• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

-PXG-

You know what they say...

Snitches get stitches...

Oh, I still haven't played Bullet Marsh 2.0 yet. Might get around to that on my lunch break.

JB1981

Totally fair enough, dude. I think I'm just a jaded gamer nowadays; and at only 23 years of age, which is a bit sad. I actually only have 2 games in my collection right now: Gears and BF3, so yeah, shooting at fellow gamers obviously does it for me.
No way man. Gears SP is worth it. So much better than the modern warfare military shooters

Ok we can bring back War Machine, Fuel Depot, and Mausoleum, but I can't believe ANYBODY would want Escalation. That map sucked in Gears 1, and it would be even suckier in Gears 3. Its like everything you hate about Overpass, except one team already starts at the top of the stairs with the GODMODE Gears 3 rifles.

Ok we can bring back War Machine, Fuel Depot, and Mausoleum, but I can't believe ANYBODY would want Escalation. That map sucked in Gears 1, and it would be even suckier in Gears 3. Its like everything you hate about Overpass, except one team already starts at the top of the stairs with the GODMODE Gears 3 rifles.

I lol'd because the Escalation map is practically already in the game (flashback/dream sequence in the first 5 minutes of campaign)

2th

Banned

Actually i would love Escalation to come back. But it would need some major overhauls. Side paths to the top would be necessary as well as proper weapons placement. I went back and was checking out that map this past weekend. 2 sniper rifles and 3 grenade pickups in the lower spawn. Jesus how was that considered balanced?

I lol'd because the Escalation map is practically already in the game (flashback/dream sequence in the first 5 minutes of campaign)

just because it is in the campaign slightly doesnt mean there is shit for the MP side.

just because it is in the campaign slightly doesnt mean there is shit for the MP side.
I didn't say there was.

It's just funny to me. The first time I played through campaign I immediately noticed the recycled assets. I lol'd and mentioned it to my friend I was co-oping with.

mernst23

Haven't been here in a bit but i'm upto 24 onyx medals now.

6/8 Campaign
6/7 Beast
5/7 Horde
7/43 Versus

Only need Medic, Leader Caps, Leader Rescues before I get to dive into kill grinding which should be by the end of this week assuming i Get my usual 3-5 hours of playtime a night. Campaign will be 8/8 the day RAAM's shadow comes out and I'm saving the last horde and beast medals because future DLC seems to be geared towards it. Only at lvl 93 though.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
More than likely modders.

On that note. I forwarded my info to Joe, flak, and cher.

Funny how people will complain about lancers and even gnashers in this game.

I should have mentioned that I knew for sure that they weren't Epic guys - I thought it would be common knowledge by now that people doing that would get perma-banned so that's why I was surprised to see these two still doing this after so long.

I do so enjoy when i get called out for using the gnasher. Im a bigger fan of horde and beast than i am of anything else so my gnasher isnt that great, but when i do hit my stride im not bad. so getting called out always makes me feel like im awesome. i laugh my ass off at the noobs insulting me but i feel awesome.

As for the people using the dev medals, might be modders, but they might not be. I know of two dev medals/titles and they are "I am EPIC!" and "I made this". I think, but am not sure, that the people from Microsoft get to use the "I made this" medal as well. So if that is the title they were using they might not have been modders. If they were using the "I am EPIC!" medal then they are either a modder or do actually work for Epic. Either way report them and let Joe/Flak sort it out.

It's real funny that that even happened against those guys, and honestly they were so forgettable that I can't even remember them using Sawed-Offs - they could have been for all I know, but I remember was slaughter and their whole team going negative BIG time.

And I'm positive that they were modders, no doubt about it - I only just got my laptop back today from repairs so I couldn't forward their tags on to Epic via Twitter.

RAAM's Shadow screens, and lots of 'em

http://translate.google.ru/translat...news/skrinshoty-gears-war-3-raam-s-shadow-dlc

sooooo pretty

RAAM looks like he doesn't want to be here. Tired eyes.

Untitled-25.jpg

"Mannnn, its too fucking early in the morning to be killing humans."

Untitled-21.jpg

" 'Pose to be my day off and Queen Bitch waking me up to lead invasions and shit. ugh"

No way man. Gears SP is worth it. So much better than the modern warfare military shooters

Totally agree. I just don't think that it really holds a candle to the type of game that it is online, which only speaks volumes for how awesome a package GoW3 is.

Raam DLC looks rad. I want to crush COG skulls bad.

And yeah, I had a serious case of Overpass blues last night. We'd all actually prefer it were just taken out of the game, right? Do you think they'll ever amend it? There has to be a plethora of ways to improve that anus map.

Totally agree. I just don't think that it really holds a candle to the type of game that it is online, which only speaks volumes for how awesome a package GoW3 is.

Raam DLC looks rad. I want to crush COG skulls bad.

Id place campaign over MP if only because the production seems more polished, narative, cutscenes, objectives ect.

Each to their own it really is awesome that we all can get so much out of this.

Im incredibly excited for for RAAM's shadow, but at the same time i want to know who else we are going to get. id gladly buy a season pass next year for a similar deal. 1 campaign, 1 horde, 1 beast and 1 mp (which this looks like it will be). I really doubt it will happen since epic have to move on to better things but if it does ill be all over it.

Such a mixed bag with gears dlc, on disc stuff is bad no questions but the quality of the rest is outstanding

unomas

Banned
Finally beat it on Insane last night and got the 4 player co-op achievement as well. It was fun as hell, final boss battle lasted about 25-30 minutes, but we had unlimited ammo as our host had that modifier. Looking forward to going from level 46 to 100 in multiplayer now. Gotta start grinding KOTH matches I guess.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Sigh. This game. I cant fucking stand the randomness anymore. I put up with it cause i really love the premise of the gameplay but accepting that youre gonna get bullshitted every game is just wearing on me. I really have no problem losing to someone who lines up a shot better than me or is in a better position but this game just fucking takes the cake. We were playing tdm on mercy. Dude had the mortar. I sneak up on him. Empty every shot in my hammy...he lives??...drops the mortar and runs??..o...kay..so i switch to shotty..hit him twice. Nothing. He turns around..shoots me ONCE with the shotty and i go full red? its 2011. Come on i wouldn't take this shit from Q3A on 56k. This is the type of shit that just turns me off from online play.

Sigh. This game. I cant fucking stand the randomness anymore. I put up with it cause i really love the premise of the gameplay but accepting that youre gonna get bullshitted every game is just wearing on me. I really have no problem losing to someone who lines up a shot better than me or is in a better position but this game just fucking takes the cake. We were playing tdm on mercy. Dude had the mortar. I sneak up on him. Empty every shot in my hammy...he lives??...drops the mortar and runs??..o...kay..so i switch to shotty..hit him twice. Nothing. He turns around..shoots me ONCE with the shotty and i go full red? its 2011. Come on i wouldn't take this shit from Q3A on 56k. This is the type of shit that just turns me off from online play.

Sorry to hear, mayne. Sure, the game still shits me to no end on a daily basis, but it's usually down to my sucking balls or being completely outplayed.

On another note:

Man, do I love doing this - it's definitely one of those "AWWWWW YIHHHHH" Gears 3 moments -

Gridlock... Digger/Boom spawn... The inevitable stalemate... Your backs against the wall; out of sight, but not out of mind... Who will rush? Who will retreat? And then you hear it... The unmistakable audio cue triggered by your enemy pulling out their smoke grenade... And you know that it's time to act...

You only have those few precious seconds; seconds wherein your enemy's freedom is gimped by pre-determined animations, but my god, does it feel amazing rolling away from their Gnasher-gib'd corpse as their redundant smoke grenade explodes behind you, celebrating your cleverness.

Maddog

LosDaddie and I are going to try to tackle the last three chapters on insane if anyone wants to join us tonight at approximately 9pm EST. Send friend requests to: Mad Haxor.

Frester

Anyone from Gears GAF looking to do a 4 player co-op run of the campaign? I just need it for the achievement, so it can be on casual, arcade, whatever. I can also set up an idle player just to fill a spot if need be. PM me or send a friend request to Fr3st3r (and let me know you're from GAF!).

2San

While there's definitely bullshit in Gears. With Gears 3 they toned down the bs a lot. I get more weird moments in MW3 and BF3, but you don't really notice with MW3 since it so high paced. With BF3 I and I figure others do as well, tend to play a style that's pretty much camp or rushing. So traditional 1v1 are relatively scarce.

Was he hacking or something?

Frester

Anyone from Gears GAF looking to do a 4 player co-op run of the campaign? I just need it for the achievement, so it can be on casual, arcade, whatever. I can also set up an idle player just to fill a spot if need be. PM me or send a friend request to Fr3st3r (and let me know you're from GAF!).

Quoting myself for the new page.

Also, why do I keep losing the 10x multiplier in Arcade? Boosting 2-7 with an idle controller, I max it out only for it to drop down to 9x a few seconds later.

Jaguar

Quoting myself for the new page.

Also, why do I keep losing the 10x multiplier in Arcade? Boosting 2-7 with an idle controller, I max it out only for it to drop down to 9x a few seconds later.

I think it drops when you take damage. Maybe the Queen is slightly damaging your idle character?

Nori Chan

So I was playing a private match on thrashball to boost my hammerburst ( I absolutely hate this gun do I have to) and Tai and Raam were one of the bots....wtf fellas?

So I was playing a private match on thrashball to boost my hammerburst ( I absolutely hate this gun do I have to) and Tai and Raam were one of the bots....wtf fellas?

Yeah, last title update added them for people who dont purchase them, the still need to load them obviously.

This is what they should have done with the skins with a day 1 patch, then they could have avoided alot of the on disc based dlc drama, i was positive it could be done despite epic saying it couldnt and this is proof.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Yeah, last title update added them for people who dont purchase them, the still need to load them obviously.

This is what they should of done with the skins with a day 1 patch, then they could of avoided alot of the on disc dlc drama, i was positive it could be done despite epic saying it couldnt and this is proof.

A patch for characters and their voices would have been way too big to be made mandatory for anyone just putting in the game and not even playing MP - and it would only get bigger and bigger with each update of new DLC characters.

The booster pack way makes more sense as it's not mandatory if you don't want to play online MP, and there's an incentive to keep it downloaded.

Man, I don't know what else to tell you, but other than the once in a tiny blue moon when someone sponges a Gnasher shot, this game has got the least amount of bullshit I've come to experience online - even when those few times are there when servers were down. You might want to check things out on your end if I were you.

This is what they should have done with the skins with a day 1 patch, then they could have avoided alot of the on disc dlc drama, i was positive it could be done despite epic saying it couldnt and this is proof.

I totally agree.

A patch for characters and their voices would have been way too big to be made mandatory for anyone just putting in the game and not even playing MP - and it would only get bigger and bigger with each update of new DLC characters.

The booster pack way makes more sense as it's not mandatory if you don't want to play online MP, and there's an incentive to keep it downloaded.

Im not even sure what this is about, My post was about they should of done this with the Weapon skins. And they have patched the game to include these characters

Raam,Tai,Barrick,Kim and Alica have all been added by a patch. If they hadnt they would of been in the initial leaks.

Ohh, i think your saying they came with the booster pack? most likely.

It's actually "should have" and "could have", but otherwise I agree.

Fixed for you

Fry

A friend of mine sent me this game today. He went to the UK and got me as a gift. Can't wait to play.

Is the matchmaking search engine any decent this time?

Willeth

Yeah, figured that out right after I posted. Had to actually move around during that part and avoid taking damage instead of looking at GAF.

If you hide behind the crates at the back you'll never get hit and can goof off on the webz to your heart's content.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
A friend of mine sent me this game today. He went to the UK and got me as a gift. Can't wait to play.

yep, all fixed.

ranked matchmatching takes about 10-30 seconds for me because it has to find 9 other players.

Public matches fill the spaces with bots so there's always a game to join. You'll just drop right in

The matchmaking is sublime. Think Modern Warfare 2 at its peak of popularity and functionality, but better.

I'm in a perfect game within 6 seconds of selecting "Versus"; and if I were so inclined to rage-quit (likely), I can find another in just as little time. It's GODLY.

Fry

Excellent, thanks guys. Going to make up for all the time I should have spent playing Gears 2 online in this one.

-PXG-

Excellent, thanks guys. Going to make up for all the time I should have spent playing Gears 2 online in this one.

Oh, you didn't miss anything. You were one of the lucky ones. My life is now shorter and I am now more susceptible to stroke and heart attack because of that game.

Do you guys still cop the glitch that spawns you with the wrong/default rifle? Very annoying. This surely wouldn't be that difficult to fix.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Im not even sure what this is about, My post was about they should of done this with the Weapon skins. And they have patched the game to include these characters

Raam,Tai,Barrick,Kim and Alica have all been added by a patch. If they hadnt they would of been in the initial leaks.

Ohh, i think your saying they came with the booster pack? most likely.

Yes, they came with the booster pack - and I'm saying that five full characters at the minimum per DLC would have been too big for a mandatory patch.

Do you guys still cop the glitch that spawns you with the wrong/default rifle? Very annoying. This surely wouldn't be that difficult to fix.

I've had it maybe three times since launch, a couple other friends get it a bit more than that, but luckily you always have to choice to switch after getting killed.

Ballistik

Oh, you didn't miss anything. You were one of the lucky ones. My life is now shorter and I am now more susceptible to stroke and heart attack because of that game.
I learned the meaning of patience and acquired the skill of tolerance. Thank you Gears 2 for that learning experience.

malfcn

Wow.

2 people are chainsawing someone.
1 walk up, shotty shotty shotty shotty shotty.

They both turn around and chainsaw me.

SERIOUSL!L!Y?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom