exclusivity should be specified, epic already have enough free money systems with gears 3 they dont need one more.

2th

Banned
I hope they never sell Adam Fenix. I mean if they do then that is a big slap to the people who spent their money to get the Epic and Limited Editions of the game. If you want to support the company so much then you should have gotten the more expensive editions. Not bitched later how you got a standard edition and want what the big boys have.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I hope they never sell Adam Fenix. I mean if they do then that is a big slap to the people who spent their money to get the Epic and Limited Editions of the game. If you want to support the company so much then you should have gotten the more expensive editions. Not bitched later how you got a standard edition and want what the big boys have.
Or, maybe it's not about throwing cash at something "just to show support" and someone just wants a DLC skin without paying $20 over or double the game itself's price or whatever for it. And even still if you want to make that obtuse argument, it's not like they'd sell it for free, you'd still pay for it and thus be supporting the devs.

I'll never understand this elitist mentality. Your money explicitly went towards a statue and trinkets, not something that's on every edition's disc waiting to be unlocked.

2th

Banned
Or, maybe it's not about throwing cash at something "just to show support" and someone just wants a DLC skin without paying $20 over or double the game itself's price or whatever for it. And even still if you want to make that obtuse argument, it's not like they'd sell it for free, you'd still pay for it and thus be supporting the devs.

I'll never understand this elitist mentality. Your money explicitly went towards a statue and trinkets, not something that's on every edition's disc waiting to be unlocked.

all i hear is "wah wah wah i want what other people have cause i feel like im entitled to it for no reason at all" and "if i throw money at a company they can totally dick over their other customers"

it is called exclusivity. deal with it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
The fact people can't respect/understand exclusivity boggles my mind, furthermore, the people who feel entitlement to everything and anything disgusts me.

This generation is really bad about feeling entitled.

People keep saying "you got a statue, an artbook etc, the in game content should be for everyone!" are way out of line. Those products were sold as per their description to include everything that's physical AND the in game context as exclusives.

People who didn't get these editions aren't entitled to shit, if they wanted those "exclusive" skins they should have bought those editions.

2th

Banned
The fact people can't respect/understand exclusivity boggles my mind, furthermore, the people who feel entitlement to everything and anything disgusts me.

exactly. If you want Adam fenix go buy you a limited edition of gears 3.

Yeah, I probably would have bought it if there was a trim level that was the standard + the skin. I have little use for a medal or statYeah, ue.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Yeah, I probably would have bought it if there was a trim level that was the standard + the skin. I have little use for a medal or statYeah, ue.

The thing is, the AF skin is literally etched into the medal. The only one that's not the case for is the console.

I may be out of line, but that seems to imply they wanted it to be pretty sought after/limited.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
all i hear is "wah wah wah i want what other people have cause i feel like im entitled to it for no reason at all" and "if i throw money at a company they can totally dick over their other customers"

it is called exclusivity. deal with it.
This is pretty hypocritical. Much like ViewtifulJC put it, you feel entitled to the exclusivity for no reason at all. They could have easily not even labelled it as exclusive and sold it as premium DLC far down the line. Gears wouldn't be the first game to do it. And much like how exclusive content works in the context of stuff that's on disc anyways, you can interpret it as yes, you did indeed throw money early on at a company so they could dick over other customers by withholding content.

People keep saying "you got a statue, an artbook etc, the in game content should be for everyone!" are way out of line. Those products were sold as per their description to include everything that's physical AND the in game context as exclusives.

People who didn't get these editions aren't entitled to shit, if they wanted those "exclusive" skins they should have bought those editions.
Who's not understanding exclusivity here? No one said it should be for everyone, especially since it was labelled as an exclusive and I see it not happening, but that it really shouldn't be this offensive to people that it's a possibility. The notion of "you can't have what I have" is far more disgusting than anything else. If your pissed off about any shit this gen, exclusivity should be near the top of the list, because of this elitist, in some cases ego stroking mentality it creates in gamers alone. It's quite appalling how people can be so riled up over even the thought of other people having content they have even if they also pay a monetary fee for it.

-PXG-

Although Gears 3 is pretty much perfect now, Gears ain't Gears without bitching. So lets complain about the semantics of what "exclusive" means and who is "entitled" to what, exactly.

Anyway, since being blessed with a PC from an alternate dimension, I'd love to see Gears 3 (with proper optimization) on PC. It amazes me just how much Epic was able to pull off on such limited and old hardware. Truly incredible work. If they could do what they did on the 360, I can't imagine just what would happen if this game was on a high-end PC.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
This is pretty hypocritical. Much like ViewtifulJC put it, you feel entitled to the exclusivity for no reason at all. They could have easily not even labelled it as exclusive and sold it as premium DLC far down the line. Gears wouldn't be the first game to do it. And much like how exclusive content works in the context of stuff that's on disc anyways, you can interpret it as yes, you did indeed throw money early on at a company so they could dick over other customers by withholding content.

No, it's not hypocritical at all. And guess what, they DID label it exclusive, so your point is moot. No one is being dicked over, you're simply not getting what you didn't purchase.

Who's not understanding exclusivity here? No one said it should be for everyone, especially since it was labelled as an exclusive and I see it not happening, but that it really shouldn't be this offensive to people that it's a possibility. The notion of "you can't have what I have" is far more disgusting than anything else. If your pissed off about any shit this gen, exclusivity should be near the top of the list, because of this elitist, in some cases ego stroking mentality it creates in gamers alone. It's quite appalling how people can be so riled up over even the thought of other people having content they have even if they also pay a monetary fee for it.

You really don't seem to understand what exclusivity is.

You must get really pissed off when someone has a rare item/car/etc that you don't have, and can't get. Collectors editions, limited run/printed "things" are that way for a reason. It makes them more valuable and endears the owner/public to them.

Also, it's you're not your.

It's not that I'm "riled up" about a game skin. I'm "riled up" because kids these days think they deserve whatever they want.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Although Gears 3 is pretty much perfect now, Gears ain't Gears without bitching. So lets complain about the semantics of what "exclusive" means and who is "entitled" to what, exactly.

Anyway, since being blessed with a PC from an alternate dimension, I'd love to see Gears 3 (with proper optimization) on PC. It amazes me just how much Epic was able to pull off on such limited and old hardware. Truly incredible work. If they could do what they did on the 360, I can't imagine just what would happen if this game was on a high-end PC.

Did you see the new tech demo they did with the new engine?

-PXG-

STFU and actually come play this game ya baddie

I've only played one quick bot match on Clocktower. I haven't even played Bullet Marsh. I've been busy with my new job. Plus, if you haven't heard, I finally built my beast gaming rig. I have a lot of catching up to do on PC.

All of my free time now is spent messing around with my new rig, seeing how far I can push it.

Did you see the new tech demo they did with the new engine?

How "new" is it? Post it please. I may have already seen it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
No, it's not hypocritical at all. And guess what, they DID label it exclusive, so your point is moot. No one is being dicked over, you're simply not getting what you didn't purchase.
Sorry I meant "they could have easily labelled it as exclusive," implying like in the reality where they did. Point it's still a possibility of selling said exclusive content down the line. Should they? Probably not, and probably won't, that's not the point. The point is they can and you still got your exclusivity you paid for, in a different form; time.

You really don't seem to understand what exclusivity is.

You must get really pissed off when someone has a rare item/car/etc that you don't have, and can't get. Collectors editions, limited run/printed "things" are that way for a reason. It makes them more valuable and endears the owner/public to them to them.

Also, it's you're not your.

It's not that I'm "riled up" about a game skin. I'm "riled up" because kids these days think they deserve whatever they want.
Lol @ the bolded. Yes, you paid for exclusivity, but it could have easily just been a timed exclusive like I mentioned before. It's not out of the realm of possibility. When the endearment turns into previously mentioned ego stroking is where I take issue, when it becomes just an inverted version of the "this should be MINE!" mentality you despise from those without, for those with. It's an inclusion/exclusion entitlement in the heads of people with and the people without, which is pretty clearly evidenced by this discussion here.

2th

Banned
I've only played one quick bot match on Clocktower. I haven't even played Bullet Marsh. I've been busy with my new job. Plus, if you haven't heard, I finally built my beast gaming rig. I have a lot of catching up to do on PC.

All of my free time now is spent messing around with my new rig, seeing how far I can push it.

How "new" is it? Post it please. I may have already seen it.

yes I got your email. I am well aware of your new PC. But unless you are playing League of Legend or DOTA 2 i care not. I need people to run some alpha with. Shit is lame by yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom