• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
downloaded the booster pack but the game doesn't show the 3 commando horde maps up, only the other two :s
already tried deleting and redownloading everything but it doesn't work

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
also, the MI:4 skins are a bit rubbish

it's like a digital camo skin. I don't know what I thought it would be but something more exciting than that.

2th

Banned
It's a 237.67MB download. Guess I'm having crow for breakfast!

i could have told you that. :p

also bullet marsh is glorious. im not digging the new particle effect for the Kryll. they went really really noob friendly to make sure it was painfully obvious. also seems like there are only 3 places the kryll can touch you so far, so if you are in some random dark corner the Kryll do not descend upon you.

Clock Tower is also pretty solid. Will be great for execution but im not so certain for TDM.

so i downloaded the booster pack, i have the horde command pack, and i still only get the old maps in rotation. what gives epic?

I bet it's taking a while for the servers to get a new playlist coupled with the fact that not everyone has the maps downloaded.

Epic should have rolled TU2 and the BoosterPack into the same package. That way everyone would be forced to download the maps. What happens when somebody doesn't bother getting the booster pack, without those maps how are they supposed to join an updated playlist or any playlist?

TheOddOne

Report: People Can Fly developing Gears prequels
According to the latest issue of OXM US, Bulletstorm developer People Can Fly are developing a trilogy of prequel games for Gears of War.

The magazine (via CVG) suggested the rumour in its rumour section, which reads: “Gears of War will live on, of course, but in what form? A prequel trilogy developed by Epic-owned People Can Fly (Bulletstorm) as a likely scenario.”

Worth noting that, as well as Bulletstorm, People Can Fly – also owned by Epic Games – were behind the PC version of the original Gears of War in 2007.

The main Gears of War story, with Marcus and Delta Squad, wrapped up with the release of Gears of War 3 in September. Epic design director Cliff Bleszinski told VG247 around launch there was “8 billion types of ways we could spin” the series following the culmination of Fenix’s tale.
Posted?

Oh, cause I read somewhere that you get it on the 31st.

I haven't finished it yet though, I was just asking. I'm like on the last act too

I need the last few chapters on act5 insane too. im hitting up the epic forums for some help with just the boss fight seeing as soloing the other chapters are easy enough.

2th

Banned
So after playing around with Bullet Marsh for a while im rather disappointed. The map is super bright. I mean they have emissive skins for a reason so making the map darker would have been much nicer. It seems they weren't really casual friendly with this and it makes me very sad.

Also the map is not exactly fantastic for horde. The sniper hills arent bad nor is the middle thanks to givng you nice lines of site but you are so vulnerable on the map. Should be freaking great for KOTH though.

I heard the opposite. That the final boss is much easier solo

I actually just finished it up with some help.
It did seem easier getting to the final round solo because the bots do such a good job of holding the guards attention. The real kicker for me was trying to get more HoD ammo, but with some real players you don't have to be the only guy trying to blast the boss.

over all though it was ok fun. Better than the gears2 boss but not as good as RAAM.

LosDaddie

Banned
ill play, sent you a message

Man, after, uh, spending time with the lady, I passed out early last night. :lol

I apologize. I really wanted to play, but it just didn't happen. Kinda sucks because I feel like I wasted one night of this extended Thanksgiving weekend.

But now that the new maps are out, I totally want to get an Insane Horde group going on one of these maps. I don't care what map, just as long as it's a new map. Not doing any crazy Black Friday shopping, so I'll be available tonight.

Maddog

Man, after, uh, spending time with the lady, I passed out early last night. :lol

I apologize. I really wanted to play, but it just didn't happen. Kinda sucks because I feel like I wasted one night of this extended Thanksgiving weekend.

But now that the new maps are out, I totally want to get an Insane Horde group going on one of these maps. I don't care what map, just as long as it's a new map. Not doing any crazy Black Friday shopping, so I'll be available tonight.

I should be on.

Dosia

Christ I suck so bad at this game. How does one go from being so good at gears 1 to being complete shit in gears 3? Guess I need to start playing more, but I suck so bad. :(

I remember the days when I used to use a pistol to kill a whole team jsut to F around.

-PXG-

Not sure if this has been posted, but here are the names of the chapters in RAAM's Shadow

Evacuation
Darkness Spreads
Hide and Seek
Under the Shadow
Kryllstorm

Come on Dec 13th.

It's not just COD, it's batman, BF3, Skyrim, etc.

Rest assured, more people will be back when they finish with those other games.

I'm already bored of BF3 and COD.

So true, gears isnt getting my attention just yet. But iv finished with forza,cod,bf3,batman,halo,sr3 and sonic now. once i get skyrim and the assassins creed series out the way im ready for gears again. Hopefully i can get them done by dec 13 and start with raams shadow.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Not sure if this has been posted, but here are the names of the chapters in RAAM's Shadow

Evacuation
Darkness Spreads
Hide and Seek
Under the Shadow
Kryllstorm

Come on Dec 13th.

Sweet.

Played on Bulletmarsh first map of the day. Got two double kills with Kryll. Feels good man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom