• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

-PXG-

yes I got your email. I am well aware of your new PC. But unless you are playing League of Legend or DOTA 2 i care not. I need people to run some alpha with. Shit is lame by yourself.

NOPE

Mostly Skyrim. Gonna start dabbling in mods tomorrow.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
So I just popped in Gears of War 2 for shits and giggles. My god, what horrible gameplay mechanics. Things are sluggish as shit, and it's like there's a delay for everything. The character doesn't start roadie running until about a full second and a half after holding A. Not to mention the Gnasher is slow as hell. And Blindfiring the gnasher does nothing.

Jesus. At least I know I wasn't wrong back then.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
How "new" is it? Post it please. I may have already seen it.

The Samaritan demo from E3.

Sorry I meant "they could have easily labelled it as exclusive," implying like in the reality where they did. Point it's still a possibility of selling said exclusive content down the line. Should they? Probably not, and probably won't, that's not the point. The point is they can and you still got your exclusivity you paid for, in a different form; time.

Lol @ the bolded. Yes, you paid for exclusivity, but it could have easily just been a timed exclusive like I mentioned before. It's not out of the realm of possibility. When the endearment turns into previously mentioned ego stroking is where I take issue, when it becomes just an inverted version of the "this should be MINE!" mentality you despise from those without, for those with. It's an inclusion/exclusion entitlement in the heads of people with and the people without, which is pretty clearly evidenced by this discussion here.

Sounds like jealousy to me.

Like I said, it must really piss you off when people have rare cars, baseball cards, and other "collectible rare" things that you simply can't get.

The fact that you can spin it around and try to make it the fault of the people who have the rare item is astounding and very, very indicative of the problem I'm talking about in our society today.

Basically,people like you and this generation are a bunch of spoiled twats who think they are entitled to whatever they want.

This has turned into a circular conversation and I'm ending it here, I won't be responding again.

NOPE

Mostly Skyrim. Gonna start dabbling in mods tomorrow.

Nerd!

(waiting on my copy)

abracadaver

This game would be so much better with a bit more polish. There are so many small things that could easily be fixed but Epic doesnt seem to care.
Stuff like carmines voice, sniper goggles not glowing, classic models not moving their mouths etc. They could have used the booster pack to distribute updated player models to everyone. Who cares if the download would have been 20MB bigger.

In the Q&A these things get completely ignored even so the official forum is full of complaints. They rather answer pointless questions. And if you tweet someone from epic they ignore you as well unless you tell them how this is the best game ever.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
This game would be so much better with a bit more polish. There are so many small things that could easily be fixed but Epic doesnt seem to care.
Stuff like carmines voice, sniper goggles not glowing, classic models not moving their mouths etc. They could have used the booster pack to distribute updated player models to everyone. Who cares if the download would have been 20MB bigger.

In the Q&A these things get completely ignored even so the official forum is full of complaints. They rather answer pointless questions. And if you tweet someone from epic they ignore you as well unless you tell them how this is the best game ever.

That's how their official forums always are. They want a circle jerk, not criticism.

You're right about shit being off.

Add another cosmetic issue: you guys noticed how in Bullet Marsh whenever you shoot the generator your character will either shout "Kryll!" in Marcus' voice or they might shout something different altogether? Sam for example shouts "Mortar!". That's just sloppy, makes you wonder if they even bothered to test the new maps.

The official forums are full of legitimate and interesting questions, but it's up to Epic's community managers to pick which questions will get answered in live streams, and they're usually stuff we already know. You'll find that most people are usually quite dissatisfied with the Q&A rounds... oh, and then there's that thing when Rod told people not to be "asshats" and to "cut down the negativity" if they want to be well recognized as good members of the community and have the chance to get special treatment, so there's a lot of people feeling the need to suck up even more. :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sounds like jealousy to me.

Like I said, it must really piss you off when people have rare cars, baseball cards, and other "collectible rare" things that you simply can't get.

The fact that you can spin it around and try to make it the fault of the people who have the rare item is astounding and very, very indicative of the problem I'm talking about in our society today.

Basically,people like you and this generation are a bunch of spoiled twats who think they are entitled to whatever they want.

This has turned into a circular conversation and I'm ending it here, I won't be responding again.
Wow.. just wow. Agreed, no reason to have a discussion when you can't discuss this civilly without sinking to this level of rhetoric, and refuse to listen to the other side in favour of regurgitation.

charsace

Please bring back mansion Epic. I loved that map more than gridlock. You can survive better on your own on mansion than you can on gridlock. But you brought back gridlock again. Why not mansion? Please. Bring it back!

Wow.. just wow. Agreed, no reason to have a discussion when you can't discuss this civilly without sinking to this level of rhetoric, and refuse to listen to the other side in favour of regurgitation.

Alienshogun's "higher moral standards" are always entertaining, and have been ever since the "beta-sharing" incident waaaay back in May.

charsace

I see that people don't like the rust map. I love it in TDM. Lots of ways to flank people that try to dig in somewhere. You can dominate it if you keep on moving.

Alienshogun's "higher moral standards" are always entertaining, and have been ever since the "beta-sharing" incident waaaay back in May.

Maybe, but really both sides to the discussion in this case are valid.

If i have something exclusive and the world gets it i have something that in public eyes is devalued.

Likewise people who didnt have it have something they wanted but is now less valuble to the masses.

In an ideal world everything would be for everyone at the same time (release would be best cause it gets the most use) and these problems wouldnt occur but they have occured. Adam fenix was originally supposed to be exclusive to the COG owners then the console owners got in on the show because epic (or likely microsoft) screwed up a massive code distribution.

The item was already devalued at this point, to do so again is a real kick in the teeth to all the current owners and would sour many people.

If you wanted the item you should of got it the way many other people did. Putting it on the marketplace is almost rewarding people who didnt buy the other editions.

As a "gears evangelist" as Cliff would call me i feel i should be rewarded when i spend £100+ on a the franchise and if im rewarded for a limited time that reward feels alot less rewarding.

Like it or not people who ask for things like this actually do feel a sense of entitlement and alienshogun is correct in saying that its misplaced, people shouldnt get the code the same way they didnt get the golden hammerburst or lancer codes.

Speaking off, i have a few hammerburst codes and a com dom code going spare if anyone wants 1 pm me

2th

Banned
It's not. I know the guy, he has multiple modded accounts.

looked at his profile and while he does have just 2 achievements I havent seen his rank or anything so i would only have your word to go off. the stream isnt archived yet either. so i dont think doing anything at this point would be prudent.

looked at his profile and while he does have just 2 achievements I havent seen his rank or anything so i would only have your word to go off. the stream isnt archived yet either. so i dont think doing anything at this point would be prudent.

I can confirm the guy had gold wings with that gamertag seen it when the stream was live, Understandable you need proof but he had the wings.

Click to make bigger

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Nothing like racking up another Quinn, today all five with a Gnasher, solo, and four out of the five were a clan, plus some other guy, mmmmm mmmmmm.

Them and so many other teams got rinsed out so bad today without a single round on us, without even a full team.

2th

Banned
2th you got Joe on speed dial?

I got a modder who missed his ban. http://live.xbox.com/en-US/Activity/Details?titleId=1297287339&compareTo=weekxnd

Dude is showing level 100 in game and the achievements don't match up.

I can confirm the guy had gold wings with that gamertag seen it when the stream was live, Understandable you need proof but he had the wings.

Click to make bigger

you do realize you are showing two different gamertags right?

2th

Banned
I didnt i quoted the guys gold account, i didnt see the xbox.com link

i meant you and alien are showing two different people. The guy with Wings in the screenshot could be legit. Nothing there to day he isnt. His achievements are low but it basically says he has done nothing but play MP. The guy Shogun linked to i have no clue since i dont know what level he is and just know he has 2 achievements.

i meant you and alien are showing two different people. The guy with Wings in the screenshot could be legit. Nothing there to day he isnt. His achievements are low but it basically says he has done nothing but play MP. The guy Shogun linked to i have no clue since i dont know what level he is and just know he has 2 achievements.

The image is the guy from the stream, he must have multiple GT's

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

it's archived now.

http://www.twitch.tv/x_s7e4l7h/b/301105167

Go to 1:55

Here's a screen.

zoWYS.jpg

Edit: Fixed

Does in-game cheating occur that much? The other day, I encountered a dude wall-bouncing towards me down a corrider maybe 2.5 bodies wide at ridiculous speed. It just looked off in the sense that I really don't think it's humanly possible to re-adjust an analogue stick that quickly.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Does in-game cheating occur that much? The other day, I encountered a dude wall-bouncing towards me down a corrider maybe 2.5 bodies wide at ridiculous speed. It just looked off in the sense that I really don't think it's humanly possible to re-adjust an analogue stick that quickly.

No, aside from modding their account I've never seen actual cheating in the game.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I laughed last week when I was watching some guys get on someone's case on their stream for not calling out that they'd be using Gnashers in Ranked (hahaha), but just a while ago, me and my friends just rinsed out this group in Ranked and this kid sends me a message calling us "Lancer & Gnasher noobs" - despite the fact that I was using HB & Gnasher, the sheer ridiculousness of it all left me laughing for a while...

So I told him to take his 2-0 loss and get a new game if he's crying about weapons that made the game what it was since Gears 1, and then he say that we need skils. Hmmmm. If we need skills after destroying him and his lil buddies like that, then what does that say about him?

Oh, and for the first time in ages, we ran into two guys using Epic dev titles: LAYLA T MORGAN & revzER8800 - needless to say, their stats were just pitiful, with win/loss ratios of 0.1 & 0.2 respectively, and quit during the beginning of the first round already.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Did some execution with my buddies and got shit stomped the first game, then went on to shit stomp everyone else afterward.

Finally hit 75.

I need to practice more, but it feels great to know I've not "lost it."

I laughed last week when I was watching some guys get on someone's case on their stream for not calling out that they'd be using Gnashers in Ranked (hahaha), but just a while ago, me and my friends just rinsed out this group in Ranked and this kid sends me a message calling us "Lancer & Gnasher noobs" - despite the fact that I was using HB & Gnasher, the sheer ridiculousness of it all left me laughing for a while...

So I told him to take his 2-0 loss and get a new game if he's crying about weapons that made the game what it was since Gears 1, and then he say that we need skils. Hmmmm. If we need skills after destroying him and his lil buddies like that, then what does that say about him?

Oh, and for the first time in ages, we ran into two guys using Epic dev titles: LAYLA T MORGAN & revzER8800 - needless to say, their stats were just pitiful, with win/loss ratios of 0.1 & 0.2 respectively, and quit during the beginning of the first round already.

More than likely modders.

On that note. I forwarded my info to Joe, flak, and cher.

Funny how people will complain about lancers and even gnashers in this game.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Im horrible online, seriously terrible i normally just enjoy what i can out of the game, campaign horde beast ect.

In any game or just Gears?

Once you get the hang of the mechanics you can pretty much hold your own. It's just that Gears is it's own skill set, so being good at other games doesn't translate well.

In any game or just Gears?

Once you get the hang of the mechanics you can pretty much hold your own. It's just that Gears is it's own skill set, so being good at other games doesn't translate well.

Im the boss at other games seriously im in the higher skill base when it comes to nearly every other game but gears i just get stomped on i was awesome in the beta going like 14+ per game now i struggle to get 3 kills most of the time. No idea its likely cause i dont play online alot

2th

Banned

I do so enjoy when i get called out for using the gnasher. Im a bigger fan of horde and beast than i am of anything else so my gnasher isnt that great, but when i do hit my stride im not bad. so getting called out always makes me feel like im awesome. i laugh my ass off at the noobs insulting me but i feel awesome.

As for the people using the dev medals, might be modders, but they might not be. I know of two dev medals/titles and they are "I am EPIC!" and "I made this". I think, but am not sure, that the people from Microsoft get to use the "I made this" medal as well. So if that is the title they were using they might not have been modders. If they were using the "I am EPIC!" medal then they are either a modder or do actually work for Epic. Either way report them and let Joe/Flak sort it out.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I do so enjoy when i get called out for using the gnasher. Im a bigger fan of horde and beast than i am of anything else so my gnasher isnt that great, but when i do hit my stride im not bad. so getting called out always makes me feel like im awesome. i laugh my ass off at the noobs insulting me but i feel awesome.

As for the people using the dev medals, might be modders, but they might not be. I know of two dev medals/titles and they are "I am EPIC!" and "I made this". I think, but am not sure, that the people from Microsoft get to use the "I made this" medal as well. So if that is the title they were using they might not have been modders. If they were using the "I am EPIC!" medal then they are either a modder or do actually work for Epic. Either way report them and let Joe/Flak sort it out.

This is Gears 3 dude, get good with the sawed off, nub.

Im the boss at other games seriously im in the higher skill base when it comes to nearly every other game but gears i just get stomped on i was awesome in the beta going like 14+ per game now i struggle to get 3 kills most of the time. No idea its likely cause i dont play online alot

Yeah, more than likely.

Probably hyperbole to most, but to me, what you're doing is akin to buying BF/CoD for the campaign. AI vs. HI. It's basically two different games; one being significantly worse than the other.

Probably hyperbole to most, but to me, what you're doing is akin to buying BF/CoD for the campaign. AI vs. HI. It's basically two different games; one being significantly worse than the other.

I play gears for the universe, most games infact i play for the story. I didnt gears 1 online and i played alot of 2 with mates and horde mode but in the end the games dont click with competetivly and if i played with any of gearsgaf im sure id be destroyed but i enjoy them and thats all that counts. Im getting what i want from the games, i play halo for my online stuff and a little bit of other things. I bought MW3 for the campaign. BF3 i got to play with mates but im not finding it very fun.

I play gears for the universe, most games infact i play for the story. I didnt gears 1 online and i played alot of 2 with mates and horde mode but in the end the games dont click with competetivly and if i played with any of gearsgaf im sure id be destroyed but i enjoy them and thats all that counts. Im getting what i want from the games, i play halo for my online stuff and a little bit of other things. I bought MW3 for the campaign. BF3 i got to play with mates but im not finding it very fun.

Totally fair enough, dude. I think I'm just a jaded gamer nowadays; and at only 23 years of age, which is a bit sad. I actually only have 2 games in my collection right now: Gears and BF3, so yeah, shooting at fellow gamers obviously does it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom