• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

razu

A few things.

I approve of the new map playlist! Can't pick the game mode, but I've played so much TDM now, I really don't care. Warzone is still the coolest, just seems most people don't think that way.

Blood Drive is a contender for best map in the game! Pissing about in the back, planting grenades, hiding all over the place. Mayhem! Well, controlled mayhem, so many stand offs. It's brilliant.

Rust Lung can eat my ass for the time being, I don't get it. I like the super fiddly corridors, but I have no idea of where people can come from so I end up on the wrong end of a SOS way too often. Also, the wide open area, wtf!! But then, I did see someone get in the robo-suit thing last night. I think this map will grow on me over time.

Bullet Marsh is great. Rain alone makes it more Gears for me. I forget, did the original have the ramps up from the bottom, near either side of the central area? I don't remember them, but they are great. Kryll effect is... yeah, not so much. But the lightning is rad.

I'm at level 51 and just had a play with the control sensitivity settings for the first time since starting. I had it set to 20-20-15. Knocked it down to 18-15-9... wonderful! Sniper headshots coming out my ass! I recommend revisiting the settings if you haven't in a while.

Ummm, that's it! Gears 4 life, etc, etc, ...

razu

Wait, what? In MP?!

Yeah, I think there are some switches and it rises out of the ground by the wall in the wide open bit. Probably a massive team effort to get it normally. They were lucky they were playing against Team Lone Wolf :) And the map is new I guess.

We came back from about 100 points down on KotH Rustlung when we got the Silverback. That thing makes up for the lack of power weapons on that map, let me tell ya

Damn I want to come back to this game, but I still have other games to play on 360. Anything I miss? And I still need to unlock savage theron guard lol.

Are there any tips on boosting money in Horde? I want to unlock the goddamn Silverback and Command Center already.

Silverback AND Command Center? You will need to invest some serious time. Silverback is easier to unlock. I find that the bar goes faster when you build something new or upgrade. Repairing takes a lot longer to progress.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Are there any tips on boosting money in Horde? I want to unlock the goddamn Silverback and Command Center already.

Don't ever use easy mutators, the negative percentage also counts for money invested into upgrades - people using all easy mutators are essentially wasting their time.

Higher difficulties help as well to add even more.

Silverback AND Command Center? You will need to invest some serious time. Silverback is easier to unlock. I find that the bar goes faster when you build something new or upgrade. Repairing takes a lot longer to progress.

It goes strictly by the amount of money x the multiplier, so the more money you put in, the faster the bar goes.

Ballistik

Funny how I played Koth of Rustlung, and the moment the silverback spawned, everybody completely ignore the hill. The battle focused on the center and trying to get that silverback.

Willeth

I think that's probably because repairing takes half the cash, and therefore twice as long to push through.

Right now I'm a really dickish Horde player. Pump the turret five times to get my Combat Engineer and then save the rest for a Silverback to upgrade to rockets. My teams must hate me.

locust piloting the silverback must look pretty jarring, lol
Kinda, plus the Silverback itself looks very strange with red affiliation lights, haha.

It's not that worrying in Versus as long as your teammates know that chucking a smoke nade at it will kick the rider out and disable access for a few seconds. Then it's a matter of directing all fire towards it and sitting back to watch the fireworks.

JambiBum

Gears Weekend playlist for this weekend is....

This is My Rifle. No shotguns allowed, only rifles, with all other weapons still being available.

Man, Blood Drive and Clocktower are the pinnacle of map-making. So good.

Also, what sets off the Kryll on Bullet Marsh? It's a stupid mechanic and I don't LIKE IT.

Taking out the generator will also I believe hitting the lights in the certain areas.
Nah, it's only shooting the generator that does the trick. After you take it out you'll see electricity surging through the sets of cables going in different directions, it'll turn off the lights in 3 areas which will then get infested by Kryll: the Boomshot spawn and the two Longshot spawns.

The generator repairs itself after a while and you can shoot it again. Be aware that the Kryll will kill anyone, so you can cause a lot of friendly kills with them.

This weekend's event: not impressed. Rifles only is pretty much standard gameplay for a lot of people considering how brutally powerful Gears 3's rifles are. The fact that it's a mandatory event for all playlists except Wingman is a strange decision.

*waves at Pete*

2th

Banned
so Gears GAF I have one DOTA 2 gift key left. Give me a reason to give it to you. Will check back in 12 hours.

unomas

Banned
And if anyone is reading this end the damn kill stealing! I'm sooooo sick of it, totally ruins the gameplay experience.

Addnan

so Gears GAF I have one DOTA 2 gift key left. Give me a reason to give it to you. Will check back in 12 hours.

You can kick my ass repeatedly since I've never played a dota game?

Always wanted to though.
Pick someone else, I don't deserve it

Not related to Gears, but anybody want a Reach Anniversary code? I have one.

Bah, the Epic dudes can take the heat. :p And good to know this weekend event is its own playlist, everyone on the official forums was under the impression it was otherwise.

And yeah, Pete has a habit of quoting posts from this thread from a while back now. It's reassuring to see our feedback and thoughts don't go to waste.

LosDaddie

Banned
Well Epic devs, feel free to come back & post, don't mind the assholes!

Even better would be to join us on XBL for a few MP matches....Or maybe one of the Horde games we try to get going.

PM me, Epic Staff/Mr. Cliff B., to join our next Horde game on Insane w/mutators

mernst23

Got my MVP Onyx, Medic Onyx, and Leader Rescues Onyx yesterday, which makes 27.

I should have my Embry Star today after I do the doorman, 47 Leader Caps, and 25 more for the Sovereign win Rounds as leader Medal.

6 Medals in 2 days and probably won't get another one for two weeks now. They always seem to come in succession.

2th

Banned
gave yall 12 hours... only one person is mildly interested in DOTA 2. I really would like to give this to someone deserving. Im going to try the key begging thread i guess.

gave yall 12 hours... only one person is mildly interested in DOTA 2. I really would like to give this to someone deserving. Im going to try the key begging thread i guess.

Yeah, you're probably targeting the wrong audience in a Gears of War thread.

Lima

So the first guy got Seriously 3.0 yesterday. Shit I need to step my game up to get it this year. Barely made any progress over the last couple days.

Fry

Finally got the game. Wooooooo!

I have a question guys. I'm browsing through multiplayer here and I'm not sure what 'playing in your region' means. My console is american and my copy is PAL. What's going to make the difference here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom