• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody game for some Horde on Insane with mutators tonight? I'm hoping we can get at least 4 GAFers this time.

I might be interested in this if we get started around 6-7pm est. I also want to get the majority of the Horde Command Pack cheevos too.
The Host with the Most- 25GS
Places to Se People to Destroy - 25GS
Kill Locust (Like a Boss) - 100GS
nevermind finished

Gave the This is my rifle playlist a try, steamrolled randoms in TDM, got a bit bored due to either no competition or doing great but still losing due to clueless teammates. The fact that I was pulling off numbers like 22-3 easily tells us one thing: most people don't know how to play without their shotguns.

zlatko

Banned
Zlatko, RAAM DLC and SF4 2012 patch are the same day. I imagine we share the same predicament. Which one are you tackling first?

Actually, I'm without dat Xbox Live. To focus on finding a job ASAP since I moved, I haven't been gaming for the past 2 weeks. I've gotten an hour TOPS of anything, and it was UMvC3.

If I had to pick though, I'd run through Raam DLC SP, then go body fools with my Abel. ;)

Actually, I'm without dat Xbox Live. To focus on finding a job ASAP since I moved, I haven't been gaming for the past 2 weeks. I've gotten an hour TOPS of anything, and it was UMvC3.

If I had to pick though, I'd run through Raam DLC SP, then go body fools with my Abel. ;)

Im sure someone here can muster up a 48hour/1 month card. I had a bunch lying around somewhere. ill shoot you a pm on the 13th if i find one.

Fry

Am I the only person to start this game on multiplayer (team deathmatch) and don't play ANY other mode for a while?

(I did the same with Halo: Reach)

zlatko

Banned
Im sure someone here can muster up a 48hour/1 month card. I had a bunch lying around somewhere. ill shoot you a pm on the 13th if i find one.

Appreciated, but I am not doing any heavy gaming until I get a job.

If I nail that job before then I'll let ya know. :) I've got an interview Tuesday. Seriously have done like 40-50 applications by now, and I've only had two call backs for actual jobs. The first let me do it for a day, got paid, but is over a 30 minute drive to get there, but they are opening a new place here in my area in like a week so he took my info and said he'd contact me then for it.(I hope) The other like mentioned is this Tuesday.

I'll reward myself with lots of Gears and UMvC3 once I have work. :)

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Undefeated all evening & night tonight including a juicy Quad with the Gnasher, and FINALLY got a whiner sending me a message in another match accusing me of being host! My Gnasher was on point that match, didn't miss at all with my hipfire, getting loads of doubles & triples.

zlatko

Banned
Undefeated all evening & night tonight including a juicy Quad with the Gnasher, and FINALLY got a whiner sending me a message in another match accusing me of being host! My Gnasher was on point that match, didn't miss at all with my hipfire, getting loads of doubles & triples.

Host.

leng jai

So I just starred playing again tonight after a 2 month hiatus. New maps seem alright, whats the reception for them like on here?

Ugh, I'm struggling to finish this campaign. It seems as though this entire game is a perfunctory addition to the storyline. I thought Gears 2 wrapped everything up fairly neatly. Gears 3 is just like, "this is the shit that happens after all the cool shit goes down." It'd be like if Star Wars 7 focused on the Rebels fighting random Empire units. After the battle of the Death Star, who cares about these small engagements?

Gears 2 was the definite peak of the franchise, and it seemed to steal all the color from the other two games. Seriously, this game is shades of brown, gray, and yellow. Such a massive step back from Gears 2. Dunno what happened.

LosDaddie

Banned
Gears-GAF: LET'S DO THIS!!!

Horde on Insane with mutators. I have all the Easy ones....Super Reload, Infinite Ammo, Instagib Melee.

Just looking for 4 GAFers to do Waves 1-50 with....

I'm going to get some lunch, then I'll be back to game. Gimme about 1.5hrs....around 6pm

GT: LosDaddie

Post here if you want to join. Or send me a FR on XBL. Let's game

I went back to Gears 2 after playing Gears 3. It was a piece of colossus shit, with worse controls, terrible fucking framerate, boring set pieces, and I'm pretty sure you spent half of the game underground in brown tunnels and structures.

LosDaddie

Banned
Gears-GAF: LET'S DO THIS!!!

Horde on Insane with mutators. I have all the Easy ones....Super Reload, Infinite Ammo, Instagib Melee.

Just looking for 4 GAFers to do Waves 1-50 with....

I'm going to get some lunch, then I'll be back to game. Gimme about 1.5hrs....around 6pm

GT: LosDaddie

Post here if you want to join. Or send me a FR on XBL. Let's game

Damn...nobody? :(

2San

Dear randoms, I know you suck at Gears, but that's fine. Even your scrubby ass is better then a bot. So please stop quiting the matches. Losing one round, doesn't mean you lost the match.

Honestly been running with a 3 man party we are playing pretty well against stacked parties. Won against one full party(execution) with 2 bots.

We played 2 different parties 2 times in a row. With both winning the first, but losing the second. What do they have in common? A bot dying 10+ times while only making 1 or 0 kills. With matches getting pretty close. Honestly I'd rather not have a bot in TDM, they kill the respawn ticks for now reason and run out of cover likes it nothing.

Still had good fun though. :O

is this game dead online?

Well not entirely but I just got the game and when I check there are like 3000 to 7000 people playing..... Halo Reach is still pulling 80 to 90k @ night time...

Ballistik

Well not entirely but I just got the game and when I check there are like 3000 to 7000 people playing..... Halo Reach is still pulling 80 to 90k @ night time...

Didn't beat Halo:Reach, but don't forget to count horde, beast, and campaign numbers.

Campaign alone can have somewhere around 30k..

There are probably around 100k across all modes. At least that's what it was at when I checked the last time.

abracadaver

I went back to Gears 2 after playing Gears 3. It was a piece of colossus shit, with worse controls, terrible fucking framerate, boring set pieces, and I'm pretty sure you spent half of the game underground in brown tunnels and structures.

What the hell ? Worse controls ? Terrible framerate ? Boring set pieces ? Brown ? You are completely wrong

Gears 2 campaign shits all over Gears 3.

unomas

Banned
Grinding away trying to get to level 100, I can see this is going to be a long long process. I don't know how people hit 100 so early, I'm doing really well in TDM now, K/D at 1.19 and more wins than losses, but I'm at 54 after doing three XP levels tonight and I'm done. Very fun, but maybe they should institute a prestige system instead of this crazy XP level grind? I'm at 2,200 kills in multi, and I'm thinking it's going to take north of 10,000 kills roughly to get to that level.

I'm interested in a Horde run, I've only gotten to level 37 with a bunch of randoms so I'm game if anyone else wants in.

Feindflug

Couldn't have said it better - Gears 2 is a slow, clunky, with crappy level design/combat scenarios and lots of "epic" fillers POS campaign.

Gears 3's campaign is so much better in every aspect.

Kydd BlaZe

2>1>>>>>>>>3

While far from being downright awful, Gears of War 3 has the worst campaign in the series. It's chock full of annoying characters, cringe-worthy dialogue, and a plot that just felt incoherent and rushed. With that said, I still enjoyed it, however it just wasn't as fun as Gears of War 2.

Rifle playlist should stick around, dare I say it but Gears 3 is an infinitely better game without shotguns. So good.

Hmm. No, but I'll grant infinitely less annoying*. Gears without shotguns = Gears coming out of my 360's tray. It's a mighty fine x-factor. Don't listen to the haters, Gearsbro.

leng jai

You think thats dead? Oceania tops out at about 30 people playing and and less than 10 for ranked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom